Smogon Fantasy Football 2010

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dude his eyebrows are so thick, and I didn't realize he was that damn skinny! He looks like he belongs on an episode of Jersey Shore.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just figure I will put this out there. Stop trying to make trades with me just because I am in 2nd to last place (but 5th in scoring). I am not going to trade a #1 / 2 WR (especially in a PPR league) for a flex play RB at best and a downgrade at another position. Unless you are offering a top 5 QB or RB, then don't even bother. This isn't just for you CK, I've had a few of these lately.

Let's go 5 players, 1 Kicker, and 1 Defense on byes! Ryan Fitzpatrick better not have his down week this week.

Also Flacco is a gargantuan of a man in person.

Hillis has 127 points for a reason, not becuase he is a "flex play". I offered you a completely even trade - Hillis has been consistent in scoring even with injury concerns, Shockey has too. Witten got almost all his points IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS and just lost his good quarterback. Hillis/Shockey for Marshall/Witten is even at this point in the season. The points are completely even, I just wanted to flip Marshall around to someone who would overrate him afterward. Hillis is better than EVERY PLAYER ON YOUR TEAM - the next time you want to be moronically belligerent, aim it at something worth aiming it at.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm inclined to agree that Hillis/Shockey for Marshall/Witten is about even in terms of points, but I'd still say the person receiving Marshall/Witten is getting the better deal. Romo going down, if anything, will help Witten's value since he'll be more of a security blanket. Marshall, though his yardage isn't stellar, has been consistently getting receptions and has much more upside. Hillis unfortunately has less potential to improve since he's already been performing at such a high level, so there's little upside compared to alot of downside. If I had been offered that trade I probably would have turned it down too, but it's a much better trade than some I've seen offered so meh. Really depends on each player's needs at the time. The person giving up Marshall and Witten might benefit from the trade if they have other good options at WR and badly need an RB. Witten can be reasonably replaced by some other tight end on the wire like Heath Miller or Brandon Pettigrew (especially with Stafford back), so there may be some legitimacy to the trade yet.

In other news, I offered to trade Drew Brees for Calvin Johnson (to a guy whose QBs are Brett Favre and Kevin Kolb), and he still rejected me. This I don't really understand, if I were in his QB situation I'd happily accept that trade.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hillis can only go down from here - the question for me is "is Hillis that much of an upgrade over Benson or Thomas Jones (the later of which has had good output lately)?" as compared to Marshall over the next WR on my bench, Braylon Edwards, who has probably already had his best outputs behind him.

If this wasn't a PPR League, then I probably would have looked at it, but Marshall is / has the potential to be studly in every game. As for Shockey, he has had 4 games where he has scored less than 7 points - Witten only 1, so clear downgrade there. Shockey got 33% of his points in 1 game.

Just going to drop it from here. It's trades, depends on team situation, and that trade was far from ideal for me even if most would perceive the trade as equal value.

@ Waterbomb, I would have made that trade.

I think that what you see is usually what you get in fantasy seasons by a midpoint. Obviously things can still change, but stuff is starting to get set in stone. Marshall gets tons of receptions, and also a very mediocre quarterback. Witten may be a security blanket, but he is going to have a much worse quarterback throwing and the touchdowns will fall.

I do not give a good god damn rat's ass that he turned it down, I care that he rejected it saying "I laughed". When the dickery starts flying, I am always going to react/escalate it. I am looking to make trades in all leagues to make things more interesting, my teams are all decent already. Being pettily rude in return is going to get me being pettily rude right back.

I was giving Shockey back for Witten; Shockey has been a better option more weeks than Witten has been a better option.

People really, really overrate Calvin Johnson - the dude is great, but he has had a lot of injury issues, and his quarterbacks crew has been very inconsistent. The guy should have at least countered, I can see that if he was also weak at WR, obviously maybe it would still not be worth it. Also OH NO 4 INTERCEPTION GAME... could have been the single reason he rejected, you never know.

I think my favorite so far was when I offered 5 players for 4 to a guy with problems trying to get Arian Foster, he marks Arian Foster as the dealbreaker, then he tries to counter chasing LeSean McCoy. Ummm?????

Anyway, /fantasy

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I do not give a good god damn rat's ass that he turned it down, I care that he rejected it saying "I laughed". When the dickery starts flying, I am always going to react/escalate it. I am looking to make trades in all leagues to make things more interesting, my teams are all decent already. Being pettily rude in return is going to get me being pettily rude right back.

Don't feel bad. I offered MoP Ben Roethlisberger in exchange for Megatron and he responded "fuck off". Yeah I understand the rejection as that trade would have slightly favored me (just slightly though, and maybe not at all if Ben continues to light it up).

Of course, he could also have just been really pissed at losing Romo for the season, and I picked a bad time to offer him a trade. Who knows.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
As for Shockey, he has had 4 games where he has scored less than 7 points - Witten only 1, so clear downgrade there. Shockey got 33% of his points in 1 game.
CaptKirby said:
I was giving Shockey back for Witten; Shockey has been a better option more weeks than Witten has been a better option.
Uhh I don't mind you trying to justify Hillis but when you say blatantly wrong things it gets a bit irritating.

I'll admit one thing though. Fantasy trades are a touchy subject because perception determines value in fantasy. People can be easily offended if you offer them what they consider a terrible trade, and likewise if someone is declined. My really innocent comment was just my first reaction as I do not perceive Hillis and Shockey as an upgrade over Marshall and Witten, that's all.

Hillis has 127 points for a reason, not becuase he is a "flex play". I offered you a completely even trade - Hillis has been consistent in scoring even with injury concerns, Shockey has too. Witten got almost all his points IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS and just lost his good quarterback. Hillis/Shockey for Marshall/Witten is even at this point in the season. The points are completely even, I just wanted to flip Marshall around to someone who would overrate him afterward. Hillis is better than EVERY PLAYER ON YOUR TEAM - the next time you want to be moronically belligerent, aim it at something worth aiming it at.
Id make a bet that Hillis finishes the season no where near the pace hes on now, fact right there

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
playing a dude that started five players on bye and one that's out.

can we bar kd24 from playing again if he's just going to idle in every league he joins? i don't think there's anything more frustrating in fantasy sports.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Kind of frustrating how every receiver I bench seems to play awesomely...goddamnit Sims-Walker!

Edit: I know now how people who start players with awesome scores on the bench feel (like Britt last week)...Sims-Walker 29 points, Breaston 24 points, Blount 24 points, Lewis 19 points. If only I started MSW, Lewis and Breaston and had Blount as my flex as I was considering....the beauty of hindsight, I should still hopefully have this depending on how well Mendy plays.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I really don't blame anyone for benching Sims-Walker, he's one of the most bipolar receivers out there. I don't think him blowing up on the bench sometimes ends up outweighing the times he lays an egg when you start him. Just like Garrard, it's impossible to predict when he's going to blow up, as opposed to just blow. I benched Green-Ellis this week in favor of Ronnie Brown and Ryan Torain, and he outscored them both combined by almost double. But that's normally a smart play when you're playing a tough run D like the Vikings. Can't really dwell too much on the times when you leave points on the bench. I had Kenny Britt benched last week, then I started him this week and he gets knocked out of the game in the first quarter. Oh well!

6-1, only loss is like 5 points in smogon league, "oh well"; I do actually (no "trying to act nonchalant here) enjoy that my team started 3-0 with miserable points, then has been pretty solid, 100 points a game minimum but usually better, and gone 1-4 xD; I enjoy a lot more that my auction teams are all 5-3, 6-2, or 5-2-1 more though :@

I will only be forced to LOL if I lose again this week... It'll be the biggest win difference in 2 smogon leagues since im 6-1 and in first in one league and 0-7 in another... By my luck with my 0-7 team Peyton and AJ will have season ending injuries to derail my 6-1 team

Got crushed the one week I really wanted to win, by a 1-6 team no less -_- On the bright side, I actually had the best possible lines (the only player I had benched that put up points was Brady and he had less than Orton), so at least I made the right call. Oddly enough, every other team tied with me is losing too, so we'll still have the same record (4-4) going into next week; only problem is Stallion and Masaki gain ground and we have a sixth team tied with us now.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Got crushed the one week I really wanted to win, by a 1-6 team no less -_- On the bright side, I actually had the best possible lines (the only player I had benched that put up points was Brady and he had less than Orton), so at least I made the right call. Oddly enough, every other team tied with me is losing too, so we'll still have the same record (4-4) going into next week; only problem is Stallion and Masaki gain ground and we have a sixth team tied with us now.
Lol I am 5th in points scored though (possibly 4th after this week) so its just a matter of time before the wins come in for me.

I'll be 2-6 with a positive Points Scored to Points Against Differential. I feel like the San Diego Chargers... just 2 games out of playoffs let's goooo

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i started mike sims walker on all my leagues i had him in, also i feel bad for lakers that I won over him on monday night football.....but like pokemon you cant control the "hax"

i started mike sims walker on all my leagues i had him in, also i feel bad for lakers that I won over him on monday night football.....but like pokemon you cant control the "hax"
lmao, im just hoping I play MS near the last week so he can only be my one win, since i'll have Vincent Jackson by then and a pretty nasty recieving core

Also I shoul'dve known I was doomed when week 1 I lost by 6 due to Megatron's TD getting called back, but on a positive im 7-1 and in first in league C in the most bi-polar turn of events, and I would be 8-0 if I started Matt Forte week 1 it appears, but oo well 7 game win streak and im playin the guy that cant spell vujacic

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lmao, im just hoping I play MS near the last week so he can only be my one win, since i'll have Vincent Jackson by then and a pretty nasty recieving core

Also I shoul'dve known I was doomed when week 1 I lost by 6 due to Megatron's TD getting called back, but on a positive im 7-1 and in first in league C in the most bi-polar turn of events, and I would be 8-0 if I started Matt Forte week 1 it appears, but oo well 7 game win streak and im playin the guy that cant spell vujacic
Colts and Chargers won't be resting their starters down the stretch, neither will the Steelers. Don't count on it barring injuries ;)

EDIT: I just looked at your team....you don't have an amazing team but it isnt actually bad, how in the fuck are you winless lmao

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Bah, Kenny Britt cost me a win in one league, but it was a poor week for my whole team so it's not unexpected. Been on a hot streak in my other leagues, so I've brought myself to 5-3, 6-2, 5-3, and 4-4. I should have beaten you in Week 6 Lakers, had it not been for Kevin "Empty Hands" Walter!

Lol I am 5th in points scored though (possibly 4th after this week) so its just a matter of time before the wins come in for me.

I'll be 2-6 with a positive Points Scored to Points Against Differential. I feel like the San Diego Chargers... just 2 games out of playoffs let's goooo
True, though as #2 in points scored that was a crappy week for me :/ Stupid injuries/byes. Oh well, Bradshaw and White are back, Addai may be back, and Collie shouldn't be out too long so I think I'll be fine.

Also, Ochocinco? More like Ochono-show -_-

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
up 30 with wayne v manning andre johnson and vinatieri i thought i was good to go 7-1 in league c...guess not lol. oh well 6-2 isn't bad and i'm swingin run dmc so things are looking good going forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)