2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

where're all the falcao monaco rumours coming from? It seems pretty unrealistic to me and I've seen nothing on it on the only football website I visit (bbc)

are there any reliable sources backing it up

International Business times, Goal.com and Bleacherreport off the top of my head. Monaco's GK was quoted as saying that there is a "90% chance that Falcao will be joining Monaco."

Heh, you wish. I shall make a more realistic prediction; No top striker is going to Napoli after they lose Cavani.

Heh, you wish. I shall make a more realistic prediction; No top striker is going to Napoli after they lose Cavani.

we are a real team, we make strikers, we dont buy them, because unlike that pathetic club chelsea, we dont need to throw 100 million a season to have a chance at ucl football.

chelsea and their fans are so sad.

Right then, let me rephrase that: I predict that Napoli won't "make" any good striker(s) after Cavani leaves. That's cute, you call us sad to feel better about yourself.

Rey and his insecurities aside, The Mirror says that City have agreed a 54 million deal with Atletico for Falcao and that he is more keen to work with Pellegrini than Mourinho. Definitely seems more plausible than those Monaco rumors. I guess Chelsea will be going after Cavani after all.

^And Chelsea might be a graveyard of coaches but is a wonderful opportunity for players to compete at the highest level and win silverware. Torres was an isolated incident. Mata, Romeu and Cahill won the FA cup and the Champions League in their first season and have followed that up with the Europa League which Hazard, Marin, Oscar, Moses, Azpilicueta and Ba also won in their first season. Mata, Cahill and Oscar are also being recognized by their respective national coaches as a result of this. Lampard, Drogba and Cole are good examples. Their respective careers took major leaps when they signed for Chelsea and they went on to win trophies.

Well it is kinda hard to replace Cavani, alongside Lewandowski and Falcao he is pretty much the best striker going, that is actually half available.

Falcao is owned by a third party company, much like Tevez and Mascherano were when they went to West Ham. He has no say in where he moves Monaco are offering a massive pay day to his investors for pretty much a one year contract and Monaco are all tax dodgers so that's even more money.He will score loads of goals, Monaco will still fail and then everyone involved gets another shit load of money when he moves to PSG or Madrid in another year.

Well it is kinda hard to replace Cavani, alongside Lewandowski and Falcao he is pretty much the best striker going, that is actually half available.
Yes because Lewandowski is better than Ibrahimovic, Van Persie and Suarez.

Anyway I wanted to post and ask if this rumor of Newcastle Chairman giving the players a 1m bonus if they beat arsenal is true..

If so, we may have a good match on our hands :)

I said of those that are possibly available for transfer, Ibra is over 30, only moved a year ago and not many can afford the wages. There is no way RVP will leave United, Suarez has a ton of baggage. Lewandowski is a lot younger then pretty much any other World Class Striker as well.

man still no more smogoners support teams that we play against :( except slim guldo but brighton always beat us fffffffffffffffffff

Woo. That was an exciting game to watch. Nervous throughout the second.

Fuck you..we will celebrate our finish. Well deserved, and what.. 26 pts from 30 to finish the season?

Can't wait for summer and next year. All the divas are gone.. Can only improve now.

Negative thoughts and reverse psychology on myself always works well!

Brilliant performance today like last week, move over Messi we have Howson, great goal from getting ball halfway.

It's ok Shade, you can 4/11 support Norwich in Premier League :)

Great finish to the season, some games (including this one) were pretty ugly, yet we managed to get the wins lol. All that matters is that we're in the Champions League and that we finished ahead of Spurs yet again.

City lost at HOME to NORWICH :D superb.
the 5-5.... fielding reserves... really.

Moyes needs to make a statement of intent and bring in Bale

I got rid of Lukaku 2 matches ago cos he has done jack recently...

So... I think I won the Fantasy league!!! Unbelievable effort! Who was Superstar Spook Club btw? He defo would've won if he didn't stop playing a couple of months ago. And who was Jaja? Good game bro but I was better hehehe :P

I think this thread needs this:

58173063799106288181020.jpg

I can't be the only Barça fan, right?

Back