BH Balanced Hackmons Resources Thread

:chansey: S -> REWORKED

Let's bring back the Impostor VR from Gen 8.

S rank
:chansey: @ Eviolite

A rank
:chansey: / :blissey: @ Covert Cloak

B rank
:chansey: / :blissey: @ Spooky Plate
:chansey: / :blissey: @ Heavy-Duty Boots

C rank
:chansey: / :blissey: @ Choice Scarf
:chansey: / :blissey: @ Shed Shell
:pikachu: @ Light Ball

theres problably other viable imp options i missed
What do choice scarf and shed shell do for imposter
Scarf rarely gets any important speed jumps that smth like eviolite couldn’t tank and the choice lock is really bad
Shed shell is worse covert because the good trapping moves are all secondary (spirit shackle that is)

What do choice scarf and shed shell do for imposter
Scarf rarely gets any important speed jumps that smth like eviolite couldn’t tank and the choice lock is really bad
Shed shell is worse covert because the good trapping moves are all secondary (spirit shackle that is)
shed shell also lets you farm block imposter and meloetta (and that one blissey set akira ran with mean look)
but yeah i agree its just worse covert for most purposes, D tier

Noms (maybe some short explanations cause this is a bit long so if u do want maybe a more longer explanation could try asking me in omcord)
:Lucario-Mega: --> B+ (in the current vr, probably above celesteela but a lot of stuff will be changed when vr updates tbf) (Tough Claws, Magic Guard, Adaptability)
Been using this Pokemon a lot recently and its fairly decent into the current meta's usual fc mons, Mixed sets allow it to completely destroy stuff like fc celesteela, audino, fairyceus, and more importantly mega slowbro cause Band cant breakthrough that, stuff that usually walls this pokemon are like Fc Ghostceus (for band sets), Miraidon (for mixed sets, but this things usage is pretty low nowadays so maybe not that good of a example) and fc mega slowbro (for band), anyways recently akira did show me the real heat band mega luc set of adapt and i think it does deserve a mention as 3rd in choice, while using adapt does force u to not run coverage like bolt strike, being able to run Gigaton hammer instead is a good enough replacement and adapt is techinically stronger (0.03% iirc) than tclaws by a little bit, allowinf it to dent stuff like ghostceus and its checks more while being able to run like volt switch as 4th move option to pivot out from checks or even edrift to dissaude its checks like celesteela and fc slowbro (the latter of these moves is more uncommon)

:Greninja-ash: --> (Sniper, Primordial Sea, Tough Claws, Sheer Force, Tinted lens) (maybe also cut tough claws cause i havent seen that much either)
Originally i was gonna nom this thing up a tier to A+ but its already almost widely considered the second best mon in the tier (besides maybe like etern) , anyways yea i think primordial sea (and maybe tclaws) should be cut from this mon, both of these abilities are really uncommon on Ash-Gren due to generally not having a big niche compaired to other abilities and the usual sniper just being more consistent and better in most non-mu specific situations, anyways i think ash gren should also have these 2 abilities listed, the first of which is Sflo which has seen a bit of usage recently in ssnl and takes advantage of Ash Greninja's fantastic mixed stats being able to 2hko most of its common walls like mega aud, Iron Hands, FairyCeus, and most neutral fc pokemon (worth noting that while yes this set does help with some checks ash gren can also deal with most of these checks depending on whatever its last moveslot is), this set also lets ash gren being chipped by rocky helm pokemon thanks to special coverage, this set also isnt the hardest to improof being improofed by stuff like Dialga-O

The other ability is of course the infamous Tinted Lens, This ability is largely only seen on rain teams but its quite a hard one to deal with, tlens specs Water spout does insane amounts of damage (especially under rain) letting it 2hko even resists like Eternatus and Regenvest Dialga-O (83% Chance to 2hko so ill consider it), and even Ohko imp (this calc is very dependent on what evs u are, but naive 32 spd evs with 0 ivs does ohko outside of rain and max spd with naive is a ohko in rain if not evolite but even with eviolite u do need just a bit of chip), even specially defensive like blissey cant wall it due to it being mixed (mega aud can wall it outside of rain even if scales fyi), now for the problems... (this is so long) firstly tinted lens sets are kinda almost required to be on rain teams as its damage is not nearly enough otherwise and its more prone to enemys living a hit and taking almost half of its hp, severly weakening its damage, Secondly Hazards. hazards just fuck this things damage output up (while yes this can be solved by teammates it still isnt great in this meta), and lastly the thing is really weak to mons faster than it as usually the teams its on (i.e rain) dont have a great defensive structure which can make like mega scept a headace for it. (jesus this was long anyways if u want more detail on the weakness i suggest reading the bh discussion abt it)

:Steelix-Mega: --> C (High C like p much around the top)
1yw98o.jpg

What happened. like 2 months this mon was like decently popular and now? its gone it has to my knowledge 0% usage in all of ompl, less than mega ampharos (the goat), but tbf this mons not good into the current meta, pokemon like ash gren, Mega Zam, Garchomp-mega (theres more examples but chose these ones cause they are common) just bully this thing, this mon walls like nothing also atm cause most special pokemon like mg etern can just torch song setup on it as they only have to usually risk losing their item (which still isnt the best but its still a fault that a regenvest can be p much free setup for some mons), and also what does this mon even like wall? like theres not a whole lot of common stuff in the meta atm that it walls. Another thing is that it cant really do much vs th arceus forms, like sure u can knock and maybe setup hazards, but plate just stops knock and unless its running gigaton as 4th slot it does no damage (gigaton even does little damage to neutral fc mons).

:Lunala: --> (Ice Scales, Simple, Fur Coat)
Personally i think this mon has changed in the course of 2 months, its gone from mainly a "simple ghost type that can do stored power stuff" with final gambit stuff to a more specially defensive Pokemon that can check most special mons, it has a good mu into Etern, Alakazam (assuming no moongeist), Sceptile-Mega, Any other Mg dragon, Mega Garde, and Palkia-O. it can run utility like Nuzzle / Glare / Burning Bulwark (less common but still works) and Topsy Turvy, and it can deal decent damage if running hex with nuzzle or self improof itself with judgement spooky plate

:Ting-Lu: --> B (above yvel prob)
maybe hot take but i think this rises at least to high C tier or low B, this mon feel a bit scuffed sometimes due to the fact of its weakness (especially fc) being everywhere (i.e ash gren, Luc, blaziken) and also having the problem of just threatening mg pokemon with removing their item, becoming kind of setup fodder sometimes. but it does have it merits, Fc sets can fit on most basic balance teams which need a way to deal with stuff like simple ghostceus, Ho-Oh, and Mega Chomp, as well as a good fc pokemon into neutral pokemon (these teams usually do have to have a way to deal with its checks tho), and it can cure pokemon like th arc forms to dissaude them from setting up while also limiting some progress with knock.

As for its Regen set, it can live hits from pokemon such as Ultra necrozma (non magical), Eternatus, Miraidon, and Lunala, but its utility is where it shines usually, Knock of allows it to hinder opposing pokemon while making it chipping move effective as it can remove cloak, nuzzle allows it to not become setup fodder and severly hinder fast pokemon making it a good improofing option for said mg pokemon who dont usually want to risk speed ties as well as making it good for imp (the latter is less needed), u can also just run cure for salt like th arceus forms, and for the last move both mortal spin and stone axe are viable but depends on whatever u want / ur team needs.

:Aegislash: --> D (i cant cope nom this any higher lmao) (Regenerator, Well Baked Body, Levitate)
Heres ur daily dose of a cope nom, anyways being a bit fr this thing is kinda viable, it has gotta a bit of usage in ompl (like thrice iirc) and does have a small niche, firstly its one of the best spinblockers as it does block both forms and has good enough defensives to not worry about being pressured out by spinners usually, and also its abilities are pretty useful as each one of them has a niche in Regenerator allowing it to be a dederent into opposing teams with utility like hazards and status in nuzzle (if running it ofc), while also walling mg mons who arent using setup/torch song, well baked body allows it to wall Mega Blaziken and also suprise foes like ultra necrozma and mega zam (if not moongeist) with it, and levitate helps vs ground types like mega chomp and groundceus

:Meloetta: --> B- (high b-)
This Thing does deserve to move up a tier lowkey underrated, while yes it is a "poor mans" mega audino as it doesnt nearly have the defensives, especially physically, that aud does, but its pretty useful outside of that, it can be pretty useful, firstly thanks to it typing its immune to ghost type moves and has a resistance to physical type attacks, which lets it walls lunala alakazam-m, and Flutter Mane, and also can help dent Pokemon like Flutter Mane and Blissey thanks to psystrike, and block does block stuff (blocking imp and stalling out choice special pokemon like zam) but ive personally like to run mortal / teleport over it depending on my team comp because block is very situational. and of course the main thing that ppl use Meloetta for is MGLO Eternatus which Mega Audino cant wall.

:Giratina-Origin: --> UR (Banished)
th.jpg

yea uh idt i need to explain this one lmao, pretty obvious this one is not used

:Kyurem-White: --> B- (High, around mega swampert prob a bit lower)
Rightclicker has convinced me this mon isnt that bad, while it does run into the main problem of 95 speed (unviable) its offense makes up for it, Specs Boomburst is just crazy damage, 2hkoing most scales pokemon even scales mega aud after some hazard chip (70% chance btw), it also has fire coverage for the pesky steel types and even changing as another good stab option, it can run almost anything as the 4th moveslot but its usually knock, however stuff like espeed and even tech like secret for blissey could work. not nomming mglo for it tho, shit set

:Arceus-water:--> (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
The more popular and (subjectively) better option of the two defensive abilities, fur coat allows it to wall mega chomp and avoid 2hkos from ash greninja, running fc also doesnt hurt it much specially as it can always just th spam up, especially since it does run spirit shackle sometimes letting it trap imp and also physical breakers slower than it and letting it sap and stall them out

:Miraidon: --> B (high B, around korai and ho-oh)
1yw98o.jpg
(disappeared less than mega steelix tbf)
if u told me 3 months ago a mon ranked a- would just disappear i wouldve woken you up from ur illusion but its kinda true, this mon while having some usage in ompl (used like thrice iirc) has kinda gone down the radar, kinda strange cause this mon has a lot of potential and really good sets that are just unutilized imo, its mg sets have the problem of most mg pokemon as in being walled by scales pokemon like mega audino (especially if carrying moonblast coverage) and MG blissey, its fc sets are better imo (still dont have the confidence in saying it should be the main ability over mg) as its pretty decent as a fast util mon, checking mega luc and ash greninja, but that set also runs into the aforementioned problem of scales pokemon and the problem of not having enough firepower, i do think think this pokemon has the potential to be b+ again but i cant just say that confidently untill i see more of it

and final nom of today (i need sleep)
:Slowbro-Mega: --> (Fur Coat, Regenerator)
pretty obvious one, this thing shouldnt have regen listed, apparently a remant of the past bh meta and idt ive seen a regen slowbro recently sooo bye bye:!

Anyways thats all gn

Noms (maybe some short explanations cause this is a bit long so if u do want maybe a more longer explanation could try asking me in omcord)
:Lucario-Mega: --> B+ (in the current vr, probably above celesteela but a lot of stuff will be changed when vr updates tbf) (Tough Claws, Magic Guard, Adaptability)
Been using this Pokemon a lot recently and its fairly decent into the current meta's usual fc mons, Mixed sets allow it to completely destroy stuff like fc celesteela, audino, fairyceus, and more importantly mega slowbro cause Band cant breakthrough that, stuff that usually walls this pokemon are like Fc Ghostceus (for band sets), Miraidon (for mixed sets, but this things usage is pretty low nowadays so maybe not that good of a example) and fc mega slowbro (for band), anyways recently akira did show me the real heat band mega luc set of adapt and i think it does deserve a mention as 3rd in choice, while using adapt does force u to not run coverage like bolt strike, being able to run Gigaton hammer instead is a good enough replacement and adapt is techinically stronger (0.03% iirc) than tclaws by a little bit, allowinf it to dent stuff like ghostceus and its checks more while being able to run like volt switch as 4th move option to pivot out from checks or even edrift to dissaude its checks like celesteela and fc slowbro (the latter of these moves is more uncommon)

:Greninja-ash: --> (Sniper, Primordial Sea, Tough Claws, Sheer Force, Tinted lens) (maybe also cut tough claws cause i havent seen that much either)
Originally i was gonna nom this thing up a tier to A+ but its already almost widely considered the second best mon in the tier (besides maybe like etern) , anyways yea i think primordial sea (and maybe tclaws) should be cut from this mon, both of these abilities are really uncommon on Ash-Gren due to generally not having a big niche compaired to other abilities and the usual sniper just being more consistent and better in most non-mu specific situations, anyways i think ash gren should also have these 2 abilities listed, the first of which is Sflo which has seen a bit of usage recently in ssnl and takes advantage of Ash Greninja's fantastic mixed stats being able to 2hko most of its common walls like mega aud, Iron Hands, FairyCeus, and most neutral fc pokemon (worth noting that while yes this set does help with some checks ash gren can also deal with most of these checks depending on whatever its last moveslot is), this set also lets ash gren being chipped by rocky helm pokemon thanks to special coverage, this set also isnt the hardest to improof being improofed by stuff like Dialga-O

The other ability is of course the infamous Tinted Lens, This ability is largely only seen on rain teams but its quite a hard one to deal with, tlens specs Water spout does insane amounts of damage (especially under rain) letting it 2hko even resists like Eternatus and Regenvest Dialga-O (83% Chance to 2hko so ill consider it), and even Ohko imp (this calc is very dependent on what evs u are, but naive 32 spd evs with 0 ivs does ohko outside of rain and max spd with naive is a ohko in rain if not evolite but even with eviolite u do need just a bit of chip), even specially defensive like blissey cant wall it due to it being mixed (mega aud can wall it outside of rain even if scales fyi), now for the problems... (this is so long) firstly tinted lens sets are kinda almost required to be on rain teams as its damage is not nearly enough otherwise and its more prone to enemys living a hit and taking almost half of its hp, severly weakening its damage, Secondly Hazards. hazards just fuck this things damage output up (while yes this can be solved by teammates it still isnt great in this meta), and lastly the thing is really weak to mons faster than it as usually the teams its on (i.e rain) dont have a great defensive structure which can make like mega scept a headace for it. (jesus this was long anyways if u want more detail on the weakness i suggest reading the bh discussion abt it)

:Steelix-Mega: --> C (High C like p much around the top)
View attachment 650046
What happened. like 2 months this mon was like decently popular and now? its gone it has to my knowledge 0% usage in all of ompl, less than mega ampharos (the goat), but tbf this mons not good into the current meta, pokemon like ash gren, Mega Zam, Garchomp-mega (theres more examples but chose these ones cause they are common) just bully this thing, this mon walls like nothing also atm cause most special pokemon like mg etern can just torch song setup on it as they only have to usually risk losing their item (which still isnt the best but its still a fault that a regenvest can be p much free setup for some mons), and also what does this mon even like wall? like theres not a whole lot of common stuff in the meta atm that it walls. Another thing is that it cant really do much vs th arceus forms, like sure u can knock and maybe setup hazards, but plate just stops knock and unless its running gigaton as 4th slot it does no damage (gigaton even does little damage to neutral fc mons).

:Lunala: --> (Ice Scales, Simple, Fur Coat)
Personally i think this mon has changed in the course of 2 months, its gone from mainly a "simple ghost type that can do stored power stuff" with final gambit stuff to a more specially defensive Pokemon that can check most special mons, it has a good mu into Etern, Alakazam (assuming no moongeist), Sceptile-Mega, Any other Mg dragon, Mega Garde, and Palkia-O. it can run utility like Nuzzle / Glare / Burning Bulwark (less common but still works) and Topsy Turvy, and it can deal decent damage if running hex with nuzzle or self improof itself with judgement spooky plate

:Ting-Lu: --> B (above yvel prob)
maybe hot take but i think this rises at least to high C tier or low B, this mon feel a bit scuffed sometimes due to the fact of its weakness (especially fc) being everywhere (i.e ash gren, Luc, blaziken) and also having the problem of just threatening mg pokemon with removing their item, becoming kind of setup fodder sometimes. but it does have it merits, Fc sets can fit on most basic balance teams which need a way to deal with stuff like simple ghostceus, Ho-Oh, and Mega Chomp, as well as a good fc pokemon into neutral pokemon (these teams usually do have to have a way to deal with its checks tho), and it can cure pokemon like th arc forms to dissaude them from setting up while also limiting some progress with knock.

As for its Regen set, it can live hits from pokemon such as Ultra necrozma (non magical), Eternatus, Miraidon, and Lunala, but its utility is where it shines usually, Knock of allows it to hinder opposing pokemon while making it chipping move effective as it can remove cloak, nuzzle allows it to not become setup fodder and severly hinder fast pokemon making it a good improofing option for said mg pokemon who dont usually want to risk speed ties as well as making it good for imp (the latter is less needed), u can also just run cure for salt like th arceus forms, and for the last move both mortal spin and stone axe are viable but depends on whatever u want / ur team needs.

:Aegislash: --> D (i cant cope nom this any higher lmao) (Regenerator, Well Baked Body, Levitate)
Heres ur daily dose of a cope nom, anyways being a bit fr this thing is kinda viable, it has gotta a bit of usage in ompl (like thrice iirc) and does have a small niche, firstly its one of the best spinblockers as it does block both forms and has good enough defensives to not worry about being pressured out by spinners usually, and also its abilities are pretty useful as each one of them has a niche in Regenerator allowing it to be a dederent into opposing teams with utility like hazards and status in nuzzle (if running it ofc), while also walling mg mons who arent using setup/torch song, well baked body allows it to wall Mega Blaziken and also suprise foes like ultra necrozma and mega zam (if not moongeist) with it, and levitate helps vs ground types like mega chomp and groundceus

:Meloetta: --> B- (high b-)
This Thing does deserve to move up a tier lowkey underrated, while yes it is a "poor mans" mega audino as it doesnt nearly have the defensives, especially physically, that aud does, but its pretty useful outside of that, it can be pretty useful, firstly thanks to it typing its immune to ghost type moves and has a resistance to physical type attacks, which lets it walls lunala alakazam-m, and Flutter Mane, and also can help dent Pokemon like Flutter Mane and Blissey thanks to psystrike, and block does block stuff (blocking imp and stalling out choice special pokemon like zam) but ive personally like to run mortal / teleport over it depending on my team comp because block is very situational. and of course the main thing that ppl use Meloetta for is MGLO Eternatus which Mega Audino cant wall.

:Giratina-Origin: --> UR (Banished)
View attachment 650045
yea uh idt i need to explain this one lmao, pretty obvious this one is not used

:Kyurem-White: --> B- (High, around mega swampert prob a bit lower)
Rightclicker has convinced me this mon isnt that bad, while it does run into the main problem of 95 speed (unviable) its offense makes up for it, Specs Boomburst is just crazy damage, 2hkoing most scales pokemon even scales mega aud after some hazard chip (70% chance btw), it also has fire coverage for the pesky steel types and even changing as another good stab option, it can run almost anything as the 4th moveslot but its usually knock, however stuff like espeed and even tech like secret for blissey could work. not nomming mglo for it tho, shit set

:Arceus-water:--> (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
The more popular and (subjectively) better option of the two defensive abilities, fur coat allows it to wall mega chomp and avoid 2hkos from ash greninja, running fc also doesnt hurt it much specially as it can always just th spam up, especially since it does run spirit shackle sometimes letting it trap imp and also physical breakers slower than it and letting it sap and stall them out

:Miraidon: --> B (high B, around korai and ho-oh)
View attachment 650046 (disappeared less than mega steelix tbf)
if u told me 3 months ago a mon ranked a- would just disappear i wouldve woken you up from ur illusion but its kinda true, this mon while having some usage in ompl (used like thrice iirc) has kinda gone down the radar, kinda strange cause this mon has a lot of potential and really good sets that are just unutilized imo, its mg sets have the problem of most mg pokemon as in being walled by scales pokemon like mega audino (especially if carrying moonblast coverage) and MG blissey, its fc sets are better imo (still dont have the confidence in saying it should be the main ability over mg) as its pretty decent as a fast util mon, checking mega luc and ash greninja, but that set also runs into the aforementioned problem of scales pokemon and the problem of not having enough firepower, i do think think this pokemon has the potential to be b+ again but i cant just say that confidently untill i see more of it

and final nom of today (i need sleep)
:Slowbro-Mega: --> (Fur Coat, Regenerator)
pretty obvious one, this thing shouldnt have regen listed, apparently a remant of the past bh meta and idt ive seen a regen slowbro recently sooo bye bye:!

Anyways thats all gn
the one time i start experimenting with a regen giratina-o team

anyways here's another nom before my ssnl games

:pidgeot-mega: UR -> C (Aerialate)
Have you ever been running Aerialate Yveltal and were like "wow! I wish this thing had actual speed!"?

Look no further than Mega Pidgeot! This thing has a tad bit more special attack than Yveltal, while having much more speed, at least enough to naturally outspeed that base 120 threshhold.

> D (i cant cope nom this any higher lmao) (Regenerator, Well Baked Body, Levitate
Agreed, aegi has workable defensive stats (better then steela lol) and is viable all around, prim sea may be better then wbb however for teravolt eternatus
Primordial Sea
Prim sea can get sameish calcs on non resists as tlens does on rain so it’s not bad prolly
Have you ever been running Aerialate Yveltal and were like "wow! I wish this thing had actual speed!"?
The problem with this theory is that I have not ever ran aerialate yveltal, nor that I want to.
Agree with like every other nom by yoko besides maybe ice scales lunala

the one time i start experimenting with a regen giratina-o team

anyways here's another nom before my ssnl games

:pidgeot-mega: UR -> C (Aerialate)

Look no further than Mega Pidgeot! This thing has a tad bit more special attack than Yveltal, while having much more speed, at least enough to naturally outspeed that base 120 threshhold.
shame i couldnt show it off in my bh seasonal game

Some post-OMPL noms. I think Imposter's slightly overrated so I'll generally nom upwards.

:audino-mega: A- --> A+
Perhaps the best defensive non-Arceus 'mon in the meta. Has seen >50% usage OMPL and is adept at running both Fur Coat and Ice Scales sets. Hard to offensively bypass without Sunsteel Strike users and the like.

:arceus-fairy: A- --> A
Really great Fur Coat/Ice Scales setup walls respectively. Fairyceus outspeeds everything physical that might try to bruteforce past it (besides Banded Gigaton Hammer Koraidon or some Sunsteel UNecro sets), does well into most slower stuff, and is a splashable and potent bulky sweeper regardless of choice between FurScales. I'd nom Groundceus up to A- but Sceptile makes it a good bit less reliable, still great outside of that matchup though.

:necrozma-ultra: B+ --> A
Best offensive 'mon in the game. SFLO 2HKOes close to everything and only gets walled by a small subset of otherwise good switch-ins (+Def Scales Audino, Scales Groundceus, PSea Steels if we're pushing it). Very easy to tech coverage for said checks as well (Noxious Torque, Mountain Gale, Earth Power, Combat Torque etc.) Can run alternate sets that abuse Necrozma's stat distribution like mixed Magic Guard (better than SF overall imo, V-create/DEnergy/filler/recovery is very potent offensive support), Banded SOR, LOTC etc. so it's not exactly predictable on preview. Only criticisms are needing high support, due to its crappy defensive typing and not being fast enough to work as speed control, and being moderately hard to slap into teams.

:celesteela: B+ --> A, :ho-oh: B --> B+
Celesteela's incredible typing makes it resilient to chip damage (immune to poison + Spikes while taking 12 from Stealth Rock), as well as a great complement to FC Fairy/Eleceus/Audino/Eternatus etc. no matter what it runs. I like Regen most since Steela's a true Knock absorber then and can some in on some neutral harder-hitting walls without as much consequence. Ho-Oh's convenient typing (Ground immunity, Fire/Fairy/U-turn resistances, STAB V-create) in addition to amazing special and pretty good physical bulk let it run Magic Guard/support Magic Bounce sets in addition to HDB Scales, making it decently splashable.

:arceus-ghost: A --> A-
Mono Ghost is a kinda mid offensive typing when almost every team packs a defensive Normal-type, though admittedly the only 2 you're realistically worrying about are Audino and Blissey. Spooky Plate Judgment on Fur Coat is cool but means you're susceptible to hazards, not to mention I don't like losing on preview even against epitomes of mediocrity like Band Sniper AshGren. Not bad by any means (and Simple warps building a considerable amount) but not splashable enough to be lumped with Celesteela/Eternatus etc.

:greninja-ash: A --> A-, :alakazam-mega: A --> B+/B
Sniper AshGren is midmid, warps building a tangible amount with its honestly impressive calcs but it's still pretty easy to prepare for, skillcheck mon in the builder. SFLO is very solid but I don't think that alone allows Gren to justify its ranking. LOTC was pretty cool when I tested with it too, almost like a unecro sidegrade. Alakazam's like actually bad LOL I have no idea what it's doing above Audino. Reminds me of ORAS Hackmons Gengar where you need so much to go right for nowhere near enough reward to actually make it worth running.

:sceptile-mega: C --> A-
Good at scaring some faster Dragons like UNecro/Eternatus/Miraidon, as well as Scales Groundceus/RegenVest Ting-Lu/Primal Kyogre. Power issues are present but you can look at my W4 OMPL game where it broke through MG Blissey/Scales Audino, albeit with a crit. A genuine standalone consideration when building and easier to fit than Flutter Mane/Mega Alakazam etc.

:blissey: B+ --> B+
Magic Guard sets have progressively gotten weaker throughout OMPL as people've started using mixed coverage, but despite that I think it still deserves its current placement. Teching for Blissey often means you have to slot Secret Sword which means 1) you're probably missing out on the 2nd best boosting move in the game (Torch Song) and 2) you're running Secret Sword. The other Blissey cope I've seen ran generally either doesn't actually 2HKO Blissey or is a major hindrance to run. Has issues with splashability but the difficulty in prepping for the Blissey matchup in particular is way higher than would be expected of a B+ mon.

:flutter-mane: A- --> A-/B+

More unsure about dropping this one. I thought Flutter could be broken when I started learning the tier but Moongeist Beam just doesn't hit everything as hard as you'd like it to and Scales Audino/MG Blissey are everywhere. The lower base SpA means you can't really coverage your way out of those matchups as well. Harder to justify than the other mons in A-.

:miraidon: A- --> A-/B+
Rather hard to fit in and not reliable speed control due to tying itself/Koraidon and being outsped by Sceptile/Alakazam etc. Fur Coat is unreliable as a standalone which makes it only worth consideration on what I find to be a wonky playstyle. Magic Guard's better but it faces competition with Sceptile (though it does appreciate Scept disincentivizing running Grass-weak, ergo Thunder Cage-immune Scales mons).

:dialga-origin: B- --> B+
Very solid Regenerator guy, both with and without AV, functioning like Celesteela but instead of being immune to Spikes you either soft check a ton of special stuff (AV) or take advantage of really passive stuff (both but no AV does this better). Great stats/typing for Ice Scales sets as well.

:arceus-electric: C --> B+ (Electric)
Very nice Fur Coat user due to being very tough to break physically and outspeeding the main physical breaker scaring it in Mega Garchomp. Struggles with Groundceus being rather common (less so these days though thanks to Sceptile) but other than that life's good. Thunder Cage is the 5th most broken attack in the meta behind KNOCK OFF, MORTAL SPIN, U-TURN, and FLIP TURN.

:pheromosa: D --> C/B-

Fastest 'mon with workable offenses. Offensive typing is also not bad, though it struggles with Eternatus/Ghostceus/neutral FC stuff at full; you can circumvent them to an extent with Sunsteel/Glacial Lance/Knock etc, however. Actually did quite a lot in tests, even if I sacked it like an idiot in OMPL finals

:aegislash: UR --> C
Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 4.29.41 PM.png

:hoopa-unbound: UR --> D/C
Simple LO No Retreat/Stored Power/Power Trip/Megahorn has very little defensive counterplay (basically Yveltal and FC Haze/Topsy Ting-Lu) and offensively Improofs (164 Def EVs w/ negative nature to OHKO Evio Imp with Megahorn or non-Evio Imp with Power Trip, 10 IVs w/ negative nature to OHKO with Power Trip). These two points mean more often than not you force an Imposter tie that probably decides the game (barring the occasional PrankHaze/strong Pixispeed/random First Impression type stuff) once you manage to set up safely. See my W6 OMPL game, where the player who was behind (me) got bailed at the end.

:gholdengo: UR --> D

Like Levitate Aegislash but squishier but has actual offenses.

:scream-tail: UR --> D

Hardcounters every SFLO UNecro variant with Fur Coat. Also has surprisingly good mixed bulk for other threats, and TH sets can 1v1 opposing TH Arceus with Psystrike/Stored Power.

Bolded = Bold set/add bolded set, Unbolded = Add unbolded set/unbold set, -Bolded = Remove bolded set, -Unbolded = Remove unbolded set. Not bothering with mons I think are C/D rank

:chansey: Imposter (Heavy-Duty Boots)
:audino-mega: Audino-Mega (Fur Coat)
:eternatus: Eternatus (Fur Coat, Regenerator)
:necrozma-ultra: Necrozma-Ultra (Magic Guard, Mold Breaker, Sword of Ruin)
:arceus-ghost: Arceus-Ghost (Simple, Magic Guard)
:greninja-ash: Greninja-Ash (Sheer Force, Tinted Lens)
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh (Magic Guard, Ice Scales)
:dialga-origin: Dialga-Origin (Ice Scales)
:flutter-mane: Flutter Mane (Normalize)
:garchomp-mega: Garchomp-Mega (Sword of Ruin)
:slowbro-mega: Slowbro-Mega (Regenerator, Fur Coat)
:arceus-water: Arceus-Water (Fur Coat)
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu (Regenerator)
Note: I'm honestly not sure if Imposter's better than the rest by enough that nothing else can occupy S rank. One could raise everything else up a subrank (Audino --> S, UNecro & friends --> A+, etc.) and it'd seem about as accurate to me.

S
:chansey: Imposter (Eviolite, Heavy-Duty Boots, Covert Cloak, Spooky Plate)

A
A+
:Audino-Mega: Audino-Mega (Ice Scales, Fur Coat, Magic Bounce)

A
:Arceus-Fairy: Arceus-Fairy (Fur Coat, Ice Scales, Pixilate)
:Celesteela: Celesteela (Regenerator, Fur Coat, Primordial Sea)
:Eternatus: Eternatus (Magic Guard, Unaware, Teravolt, Fur Coat, Regenerator)
:Necrozma-Ultra: Necrozma-Ultra (Sheer Force, Magic Guard, Adaptability, Mold Breaker, Sword of Ruin)

A-
:Arceus-Ghost: Arceus-Ghost (Fur Coat, Simple, Magic Guard)
:Greninja-Ash: Greninja-Ash (Sniper, Sheer Force, Primordial Sea, Tough Claws, Tinted Lens)
:Sceptile-Mega: Sceptile-Mega (Magic Guard)

B
B+
:Alakazam-Mega: Alakazam-Mega (Beads of Ruin, Psychic Surge)
:Arceus-Electric: Arceus-Electric (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
:Arceus-Ground: Arceus-Ground (Ice Scales)
:Blissey: Blissey (Magic Guard, Regenerator)
:Dialga-Origin: Dialga-Origin (Regenerator, Ice Scales, Magic Guard, Wandering Spirit)
:Flutter Mane: Flutter Mane (Flare Boost, Beads of Ruin, Adaptability, Normalize)
:Garchomp-Mega: Garchomp-Mega (Adaptability, Sword of Ruin, Tough Claws)
:Ho-Oh: Ho-Oh (Magic Guard, Ice Scales, Magic Bounce, Desolate Land)
:Miraidon: Miraidon (Magic Guard, Fur Coat, Regenerator)

B
:Koraidon: Koraidon (Teravolt, Magic Guard, Tough Claws)
:Kyogre-Primal: Kyogre-Primal (Regenerator, Magic Guard)
:Lucario-Mega: Lucario-Mega (Tough Claws, Magic Guard)
:Lunala: Lunala (Simple, Ice Scales, Fur Coat)
:Slowbro-Mega: Slowbro-Mega (Regenerator, Fur Coat)
:Yveltal: Yveltal (Fur Coat, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard)

B-
:Arceus-Water: Arceus-Water (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
:Blaziken-Mega: Blaziken-Mega (Tinted Lens, Tough Claws, Desolate Land)
:Gardevoir-Mega: Gardevoir-Mega (Pixilate)
:Palkia-Origin: Palkia-Origin (Speed Boost, Magic Guard)
:Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black (Sword of Ruin, Teravolt)
:pheromosa: Pheromosa (Sword of Ruin)
:Registeel: Registeel (Primordial Sea, Regenerator)
:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu (Fur Coat, Regenerator)
:Solgaleo: Solgaleo (Regenerator, Primordial Sea)
:Steelix-Mega: Steelix-Mega (Regenerator)
:Swampert-Mega: Swampert-Mega (Regenerator, Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
:Zacian: Zacian (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)

Warning: Long post
Sorted within ranks before C. Can probably shift some mons around ranks while keeping the general order.
I did make the choice to split C, I think in light of meta development we have seen enough to have a better gauge of the lower ranks to make the distinctions, and I personally think it is good to separate Pokemon that are clearly not the same power level. Due to this, some mons might have rather drastic rank shifts, but I think the order is generally a better indication.

S
:Chansey: Imposter (Eviolite, Covert Cloak, Spooky Plate) could add Heavy-Duty Boots, but I think its 4th best item, can be argued above Plate
Pretty obvious, Eviolite isn't as useful as before though, you are highly likely to get Knocked anyways, and Cloak and Plate both can fundamentally change interactions when necessary where playing around Imp never getting Knocked is actually rewarding. Boots is viable on full hazard immune but I wouldn't use it outside of that.

A
A+
:Eternatus: Eternatus (Magic Guard, Unaware, Teravolt)
I think its a popular opinion that this mon is comfortably #2 in the meta. Immensely splashable offensive pressure threat. Vast majority of sets are DEnergy / Torch / SSA / Sap but you have deviations like Sword Spikes and even Gambit. This mon is majorly responsible for a small uptick in Nuzzle (and Glare to a lesser extent) usage because other utility moves just don't pressure it enough, especially considering its high speed tier. Non-MG sets are worse but still workable.

A
:Audino-Mega: Audino-Mega (Ice Scales, Fur Coat)
Purely because the other stuff are more sus. Very splashable general defensive mon. Can fit either spectrum, running it on the team always grants some security against Ghostceus. Ghost immunity also helpful for otherwise spooky Flutter Mane. Suffers from Eternatus but you should have other checks anyways, and Sunsteel users are worse than they appear.
:Arceus-Ghost: Arceus-Ghost (Magic Guard, Fur Coat, Magic Bounce)
Best Ghost-type by far, bulky and lacks common weaknesses to be the ultimate thorn against Rapid Spin, and when considering stack's prevalence its not hard to see why Ghostceus is still good. Ability order might be iffy but MG is super resilient to everything to spinblock, FC is still reasonable because it beats a lot of otherwise annoying stuff, though you obv need a secondary Gren check. Third ability is whatever but I don't think Simple is good anymore, teams have tons of setup checks without even trying and on top of that Sap into other check always works too.
:Arceus-Fairy: Arceus-Fairy (Fur Coat, Ice Scales, Pixilate)
Fairy-type is just very very strong in a Dragon-heavy meta and the Arceus opportunity cost is the only thing holding this back from higher. FurScales + Take Heart is just consistent. Trades some match ups compared to Audino defensively. Pixilate is also rather solid, rking practically every offensive threat, having still decent defensive utility, and can run a myriad of coverage.
:Celesteela: Celesteela (Regenerator, Fur Coat, Well-Baked Body)
We all love and hate this mon, but it is one of the most defining mons on one of the stronger archetypes currently. Warps removal meta around it due to its matchup against Mortal Spin. The lack of bulk is not as prevalent on the typical structures it is found on because it is treated more as an utility mon rather than actually being an integral part of the defensive core, and most nuclear wallbreakers are held back through hazards.

A-
:Necrozma-Ultra: Necrozma-Ultra (Magic Guard, Sheer Force, Adaptability)
I have looked at this list for like 30 minutes and concluded that among the rest of the mons this is the one I would put at the top. The reason is very simple, its relative success is backed up by usage. It doesn't have the same speed tier utility that other offensive mons have but it compensates for having a scarier offensive profile.
:Sceptile-Mega: Sceptile-Mega (Magic Guard)
Some people think I hate this mon, I actually have nothing against the mon I just think there was overfanfare over the mon. The mon is very linear, it has one set with minor move deviations in the fourth slot, it has an excellent speed tier, sufficient power without being choice-locked and resilient to residual damage. It revenge-kills stuff, is sticky, and because of that can often stay alive until late game where it can threaten clean ups.
:Garchomp-Mega: Garchomp-Mega (Tough Claws, Adaptability) other abilities also work but they all are similar enough
Chomp here because it feels more reliable than Gren. Rocks resist is so big as with more bulk. Slower speed is unideal but with something like Band Gren you are playing out a reasonably long game often anyways with repeated positioning. Setup also is still immensely threatening and can have several opportunities to threaten breaks and sweeps.
:Greninja-Ash: Greninja-Ash (Sniper, Sheer Force)
We all know what this mon does, Sheer Force has seen some rising usage but also faces a myriad of problems despite not being choice-locked. Biggest issue for the mon is hazards and its tendency to rely on repeated switch-ins to set itself up by Knocking helms, chipping checks, avoiding rks.
:Blissey: Blissey (Magic Guard, Regenerator)
Has a lot of issues in the present meta with stuff that traditionally had immense struggles with it teching moves that let them bypass it one way or another. That being said, its presence demanding such generally otherwise suboptimal moves cannot be ignored, its still a great pivot + support if Wish, and is one of the most consistent answers to STAB + Cage Take Heart sets.

B
B+
:Arceus-Ground: Arceus-Ground (Ice Scales)
Has permanent issues with improofing and Celesteela, and also requires a separate check to Sceptile, but otherwise accomplishes the Scales role well. In particular as an UNecro answer, since it would have to fit moves like Mountain Gale (not a bad move btw)
:Kyogre-Primal: Kyogre-Primal (Regenerator, Magic Guard, Fur Coat)
Still does it what it typically did, but more offensive setup sets are popping up around.
:Alakazam-Mega: Alakazam-Mega (Beads of Ruin, Psychic Surge)
The ultimate issue with MegaZam is that it doesn't have a particularly spammable move while requiring choice-lock for wallbreaking potential. Being full susceptible to hazards is a big deal here because Zam is even more reliable on switching in repeatedly to make use of its speed tier and Psycho Boost. Maybe Psychic Surge might be better just for providing EForce and boosting Psystrike or some other innovation needs to be made to make the most out of this mons offensive profile.
:Dialga-Origin: Dialga-Origin (Regenerator, Ice Scales, Unaware)
Always annoying to improof but it is the other main Mortal blocker that typically beats most Mortal users that can get past Steela (e.g. Waters). On top of that it has good enough defensive presence to check some dangerous threats.
:Arceus-Water: Arceus-Water (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
Hard to exploit typing, and Water is a reasonably good STAB at chipping defensive stuff. Idk if you would want to standard TH this though, as Water can invite in a lot of the Dragons.
:Swampert-Mega: Swampert-Mega (Ice Scales, Fur Coat)
Kind of like a sidegrade to Groundceus, the Water-type can be really helpful in resisting Fire, neutral Water, and making Imposter susceptible to Salt Cure.

B
:Solgaleo: Solgaleo (Primordial Sea, Well-Baked Body, Regenerator)
Fire-immune Solg actually blankets a significant portion of offensive threats, mainly the Dragons but also Pixi users. Easily the best Steel for this role because of general bulk + speed tier letting it creep potential breakers like Garde and Blaze, also Psychic-type is useful to remove Fighting weakness and provide potential Psychic-STAB to hit Etern harder.
:Lucario-Mega: Lucario-Mega (Tough Claws, Magic Guard)
Kind of anti-meta considering the popularity of Fairies, setup sets are terrible but Band sets, despite being rather prediction reliant can be scary and unlike competition it hits Imposter hard.
:Miraidon: Miraidon (Magic Guard, Fur Coat, Regenerator)
I don't even know where this is supposed to be, could be lower tbh but it does outspeed and have SE stab against some bigger threats and Electric STAB is useful against Celesteela.
:Ho-Oh: Ho-Oh (Ice Scales, Magic Guard, Desolate Land)
Has seen success in OMPL but I don't find it particularly that good. Spikes immune means nothing when you need to run Boots or MG anyways, and both Scales and MG sets are undermined by the Thunder Cage weakness. Theoretically strong V-create makes it good at spinning but then you run into Fire-immune Steels or regen diao.
:Arceus-Electric: Arceus-Electric (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
Decent Arc forme, STAB Cage is obv very good and Ground is not a particularly big type to be weak to outside of Groundceus's Judg/Rev Dance. The Chomp weakness is also not as significant as like Ghostceus vs Gren because it outspeeds it.
:Arceus-Fighting: Arceus-Fighting (Fur Coat)
Rocks resist, resists basically every physical offensive move, Fighting hits every physical mon for good damage, and several threats that would be able to capitalize on Fighting are on the decline. Take Heart might still be sketch though because good luck punishing Etern.
:Zamazenta: Zamazenta (Fur Coat)
Its Fightceus with less bulk but it outspeeds a useful bit more. Combat Torque/Triple Arrows (if you can punish Etern elsewhere) are excellent moves only held back by 16 PP.
:Flutter Mane: Flutter Mane (Flare Boost, Beads of Ruin, Adaptability)
Full hazard weak, Specs is really hard to make work given the popularity of Normals and Regens, and Flare Boost burn chip compounds with other residual damage to compound the issue and makes it want to click Pain Split too much, which is capitalizable especially by Scept. Other sets are mostly unexplored but potential issue with lacking power.
:Lunala: Lunala (Ice Scales, Simple)
Ice Scales has seen some use but it's really susceptible to a lot of stacked chip damages. There have been some setup sets ideas with Spooky Plate but those kind of have even bigger issues with residual. Simple is not used but its probably better than Ghostceus for the Stored Power.

B-
:Meloetta: Meloetta (Ice Scales, Prankster) Regenerator is probably fraud
Technically less valuable due to the decline of Alakazam and Flutter, but it still has a much better matchup into Eternatus than Audino.
:Muk-Alola: Muk-Alola (Regenerator)
Actually good at its job, its the RegenVest version of Melo by blanking special threats. Very reliant on intact AV due to modest bulk and no Dragon resist. Can't be poisoned, less vulnerable to physical Poison moves, Dark-type full stops PrankShot, and unlike Ting-Lu it can actually run Nuzzle and Para Imposter.
:Lopunny-Mega: Lopunny-Mega (Magic Guard)
City explained this, its fast, MG, pop bomb strong.
:Blaziken-Mega: Blaziken-Mega (Tinted Lens, Tough Claws, Desolate Land) This ability order doesn't feel right but I know nothing
I'm not a huge fan of this mon but V-create is really strong.
:Gardevoir-Mega: Gardevoir-Mega (Pixilate)
PixiSpeed is incredible utility even from 85 attack, and its raw Boomburst power is enough to muscle past through teams given enough time. Main thing here is for sure PixiSpeed which helps makes it easier to fit and use.
:Chansey: Chansey (Magic Guard, Regenerator)
I think non-Evio Imp is getting better/more prominent and with that it means Chansey over Blissey is more possible. Extra bulk helps greatly against stuff like SSA and Sword though lack of Lefties/hazard immune depending on set is definitely not optimal.

C
C+
:Koraidon: Koraidon (Teravolt, Magic Guard, Tough Claws) ability order isnt it but idk anything
Not very convinced with this mon, offensive sets clearly aren't it because it needs Band and both STABs have immunities, offensive utility sets kind of face competition, defensively Dragon is a detriment compared to the other Fighting-types, esp with Zama outspeeding Gren anyways.
:Magearna: Magearna (Primordial Sea, Levitate, Well-Baked Body)
Not terrible, can hard wall Etern or Chomp depending ability and Doom shuffle sets are definitely legit.
:Melmetal: Melmetal (Regenerator, Fur Coat)
The better Steelix, Nuzzle hits everything and its excellent physical bulk lets it even scout Band Gren in a pinch.
:Palkia-Origin: Palkia-Origin (Speed Boost, Magic Guard) Fur Coat somewhere
Offensive sets are definitely not it, if you wanted to actually abuse Ground-types theres Scept. If this mon could run both Speed Boost and MG it would be good. Defensively interesting typing for sure, but faces competition.
:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu (Fur Coat, Regenerator)
Main issue is being highly reliant on AV for special bulk like Muk, but needing two moveslots to both punish Imposter and actually threaten mons like Etern, which ends up resulting in 4MSS so structure becomes more forced to have a natural revenge-killer instead.
:Zacian-Crowned: Zacian-Crowned (Intrepid Sword)
Similar to Lucario, STAB Sunsteel is definitely useful, and imo Zac-C performs setup sets better just by virtue of Speed (SD no ability = Tidy ability = SD speed boost). Has some severe 4MSS though and Imposter can be annoying even with V-create.

C
:Deoxys: Deoxys (Sheer Force)
I think SF is probably the only set as other sets just lack power so you want to run 50 moves. Even then the main issue is people are already accounting for the stronger UNecro. Good when the counterplay idea to SF Psychic is pivot into RK but that feels rare.
:Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black (Sword of Ruin, Magic Guard) I can see MG first
Rocks weak so you need to give up power which just makes Chomp that much stronger.
:Kyurem-White: Kyurem-White (Refrigerate, Dragon's Maw)
Also rocks weak but at least Boomburst is more spammable and Extreme Speed is priority. Garde kind of just feels better though.
:Registeel: Registeel (Primordial Sea, Regenerator)
Solgaleo is just better almost always. Could drop further but TTTech is going to cry about it.
:Slowbro-Mega: Slowbro-Mega (Regenerator, Fur Coat)
Pretty sure Regen is just better, but probably no AV. Celesteela usage means Electric coverage is ubiquitous and the Psychic-type does not do any favours here. Regen seems ok though as a slow pivot that can sponge some hits.
:Steelix-Mega: Steelix-Mega (Regenerator)
Good luck ever punishing Imposter outside of a Knock.
:Yveltal: Yveltal (Fur Coat, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard)
Not real, weaknesses are too annoying and the Ghostceus safe net is not worth using outside of very specific HO structures.
:Zacian: Zacian (Fur Coat, Ice Scales)
Theoretically it doesn't seem bad as fast fairy that outspeeds a few crucial Dragons, but Etern smacks it with STAB and UNecro has coverage and can also hit on both sides. It is also more passive than Zama because Fairy gets full blocked by a lot of utility mons.

C-
:Altaria-Mega: Altaria-Mega (Fur Coat)
Idt this mon is unusable, typing is excellent, held back by bulk obviously, run +Spe lets you outspeed neutral Chomp which is something.
:Blacephalon: Blacephalon (Adaptability)
Rocks weak but not unsalvageable.
:Iron Valiant: Iron Valiant (Pixilate)
Strongest PixiSpeed which is incredible anti offense and hits Imp super effectively, but doesn't have any defensive utility like Pixiceus. Fighting STAB is probably not even good because you want V-create to hit Celesteela. Also hates being Fairy-weak meaning even Audino is a threat.
:Nihilego: Nihilego (Sand Stream, Ice Scales)
Sets sand.

D
:Aegislash: Aegislash (Unknown)
Not very good defensively but can do sapblock stuff and utilize that as a countermeasure against Imposter.
:Ampharos-Mega: Ampharos-Mega (Magic Guard?)
Viable enough considering its Miraidon with slightly less bulk, more damage, and underspeeding stuff. In particular it can threaten Steela as a slow pivot.
:Arceus-Dark: Arceus-Dark (Ice Scales, Fur Coat)
Honestly Dark isn't that bad defensively. Offensively its not great but Tcage is a pretty borked move anyways.
:Arceus-Fire: Arceus-Fire (Magic Guard)
Sus mon, rocks weak is highly limiting to what it can do.
:Arceus-Poison: Arceus-Poison (Fur Coat)
I'm pretty sure its forced into some kind of Ruination ideas which is highly exploitable. Defensively the type isn't that useful either.
:Arceus-Psychic: Arceus-Psychic (Ice Scales, Fur Coat)
Its kind of like Fightceus where you have Psystrike to annoy Blissey. Bricked by Ting-Lu though.
:Clodsire: Clodsire (Unknown)
Honestly not bad SpD and typing, low Def can help with offensive improofing too. Also no Grass weakness means not being OHKOed by Chloroblast without Scales.
:Dondozo: Dondozo (Fur Coat)
The big problem is that it wants to use Flip Turn but a lot of stuff are running Teleport these days so the slow speed ends up not pulling through as much, esp considering it doesn't exactly want to switch into Regen mons.
:Gholdengo: Gholdengo (Unknown)
Its Aegislash but you give up even more bulk to be less passive.
:Giratina: Giratina (Regenerator, Prankster)
Yes it went 4-1 in OMPL but it also did practically nothing every game. If you watch the games the only thing it did was parting shot and haze, literally use any other prank if thats the objective.
:Gyarados-Mega: Gyarados-Mega (Magic Guard)
Dark-type not useful even for Jaw Lock shenanigans.
:Iron Hands: Iron Hands (Fur Coat)
Definitely not that good but if you run both STABs you are pretty good spinner.
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian (Good as Gold)
Cheesy gag setup.
:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings (Simple)
Extra power over lunala can be useful.
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame: Ogerpon-Hearthflame (Desolate Land)
cityscapes.
:Pikachu: Pikachu (Imposter)
I will wait for the day someone uses this to force a game into coinflip.

UR
:Arceus: Arceus (Ice Scales)
Use another Normal or Arc forme.
:Beedrill-Mega: Beedrill-Mega (Teravolt, Sword of Ruin)
Rocks weak pivot that gets walled by everything.
:Buzzwole: Buzzwole (Fur Coat)
Fire-weak Fur Coat just use another Fighting type.
:Giratina-Origin: Giratina-Origin (Simple, Magic Guard, Magic Bounce)
Lunala or even NDW better.
:Metagross-Mega: Metagross-Mega (Regenerator, Primordial Sea)
Use Solgaleo, +spe solg outspeeds basically everything it needs to with slightly less def than +def megagross while notably more spd.
:Pheromosa: Pheromosa (Tough Claws)
Its fast but Zam is less prominent, offensive stats aren't really high enough and STAB combination is poor.

Last edited:
flutter should stay a- or maybe even rise. util flutter is god

fluttermane.png

Demarcation (Flutter Mane) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Life Orb / Spooky Plate / Heat Rock / Covert Cloak / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Teravolt / Magic Guard / Levitate / Well-Baked Body / Fur Coat / Adaptability / Magic Bounce / Purifying Salt / Misty Surge / Ice Scales / Honey Gather
Tera Type: Gay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes / some other shit idk
- Moonblast / Fleur Cannon
- Astral Barrage / Topsy-Turvy / Moongeist Beam / Judgment / some other shit idk
- Pain Split

first off sorry for the incoherent slashes. anyway, if you stop trying to break through instantly at omega fast speeds with this mon and get walled by blissey and die instantly, you'll find it's actually really fuckin good at a lot of stuff.

like just looking at the raw mon, it has so many good characteristics:

• 3 immunities to fighting, dragon, and normal, very common types. you can imposter proof demons like palk or chomper with a simple immunity ability while still being a very good mon
  • good spdef, super helpful when the only special type you're weak to is ghost. can also brawl with mirai, scept, and etern in some cases
  • great typing lets it threaten out a ton of different stuff meaning you wont have trouble finding opportunities to split or spike
  • low atk allows you to semi-sapblock, further supporting the immunity ability imposter-proofing idea above. levi flutter + edrift chomper for instance is synergistic (flutter sapblocks fc arcs and provides a special dragon check and fastmon, drift chomper pressures steela so you can commit to a more hazard-centric gameplan), totally safe against imposter, and generally just really easy to use, you have 2 good mons
  • you don't get trapped by cage
  • youre fast
  • even if you have no ghost move, imposter hates coming in on you cause of split

i've saved a bunch of replays recently and flutter is a goat in every single one

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-2171835106 let's start here. flutter isn't the one putting in all the work here (that honor goes to the unranked rockceus), but it shows off well why i opted to use it over any other drought user. we get a spike, deny low-hp imposter recovery, then fairyceus comes in. since we're topsy, take heart is off the table, and we're able to get a second spike freely while harassing the fairyceus down to low hp with pain split. we even get to switch out of cage to come in later for drought.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-2171022308 a common theme for flutter is matching up super well into any take heart arc. opponent lets their fairyceus get low early on a mistake, and hazards + flutter mean it's never able to recover back up. normally this would mean bunny wins but bunny didn't show up that day so we ultimately saw flutter take this all on its own, forcing kills after the opposing regenvest ogre was knocked and poisoned. etern despite being theoretically terrifying was never able to come in.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-2171160253 this one is mean. we come in on ghostceus, threatening to damage it beyond repair with astral, but instead we get up a spike on the switch. ghostceus then comes in later looking to recover from hazard damage, but we just go hard flutter, sapblock it, and trade it off with astral. from then on, bunny is near-uncontested.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-2171516495 our drought guy gets free damage and spikes on their scales fairyceus. i really hope you all understand what a crazy sentence that is. a heroic performance against a really annoying mon that would otherwise sap blaziken, exploit dialga's passivity, and laugh at rockceus who was too busy being dead after it missed v-create. maybe rockceus shouldn't be ranked actually. we also hard switch in on chomp to block sap which is really funny. point is, flutter absolutely holds this team together and gives us a soft spdef to complement scales dialga. endgame was really dubious but im pretty sure espeed blaziken took it home.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-2170658660 i try to stack hazards but get caught early by mortal steelix poisoning flutter. for any other mon this would be a huge problem, but for flutter it means that we can freely come in on impostered celesteela without fearing nuzzle paralysis. thanks to the massive tempo swing of pain split, poisoned flutter mane is able to get several more spikes leading to a completely hopeless position for the opponent.

Last edited:
With the meta developments from OMPL and in preparation for the upcoming HPL, the VR has been updated, including a C-rank split. Voting here. Other resources and sample teams will be updated soontm.

Most of the changes are explained already by a nom in one of the previous posts, but some of the more significant changes will be briefly gone over. As always, if you have any questions regarding why a mon got moved what a mon does etc feel free to ask in the BH channel on discord or post here.

Rises
:celesteela: Low B+ -> High A-
Celesteela has been proven to be an excellent utility Pokemon highly resilient to hazards in a meta heavily revolved around hazards, making it a common find on many teams and a staple on hazard stack and full hazard immune structures.

:sceptile-mega: C -> High B+
Sceptile-Mega has seen a lot of success across OMPL as a fast revenge-killer that is hazard resilient and non-choice locked. Its reasonable power also makes it reasonably threatening especially backed by Torch Song boosts and physical coverage options.

:arceus-electric: C -> Mid B
Arceus-Electric is a decent Arceus forme taking advantage of STAB Thunder Cage for more diverse coverage options with only a main weakness in Mega Garchomp, which it outspeeds and potentially threaten.

:meloetta: C -> Low B
Meloetta is a solid Ice Scales alternative to something like Audino-Mega by trading less bulk and useful resistances for a much better matchup into the top threat Eternatus.

:arceus-fighting: C -> Mid B-
Somewhat overlooked prior due to lack of results, Arceus-Fighting can act as a blanket check to all physical attackers by virtue of its neutral typing, most notably Sniper Greninja-Ash. Its Fighting STAB also differentiates by preventing it from being easily sapblocked by Blissey and supporting Mortal Spin.

:zamazenta: D -> Low C+
Very similar to Arceus-Fighting, trading less bulk for a nice speed tier that outspeeds notably Greninja-Ash.

Drops
:alakazam-mega: Low A -> Mid B+
Alakazam-Mega struggles to keep up with the meta developments as it suffers from being vulnerable to all forms of entry hazards and being choice-locked, requiring it to be brought in multiple times to secure progress. Its speed tier is still highly valuable, though new rising threats like Sceptile-Mega are giving it some competition.

:slowbro-mega: Mid B -> Mid C+
Slowbro-Mega struggles with the dominant physical attackers it seeks to wall either having super effective STAB or regularly packing special coverage. Its typing also leaves it vulnerable to numerous utility options. Regenerator sets are popping up more however, using it as a soft physical sponge while providing useful utility.

:yveltal: Low B -> Low C+
Yveltal lacks a purpose in this meta, with a type not very useful defensively outside of being a specialized Arceus-Ghost check.

:steelix-mega: High B- -> Low C+
Steelix-Mega's Ground-typing is more of a detriment compared to a competitor like Melmetal as it prevents it from statusing Imposter and making it vulnerable to threats like Greninja-Ash and Sceptile-Mega.

:zacian: Low B- -> Mid C-
Zacian's speed tier advantage over Arceus-Fairy is less significant when Sceptile-Mega still outspeeds it. It also unlike Zamazenta suffers from passivity, as Fairy is shut down by common utility Pokemon like Celesteela.

Newly Ranked
:lopunny-mega: Mid B-
Remarkably fast, resilient thanks to Magic Guard, while still boasting very respectable power thanks to Population Bomb excluding atrocious RNG.

:muk-alola: Mid C+
A decent RegenVest option that gives it a fairly good matchup into all the common special attackers while retaining good utility with immunity from poison status, slow speed, and a niche anti-Prankster Dark-type.

With the meta developments from OMPL and in preparation for the upcoming HPL, the VR has been updated, including a C-rank split. Voting here. Other resources and sample teams will be updated soontm.

Most of the changes are explained already by a nom in one of the previous posts, but some of the more significant changes will be briefly gone over. As always, if you have any questions regarding why a mon got moved what a mon does etc feel free to ask in the BH channel on discord or post here.

Rises

:sceptile-mega: C -> High B+
Sceptile-Mega has seen a lot of success across OMPL as a fast revenge-killer that is hazard resilient and non-choice locked. Its reasonable power also makes it reasonably threatening especially backed by Torch Song boosts and physical coverage options.
my boy... he has made it

6DE798C1-557F-454C-B3FB-E4838C6F560B.jpeg

Iron Hands | 6 | 2.88% | 83.33% |
(ignore the fact that i was pretty much the only person using it ok)

anyways this post is about IRON HANDS PROPAGANDA
(:iron-hands: D > C/C+)

:sv/iron-hands:
The H.A.N.D.S (Iron Hands) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Strength Sap / Shore Up
- Thunderous Kick
- Mortal Spin / Stone Axe / Knock Off
- Spikes / Teleport / Nuzzle

The Hyper Amplificated Natural Degenerate (Strategies) Suppressor Agency is here to suppress your degenerate strategies such as "dealing physical damage as not chomper" or "mortal blocking" or "chip down using rocks". The H.A.N.D.S can wall basically everything physical barring Mega Garchomp, and even some mixed Electro Drift attackers like Mega Lucario. Big rocks resistance means it can't be chipped down as easily unlike Celesteela. STAB TKick coming off of 140 Atk is not to be disrespected either.

I would've not push this hard for an Iron Hands rise if only the likes of Altaria-MID, AegiFRAUD, Deoxys-NORMAL, BETAphalon, Kyurem-BUST and STEALix-Mega (by stealing the C+ spot) were occupying slots higher while being debatably worse mons into the meta.

ok apart from that:
:flutter-mane: B+ > A-/A (add norm make it primary)
:blaziken-mega: B > B+ (make desoland primary)
:alakazam-mega: B+ > B
:kyurem-black: C+ > C
:steelix-mega: C+ > C-
:blacephalon: C > C-/D
:altaria-mega: High C- > Mid C-
:aegislash: Mid C- > Low C- (add levi)
:ampharos-mega: High-Mid D > Low D (???? guy being higher than phero is insane)

:eternatus: (add regen)
:melmetal: (add levi make it primary)
:arceus-dark: (add gag)
:ferrothorn: (add scales)

:kyogre-primal: REMOVE MG SKYAJAHSHSHAJAUSJAJWKK

Last edited:
:Eternatus:
After a lot of consistent playing... this thing... or at least it's magic guard set is kinda underwhelming for being A+. Like... it's higher ranked then stuff like fairyceus and audino? Ash gaeninja? Yeah, it's had it's moments but it's honestly very underwhelming for being an A+ tier threat.

:Eternatus:
After a lot of consistent playing... this thing... or at least it's magic guard set is kinda underwhelming for being A+. Like... it's higher ranked then stuff like fairyceus and audino? Ash gaeninja? Yeah, it's had it's moments but it's honestly very underwhelming for being an A+ tier threat.
etern isn't ranked high for just being good at offensive (even though it is pretty good at that) it's also ranked for being good defensively and being extremely versatile
you can run regen unaware mg sticky hold you can run spikes nuzzle toxic tspikes gambit etc etc

etern isn't ranked high for just being good at offensive (even though it is pretty good at that) it's also ranked for being good defensively and being extremely versatile
you can run regen unaware mg sticky hold you can run spikes nuzzle toxic tspikes gambit etc etc
Ok... but the mguard set is ranked primary. In fact the only ranked sets are all offensive. I could see a defensive unaware set but there isn't one listed. Regenerator seems real but also isn't listed. If it has good reasons for being ranked A+, it has not given them.

Last edited:
Ok. After way more consistent playing I still don't agree with A+. It's better then I thought at first... (unaware set is better then mguard) but it's still somewhat disappointing for being the second highest ranked mon. Before I'd say B/B+ but after testing the unaware set maybe A/A-
Either way mguard isn't the best.

Back