2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

8th season out of the last 10 that we've finished with at least 20 wins, the other two we finished with 19 wins. Not a great statistic to brag about but still shows consistency from Wenger.

I'm honestly feeling confident for this weekend. We can take 3rd with a Chelsea-Everton draw and a 2-0 win against Newcastle.

Possibly head to head. Although I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere in the rules there is the possibility of a coin toss if everything was exactly evenly matched lol!

If two or more teams have equal points the following tiebreakers shall be employed: Goal Difference, Goals scored, Play-off at neutral venue (champion or relegation places only).

If it finishes 0-0 and 2-1, then both teams will be at 73 goals scored. I'm guessing the next tiebreaker is goals against, and with one goal given up both teams would be at 38 goals given up. What next???

if liverpool can 6-0 the zebras im confident gunners can at least drop a dozen, so no need for complicated scenarios.

gunners dont like complications

That does make it seem easy. But Newcastle lives to fuck us over.

I still believe we will lose and fuck it all up.

But if Spurs lose or tie. It doesn't fucking matter.

Rule C.14. If at the end of the Season either the League Champions or the Clubs to be relegated or the question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because 2 or more Clubs are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored, the Clubs concerned shall play off one or more deciding League Matches on neutral grounds, the format, timing and venue of which shall be determined by the Board.

BPL Player of the Season: Wayne Rooney
Golden Boot Winner: Sergio Aguero
Golden Glove Winner: Joe Hart
Coach of the Year: Arsene Wenger
Home Kit of the Year: 2012/13 Chelsea
Breakout Player of the Year: Laurent Koscielny
Newcomer of the Year: Eden Hazard

Oh how wrong I was...

Back