Smogon Fantasy Football 2010

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
On a week where my starters were all hurt/on bye, Blount/Sims-Walker carry me to victory 8D

Colts and Chargers won't be resting their starters down the stretch, neither will the Steelers. Don't count on it barring injuries ;)

EDIT: I just looked at your team....you don't have an amazing team but it isnt actually bad, how in the fuck are you winless lmao
I know my team isnt amazing, but my team shouldn't be winless... I've just had a bad stretch, in weeks where I should win teams ive played posted above average weeks, and it doesnt help when MJD cant outscore CJ with a 13 point lead, but then again I could end up going on a little win streak soon if the luck turns around, that would be nice =)

Worst case, I'd rather go in winless against you or Masaki... What else do I have to look foward to besides avoiding last place in league B?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wish, as the commissioner, you could remove teams that are clearly inactive mid-season, and be able to re-distribute their rosters in some sort of fair way. It's really screwing up the results when half your games are practically byes because the opponent is starting players who are on IR or not playing that week. Next year I'm going to be alot stricter with people who join, and I am taking note of who is active this year and who is not.

I just realized too, if MS played my schedule he'd only be 5-3... With one win coming by .10 and another by something like 2 and a half points, which pretty much reduces his team to just above average...

And if I played your schedule, I'd be undefeated. FML
Actually no, you'd still be 6-2 but you'd be on a 2 game losing streak, and actually now that I looked at it, i'd be 5-3 if I played your schedule too... Kinda crazy if you think about it

pookar

Banned deucer.
I wish, as the commissioner, you could remove teams that are clearly inactive mid-season, and be able to re-distribute their rosters in some sort of fair way. It's really screwing up the results when half your games are practically byes because the opponent is starting players who are on IR or not playing that week. Next year I'm going to be alot stricter with people who join, and I am taking note of who is active this year and who is not.
lol i know thats not directed at anyone in particular, but id like to point out that this week was the only week i faced a "bye" team and outscored everyone else by 40. but i do understand where you are coming from and it does screw some people up. with the right schedule a borderline shit team can sneak into the playoffs, which is terrible

Actually no, you'd still be 6-2 but you'd be on a 2 game losing streak, and actually now that I looked at it, i'd be 5-3 if I played your schedule too... Kinda crazy if you think about it
Ah you're right, although some minor tweaks (Starters) would've made me undefeated with your schedule. Oh well, none of that matters anyway.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol i know thats not directed at anyone in particular, but id like to point out that this week was the only week i faced a "bye" team and outscored everyone else by 40. but i do understand where you are coming from and it does screw some people up. with the right schedule a borderline shit team can sneak into the playoffs, which is terrible
Nah it's not really directed at you because I've had one or two "byes" myself. I just want to win fair, not with a handicap you know? I mean really, it's not difficult to maintain a fantasy team, takes like 2 minutes once a week. Unless you're really decimated by injuries and have to spend alot of time on the wire, you can be really careful with your draft and be set for the season. Why sign up at all if you can't be bothered to participate? What's more, these people are still getting WINS by sheer luck. I lost in another league to a guy with two people on bye, it's just lame.

Ah you're right, although some minor tweaks (Starters) would've made me undefeated with your schedule. Oh well, none of that matters anyway.
It doesnt lol, I'd bench my starters to stay winless until I play MS but then that would mess things up... although with my luck, i'll be winless anyway. Nvm, MS lucked out VJ comes back one week after

I had one team that hit like 5 byes at one week...poor planning, three were my wide receivers (all draft studs), and two were my D and K...I just gave up. It was only one week, but even someone like me who is relentlessly active gives up sometimes!

I want next year to have another crazy league for ONLY very active members, again 8 people. It has been far my favorite, although I am not sure if pookar and zerowing share the sentiment. I care about it more than I have ever cared about any fantasy league...managing 24 players is just so awesome. zerowing/pookar will definitely be invited again too, they have had good teams/cared.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so how about this

waterbomb actually vetoed a trade. like are you fucking kidding me, you have to really be obviously colluding to warrant a veto of a trade. which, um, i'm not doing.

kyle orton and brandon jackson for darren mcfadden and jerome harrison. a top tier qb and starting rb for a top tier rb and someone who should not be on any fantasy roster. absolutely unreal that that was vetoed, i never want waterbomb commisioning a league again. because that's fucking ridiculous.

pookar

Banned deucer.
Nah it's not really directed at you because I've had one or two "byes" myself. I just want to win fair, not with a handicap you know? I mean really, it's not difficult to maintain a fantasy team, takes like 2 minutes once a week. Unless you're really decimated by injuries and have to spend alot of time on the wire, you can be really careful with your draft and be set for the season. Why sign up at all if you can't be bothered to participate? What's more, these people are still getting WINS by sheer luck. I lost in another league to a guy with two people on bye, it's just lame.
lol dont even get me started. i joined my friends' irl league(i know him online) half the people dont know football/are inactive. Im 1-7. nobody uses the waivers wire, nobody changes their lineup aside from 3~ teams (inc me). the last 3 weeks i faced dudes who started IR and bye week players, AND I LOST. the league isnt serious or anything but someone that ignorant shouldnt be getting a win ever.

so how about this

waterbomb actually vetoed a trade. like are you fucking kidding me, you have to really be obviously colluding to warrant a veto of a trade. which, um, i'm not doing.

kyle orton and brandon jackson for darren mcfadden and jerome harrison. a top tier qb and starting rb for a top tier rb and someone who should not be on any fantasy roster. absolutely unreal that that was vetoed, i never want waterbomb commisioning a league again. because that's fucking ridiculous.
so in other words he thought the other person was getting too much...you are only looking at your side!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I'm really not going to say much on this subject. If you feel a fantasy commissioner should just be a placeholder and allow whatever, that's your perogative. I take it slightly more seriously than that, and I won't apologize for it. I'm not an overbearing person, but I'm also not afraid to reject something I don't deem is fair. As I posted in the league itself, I felt the second part of the trade was what made it unfair. If the trade were simply Orton for McFadden I would have been ok with it, but throwing another RB in there basically for free (an RB who hasn't been doing nearly as bad as people think) I felt was too much. Think what you will, be pissed off, call me a cunt, whatever. If you don't like how I run my league, don't join it next year.

Dubulous

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
except that's only relevant if i wasn't the one that offered the damn thing, which i was. if i want to give up that much value to get run dmc then let me. because it should be pretty damn obvious that i'm not colluding to help out a 1-7 team...

i only threw jackson in there because a) i don't need him at all whatsoever and b) i was trying to avoid a veto by throwing in an extra player. hey i'll do the trade sans jackson and harrison if that'll push it through.

thing is waterbomb this isn't your league. and if it is your league don't call it a smogon league. i know for certain i won't be playing in a league that you run next year because i like playing in leagues where more than half of the league is active and i appreciate a commissioner who knows when a veto is appropriate and when it isn't.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I don't see it that way. I am sorry that you got so pissed off over it, but I don't judge the value based on the records. If you want run dmc, simply trade Orton for him and I won't touch it. Please leave Jackson and Harrison out of it. I don't believe I am being unreasonable in this request.

Dubulous

fantasy football commissioners should only ever veto a trade if it's obvious collusion. certainly i don't want the person that drafted wes welker r2 and steelers d r3 to tell me what trades are fair or not. let fantasy owners manage their teams the way they want to.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I'm just going to respond to the part of your post that's relevant to the argument, because the insults have no point in it. I explained my thought process to you, and why I vetoed it. I also made an effort to understand your reasoning, and I accept your statement that it was not collusion. Let me be clear that I never thought you were colluding in the first place. I looked at it based on strict value alone. Further, I do acknowledge your concern that I am involving myself too much in the team managers' decisions. After your explanation, I will concede to allow the trade you originally wanted. Next time something like this happens, I would appreciate you approaching me in a civilized manner to ask about it, rather than spouting a bunch of childish insults and acting emotional. This is fantasy football, not real life, so the dramatics are not necessary.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
McFadden >= Orton + B. Jackson FYI. Don't fucking veto shit like that, WaterBomb. I whole-heartedly agree with scrubulous here.

"I looked at it based on strict value alone."

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU VALUE THEM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T YOUR PLAYERS.

While this is very much not my problem since apparently we decided to be trade free for the most part in League A, I'm really, really, really not a fan of anyone, either the commish directly or the league by vote, using vetoes in fantasy sports unless there's obvious collusion or things are so ridiculously imbalanced that it threatens the health of the league.

Sure doesn't look like that was the case here.

While obviously it's better if trades that occur benefit both teams, there are a lot of fantasy owners that are out there trying to rip off the other guy and it's within their rights to do so. Veto system doesn't exist to protect people from themselves. And I don't think this trade was super bad anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)