Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Trick Room is in play and two auto-weather Pokemon are sent out at the same time, which weather overtakes the other? The one with the higher speed stat or lower speed stat?

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure Ditto's old stats are displayed if you go into summary and you wouldn't be able to find out the opponent's HP anyway.
(Tests) ah shucks, you're right. Well, not the first time my sniffer's led me astray.

64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe is the spread for as a Choice Band Gyarados... could the similar 64 HP/252 Special Attack/192 Speed be used on a modest Choice Specs Milotic?

Also, does my Timid Milotic want a scarf, a specs, or a life orb? I'm using a 31/31/31/30/31/31 Timid one in OU with 252 SPA and 252SPE...

I had a max def-spread mudkip who is impish. However, I dunno if I want to go full def-spread since there are plenty of special attackers out there that can dent swampert pretty well. Should I focus on equal def/spd or should I put most in def and some in spd? like say 152 def 106 spd? How much EV in DEF should I have at minimum?

How exactly does Truant work on Slaking?

If he moves on the first turn, can he switch out on the next turn? If he can, and he switches back in later, will he be able to move, or will he loaf around?

Also, what happens if Slaking uses Hyper Beam?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

If he moves on the first turn, can he switch out on the next turn? If he can, and he switches back in later, will he be able to move, or will he loaf around?

If it switches out, the next time it switches in it can use a move like normal, and if Slaking uses Hyper Beam he will not be able to switch out or attack the next turn.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Azbycx said:

Yes, he can switch out.

He will be able to move.

He will not be able to switch out the next turn. He will be forced to stay in and recharge.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Coronis.

Retarded Newb here.

Could any kind soul please point me in the proper direction, for where I would ask for RNG help?

This is the second time I've advanced the RNG 1370 times for a properly IV'd Riolu, and I thought it might be a good idea to ask the experts and veterans over here, by explaining in detail my recording process (how I'm tallying my Journal Flips), what's on my journal pages, etc, in hopes of finding out what I did wrong.

Thanks again.

Back to the Truant question. Does the recharge stage overwrite Truant? Or is truant postponed to the third turn?

@Coronis Grats on your thousandth post XD

At least in generation 3, I had the following notes for Truant:

For Truant, a variable, X, begins at 0 for each active Pokemon. At the end of each round, if the Pokemon has Truant and it was active since after commands were chosen during that round, X is set to 0 if it equals 1, or to 1 if it equals 0. At the Pokemon's turn, a "Truant check" is made after the sleep and freeze checks, and before the confusion check. If the Pokemon has Truant and X equals 1, the Pokemon "is loafing around" and skips its attack this round. (Any attack it could have used is prevented from being used.) A Pokemon's value for X is reset to 0 when it is replaced, and does not change whenever the Pokemon loses or gains Truant.

How are you going to get a Pokemon to breed with another Pokemon when they have the same gender? I think there's about a 1 in 48 chance that the Pokemon will have the same SpAtk, SpDef, and Speed as the parents so breeding two Pokemon that have HP Grass together has a decent chance of producing a baby that also has HP Grass.

@ Ford: Trasform makes the user copy all of the opponent's stats besides HP. I don't think it even bothers with Base Stats, EVs, and IVs (at least not since Gen 2 with the shiny Ditto glitch) and just copies the actual stats of the opponent.
Oh sorry, I have a Shiny Porygon but I don't want to be shiny so I tought I might breed it with a copy of himself since he is genderless...so 1 out of 48 eggs will also have HP Grass? hmm If I attack an Everstone to one of them will he also transfer his nature?

Oh sorry, I have a Shiny Porygon but I don't want to be shiny so I tought I might breed it with a copy of himself since he is genderless...so 1 out of 48 eggs will also have HP Grass? hmm If I attack an Everstone to one of them will he also transfer his nature?
You can't breed two genderless Pokemon together. They are only compatible with Ditto.

I'm sure this has been answered before but I've read a few pages and haven't seen anything...

How do the Power items work when breeding in HG/SS? I have a flawless HP Murkrow with Power Weight and a flawless Def. with the Power Belt, but only one IV gets passed each time, and sometimes neither gets passed. What's going on?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm sure this has been answered before but I've read a few pages and haven't seen anything...

How do the Power items work when breeding in HG/SS? I have a flawless HP Murkrow with Power Weight and a flawless Def. with the Power Belt, but only one IV gets passed each time, and sometimes neither gets passed. What's going on?
If both parents hold a Power Item, only one is chosen to be passed on.
We're not exactly sure yet why neither gets passed yet, however.

If both parents hold a Power Item, only one is chosen to be passed on.
We're not exactly sure yet why neither gets passed yet, however.
I'm assuming it could be a failsafe if both parents are holding the same item. (e.g, Salamence with a 31 Attack IV breeding with a Kingdra with a 28 Attack IV, the game doesn't know which to pass on so it passes on neither). Not sure why it doesn't work with different items, though.

People keep telling me to use Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse on Lucario, but if they have pretty much the same coverage and the same power, then what makes Shadow Ball objectively better than Dark Pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)