The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think winning with a team that has been winning for more than a decade is worth any sort of accolade, sorry jrrrrrrr. It will probably be Reid or Rivera (if Carolina somehow wins the NFC South) for making huge turnarounds.

In other news: Chargers gonna make the playoffs and win the super bowl, it was written :3

Why? He started 0-8 for a reason. Those 8 losses weren't there from the start. Any coach with a team with an 8-8 record or better deserves it before him.
z1ZXSvS.jpg

Matt Prater's 64-yard field goal, an NFL record, marks the third straight season a kicker has hit a field goal of 63 yards or more. 64 yards is also really fucking far.

Sebastian Janikowski, once considered to be one of the best kickers in the game if not the history of the game, is last in the NFL in field goal accuracy and has not made a kick longer than 53 yards.

Eli Manning is trying to win his third Interception Title, which should put to bed his Hall of Fame doubts. Wait, throwing interceptions is bad? Then why does everyone call Eli Manning an elite quarterback???

Who has the most pass attempts in the league? Peyton. Who has the most pass completions? Peyton. Who has the highest completion percentage? Philip Rivers, the only player not named Peyton allowed into the MVP discussion. The San Diego chargers rank 26th in total defense, 29th against the pass, and have "forced" 15 turnovers. Without Rivers having what would normally be an MVP season, the Chargers would be picking first or second overall. They would not have more than three wins, I guarantee you that. He's the third-best QB in the NFL IMO, behind Peyton and Brees.

There are rumors about both Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel staying in school (in the latter's case, only if he is not projected into the first round). Not even the tanking teams can catch a break. Actually, note that potentially none of the bottom three teams in the NFL (Redskins, Texans, Falcons) will be looking for a quarterback. The Texans might, but it shows that having a "franchise quarterback" isn't everything.

Speaking of franchise quarterbacks, many thanks to the Bears organization for deluding themselves into thinking they have a franchise quarterback when in fact they have a mediocre quarterback that hasn't had a great season since 2008. By benching McCown, Trestman just handed Detroit the division. Unless the Lions fuck it up and Matt Fucking Flynn carries GB back to the playoffs. Also, fuck the Bears. Just because.

The Jaguars would have to beat Buffalo and Tennessee at home, and then win at Indianapolis, and the Baltimore Ravens and Miami Dolphins each would need to lose their final three games. San Diego and the New York Jets have to lose twice and Pittsburgh and Oakland would have to lose once.

And then we can have a 7-9 team enter the playoffs. Hey, remember last time one of those got in the playoffs, they actually won a game despite all the hype against them?

Andy Reid is winning coach of the year. End of story. Stop being delusional.

i just dont see how chip kelly loses to andy reid when he has taken the exact same team andy reid had last season and got it to the playoffs with a division win. its honestly a shame if kelly loses this because a rookie coach doing what he's done this season with a team littered with defensive garbage like the eagles should absolutely win it. reid took a kc team with absolute shit coaching that had a huge upgrade at qb and healthy players back (didnt the chiefs have 6 pro bowlers last season??) and brought them to a 5 seed and that makes him coach of the year over the guy who had his old job and completely turned the sinking ship around? (not to mention kelly is just a far better playcaller but they never look at that shit)

You do realize this isn't the same Eagles team? Last year they lost their entire OL starters(except maybe one), and had Vick(who is garbage) as their QB. This year they have the 2nd best/talented OL back with a QB that isn't tim tebow bad.

Plus the defense is a whole lot better this year. The 2012 Eggs are pretty much the only team i will ever even consider the thought of the players quiting. Mainly on the play of Nandhi who seriously would not make a tackle to save his life.

I don't think I've seen a team have more consistently bad play-calling than the Cowboys. Why the hell do they keep trying to throw? Hopefully that near INT will finally scare them into running more.

lol. And this is what happens. Jason Garrett is the biggest retarded (BAN ME PLEASE) playcalling head coach in NFL history.

I'm not even a Cowboys fan. My God.

Fuck the Bears, fuck the Packers, fuck the Chokeboys, and fuck the Ravens.

"After further review, Romo fucking blows."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back