Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any bets on what the meme Pokemon of this gen will be?

Well, the only actual meme Pokemon was Mudkip in Gen III, but I'm sure I can find others. Dunsparce in Gen II, maybe?
You forgot "shiny Pidgey" and "Fuck Yeah Seaking!"

For the record I hate the name Smugleaf. I don't know if he is supposed to look smug, but his Pokedex entry says he is intelligent and calm. So maybe that is just a relaxed look. But anyway, the whole Smugleaf and Sadotter thing feels forced. And not remotely funny.

But anyway, the whole Smugleaf and Sadotter thing feels forced. And not remotely funny.

There's also Wotter, Hamlet, and Pignition, as well as dozens of other names that make me wonder where were 4th Gen's fannames were on the Internet (Aside from, y'know, Slutbuni *sighs*).

How is it highly speculated? Somebody thought it up because of his appearance and some people decided to refer to him as that, because it's apparently too hard to memorize "Tsutarja".

Where's everyone getting the R from anyway? I thought it was Tsutaja.

Also, don't forget Bacon and Boarbeque.

Clear Body prevents stats lowered due to the opponents moves, not the users. the stat drop inflicted has nothing to do with the move itself, but the ability only blocking opponent inflicted stat drops.

people seem to be forgetting that all these abilities only block effects/stat drops when the opponent uses them. they don't block the user from doing them, because the ability itself doesn't work that way. Encourage, however, could very well work like this. it could also not. we have no way of telling how the specifics will work, since the game isn't out yet. even if we did tests with the current coding to clear up this secondary effect dilemma, the coding of said moves/abilities could very well change in Gen 5 to contradict our results.

Well duh, and I even mentioned before that this is all theorymon. Gen V mechanics could differ from Gen IV mechanics a lot, just like Gen IV differed from Gen III (mainly phys/spec split, but whatever). If the ability works in our current Gen IV system, then Encourage won't stop SpA drops or recharge turns. But, assuming that it works in our Gen IV system is a bad assumption, so you really can't say anything about the ability until the game comes out, because I doubt they'd give pre-game mechanics.

There's also Wotter, Hamlet, and Pignition, as well as dozens of other names that make me wonder where were 4th Gen's fannames were on the Internet (Aside from, y'know, Slutbuni *sighs*).

...Slutbuni?

Do I live under a damn rock or something? The only Gen V starter name I am even remotely familar with is Wotter, and someone only came up with that because Mijumaru (yes, I memorized the name) is a Water Otter. <_<

Where's everyone getting the R from anyway? I thought it was Tsutaja.

The R is part of Tsutarja's official romanization.

tsutarja.com, pokabu.com and mijumaru.com all redirect to a reserved domain.
tsutaaja.com and tsutaja.com do not.

This indicates that the top three names are official romanizations, and the bottom two aren't.

...Slutbuni?

Lopunny

Do I live under a damn rock or something? The only Gen V starter name I am even remotely familar with is Wotter, and someone only came up with that because Mijumaru (yes, I memorized the name) is a Water Otter. <_<

I think most of the names were made shortly after the starters were revealed and you might not have been looking in this thread at that point. I never saw anyone post Hamlet, though.

Edit: @ Zowayix: That makes sense.

Any bets on what the meme Pokemon of this gen will be?

Well, the only actual meme Pokemon was Mudkip in Gen III, but I'm sure I can find others. Dunsparce in Gen II, maybe?

Does Magicarp count? Or Pikachu? Forced meme and all. Also, Seaking, Missingno/'m, phases and stuff...?

Edit: WOW, this thread is fast.

Annyway, I was just going through my really old copy of Diamond that I haven't played since.. '07. Lumineon was on my team. Who else thinks that it desperately needs an evolution? ..or an actual movepool? I think Lumineon has one of the worst movepools I can actually remember. It's a really cool Pokemon, so it would be great if it had any use..

heracross evo? no thanks. heracross is one of those pokemons made to not have a evolution in the first place, check out his stats and movepool.

clearly something that would be uber if evolved, and dont come with the metagame talk because the problem is not the pokemon, its the metagame.

heracross evo? no thanks. heracross is one of those pokemons made to not have a evolution in the first place, check out his stats and movepool.

clearly something that would be uber if evolved, and dont come with the metagame talk because the problem is not the pokemon, its the metagame.

Maybe it could have a Scyther-Scizor or Porygon2-Porygon-Z type evo. Although Pinsir deserves it way more than Heracross.

bettles got powerful horns(high atack) and hard carapase(good defenses and hp) but are not exactly the faster animals out there(average speed), get my point? pinsir is on the same boat.

Obviously, all of the completely useless Pokemon like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc need evos but I think Gamefreak made them to troll us and wants them to suck. The Pokemon that I think most needs an evo and is most likely to get on is Pachirisu. It doesn't really fall into the category that Farfetch'd and Luvdisc are in because it's available in the wild reletively early in the game. In my mind, it's very similar to Yanma, in that, they both are available at around the same time in their respective games and both of them are uncommon animals (ok, yeah, squirrels are pretty common but there's only one of them in Pokemon).

I think that Pachirisu should evolve into an Electric/Flying flying squirrel. Here's what I have for it:

Type: Electric/Flying
Abilities: Serene Grace/Pickup
HP: 80 (+20)
Atk: 55 (+10)
Def: 80 (+10)
SpAtk: 100 (+55)
SpDef: 100 (+10)
Spe: 110 (+15)
BST: 525 (+120)

The only moves I could see it getting that Pachirisu doesn't already have are Air Slash, Roost, and Heat Wave. Serene Grace as well as STAB on Discharge and Air Slash could make it one of the best ParaFlinchers and it could use support moves like Super Fang, Roost, U-turn, Encore, and Light Screen. Offesive sets could use any combination of Thuderbolt, Air Slash, HP Ice, Grass Knot, Heat Wave, and U-turn and a Choice Scarf set can easily revenge kill DD Salamence with HP Ice.

I have a feeling that they'd base it off of a Japanese Giant Flying Squirrel, specifically.

Absol wants an evo with like 15 or 20 more base Speed. Then (s)he'd be completely set, tying or outspeeding Lucario, and packing STAB Sucker Punch and decent coverage via Megahorn/Psycho Cut.

Oh, and Super Luck + Night Slash = Win.

Obviously, all of the completely useless Pokemon like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc need evos but I think Gamefreak made them to troll us and wants them to suck. The Pokemon that I think most needs an evo and is most likely to get on is Pachirisu. It doesn't really fall into the category that Farfetch'd and Luvdisc are in because it's available in the wild reletively early in the game. In my mind, it's very similar to Yanma, in that, they both are available at around the same time in their respective games and both of them are uncommon animals (ok, yeah, squirrels are pretty common but there's only one of them in Pokemon).

I think that Pachirisu should evolve into an Electric/Flying flying squirrel. Here's what I have for it:

The only moves I could see it getting that Pachirisu doesn't already have are Air Slash, Roost, and Heat Wave. Serene Grace as well as STAB on Discharge and Air Slash could make it one of the best ParaFlinchers and it could use support moves like Super Fang, Roost, U-turn, Encore, and Light Screen. Offesive sets could use any combination of Thuderbolt, Air Slash, HP Ice, Grass Knot, Heat Wave, and U-turn and a Choice Scarf set can easily revenge kill DD Salamence with HP Ice.

I have a feeling that they'd base it off of a Japanese Giant Flying Squirrel, specifically.

That seems like an interesting idea, oddly enough.
Hm, I could see Pachirisu getting an evo

The confusion from Outrage, for example, is not a secondary effect. The only way the confusion from Outrage can be changed is via an external force, meaning an ability (Own Tempo) or an item (Lum Berry). Otherwise, you are guaranteed to get that confusion after two or three Outrages.

There's Safeguard too.

Slutbuni, Landshark (Garchomp), Infernalrape (when the US versions were about to come out and Serebii revealed their translated names one month before release), Bibarel roll, MOJAMBO, and that was it.

That'd be a hell of a support Pokemon, surely putting Zapdos out of business.

There's Safeguard too.

Slutbuni, Landshark (Garchomp), Infernalrape (when the US versions were about to come out and Serebii revealed their translated names one month before release), Bibarel roll, MOJAMBO, and that was it.

Geez, I really want to see the gen 4 speculation thread. It would be so funny reading through all of it.
Is it still around locked somewhere? :o

Yeah, besides the fact Zapdos is bulkier and far more powerful..

MUKKUHAWK USED IN FIGHT!

Zapdos isn't all that bulky, to be honest, it's the fantastic typing. With all those support options and Serene Grace, the only thing Zapdos could be useful for would be a set abusing Pressure (Substitute + Toxic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back