The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it so interesting the way people always put losses on Romo's shoulders. Both picks were more the receivers' faults than Romo's. Moreover, the playcalling was just ridiculous. And here I go, trying to explain to my wife how her team went from a blowout win at the end of third to a one point loss.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Romo is not to blame for that loss, Jason Garrett is. Even the INT was more Cole Beasley's fault for stopping his route. I really don't get how a coach can be that astoundingly dense.

Yeah! I got into a draft today and got selected to play. I used to play flag 8x8 as a TE, and now next year I'll be a RB for a young team here in Brazil. I don't care if it's new or old, I don't care too much for winning now, I just care for being able to fully play my favourite sport. I'll be buying all the equips needed through February.

All Schutt, helmet, gloves (mine are worn out), shoulder pads and body suit. o/

usually being Schutt out is a bad thing in football
Well, unfotunately, I don't live in a country in which I have many options. It's Schutt or Ridell, and the price difference is too much to overcome. So much that many Brazilians prefer to play with Youth equip.

My equip is the following:

Helmet Air XP Adult
Faceguard Super Pro Carbon Steel
Gloves DNA Red
Shoulder Mid Flex All Purpose 2.0
The Body Suit
Skull Cap

all in all, I'll have to pay almost 2k Brazilian Reais. That doesn't sound much, since the dollar is really high here and I got paid in dollars, but I'm redoing my house, so it is a lot.

Also, i'm done rooting for the boys this year. They'll win next week, and lose against the Eggs on Sunday Night Football in the last game of the regular season. Probably with Romo throwing the game ending int in the 4th quater. It's almost disgusting how we are seeing a team on a predetermined path to failure and they can't do anything about it.

NFC needs to stay right where it's at. Don't want anyone stirring the pot.

Really like the prediction made about the Chargers by Homeslice a few pages back, but Fins are kinda ruining that atm :/ . IIRC, Chargers need to win out and Fins need to lose out for the playoffs to happen for them.

We made this joke at our house that no one wants to face the Panthers during a full moon and looked what happened lol

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You just had to know once CBS put that on the screen that the Jags were going to lose. Also, what a fucking terrible game to watch.

Bengals were .7% to win at halftime (SAME AS PACKERS), .1% to win after the 3rd. I wish the miracle comeback had come for the team wearing blinding orenje...

You just had to know once CBS put that on the screen that the Jags were going to lose. Also, what a fucking terrible game to watch.
i disagree, i saw a lot of good things in that game, namely Todman and Ace Sanders.

sucks that we lost, but there's a lot of good things gong for the Jags right now.

that game was without our starting SS, our starting RB, are #1 WR and our starting LG.

First of all: lol Romo

Second, the Panthers have a pretty good shot at that second seed now with a win next week (I think?) over the Saints at Carolina. Saints kinda blew it against the Rams, lol...I hope they can flex Saints/Panthers in if its not already a SNF/MNF game as that's probably the determining division game there.

Stallion said:
Not for a few years
the Texans are in shambles, the Titans are not a good team, and the Colts are showing weakness.

overall it's a weak division, and i think it's wide open for us next year.

the Texans are in shambles, the Titans are not a good team, and the Colts are showing weakness.

overall it's a weak division, and i think it's wide open for us next year.
the titans were pretty solid until jake locker went down. they have a solid defense and are only a few pieces away from contending. they're closer to being a good team than the jags are anyway, no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)