Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
40Atk/238SpA/232Spe, ?/?/Ice Beam/Selfdestruct?
If I may ask, if Psychic is this terrible in Ubers, why does the analysis mention it?

IS there a pokemon who is offensive but can come in on both zapdos and rotom-A?

Heatran - Can switch in on Trick / Overheat / Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-A. Good Special Defense lets it switch into Zapdos' Thunderbolt and Hidden Power. Heatran can hit them both with Fire Blast too.

Tyranitar - Switches into any special based attack (Though Will-O-Wisp can cause problems and Trick screws up non-Choiced versions) and can hit them with Stone Edge or Crunch / Pursuit.

Electivire - Can switch into any Electric-type move, probably not as good as the other options.

So should it be used or not? I'm confused...and if Kyogre is a problem, why not use Thunder?
Psychic's Mewtwo's most powerful attack (excluding Hyper Beam and Selfdestruct). But a fair bit in Ubers resists it (All Deoxys, other Mewtwo, Darkrai, Dialga, Scizor, maybe other things) for it to be a primary choice, especially on sets with few attacking moves. If you're looking for 'filler', it would be reasonable, but even then, it's not hitting anything super effective.

For stab.

IS there a pokemon who is offensive but can come in on both zapdos and rotom-A?

September got some of the best ones but i thought these were also worth a mention.

Raikou - good special defense and on top of that it can CM in its face forcing it to switch out or die to shadow ball/T Bolt.

Latias is definitely worth a mention, although Shadow Ball will be a problem as it can switch in on most moves not fearing the Will O Wisp and Draco MEteor or CM up.

CM Jirachi with wish can set up on both as well.

Although not strictly offensive i think the absolute best switch ins into these pokemon are Rest Talkers, particularly: Rest Talk Heatran, Curse Tyranitar and CursePert.

Psychic's Mewtwo's most powerful attack (excluding Hyper Beam and Selfdestruct). But a fair bit in Ubers resists it (All Deoxys, other Mewtwo, Darkrai, Dialga, Scizor, maybe other things) for it to be a primary choice, especially on sets with few attacking moves. If you're looking for 'filler', it would be reasonable, but even then, it's not hitting anything super effective.
Gengar? Infernape? Fighting Arceus?
Anyway, regardless, what types are best for attacking with in Ubers?

Ice, Bug, Dragon for sure, maybe ghost, dark, water, fire.

Gengar will be ko'd by a shadow ball or something else anyways, infernape never sees usage in ubers, and fighting arceus is banned, lol.

If Encore is the first move used that turn, will the opponent be forced to use the move they used last turn or will it not work at all?

i just received the endeavor pichu from gamestop today. i know it's nature is always the same, but do i have to SR to get good IV's? or will it always have the same IV's?

Hey guys. I can't wait to get GOld and Silver and start my adventures in competitions. Should I buy Diamond/Pearl or Platinum? Is there a point?

I assume you mean Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I know you can get a lot of the Sinnoh Pokemon through HGSS but you won't be able to get most of the legendaries without DPPt. They're certainly not bad games to play through either if you want to do that.

ColdEye, a lot of them can be found on the analysis page or on other Ubers teams.
I read it, but Iv'e only made a few Uber battles so far and am still novice to the Uber tier...am I the only one that got a bit confused after alot of OU battles into the Uber tier? And how come STAB isn't important in Ubers? Could Mewtwo function as well without Psychic/Psycho Cut? Should they ever be used?

I read it, but Iv'e only made a few Uber battles so far and am still novice to the Uber tier...am I the only one that got a bit confused after alot of OU battles into the Uber tier? And how come STAB isn't important in Ubers? Could Mewtwo function as well with Psychic/Psycho Cut? Should they ever be used?
These questions have be answered for you a million times, STAB is not important because most Ubers are Psychic and Psychic resists Psychic making use of STAB on most Ubermons stupid, STAB can work for mons like Dialga and Kyogre. Mewtwo would not work well with Psychic/Psycho Cut because a large part of the Uber metagame resists it. Now can we stop asking the same questions over and over and over?

Well...if I run LO Mewtwo, would Fire Blast work well (as well as on Palkia) if I have Kyore on my team? I'll just drop Psychic from Uber sets from now on, is a Fire move the best option to replace it with (on Mewtwo)?

Well...if I run LO Mewtwo, would Fire Blast work well (as well as on Palkia) if I have Kyore on my team? I'll just drop Psychic from Uber sets from now on, is a Fire move the best option to replace it with (on Mewtwo)?

Mewtwo only needs Flamethrower for Scizor and Forretress.

And no, if you have Kyogre on your team, you want to minimize your fire move choices, since Fire gets weakened by Rain. If you're going to carry a Fire-type move, use Groudon.

So what replacements are there for a Fire-type move which aren't a Psychic-type move?

Do you read people's replies? I already told you, Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Aura Sphere/SelfDestruct allows Mewtwo to hit everything in Ubers.

Other people have done the same thing. Use the Analysis pages, which are located at http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber like tripe said, or look at the teams other people use.

If you're going to ignore posts and ask the same questions over and over, here's a little advice: JUST STOP POSTING

Can't wait to buy Gold or Silver.

Should I buy Diamond, Pearl or Platinum? I would like to one day play semi-pvp, but I wonder if I can just trade for what I need?

Can't wait to buy Gold or Silver.

Should I buy Diamond, Pearl or Platinum? I would like to one day play semi-pvp, but I wonder if I can just trade for what I need?

The only reason to buy any of D/P/P is for legendaries like Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit/Darkrai/Cresselia/Heatran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back