NOC Vote n' Veto NOC Mafia - Game Thread [Game Over - Town Win!]

I mean as the pool for the lynch today.

I heard about something called "Zenon's Law" maybe some of the older mafia players know about this.
yJVsRDf.png
EEaSXg1.png

U wot mate

Basically, in a 3 player vote during rvs there's at least one scum in the persons voting or the person being voted
anyway this is bad logic because several players didn't vote early (e.g. Blazade) and it's just ruling them out of the interaction entirely. I didn't vote in RVS either

The pics are Zenon's Law not existing except in a game on mafiauniverse in like April where a player called Zenon posted on the same page as the word law happened to be used.

But that still didn't include "Zenon's Law".

I.E. this doesn't exist lmao
It does exist. Just because there isn't a mafia universe article about it doesn't mean it doesnt exist lol.

People don't even play mafia that much on forums anymore. Most of the games are played in discord FYI.

It does exist. Just because there isn't a mafia universe article about it doesn't mean it doesnt exist lol.

People don't even play mafia that much on forums anymore. Most of the games are played in discord FYI.
OK and live chat mafia and forum mafia are two extremely different games with different metas around them, so live chat stuff is irrelevant here lol. I've played both, and gameplay is outright different.

OK and live chat mafia and forum mafia are two extremely different games with different metas around them, so live chat stuff is irrelevant here lol. I've played both, and gameplay is outright different.
It's really not that different.

Similarities
Flips
Setups similar
Players similar
Phase length similar
Post lengths similar

Differences
Overall more posts
Faster interaction? I guess, it depends on the player just like in forum mafia. I can go real time interaction with Celever but usually not AG.

Discord mafia and Forum mafia are very similar, all the mechanical stuff related to votes isn't invalidated at all. The people play very similar, as many discord maf players are forum maf players and vice versa.

It's really not that different.

Similarities
Flips
Setups similar
Players similar
Phase length similar
Post lengths similar

Differences
Overall more posts
Faster interaction? I guess, it depends on the player just like in forum mafia. I can go real time interaction with Celever but usually not AG.

Discord mafia and Forum mafia are very similar, all the mechanical stuff related to votes isn't invalidated at all. The people play very similar, as many discord maf players are forum maf players and vice versa.
Not faster interaction; live, universal, interaction. Everyone is there all the time and a game wraps up in one session. This means half the time you're reading into reaction time, and it also means the entire game is playing with pure gut because you don't have the opportunity to go back and analyse messages with a finetooth comb.

Not voting during RVS in disc mafia implies you're frozen. Not voting during RVS in forum mafia is a playstyle quirk where you want to sit back and analyse later, or where you want others to start getting interactions for you to read into without muddying the pool. Plus, especially in a game like this where we're basically all playing sequentially, RVS votes tends to be jokes.

Not to mention this game actually barely had a RVS stage. Some people tried to stick in RVS for longer than the game flow did, but they got capped quickly for doing so.

Forum mafia is much more solved and game theory based than disc mafia is. It's not to say disc mafia is low skill, but it's far more fluid wrt strategy.

I also see now you've said phase length is similar in your bullet point. That would be extremely irregular. Live mafia tends to take 30-60 minutes, and if you're playing long mafia games on disc that's a strange hybrid system that is rare.

Yeah Zenon's Law is probably BS lol. Multiple people arrived late and how they behave in RVS is more personality than alignment. I'm too much of an old fart to be playing discord mafia but if it's really 48h phases now that's interesting. I always remember how different the playstyles of say, Town of Salem players are when coming to forum mafia. Gut reads, fast and loose play, etc.

Seems like people are largely agreeing with my reads which makes me a bit suspicious, I'll have to read back at lunch and see what I can get from that.

I don’t agree with ur reads

I feel like psy is usually very transparent during his town games and here he’s just…not

Ok, cool. I was mostly gesturing at how I started to see a lot of skip/AG scumleans or votes after I went to bed and I haven't processed the wagonomics of that yet. If I'm wrong who's capitalizing? If I'm right, is everyone solid?

Interesting point about psy though, I thought he has been pretty transparent, can you elaborate?

Not faster interaction; live, universal, interaction. Everyone is there all the time and a game wraps up in one session.
What are you talking about? No they do not. The phases last 48 hours 24 nights usually.

This means half the time you're reading into reaction time, and it also means the entire game is playing with pure gut because you don't have the opportunity to go back and analyse messages with a finetooth comb.
No you have plenty of downtime to go back and analyze.

What are you talking about? No they do not. The phases last 48 hours 24 nights usually.

No you have plenty of downtime to go back and analyze.
Yeah, you can see me noting that in your post later and realising you're talking about a really niche type of mafia that is barely played. All major mafia communities have forum mafia, and short live chat mafia. That you are in a rare community that plays long form mafia on discord doesn't mean that
Celever you dont know what you're talking about.
I don't know what I'm talking about. Your bad attitude is coming out again for no reason lol

Back