NOC Two Mafias Mafia - Won by The Pack

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
An interesting stat, is that purely statistically if we don't vote, there's a 33% chance a scum dies tonight due to scum shooting the other team.

I think this is right

1-(9/11)^2 = 0.33

What’s your plan to get us to a place where we can solve the game?

I don’t mind no voting but hoping a crossfire and someone getting interesting results is maybe not the best course of action and more importantly, fairly boring way to play
Personally, I have been kinda wait for more people to kinda come on and post. but the usual plan would be just to Vote someone out. While

scum is more "in the dark" about claims, I think the chance of cross-fire can still be fair.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
An interesting stat, is that purely statistically if we don't vote, there's a 33% chance a scum dies tonight due to scum shooting the other team.

I think this is right

1-(9/11)^2 = 0.33
1-81/121=(121-81)/121=30/121 which is ever so slightly less than 1/3 and more than 0.33 (bc 30/120 would be 1/3)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Also assuming if we did vote someone today, and hit town, that'd boost odds of scum hitting each other to 36%. Which tbh prob isn't worth from a stat perspective.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
oh question for Lady Salamence how has running masters went so far (other than nobody reading the op and bossaru bossaruing)
rewarding but the first tournament of its kind and the struggles are definitely there. the system we're using for swiss is fine but it makes undoing the host errors much harder. and im making a fair bit since im handling 500+ players / 250+ matchups and far too many unplayed games. with each week now, more people get eliminated, which is good. more eliminations at x-3, less games to look at, less unplayed games (so many signup-and-never-log-in-again folk). ive seen so far your record you haven't lost yet right? well done so far!

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
rewarding but the first tournament of its kind and the struggles are definitely there. the system we're using for swiss is fine but it makes undoing the host errors much harder. and im making a fair bit since im handling 500+ players / 250+ matchups and far too many unplayed games. with each week now, more people get eliminated, which is good. more eliminations at x-3, less games to look at, less unplayed games (so many signup-and-never-log-in-again folk). ive seen so far your record you haven't lost yet right? well done so far!
ya i got act win, won a set vs elrog pretty easily, haxed the fuck out of isza in SS and then he brought scarf dazzling gleam bulu in sm

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
wasnt osdt also swiss? or is that not really comparable due to like tournament size and such?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)