Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the names will be THAT obvious and punny; most Pokemon, especially Gen III and IV Pokemon, have name origins that I wouldn't have recognized. They might have ONE obvious word, but the other will probably be a small part of an English word or a part of an uncommon English word or might have a part of a word from another language or something.

i really didnt liked those fan evolutions for flying pig, feel that if he is going to be a wild boar then he need to look fiercy and be pretty fucking big, bigger then torterra.

I don't think the names will be THAT obvious and punny; most Pokemon, especially Gen III and IV Pokemon, have name origins that I wouldn't have recognized. They might have ONE obvious word, but the other will probably be a small part of an English word or a part of an uncommon English word or might have a part of a word from another language or something.

Um...

"Squirtle"
"Charmander"
"Rapidash"
"Slowpoke"
"Camerupt"
"Beautifly"
"Wingull"
"Slakoth"

All of those are pretty darn obvious.

overkill? no, that is just being plain dumb.

we could use a mawile evolution though, i would love to see her with all stats boosted by 20 points each.

Breloom really does not need an evo. It has great atk coupled with a couple of decent movesets that is balanced by a subpar speed and mediocre typing. It already sits comfortably in its own niche in OU. I mean, what else could you possibly give it?

Breloom really does not need an evo. It has great atk coupled with a couple of decent movesets that is balanced by a subpar speed and mediocre typing. It already sits comfortably in its own niche in OU. I mean, what else could you possibly give it?

Exactly......anyway I was happy to see that Zorua evolves to Zoruark , Im looking forward to legendaries that evolve!

Drapion only has 60 Base SpAtk so it would only be able to hit as hard as something with 115 Base with that move. While that is powerful, it wouldn't have the ability to use any other special moves effectively and splitting its EVs would make it less effective (and it still probably wouldn't be able to take out Skarmory).

That brings up another point, though. Drapion would probably be the best counter for this move because it has Battle Armor and a resistance to Dark.

Well, what's to stop this new move from being physical? And even if it was special, Kingdra could also get it and make it work better off of his higher SpA stat.

All in all, I don't think auto-critical hit is a good idea, even if the distribution was low.

Infernape, Blaziken, Toxicroak, Leafeon and Beautifly would like a word with you.

That can happens he can do, because of trollfreak will give already good pokemon an pointless or overpowerd evo.You remember when dusclops and rhyhorn got a evo? They have already high stats and gets an evo who not makes them better because of dusknoir have non good STAB and rhyperior still have crappy speed, sp.def and typing. Im not gonna be surprised if trollfreak give us a skarmory evo, a breloom evo and a forretress evo this gen and make then so overpowerd for ubers... -__-

Well, what's to stop this new move from being physical? And even if it was special, Kingdra could also get it and make it work better off of his higher SpA stat.

All in all, I don't think auto-critical hit is a good idea, even if the distribution was low.

The move was specifically mentioned to be special so I assumed it would be (and the point of the move was to destroy CMers). If it were physical, it would essentially be a recharge free Giga Impact that Drapion also gets STAB on, which, I admit, could be broken (although, the standard Skarmory won't be 2HKO'd on average by a +2 Jolly Drapion with this move so it would probably just become OU). I don't think Kingdra would actually use it since it's only slightly more powerful than a STAB Surf and Water and Dragon already get nearly perfect coverage.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree with the idea of an auto-crit move because I can't see how it would be broken unless it was given to a Pokemon with Technician or Sniper.

Edit: @ Gyrospoke: The main thing that Rhyperior has over Rhydon is Solid Rock. They wouldn't have been able to give Rhydon Solid Rock because it already has two abilities. Dusknoir has 30 more Atk than Dusclops and Dusclops has the same terrible STAB that Dusknoir has. IMO, the only reason Dusclops was used so much in ADV was the fact that it was the only remotely bulky Ghost. In DP, we got Spiritomb and in Platinum, we got Rotom-A which would have given Dusclops serious competition. The only thing that ADV Dusclops has over DPPt Dusknoir is Shadow Ball, which would have been made special regardless.

Who else is feeling the need for a Mawile evo? It's got an amazing movepool, ability, and typing. The only let down is it's stats, which is an easy fix. What do you think?

Exactly......anyway I was happy to see that Zorua evolves to Zoruark , Im looking forward to legendaries that evolve!
If Zorua evolves into Zoroark, I think it's likely that they aren't legendary at all.

Here's my theory: In the past, all new non-legendary Pokémon have been available in one of the two games that started off a generation. (Red/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl) For a given generation, each version had some Pokémon that the other version didn't.

When the third game came out, it would always have some of the Pokémon that were previously unique to each version, but not all of them.

Let's take the 4th generation as an example. Diamond had Skuntank, Honchkrow, and Rampardos. Pearl had Purugly, Mismagius, and Bastiodon. Platinum had both Rampardos and Bastiodon, but not Skuntank, Honchkrow, Purugly, or Mismagius.

So the upshot is that there are Pokémon that are unique to Diamond and Pokémon that are unique to Pearl, but none that are unique to Platinum.

I'm guessing that GameFreak's mixing it up and that Zorua and Zoroark are going to be unique to the third version in the 5th generation. But they don't want to make people wait longer to use them legally, so they're releasing them via event before that. That's just my best guess.

If Zorua evolves into Zoroark, I think it's likely that they aren't legendary at all.

Here's my theory: In the past, all new non-legendary Pokémon have been available in one of the two games that started off a generation. (Red/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl) For a given generation, each version had some Pokémon that the other version didn't.

When the third game came out, it would always have some of the Pokémon that were previously unique to each version, but not all of them.

Let's take the 4th generation as an example. Diamond had Skuntank, Honchkrow, and Rampardos. Pearl had Purugly, Mismagius, and Bastiodon. Platinum had both Rampardos and Bastiodon, but not Skuntank, Honchkrow, Purugly, or Mismagius.

So the upshot is that there are Pokémon that are unique to Diamond and Pokémon that are unique to Pearl, but none that are unique to Platinum.

I'm guessing that GameFreak's mixing it up and that Zorua and Zoroark are going to be unique to the third version in the 5th generation. But they don't want to make people wait longer to use them legally, so they're releasing them via event before that. That's just my best guess.

Well yeah you do have a point , but theyre making a movie for it....I mean all the movies so far had to do with legendaries , the only psuedo-legendary there was Lucario.(He's not psuedo-legendary in game , but in the movie he was considered a legend)

EDIT:Btw If you can understand a little japaneese and checked out Pokemon Sunday vids im pretty sure they introduced Zorua and its Shinkamanie Zoroark(or something like that as I heard it)where "Shinka" means evolution , I think the whole term means "it's evolution" or something.

breloom needs an evolution.
Guess you guys don't know a troll when you see one..
Well yeah you do have a point , but theyre making a movie for it....I mean all the movies so far had to do with legendaries , the only psuedo-legendary there was Lucario.(He's not psuedo-legendary in game , but in the movie he was considered a legend)

EDIT:Btw If you can understand a little japaneese and checked out Pokemon Sunday vids im pretty sure they introduced Zorua and its Shinkamanie Zoroark(or something like that as I heard it)where "Shinka" means evolution , I think the whole term means "it's evolution" or something.
This doesn't support your point lol. There is precedent for a movie based on a non-legendary Pokemon, so just because Zoroark has a movie doesn't by any means make him a legendary Pokemon.

Who else is feeling the need for a Mawile evo? It's got an amazing movepool, ability, and typing. The only let down is it's stats, which is an easy fix. What do you think?

Lol you must be joking, the stats are the most difficult shit to fix exactly because they cannot be changed. Mawile has the typing, ability and movepool already, she just needs a (cute) evolution with better stats and she's set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back