Project OM Mashup Megathread

You should definitively check the post above

:Urshifu: Urshifu-Single-Strike is banned from Tradeabilities, :Alomomola: Wish and :Slither Wing: Stun Spore are now restricted

• Urshifu: Funny Bear +1 Choice Band Tera Dark Wicked Blow on a critical hit vs Tradeabilities: 108.7% - 156.9%, guaranteed OHKO, basically another busted crit spam machine, doesn´t have the Kingdra freedom to do so, but it doesn´t need it anyways because is also tresspassing protection, only way to check it is rely in Flame Body Burns, and Flame Body mons are not so good in the meta anyways
  • Wish: Recovering the damage inflicted after switching-in with no drawback? Checked. Heal almost for full the wallbreaker because you´re base HP is extremely high too, making the game almost unwinnable for the opponent with no effort? Checked. Wish is even harder to bypass than other recovery trademarks in various conditions because it ensures you that you´re not gonna stay on kill range after tanking a hit or even heal another mon almost entirely making all the progress made futile, all of this without burning a turn in using the move. Makes the game extremely low-paced and puts the opponent that doesn´t use it at a severe disadvantage always, so it´s restricted.
  • Stun Spore: It always hits because is a Trademark, Thunder Wave is already restricted, and the mons that enter to predict it can´t do much back to the user because both are Grass Type or the blocker is Grass and the user is Bug, meaning that only Overcoat mons (and not all of them) have and advantage in the scenario, and blocking it is extremely prediction reliant anyways, so it´s restricted

The code is gonna be updated as soon as possible, see ya around

Two post in a row? Must be important

:Slowking: Light Screen, :Corviknight: Reflect and :Poliwrath: Belly Drum are now restricted in Tradeabilities, :Mew: Mew enters the watchlist

• Reflect and Light Screen are one of the, if not the strongest trademarks. While not all team compositions are broken by the screens, some teams just become impossible to break through being so easy to set. While things like Iron Defense and Amnesia are buffs that only correspond to one mon, Reflect and Light Screen automatically increases the defenses of all the team members with no cost attached to it. Because the stacked nature of this meta, you often would find impossible a way to check Hazards, Boosters and Screens at the same time without sacrificing much. While Infiltrator mons are not bad, none of them can break the combined defenses of the mons that not only are behind Screens but also boosting his normal defenses even further. Also Defog has become less of an option because of how limited his distribution is and how most of his users prefer to have another move as their Trademark or also not having enough space in his normal moveset to fit, for example, Corviknight, the most prominent Defog user has to choose between using it or using Iron Defense, Bulk Up or Screens, and because there other ways to control hazards and also the fact that the Taunt users (Trademark or not) are not uncommon, you would normally don´t want to use Corviknight for deffoging because it would limit severely his capacities for other roles, and like that, there are others that are just too difficult to put in a team like Scizor, Scyther, Kleavor, Noivern, etc. So with that, is restricted.
  • Even with his one use nature, Belly Drum is still a move that boosts the user attack stat to +6, meaning that after a use, only Unaware mons (that are not that easy to fit because of how passive they normally are) can stop them. To make matters worse, the principal users (Cetitan, Poliwrath and Ursaluna) not only have ways to overcome his speeds problems (Slush Rush and Ice Shard, Swift Swim, Trick Room) they´re also capable to boost his damage even further (Sheer Force, Rain, Guts), even if not as ever present because of his 1 time use nature and the use of Haze, is something that needs to be highlighted that some teams can´t fit Haze and most that fit Haze are because the Belly Drum existence, also with Screens gone, there goes another method to try to stop the Drummers, so, with that, is restricted.
  • Mew has the combination of Imprison and Transform, meaning that it can outright anulate anything, specially if it´s slower than him, making it very restrictive to play against and unwinnable for some matchups, this, adding the fact that it is the mon with most moveset flexibility available, with tools for trapping, pivoting, phazing, setting hazards, etc. Meaning that if you don´t have a method to Taunt it, you are on the losing side since the start of the battle, so, it enters to the watchlist.

And that´s all for now. With the Belly Drum restriction however, :Azumarill: Azumarill enters the meta! Banned since the start due to the combination of Choice Band Huge Power Belly Drum Aqua Jet while being very hard to kill thanks to Thick Fat and Sap Sipper, Azumarill didn´t even get the chance to be tested, but because it now has to choose if Belly Drum or CB, the blue rabbit is more easy to stop, and also has nice utility tools that the meta would greatly appreciate. The code is gonna be updated as soon as possible, see ya!

Let´s get straight to the point.

I´m glad to welcome Yoru97 and Maestro de Hydreigon to the new Tradeabilities Council! In order to make more efficient decisions and bring the playerbase enough resources to play the tier more properly, they´re now gonna help me with it

About the actions we´re gonna do as a council for the time soon

• Discuss some of the previous decisions that I maked and fix them
  • Create new Sample Teams that are intuitive to play and can match well against the mayority of the meta
  • Discuss and create the Viability Rankings
I hope you will continue enoying the Tradeabilities Meta as much as I do. See you playing

Hi everyone, I'm back from my hiatus and ready to get Pokebilities AAA up and running again! As you may have heard, it will be one of the featured metagames in TPPVI, and I am hard at work to get the metagame jumpstarted and some resources published. In the meantime, here is a slate of long-overdue adjustments to the PokeAAA Metagame:

Arcanine-Hisui, Darkrai, Gouging Fire, Hawlucha, Kleavor, Meowscarada, Raging Bolt, Serperior, Toxic Debris, Triage, and Yanmega are now Banned! Iron Hands and Hariyama are Unbanned!
:arcanine-hisui: Thanks to Rock Head, Arc-H was able to spam its powerful STABs without consequence, and terrifying abilities like Sword of Ruin, Tinted Lens, and Desolate Land made those moves nearly impossible to switch in to.
:Darkrai: Banned in AAA
:Gouging Fire: Banned in AAA
:hawlucha: Having Unburden and Mold Breaker for free make it nearly impossible to deal with, regardless of what ability it is choosing to run.
:kleavor: Kleavor simply hits too hard thanks to innate Sheer Force + Sharpness, and can hit harder with abilities like Adaptability or Sword of Ruin
:meowscarada: Free Protean alongside its excellent coverage pushed it over the line. Meowscarada is the most blatant abuser of this mechanic, but the council is keeping an eye on Cinderace and Greninja
:raging bolt: Banned in AAA
:serperior: Innate Contrary allowed Serperior to pick and choose counters, as nothing can really counter the myriad of sets it used, whether offensive or defensive.
Abilities: Banned in AAA. Iron Hands and Hariyama were only banned due to their Triage sets, and have been freed now that Triage is not legal.
:yanmega: Innate Speed Boost + Tinted Lens allow Yanmega to get out of control far too quickly, without accounting for dangerous power boosts like SFLO or Beads of Ruin

The council is keeping a close eye on the metagame, and hope to have resources including a preliminary VR and sample teams shortly!

By the First Council Tiering Action of the meta of Tradeabilities it goes:

MEMBERS
Reflect
Light Screen
Mew
Belly Drum
Azumarill
adpg.2007BANUNBANBANUNBANBAN
Yoru97BANBANBANABSTAINABSTAIN
Maestro de HydreigonBANABSTAINBANUNBANBAN

:Slowbro-Galar: Belly Drum is unbanned, :Mew: Mew is banned, :Hatterene: Reflect and :Iron Moth: Light Screen stay banned and :Azumarill: Azumarill is banned again.

• Belly Drum, while powerful, is a very risky one use move, and most of the abusers depend on a field condition to function properly, being it what make it busted, also make them more risky to use, so, being a wild card that´s not easy to pull off, specially with the constant change in weather and dominance of hazers, it get´s unrestricted.
  • Azumarill ban is correlative to the Belly Drum unban: Is the only Belly Drum that can´t be reliably answered by Haze users, KOing the offensive one when is reduced to his Choice Band, and it can threaten most of the defensive ones for a 3HKO, even a 2HKO, so it get´s banned.
  • Reflect and Light Screen stay restricted due to his prevalence on slowing down extremely the pace of the games, making various matches unwinnable
  • Mew is banned because of how busted the combo of Imprison + Transform can be, existing very few forms to escape to this loop, forms that get nullified in the moment Mew traps his opponent with Whirlpool/Fire Spin, because of how restrictive it is to play against, it get banned

Well, those are the changes for know, the code is gonna be updated as soon as possible.

Last edited:
:sv/Dipplin: Godly Goobers Voting Slate 1:sv/Gurdurr:

NFE Uber Testing Results [Set 1]

ClasH4rutoTheIronPikachuKlawpVelcrocOutcome
DipplinAbstainDNBDNBDNBDNBStays Legal (0-4-1)
GurdurrAbstainDNBDNBDNBDNBStays Legal (0-4-1)
Qwilfish-HDNBAbstainDNBDNBDNBStays Legal (0-4-1)
UrsaringBANBANBANBANBANBanned (5-0-0)
VulpixDNBAbstainDNBDNBDNBStays Legal (0-4-1)

Other Voting

ClasH4rutoTheIronPikachuKlawpVelcrocOutcome
MunchlaxBANBANDNBDNBDNBNo Action (2-3-0)
SkrelpBANAbstainDNBDNBDNBNo Action (1-3-1)
Voltorb-HBANDNBDNBDNBDNBNo Action (1-4-0)
Swift SwimAbstainAbstainDNBDNBDNBNo Action (0-3-2)
Weather RocksDNBDNBBANBANAbstainNo Action (2-2-1)

The next 3 NFE Ubers being tested is going to be Primape, Duraludon, and Rhydon, and council's second slate and these 3 NFE Ubers will be decided in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Miss Crisis here! Thank you for the explosion of interest in PokeAAA! The council is working on samples at the moment, but thanks to the recent enthusiasm, we would like to enact two quick bans to help the metagame settle:
Azumarill :azumarill:: Wow, free Huge Power was broken! Who could have guessed?
Blaziken :blaziken:: Turns out, speed boost is kinda borked too.
Thank you for playing, we will try to get samples out by the end of next week!

Hi everyone, Miss Crisis here! Thank you for the explosion of interest in PokeAAA! The council is working on samples at the moment, but thanks to the recent enthusiasm, we would like to enact two quick bans to help the metagame settle:

Cool, but where's the Dozo at?

Azu ban kinda expected, but blaziken is barely being used? Speed Boost go brrrrrrr, but I have legit seen no one use it

Hey gang! After a long hiatus I am a part of the revival of Tier Shift AAA! Got invited to the council alongside adpg.alt and Advt, hoping we can do some good work with the meta :)

I'm very much a fan of the metagame. There are three elements that are of some concern to me at present, but even after much testing, results are inconclusive!

Before I talk about what I might like to see changed, for those who missed what has already changed, a recap is in order:
-No more Terastallization! A caustic presence within the tier that caused some dumb interactions that were not very fun to play. Some people disagreed, but ultimately there was a lot of support for this one.
-Abilities Triage, Gorilla Tactics, Ice Scales, and Fur Coat had to go as well. These are outliers in offensive and defensive play that can serve to make a format either sluggish or explosively fast in ways that are a toke too far for TSAAA as it stands right now.
-Sleep Moves Clause! I'm never getting Prankster Spore'd again.

So what currently stands out as potentially unhealthy?
1. Zacian-Crowned. If that came as a shock to you, you ought to take a look at our new tour code, because holy COW there are a lot of legal Ubers.
/tour new [Gen 9] Anything Goes,Elimination,,,[Gen 9] Tier Shift AAA
/tour rules Standard OMs,Tier Shift Mod,!Obtainable Abilities,Sleep Moves Clause,Ability Clause = 1,Terastal Clause,-Arena Trap,-Comatose,-Contrary,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,-Imposter,-Innards Out,-Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Parental Bond,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Speed Boost,-Triage,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Kings Rock,-Baton Pass,-Arceus-*,-Calyrex-Shadow,-Deoxys-Attack,-Eternatus,-Ho-Oh,-Koraidon,-Miraidon,-Necrozma-Dusk-Mane,-Pikachu,-Rayquaza,-Regigigas,-Slaking
/tour autostart 9
/tour autodq 7
Are all of these legal ubers good? nah dawg i'm never putting iron bundle or chi yu or espathra on my tsaaa team BUT there are a few standouts here. I mentioned Zac-C because I've now reaped several teams with it as a cleaner- and it isnt even maybe the scariest legal thing here?
I said at the top of this post that results are inconclusive and I stand by that because I didnt grab any replays worth sharing, the metagame is developing actively and also my anecdotal experience only accounts for a tiny fraction of the TSAAA experience, but that anecdotal experience shows it as maybe the best physical sweeper legal. Does its ability suck? Yeah, but who cares? Half the tier doesnt want anything to do with you and the rest struggle to kill you before you get a +3 behemoth blade to their noggin or cc or play rough or wild charge or really whatever

2. Magic Bounce. Again, no replays worth sharing here, but its usually an ugly presence in AAA metagames once they've started to settle into balance and stall structures. Part of what makes TSAAA currently enthralling to me is that attempting to make progress is rarely punished unless you're greedy- what constitutes "greedy" in a metagame where anything can run Magic Bounce feels exceptionally less clear and oftentimes arbitrary to me personally (again, an instance where more testing would be great). Sure, there are ways to get around MBounce but I feel like it's a matter of time until this ability has people frustrated (I already think it's dumb).

3. Actually there are more than three and the rest are going here :) I have concerns about certain pokemon and abilities being legal right now. Giratina is bulky and has a goated typing that can fit on so many teams, the fact that it isnt being used a ton shocks me. Deoxys hits extremely hard and moves pretty damn fast even in TS. Other people brought up Noivern, as it is useful in most matchups even when there are answers to its Boomburst (and is generally strong), also hey, I know it gives you an extra weakness to fire/takes your resistance to fire away, but Fluffy is pretty damn strong!

anyways thats my thing, here's a couple teams, love ya & buhbye
hoopa webs
zacian and umbreon are hanging out on this team and i think its cute

Well, in hopes to bring even more variety to the OMM´s, I present this new meta, already tested in the Room Tours a couple of times

:Electabuzz: :Magmar: THE GIFT OF YOUTH:Thwackey: :Torracat:

_ This is a Metagame that takes a curious spin on others in the way that is presented. ¿What if we make a meta that is an allegory about youth? That sounded dumb and cool at the same time I had to try it.

_ The Meta is based on the tier NFE, which means only not completely evolved mons are available, combined with Godly Gift, Skecthmons and is played at Level 20, making for a rather unique experience. Young pokemon making a team, following a leader and learning something new, discovering new ways to stand out while beeing themselves, truly a poetic way to think about it.

:Monferno: adpg.alt
:Boldore: aidan amoongus
*Looking for a last member

• Standard OMs
  • Not Fully Evolved
  • Sleep Moves Clause
  • Terastal Clause
  • Sketchmons Move Legality
  • Godly Gift Mod

• Not Fully Evolved: Also called NFE to abreviate, means that you can´t use Fully Evolved Pokemon
  • Sketchmons: Allows you to use one move outside of the Pokemon learnset, as long as it isn´t banned (can´t be used even by native learners) or restricted (can only be used by native learners)
  • Godly Gift: In this meta you cam have one restricted Pokemon denominated as 'God'. This God inherits one of his Base Stats to other team member depending on his position on the Team. Below is a table on how the stats are inherited
TEAM SLOTSTAT INHERITED
HP
Attack
Defense
Special Attack
Special Defense
Speed
  • Note: If you´re Team lacks a restricted Pokemon, the Pokemon in the first slot is gonna act as one

_ Pretty similar to Little Cup, but easier in the practice, at Level 20, the EV´s you had to apply to your stats for the first increase depends in the second digit of the stat, and after this, you add 20 for every point you´re adding. Below is a table that contains all the start EV´s per stat and all the posible EV´s ranges.
BASE STAT LAST DIGITNUMBER OF EV´s FOR FIRST INCREASERANGE OF EV´s
01616/36/56/76/96/116/136/156/176/196/216/236
51616/36/56/76/96/116/136/156/176/196/216/236
188/28/48/68/88/108/128/148/168/188/208/228/248
688/28/48/68/88/108/128/148/168/188/208/228/248
22020/40/60/80/100/120/140/160/180/200/220/240
72020/40/60/80/100/120/140/160/180/200/220/240
31212/32/52/72/92/112/132/152/172/192/212/232/252
81212/32/52/72/92/112/132/152/172/192/212/232/252
444/24/44/64/84/104/124/144/164/184/204/224/244
944/24/44/64/84/104/124/144/164/184/204/224/244

• :Bisharp: Bisharp
  • :Chansey: Chansey
  • :Duraludon: Duraludon
  • :Porygon2: Porygon2
  • :Rhydon: Rhydon
  • :Ursaring: Ursaring

• :Basculin-White-Striped: Basculin-White-Striped
  • :Combusken: Combusken
  • :Dipplin: Dipplin
  • :Dunsparce: Dunsparce
  • :Dusclops: Dusclops
  • :Electabuzz: Electabuzz
  • :Girafarig: Girafarig
  • :Gligar: Gligar
  • :Gurdurr: Gurdurr
  • :Haunter: Haunter
  • :Magmar: Magmar
  • :Magneton: Magneton
  • :Piloswine: Piloswine
  • :Primeape: Primeape
  • :Qwilfish-Hisui: Qwilfish-Hisui
  • :Scyther: Scyther
  • :Sneasel: :Sneasel-Hisui: Sneasel
  • :Stantler: Stantler

• :Vulpix: Vulpix

• :Houndstone: Last Respects

• :Calyrex-Shadow: Astral Barrage
  • :Snorlax: Belly Drum
  • :Toxtricity: Boomburst
  • :Samurott-Hisui: Ceaseless Edge
  • :Kommo-o: Clangorous Soul
  • :Sneasler: Dire Claw
  • :Dragonite: Extreme Speed
  • :Tinkaton: Gigaton Hammer
  • :Calyrex-Ice: Glacial Lance
  • :Veluza: Fillet Away
  • :Palafin: Jet Punch
  • :Espathra: Lumina Crash
  • :Falinks: No Retreat
  • :Volcarona: Quiver Dance
  • :Maushold: Population Bomb
  • :Annihilape: Rage Fist
  • :Pawmot: Revival Blessing
  • :Cloyster: Shell Smash
  • :Cyclizar: Shed Tail
  • :Revavroom: Shift Gear
  • :Kleavor: Stone Axe
  • :Urshifu: Surging Strikes
  • :Manaphy: Tail Glow
  • :Skeledirge: Torch Song
  • :Mew: Transform
  • :Decidueye-Hisui: Triple Arrows
  • :Victini: V-Create
  • :Lilligant-Hisui: Victory Dance
  • :Urshifu: Wicked Blow

• :Light Ball: Light Ball
  • :Light Clay: Light Clay

• :Marill: Huge Power
  • :Meditite: Pure Power

• :Quaquaval: Aqua Step (restrict)
  • :Drakloak: Drakloak (restrict)
  • :Braviary-Hisui: Esper Wing (restrict)

/tour new [Gen 9] NFE,Elimination,,,[Gen 9] The Gift Of Youth
/tour rules *Basculin-White-Striped, -Bisharp, -Chansey, *Combusken, *Dipplin, *Dunsparce, -Duraludon, *Dusclops, *Electabuzz, *Girafarig, *Gligar, *Gurdurr, *Haunter, *Magmar, *Magneton, *Piloswine, -Porygon2, *Primeape, *Qwilfish-Hisui, -Rhydon, *Scyther, *Sneasel, *Sneasel-Hisui, *Stantler, -Ursaring, +Vulpix-Base, *Astral Barrage, *Belly Drum, *Boomburst, *Ceaseless Edge, *Clangorous Soul, *Dire Claw, *Extreme Speed, *Gigaton Hammer, *Glacial Lance, *Fillet Away, *Jet Punch, -Last Respects, *Lumina Crash, *No Retreat, *Quiver Dance, *Population Bomb, *Rage Fist, *Revival Blessing, *Shell Smash, *Shed Tail, *Shift Gear, *Stone Axe, *Surging Strikes, *Tail Glow, *Torch Song, *Transform, *Triple Arrows, *V-Create, *Victory Dance, *Wicked Blow, -Light Ball, -Light Clay, -Huge Power, -Pure Power, Sketchmons Move Legality, Godly Gift Mod, Adjust Level = 20
/tour autostart 9
/tour autodq 7
/wall This is **NFE**, **Godly Gift** and **Sketchmons** at **Level 20**. Sample Teams and all the neccesary Teambuilding resources available here: **https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/om-mashup-megathread.3711916/post-10210728**

/challenge [Gen 9] NFE @@@ *Basculin-White-Striped, -Bisharp, -Chansey, *Combusken, *Dipplin, *Dunsparce, -Duraludon, *Dusclops, *Electabuzz, *Girafarig, *Gligar, *Gurdurr, *Haunter, *Magmar, *Magneton, *Piloswine, -Porygon2, *Primeape, *Qwilfish-Hisui, -Rhydon, *Scyther, *Sneasel, *Sneasel-Hisui, *Stantler, -Ursaring, +Vulpix-Base, *Astral Barrage, *Belly Drum, *Boomburst, *Ceaseless Edge, *Clangorous Soul, *Dire Claw, *Extreme Speed, *Gigaton Hammer, *Glacial Lance, *Fillet Away, *Jet Punch, -Last Respects, *Lumina Crash, *No Retreat, *Quiver Dance, *Population Bomb, *Rage Fist, *Revival Blessing, *Shell Smash, *Shed Tail, *Shift Gear, *Stone Axe, *Surging Strikes, *Tail Glow, *Torch Song, *Transform, *Triple Arrows, *V-Create, *Victory Dance, *Wicked Blow, -Light Ball, *Light Clay, -Huge Power, -Pure Power, Sketchmons Move Legality, Godly Gift Mod, Adjust Level = 20

:Kubfu: :Drakloak: :Misdreavus: :Scyther: :Quaxwell: :Gastly:Triple Ghost Webs
:Gimmighoul: :Vigoroth: :Duosion: :Sneasel: :Gabite: :Vulpix-Alola: Sneasel Veil HO
:Vulpix: :Nuzleaf: :Magmar: :Ivysaur: :Vullaby: :Charmeleon: Dual Type Spam Sun
:Brionne: :Drakloak: :Stantler: :Servine: :Crocalor: :Fraxure:Servine BO

Last edited:
THE GIFT OF YOUTH UPDATE

After and unanimous vote, :Ursaring: Ursaring is banned. Making the meta go around him, Ursaring presents himself as a problem with his ability to give 130 Attack while not being lacking on any of the other stats either. It also does absurd damage with his Boosted Facade, can be unwallable with Guts or fast with Quick Feet, and has a wide variety of moves it can use. With that in mind, it's now banned

Last edited:
TSAAA announcement, my friends!

Council unanimously voted to ban both :scream-tail::deoxys-defense: Magic Bounce :wigglytuff::pecharunt: and :regirock::snorlax: Poison Heal! :florges::drifblim:
But also a quickban on Stakeout because somebody snuck that in there and it has no business in this format!

/tour rules Standard OMs,Tier Shift Mod,!Obtainable Abilities,Sleep Moves Clause,Ability Clause = 1,Terastal Clause,-Arena Trap,-Comatose,-Contrary,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,-Imposter,-Innards Out,-Magic Bounce, -Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Parental Bond,-Poison Heal,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Speed Boost,-Stakeout,-Triage,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Kings Rock,-Baton Pass,-Arceus-*,-Calyrex-Shadow,-Deoxys-Attack,-Eternatus,-Ho-Oh,-Koraidon,-Miraidon,-Necrozma-Dusk-Mane,-Pikachu,-Rayquaza,-Regigigas,-Slaking
/tour autostart 9
/tour autodq 7
/challenge [Gen 9] Anything Goes @@@Standard OMs,Tier Shift Mod,!Obtainable Abilities,Sleep Moves Clause,Ability Clause = 1,Terastal Clause,-Arena Trap,-Comatose,-Contrary,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,-Imposter,-Innards Out,-Magic Bounce, -Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Parental Bond,-Poison Heal,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Speed Boost,-Stakeout,-Triage,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Kings Rock,-Baton Pass,-Arceus-*,-Calyrex-Shadow,-Deoxys-Attack,-Eternatus,-Ho-Oh,-Koraidon,-Miraidon,-Necrozma-Dusk-Mane,-Pikachu,-Rayquaza,-Regigigas,-Slaking

A mourning to the teams that eat casualties to this banlist. Here are a few of mine that got hit, as a send off:
funny stall stall, here's a deeply funny stall vs stall replay
mbounce pecharunt :D bo

THE GIFT OF YOUTH UPDATE

Another unanimous decision, :Girafarig: Girafarig is now restricted. Being the receptor with highest BST available already maked it strong, but the difference between Girafarig and other NFE Psychic Types are his Normal Type, that grants him a Ghost Inmunity and a great neutral STAB, having high Attack and Special Attack, allowing it to go physical, special or mixed, access to Nasty Plot, being naturally fast while having a decent bulk and, unlike most of the other Psychic Types, coverage for Dark Types in things like Dazzling Gleam and even Earthquake for hitting Steel Types. This allows him to run the move Esper Wing freely, which allows him to sweep teams with ease, his abilities, while not too extraordinary, were pretty useful too, granting him an inmunity to flinch and Intimidate (Inner Focus) and a Grass Type Inmunity while boosting his attack (Sap Sipper). So, with this stated, Girafarig is restricted. Esper Wing, while strong, isn´t as slappable in other Psychic Types in the tier due to his lack of moves for hitting Dark and Steel Types consistently and Psychic isn´t too great of a coverage, for that, It didn´t get restricted in this second course of action.

Last edited:
THE GIFT OF YOUTH UPDATE

After another succesfully ended room tour, and for unanimous decision, :Combusken: Combusken is now restricted and the :Light Clay: Light Clay is now banned. The meta has been running around these 2 factors. The Screens lasting as long as 8 turns has become really problematic, specially in a meta as fast-paced and not-so bulky like this, because it makes the setup sweepers have a lot of free setup turns to make them almost unstoppable once in the field. Combusken is an example of this, specially because Speed Boost, having more free turns to setup make it extremely hard to stop, and because his attacking stats are decent enough, it can be on the HP or Defenses Slots to guarantee more durability. However, Combusken has been already tested outside of screens, still being almost as effective, resisting some of the most common priority moves in Ice Shard and Sucker Punch and with the Skecthmons move it can do whatever he wants: are you annoyed because Crocalor walls you? Headlong Rush eliminates this problem. You think it lacks survivability? It can choose STAB Bitter Blade to not only have a good source of damage, but also reliable recovery. You want to make him a Special Attacker? Sure, choose Nasty Plot and make the counterplay your opponent has for the usual Combusken useless. However, because his stats are not as magnificent in this slot, it can be more balanced as a God, where the BST normally have more value than the ability itself.

Last edited:
Anotha one!

I've got a bunch of teams and Pokemon to talk about in TSAAA. Since there's stark little on the forums right now as far as TSAAA resources goes, this will also showcase a lot of mons that are old hat for people playing it actively.

Tested! These ones are stress tested and are good for me when i pick them in tours and in friendlies. They should work for you as well provided you pilot them good!

:delphox::dodrio::jolteon::urshifu::giratina::chansey:snipeshifu and dodrio visit you! (birthday cake included)
chansey gira handles a ton of the metagame and the rest of the team is solid offensive threats that have a good matchup spread imo
:zacian-crowned::umbreon::coalossal::electrode-hisui::noivern::swampert: zacian and umbreon
umbreon does a ton of work, trode+noivern is really solid and zac hits like everything else, coal+pert feels pretty good into a lot of hazard cores. probably a high floor for performance but might also have a relatively low ceiling on its capacity against good players idk. definitely beats the hell out of some cheesy offenses though
:hoopa::spidops::jolteon::salazzle::zapdos-galar::haxorus: sheer force hoopa webs (haxorus will steal your birthday cake so eat it fast)
hoopa reaches ungodly amounts of spatk in tsaaa but has a pretty bad speed tier, spidops is probably the best webs setter. hilarity ensues (dont let up the pace on this one. might age very poorly because this was one of my first teams i built, but i got clobbered by somebody using it recently so it might still have legs.)

Untested/Unrefined! These teams are mostly undertested, untested or unrefined and likely have huge issues that need addressing. If you see some blatant flaws, feel free to correct them either in your builder or by yelling at me here in the megathread :)

https://pokepast.es/3981a19956905833 :infernape::goodra::rhydon::staraptor::scream-tail::jolteon: team kinda stinks and i'm unsure how to fix. orichalcum pulse is apparently broken but this team doesnt do a good job showing. raptor probably wants cc > quatk. scream tail probably not correct for team but rhydon wants wish support. goodra actually kinda tight with a physical attacking set, gets a lot of nice 2hkos

https://pokepast.es/0299d8e85db7e697 :munkidori::coalossal::barraskewda::goodra-hisui::electrode-hisui::noivern:
My attempt at a Munki squad. It's one of the best Sheer Force + Life Orb users in the tier but I don't know that this type of squad is what it wants. It might be a good fit for webs as well. Hisuian Goodra is interesting but I think I like base form better for a variety of reasons
https://pokepast.es/4649ffeca7ba0472 :goodra::zacian-crowned::pawmot::gengar::coalossal::lilligant:
Revival Blessing not banned...yet. We'll see. I built this around specs regen goo at the behest of somebody in the room who wanted to see somebody use it and it went astonishingly well. Gengar is actually on some king shit in this format as well much to my surprise, I thought it'd be outperformed by other ghosts (its speed tier isnt as crazy here) but nah its still very much doing Gengar things. Hell yeah.
https://pokepast.es/a447144fe1e10eb3 :lucario::rabsca::gengar::electivire::zacian::kleavor:
Similar logic to last team, Revival Blessing Rabsca is supporting a variety of weird and cool threats here. Kleavor kinda mid but I think it works here. Lucario continues to disappoint but, damnit, I want it to work!
https://pokepast.es/d9ab36801a3be73e :barraskewda::electrode-hisui::zacian-crowned::giratina::umbreon::coalossal:
more adventures with umbreon and zac-c except this team HAS been tested and its absolutely terrible. Regen Coal might work in the hands of players who are smarter than I, so if it looks interesting give it a go lol this team is probably not the place for it though
https://pokepast.es/af24b27b48e34971 :avalugg::swampert::noivern::chesnaught::pecharunt::jolteon:
I've criminally underused Avalugg in my builds and I think that might stick around as the case for a while because I just apparently dont know what I'm doing with it but this is probably the best i've built around the table. somebody i saw was using it alongside chesnaught and i thought that was a killer idea but i'd want to redo the structure lol this doesnt seem good. havent tested though
https://pokepast.es/318d8ec38fac7ef6 :zacian-crowned::delphox::coalossal::honchkrow::emboar::electrode-hisui: an attempt i made at psysurge+sun offense before I knew opulse was legal- i have a weird fascination with tar shot btw so you might see that on a lot of my coal sets lol
:tentacruel::lanturn::swampert::milotic: Tentacruel, Lanturn, Milotic and Swampert are the best regenerator waters of the format to my knowledge. There are other niche options that have specific use cases, but imo these are where it's at. Milo is uber fat, Swampert has a typing that allows it to check things like Jolteon better, but Lanturn is great into Noivern, who is a defining pokemon of the tier imo

:empoleon: Has access to roost and a better type profile for running immunity abilities like Earth Eater or Volt Absorb (doesn't need AV to survive Aerilate boombursts, you know?) but is imo still probably the worst defensive water on its face

:gastrodon: Gets a shoutout as well but I've undertested cause its underwhelmed me

:jolteon::electrode-hisui::kilowattrel: The number of Electrics that are actually relevant is low, too. Kilo is the least used but has uturn and a ground immunity, whereas the other two both hit hard and have great options vs Ground types.

:toxtricity: has really fascinated me as a boomburster that can threaten multiple good types with its ability

:electivire: is on one of my teams in the dump as a bulk up galvanize quick attacker that is hilarious but loses hard to something like torterra lol

:coalossal: is my favorite hazard setter by far. has spin natively, water absorb makes it a pain in the ass to get through and always just existing makes it hard to click water moves since flip turn is suddenly very exploitable. it can even run sr AND spikes if you're an asshole, plus it has the flexibility of maybe being body press or a physical set

:infernape::tauros-paldea-blaze: or really any physical fire attacker and orichalcum pulse. I'm not positive this is as broken as people have been construing it is but a lot of the teams I build include natively ways to deal with it, so maybe I'm not understanding how constraining it is because I simply build in a way that doesnt get naturally pressured by it.
Or maybe yall just build bad teams idk lol i just dont see it as banworthy rn

:pawmot::rabsca: Revival Blessing might be banworthy. certainly seems better than orichalcum pulse to me rn but i'm not super convinced yet, please prove me wrong (other council members disagree w me on this so i'm willing to be wrong)

:zacian::zacian-crowned: both of these are good. Zac-C is maybe bannably good. That's all i have on these guys

:dodrio::staraptor: i super undervalued Dodrio at the start of the tier but its strong af and pretty cool, thanks we up dos for using it until i got wise to it and stole your whole shit
raptor is for teams that want to exploit its uturn and natural rocks immunity to bait poor switches from opponent + works best on squads that dont care about the slower speed tier (maybe even run adamant)
if u need the raw speed and breaking power dodrio has swords dance tho

:giratina: really good and what i turn to for a massive wall of stats. no reliable recovery leaves this as a regenerator mon that has access to wisp and a truly massive amount of natural bulk. i like it a lot

suddenly really tired so i'm gonna stop typing now :) hope to see yall in tsaaa tours soon!

Last edited:
:sv/Munchlax: Godly Goobers Voting Slate 1.5:sv/Voltorb-Hisui:
Clas
H4ruto
TheIronPikachu
Klawp
Velcroc
Outcome
Munchlax​
BAN​
BAN​
Abstain​
BAN​
Abstain​
Restricted (3-0-2)​
Skrelp​
BAN​
Abstain​
DNB​
DNB​
Abstain​
No Action (1-2-2)​
Voltorb-H​
BAN​
BAN​
DNB​
DNB​
BAN​
Restricted (3-2-0)​
Swift Swim​
DNB​
Abstain​
DNB​
DNB​
Abstain​
No Action (0-3-2)​
Weather Rocks​
DNB​
Abstain​
BAN​
BAN​
Abstain​
No Action (2-1-2)​
Tandemaus​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
Abstain​
BAN​
Banned (3-0-2)​

In about 2 weeks the testing period for Primeape and Rhydon will be ending, but until then there shouldn't be any announcements for Goobers. After Primeape and Rhydon, Magneton and Porygon2 will enter testing, after which council will be working on getting resources out.

Last edited:
Since Best Gal is a been a bit busy, I´m handling the announcement myself

TSAAA New Voting Slate!

COUNCIL MEMBERSORICHALCUM PULSEREVIVAL BLESSINGHOOPA-UNBOUND
Best Gal
Ban
Ban
Ban
adpg.2007
Ban
Ban
Ban
Advt
Ban
Ban
Abstain

Results: Orichalcum Pulse is BANNED (3-0-0), Revival Blessing is BANNED (3-0-0), Hoopa-Unbound is BANNED (2-0-1)

Although we were a bit sceptical at the start, Orichalcum Pulse demonstrated how broken of an ability it is, inhabiliting all forms of defensive counterplay by 3HKOing, 2HKOing or OHKOing even bulky resists, for example, Banded Arcanine 3HKO Max HP, Max Physical Defense Giratina with Flare Blitz, one of the most sturdiest defensive mons ever.

About Revival Blessing, it was not deemed directly as broken, but as an unnecesary an uncompetitive move, by reviving a mon that the opponent has already spent his counterplay make games unfun to play because a lot of the progress made is just get´s reseted, making the other team unable to win in most of the time

Hoopa-Unbound was a force to be reckoned: althought slow, it is insanely strong in both the Physical and Special spectrum, making him impossible to answer with his unpredictability: Mixed PsySurge sets, Special SFLO sets and Physical Hustle sets (Hyperspace Fury can´t miss) we´re all viable options and with the right support is not possible to answer defensively, and offensively the mons struggled in getting in the field in the first place, and with that they also need to fear the defensive support behind Hoopa.

/tour rules Standard OMs,Tier Shift Mod,!Obtainable Abilities,Sleep Moves Clause,Ability Clause = 1,Terastal Clause,-Arena Trap,-Comatose,-Contrary,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,-Imposter,-Innards Out,-Magic Bounce, -Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Orichalcum Pulse,-Parental Bond,-Poison Heal,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Speed Boost,-Stakeout,-Triage,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Kings Rock,-Baton Pass,-Revival Blessing,-Arceus-*,-Calyrex-Shadow,-Deoxys-Attack,-Eternatus,-Ho-Oh,-Hoopa-Unbound,-Koraidon,-Miraidon,-Necrozma-Dusk-Mane,-Pikachu,-Rayquaza,-Regigigas,-Slaking
/tour autostart 9
/tour autodq 7

/challenge [Gen 9] Anything Goes @@@ Standard OMs,Tier Shift Mod,!Obtainable Abilities,Sleep Moves Clause,Ability Clause = 1,Terastal Clause,-Arena Trap,-Comatose,-Contrary,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,-Imposter,-Innards Out,-Magic Bounce, -Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Orichalcum Pulse,-Parental Bond,-Poison Heal,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Speed Boost,-Stakeout,-Triage,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Kings Rock,-Baton Pass,-Revival Blessing,-Arceus-*,-Calyrex-Shadow,-Deoxys-Attack,-Eternatus,-Ho-Oh,-Hoopa-Unbound,-Koraidon,-Miraidon,-Necrozma-Dusk-Mane,-Pikachu,-Rayquaza,-Regigigas,-Slaking

Just because I find funny the end notes of Gal, here is the best version of my team that make took the rough work on serving in searching proof for the banhammer: :Emboar: :Hoopa-Unbound: :Dudunsparce-Three-Segment: :Chansey: :Giratina: :Electrode-Hisui:. basically a Para-Spam focused in making everything slow with four mons, so Emboar or Hoopa-Unbound could sweep. I was extremely hated and got the hardest cteaming of my life by using this so you better appreciate that ;-; (It didn´t have to be a ParaSpam but I just didn´t know what to make at that moment and I like Emboar)

Flutter Mane has been Unbanned in STABmons Ubers.
1723147927186.png
Neon
Velcroc
Jessky
Unban​
Unban​
Abstain​

Flutter Mane was initially banned as a cautionary during the very early stages of STABmons Ubers. Mostly due to harkening back to Calyrex Shadow Rider in many ways, with concerns that between its sheer speed, Tera and its addition in STAB moves that do actual damage it would be too strong to allow the metagame to find its footing early on with its existence. However, many advancements in the metagame have come about that make Flutter Mane far more reasonable. Specifically Terapagos being significantly better than ever anticipated, as well as Eternatus and Ho-Oh being able to slow it down quite comfortably, with the metagame winding down, and having figured out what works and what doesn't, now is a better time than ever to give Flutter Mane a proper test.
However, the bigger reason for its unban is its likelihood to be a healthy presence in the tier. Flutter Mane is likely to be a great anti-offense tool, and stop Pokemon that otherwise easily get out of hand due to the lower speeds found in the metagame relative to base Ubers like Eternatus, Ogerpon Hearthflame, Mewtwo, Garchomp, and Palkia Origin, who at the moment are offensively oppressive forces for their sheer advantage in speed over the rest of the metagame making combating them beyond pure defensive answers (which are not always readily available or easy to fit.) highly difficult.
With all that said, Flutter Mane will still be being monitored very closely for the time being, and will hopefully continue to stabilize the tier with its anti-offense capabilities rather than break it all over again.​

Last edited:
meow ^_^

:3catLordBoxKinetic
SlakingBANBANBAN

Slaking has been banned from AAA Ubers! With an absurd statspread, STAB Facade which went hand in hand with Poison Heal, and Bulk Up to make it even harder to take down while making it harder to switch into, Slaking has proven to be banworthy and overcentralizing in both games and discussion.

:sv/aipom:Aipom is restricted and Cutiefly is banned from LC MnM!:sv/cutiefly:
:aipom:
====
Aipom was Buizel but better in every way, having 0 counters as it had two main sets in Metagrossite and Lopunnite that shared no counters while it outsped nearly the entire meta. Teams would often have to rely on Choice Scarf users to effectively pressure Aipom, but due to its high bulk it could often trade with them and enable teammates to clean up the game, while Alolan Sandshrew was unable to switch in because of Brick Break and Fire Punch and Ghost-types like Greavard and Misdreavus were fodder for Knock Off and Lopunnite Double-Edge. Double-Edge was really the breaking point, though, as it 2HKOed quite literally every Pokemon including the two most physically bulky in Hisuian Qwilfish and Gligar, and against frailer Pokemon it didn't even give them chances to get an attack off before OHKOing. Pairing these factors with U-turn made Aipom impossible to answer, and as such resulted in its restriction. This is the metagame's most warping discovery yet, and we pray something like that doesn't get found in TPP ;-;

:cutiefly:
====
Cutiefly was banned because of Sticky Web and it pressuring every single hazard control Pokemon in the metagame, and while we know Eviolite would be slightly weaker it would overall not be enough to keep the bee in control. Sticky Web from Cutiefly enabled the meta's best attackers like Red Orb Wattrel, Scizorite Alolan Sandshrew, and Swords Dance Hisuian Qwilfish without any prior setup needed in the form of chip, paralysis etc, and was extremely easy to set up with Cutiefly. Cutiefly got the hammer over Sticky Web, though, as we have seen Sticky Web in action from worse Pokemon like Dewpider, Surskit, and Spinarak to little success compared to Cutiefly's metagame domination.

There was no council vote this time as the council agreed that these should go unanimously. We believe the metagame is in a healthy position currently, but are still on the lookout for any potential metagame issues that may arise. We are close to getting some major resources up, though, so stay tuned for those!

Back