Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what SE attack would that be?

Lati@s typing does not change when it uses Roost, so it will still dodge things like Earthquake even while Roosting because of Levitate.

Use whichever one you want. They have absolutely no difference competitively.
This isn't really helping, I really need to know which one do use. @_@

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, if someone says "it makes no difference", you can't say "that's not helpful", because it is. It doesn't matter which you use. Roost does not negate anything on Latias... so it's exactly the same. Flip a coin.

Life Orb boosts neither. It is a special modifier added later. Sorry, xBLUEx and BlakBlastoise, you're wrong entirely. Please check the Damage Formula guide.

Okay, if someone says "it makes no difference", you can't say "that's not helpful", because it is. It doesn't matter which you use. Roost does not negate anything on Latias... so it's exactly the same. Flip a coin.

Life Orb boosts neither. It is a special modifier added later.
What do you mean by a "special modifier added later?" Life Orb does increase the power of the moves. You can look that up on serebii or bulbapedia.

Question for everyone: How many pokes in your team have standard movesets? I have 3. The others I completely made up alone.

cim

While not using bog standard may make you "cooler", specifically limiting yourself to "not standard" is holding yourself back in battle. I mean, if you're building a team and a Lanturn or Grumpig fits perfectly, there's no reason not to use it, but to intentionally limit yourself is against the spirit of competitive play. No one really cares how cool a team is if it loses more often.

No I'm not, I'm curious thats all. I'm not craving attention, you're giving it to me. I can give a shit less about attention.

cim

The part where you said you completely made up alone 3 move sets says otherwise.

If you really want to know, just grab 10 random RMT threads and find out. But remember, standard sets are standard for a reason: Because a group of people all thought the set was good.

The part where you said you completely made up alone 3 move sets says otherwise.

If you really want to know, just grab 10 random RMT threads and find out. But remember, standard sets are standard for a reason: Because a group of people all thought the set was good.
Well I meant it like this: take the standard set for Togekiss which is the para-flinch set. That is the standard set although there are a few others. I used to use a stall Togekiss with protect and toxic. Thats what I meant since the stall set isn't considered standard. I was just curious.

So if I understand correctly, max attack Adamant Salamence does not have 526 attack with a Life Orb, but has 405 attack. Nor is the base power of the moves multiplied by 1.3. So Salamence Outrages Zapdos, and the damage is then multiplied by 1.3?

cim

Yes. It makes a small difference in damage dealt, and all reputable damage calculators reflect that for you. It "basically" has the equivalent of 526 attack, but it's really 1.3x (Damage of 405 Attack Outrage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)