Mario Kart Wii

bikes or karts - there's bound to be tricks somewhere.

I don't want to turn this thread into a snaking debate, but the races were actually a lot more intense with it actually.

You are so wrong it's not funny. Snaking really added a whole level to the game that isn't there in non snake racing. mario kart ds was like snaking on roids which is what made it so intense, there is a huge gap in the times of someone who doesn't snake, someone who's decent at snaking and someone who's great at it. the discovery of prb just made mkds time trials deeper and more enjoyable.

that's not to say non snake isn't fun. personally i am pretty skilled at snaking and still enjoy non snake races quite a bit.

I'm upset that they clumped SMK and MKSC tracks together. there is a total of 4 retro smk/mksc tracks, 4 mk64 tracks, 4 mkds and 4 mkdd tracks. i think that the redone smk and mksc tracks are much better than redone mkdd or mkds tracks simply because they are older and the redone levels are much more interesting.

edit: as of now bikes seem to be completely dominating time trials. apparently the fastest character is Funky kong. most of the wrs I see are with funky kong on a bike, but I have seen 2 with funky kong in a kart and a few with rosalina on a bike.

You are so wrong it's not funny. Snaking really added a whole level to the game that isn't there in non snake racing. mario kart ds was like snaking on roids which is what made it so intense, there is a huge gap in the times of someone who doesn't snake, someone who's decent at snaking and someone who's great at it. the discovery of prb just made mkds time trials deeper and more enjoyable.

that's not to say non snake isn't fun. personally i am pretty skilled at snaking and still enjoy non snake races quite a bit.

I'm upset that they clumped SMK and MKSC tracks together. there is a total of 4 retro smk/mksc tracks, 4 mk64 tracks, 4 mkds and 4 mkdd tracks. i think that the redone smk and mksc tracks are much better than redone mkdd or mkds tracks simply because they are older and the redone levels are much more interesting.

edit: as of now bikes seem to be completely dominating time trials. apparently the fastest character is Funky kong. most of the wrs I see are with funky kong on a bike, but I have seen 2 with funky kong in a kart and a few with rosalina on a bike.
Why am I wrong? Snaking is intense but doesn't need skill (you think snaking is hard? xD)

Bikes are dominating because they can boost, DUH! Funky kong isn't better than, let's say, rosalina, he's just cool.

I dunno, having to adapt to snakers was not much fun at all for MKDS. I never liked it, and it kinda threw out the use of items, and "whoever uses the Dry Bomber" was gonna win over those that did not. I wanted the game to be snake free as soon as it happened.

I dunno, having to adapt to snakers was not much fun at all for MKDS. I never liked it, and it kinda threw out the use of items, and "whoever uses the Dry Bomber" was gonna win over those that did not. I wanted the game to be snake free as soon as it happened.
That or egg #1. Well going to sleep now, PM me for a game or questions.

Online mode is pretty huge step forward for Nintendo's standards. Didn't experience any lag at all yet. No random DCs like back in Strikers and opponent search doesn't take all that long. Gotta love those pre-defined messages in friend rooms!
I love some of the newer track designs, especially the tracks of Star Cup. Battle mode however, becomes pretty boring with fewer players in my opinion.

Also, Dak seems to be pretty unlucky in this game!

I played tonight with a Light Kart against a Heavy Bike.
On long stretches it just couldn't compete.

Online mode is absolutely excellent. My only complaint would be lack of proper messaging. The web browser accepts a keyboard, why not the games?

Why am I wrong? Snaking is intense but doesn't need skill (you think snaking is hard? xD)

Bikes are dominating because they can boost, DUH! Funky kong isn't better than, let's say, rosalina, he's just cool.

snaking isn't hard. snaking well, fast enough to prb, or even at the level of the world record holders is very difficult because it takes a long time to learn to do. saying snaking doesn't need skill is an incredibly stupid statement.

if it doesn't take skill, try to do this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M9tb3BRUi8w Banshee boardwalk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C0w_3wAnJP8 mushroom bridge, choco island 2 later in the video (ci2 is much more impressive)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fWz4dUpfr64 sky garden, probably most difficult level in the game

Where are you guys winding WR listings? Could someone link there?
Also characters don't have stats, the karts do. Theirs no difference between funky kong and rosalina riding on the same kart.

Also I just unlocked loads more stuff from getting loadsa expert time trials unlocked as well as grand prixs, and I love the mii, expecially in the twinkle star. I've even grown on the "Yeah!" and "GO! GO! GO!"

If I still played Mario Kart DS I'd have been quite willing to take you on to prove you wrong. Doubt you would be able to outsnake me on Rainbow Road or some of the other hard tracks if you think it requires no skill.

Karts were never balanced. They've been unbalanced since MK64. No snaking actually killed a lot of my hype for MKWii. But you guys are saying doing wheelies or something can help you get boosts too? I'll pick the game up eventually.

If I still played Mario Kart DS I'd have been quite willing to take you on to prove you wrong. Doubt you would be able to outsnake me on Rainbow Road or some of the other hard tracks if you think it requires no skill.

Karts were never balanced. They've been unbalanced since MK64. No snaking actually killed a lot of my hype for MKWii. But you guys are saying doing wheelies or something can help you get boosts too? I'll pick the game up eventually.
xD, I can snake and still own friends that have been doing it since the release. Btw other guy with the vids: can you do that? He's been practicing for ages and second I'm not used to that kart :P

Karts were balanced before MK64, you just said so >.>

Why don't wait 'till you've got MKW before telling me what's harder.

yes I can do everything in those videos. not as fast b/c im out of practice but I can prb every course and play difficult tracks with the bls

Where are you guys winding WR listings? Could someone link there?
www.mariokart64.com
Is the site for competitive Mario Kart time trials. They'll have a MK Wii section soon.

The MKDS WR page is here:
http://www.geocities.com/mkdswrs/mkdswrs.htm

Anyways I pre-ordered this game yesterday. So far this game seems very simplistic. I can't see much competitive depth in this game, unlike MKDS. I'm still really looking forward to playing it though :D

Well excluding ties, only one person can have a world record. Not having a world record doesn't mean you can't do something well.

It's a shame if Bikes really are better than Karts. This is Mario KART man, not Mario Bike. :[

your statement doesn't make any sense. i can perform all the techniques in the video and drive the same lines as the wr holders can. not going has fast has nothing to do with my ability to race just like they do! as to saying that I 'never could because i dont have the wr', that doesn't make any sense either because holding a world record is irrelevant to having the ability to perform the techniques.

no, i do not have mkw because i live in america as opposed to the netherlands.

Well excluding ties, only one person can have a world record. Not having a world record doesn't mean you can't do something well.

It's a shame if Bikes really are better than Karts. This is Mario KART man, not Mario Bike. :[
They're not better, I just think they're better because they're quicker. And he said he could do everything in that vid, so if he can't do that WR, he can't, period.

your statement doesn't make any sense. i can perform all the techniques in the video and drive the same lines as the wr holders can. not going has fast has nothing to do with my ability to race just like they do! as to saying that I 'never could because i dont have the wr', that doesn't make any sense either because holding a world record is irrelevant to having the ability to perform the techniques.

no, i do not have mkw because i live in america as opposed to the netherlands.
1: Who said I was talking about the techniques? I was talking about the WR >.>
2: You can't compare anything you know about MKDS to MKW, so what are you actually talking about?

1: Who said I was talking about the techniques? I was talking about the WR >.>
2: You can't compare anything you know about MKDS to MKW, so what are you actually talking about?

1. when I said i can do everything in that video i was talking about the techniques. i explicitly stated that I cannot perform that exact world record because i have not played the game as extensively as the wr holders. i dont know why exactly the speed at which i miniturbo is more important to you than being able to perform the advanced techniques that i was originally talking about.

2. i wasn't TRYING to compare anything I know about mkds to mkw. i was clearly responding to

1. when I said i can do everything in that video i was talking about the techniques. i explicitly stated that I cannot perform that exact world record because i have not played the game as extensively as the wr holders. i dont know why exactly the speed at which i miniturbo is more important to you than being able to perform the advanced techniques that i was originally talking about.

2. i wasn't TRYING to compare anything I know about mkds to mkw. i was clearly responding to
Yes, and I was talking about snaking, not doing a WR.

1: I wasn't. And I'm sure you can't drive that WR even if you trained.

2: Isn't this an MKW thread?

i am sure that if i played enough that i could drive a world record. and yes this is a mario kart wii thread, but I was responding to something you said about mario kart ds. i don't really see the point in bringing that up!

Back