Resource Solomods Megathread

Hello, I'm back with hopefully a more refreshing take on a Solomod, one that focuses less on randomly banning stuff or randomly adding stuff from later Gens and instead focuses on an existing metagame with some OM-like shenanigans. Without further ado, I bring you

[Gen 3] OU: Totems (No, not the Alola totems)​

In this mod of [Gen 3] OU, nickname your Pokemon another Pokemon's name. This gives you net 25 pts of stat changes, replaces your Ability with the "Totem Ability" if your Pokemon is shiny, gives you an "Innate Move" that is run as a fifth move, and the ability to run one move (the "Totem Move") from a selection of 3 new moves. For example, nicknaming your Gyarados "Tyranitar" gives you +15 Atk, +10 Def, +5 HP, +5 SpD, -10 Spe, Sand Stream if shiny, Rock Slide, and the ability to run either Earthquake, Fire Blast, or Crunch. If you don't nickname your Pokemon, you'll still be affected by the stat changes and pick up the fifth move. Pokemon generally don't receive moves I deem overpowered like Baton Pass, Spikes, Rapid Spin, boom, sleep, burn, stat-boosting moves, phasing, Taunt, or recovery. Dugtrio Totem is banned in OU because of Arena Trap, and Magneton Totem is banned in OU because of Magnet Pull.

Additionally, these Totem Abilities can only be Totem Abilities once:
Levitate
Natural Cure
Intimidate

Potential hot sets:
:ss/heracross: :ss/tyranitar:
Heracross (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Innate Move: Brick Break
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
:ss/starmie: :ss/zapdos:
Starmie (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
Innate Move: Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
:ss/jirachi: :ss/jynx:
Jirachi (Jynx) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Innate Move: Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Lovely Kiss

Special thanks to Genuine_Angus_B33F for giving me feedback on this. Also, what I would like to do, if at all possible, is after some playtesting (and a couple months go by), release the UUBL mons in a separate update. (This mod has not been coded yet.)

Spreadsheet

Last edited:
ADV Tradebacks

Mascot:
:feebas:

Link to Changes

Summary
The metagame is a what-if scenario where NatDex Pokemon can be traded back to Gen 3 to use moves and abilities they learn later, if those moves and abilities exist in Gen 3.

For example: Chlorophyll Weather Ball Venusaur is legal. Sap Sipper Chilling Water Azumarill is illegal. Levitate Crunch Hydreigon is illegal.

Playability
You can challenge custom games with Gen 3 mechanics and unrestricted moves/abilities in PS and figure out what sets are legal from there. Here's the command:

/chal [user], gen 3 ou @@@ !obtainable moves, !obtainable abilities

It would be nice to have the tier playable officially somewhere with a working validator, although I know coding movesets can be complicated.

Other Rules
Provisionally, Blaziken, Drought and Drizzle are banned. Blaziken gets newfound access to Swords Dance and Speed Boost, and wide unpredictable coverage, while weather wars permanently boosting attack power is expected to be too much (for example, look at Gen 5 and consider that the power level of the rest of the tier is considerably lower).

Deoxys-S could be considered for an unban - the proliferation of Superpower and Spikes means it has fewer unique tools, the rest of the tier is catching up.

Pokemon cannot be traded forward so no Rapid Spin Golem. This could be reconsidered but it's for keeping the rules simple and intuitive with the title.

Meta
See the "Winners" tab of the sheet for new options I've found so far. Weather Ball, Knock Off, Dragon Dance and Superpower are now much more readily available - the latter I suspect Tyranitar and Blissey won't appreciate. Quagsire and Venusaur seem to be the biggest winners - the former gains Spikes and Recover while the latter gains Chlorophyll and Weather Ball to make it a more frightening Sunny Day Sweeper. Metagross won't like Swampert gaining Damp or Quagsire entering the tier, and Jirachi stole its signature move - making the Mixed set look much more interesting. A couple of unusual options like Gardevoir and Steelix get small new buffs.

If you have any ideas for sets using new tools that aren't on the Winners tab, let me know, and when I see I'll add them.
Baton Pass is now restricted to dry passing in ADV Tradebacks. Jirachi, already one of the best pokemon in the tier, had the ability to pass a myriad of stats to other pokemon between Iron Defense, Calm Mind and 20% Meteor Mash. Relevant Eeveelutions like Jolteon now have the ability to pass Calm Mind, and there are even a few other buffed pokemon which can use it like Gligar, Clefable and Scizor - all of this warps the metagame as phasers are threatened to be worn down.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Servus, here we are again for ROPMM. Here's a vote for September's iteration. You will vote for a PetMod first and then an OM rule, similar to ROA Spotlight.

As for the random format, we have: ReGeneration AAA!

Lastly, I wanted to announce that FESV Camomons and Alternatium EX Flipped will last until one or two weeks into September. These formats didn't have a chance to get played, therefore I will extend their duration.

Name of Mod: RBY Moonside (gen1moonside)
Mascot (notOptional):
1693058183256.png

Link to Changes: DH2/data/mods/gen1moonside

Summary of the Mod: This is a perfectly normal not bizarre solomod of RBY, with custom sprites, new moves, movepools, and a pecuilar direction focused on interesting concepts.
What can you expect?
1693058376818.png

Stuff like this.

Competitive Overview (Optional): Pikachu has Snorlax's stats so it's sure to be an intimidating monster that can easily fit onto teams, however I think it might face some issues with Kakuna, who has 255 special and is a psychic type.... And that mohawk...
1693058572389.png

What a monster.

~

Did I do this post right

ViZar

your toast is burned
:sv/unown:Rotational Other Pet Mod Metagames:sv/unown:

This is an idea I had for a longer time but I hadn't had a chance to do this. You can already guess what this is all about. Rotational Other Pet Mod Metagames, or ROPMM for short, will add a precise of a OM to a Pet Mod. There will be two kinds of this, a random format determined by randomizing a Pet Mod and a OM and the other will be a community choice that is voted in.

Here's the list of all Pet Mods and OMs that are going to be used.
Hoenn Gaiden
Vaporemons
Fusion Evolution SV
Poketypos
Alternatium EX
Megas Revisited
Almost Any Ability
STABmons
Mix and Mega
Shared Power
Inheritance
Camomons
Pokébilities
Flipped

For those who are curious, if a OM and Pet Mod do not work well, it gets rerolled for the random format. Hopefully community choices won't have problems like this.

For the random format we have: Alternatium Flipped
As for the community vote, I haven't figured how to make it completely based on votes. Therefore I randomly chose FESV as the base Pet Mod and you can vote the OM to pair it with.

New formats will be selected either August or September, depending on how the formats are received.​
Retiring ROPMM. It was a nice idea, but it seems like all interest has evaporated entirely. It also does not help that almost all combinations can be played with via challenge code. There's no point in adding an entirely new format.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's also an update on Roovnen.

First off, there are some more ability changes and a move change before we head to bans

1. Ability Changes

:klinklang::garganacl: Clear Body :metagross::tentacruel:
Clear Body now prevents self-inflicted stat drops. This is a little buff and it only really benefits one allowed Pokemon, but the buff can open up some good strategies. Metagross is currently the only Pokemon that benefits from the buff. Hammer Arm got buffed to 120 BP, so Metagross can spam Hammer Arm without drawback. Also I know that Dragapult will be broken with that change, but it isn't here (yet) so it only affects NatDex formats.

:polteageist: Cursed Body :marowak-alola:
The 30% chance to inflict Disable has been changed to a 10% chance to inflict Curse. This is seems wack and it kinda is, but there are only 3 fully evolved Pokemon in the meta, that can use this effect. And then, Polteageist prefers Weak Armor, Marowak-Alola is weak to SR and doesn't heal and the new Pokemon Prehuck prefers Heavy Shoulders. It is useful but hard to justify over their over options. Also Dragapult gets it. Yeah NatDex will be fun.

:cofagrigus: Mummy and Wandering Spirit :runerigus:
The abilities activate before the Pokemon is hit by a contact move. This makes them completely hard counter Scrappy and some Guts Pokemon. This allows them to be more effective as defensive Pokemon. This won't make them staples in OU, but they will have extremely valuable niches.

2. Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock got a rework. It will still do 1/8 of damage towards neutral targets, but the damage for resists and weaknesses have been changed. The old formula made it so that the damage ranged from 1/32 -> 1/16 -> 1/8 -> 1/4 -> 1/2. Now the formula has been changed to 1/12 -> 1/10 -> 1/8 -> 1/6 -> 1/4. This keeps Stealth Rock as a solid option against neutral targets still but it closes the disparity between SR weak and resistant Pokemon. The types that weak are not good types on their own and the opposite is true for the resistant types, essentially it's a rich get richer situation and I wanted to reduce the benefit that those Pokemon have.

3. Bans

- Phoenuss: This Pokemon was the best offensive support and it did not one thing better, it did both great. Its stats are solid all around, having decent bulk and offenses. However, it has absurd moves in U-turn, Close Combat, Defog, Healing Wish, Revival Blessing, Taunt and great STABs in Brave Bird, Pyro Ball and Sacred Fire. Rebirth also makes every match a 6.5v6 and if it decides to run Revival Blessing, it is potentially a 7v6. Therefore, it is quickbanned.

- Dracovish: Dracovish got a nerf, where Fishious Rend is resisted by Ice and Cofagrigus removes Strong Jaw before taking damage. However, it still hits hard and it can resort to Sand Rush to chip Ice-types and outrun more Pokemon. There is not much else to it. It does Dracovish things and that's pretty much it.

- Baxcalibur: It was already on the edge of being broken with the Ice-type changes but the Stealth Rock rework makes it overbearing now, since it looses less half on switch in now. Some item buffs like Wide Lens and Shell Bell and new items in Thermal Jacket and Collection Bag make it harder to deal with. The removal of Tera significantly hurt it, but the other buffs make up for it.

- Bredoom, Frosgross, Latakuno: Three of the corrupted Pokemon here and these three are the best of them. Bredoom has a great offensive typing, Frosgross has Quiver Dance and Latakuno has STAB Dark moves. Corruption is really strong and eventhough, the three Warriors are immune to the effect, they are unable to beat these three.

- Mranovo: Not allowing the use of Status moves is really absurd honestly. This is the best Stallbreaker there is and it isn't weak on the offense. It has solid bulk, a good attack and while it's speed isn't great, it has Sucker Punch for faster Pokemon.

(whoops, forgot home additions)
- Shaymin-Sky: This Pokemon is really fast and it has Hax. The meta might be fat enough to tank its hits but it can cheese its way through its checks. Also, Stealth Rock does less damage to it.

- Zygarde: Stealth Rock deals more damage to it, Paralysis got nerfed and Ice resist its Thousand Arrows now, but it is like Skymin, where it can cheese its way through. Paralysis is still obnoxious and it can heal SR damage behind a sub. I don't want the meta to be a battle between Substitute Set-Up Sweepers, therefore it is banned.

- Melmetal: It is similar to Radriss but it does way more damage, has priority, Spin and buffed elemental Punches. Its offensive is what seperates it from Radriss and it is too much for now.

Lastly, there's a little annoucement. Since creating a moveset for every Pokemon is really time consuming, I decided to enable Home transfers for older Pokemon. Making it easier to play the meta. A few Pokemon also got buffed since they lost Knock Off, Defog and other useful moves but now they have access to them again. After creating movepools and testing the mod on the new server, I will host an introdruction tour for the mod followed by a tour with a prize money (probably). So stay tuned for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: R8

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
7 months into Gen 9 the guy who runs the solomod forum finally submits a mod, that's crazy

Anyway, this actually wasn't the mod I initially planned to release first, as I've actually been working on one on and off for like the entire year lol, but I'm gonna sit on for just a bit longer and am gonna release this fun I idea I had instead.
Name of Mod: VGC by RNG
Mascot::iron bundle:
Link to Changes: Here
Summary of the Mod: Inspired by the Gen 8 Pet Mod Random Dex, I randomly generated a list of ~100 fully evolved Pokemon (+10 restricted mons, but they aren't legal yet) to be legal in a Gen 9 VGC format, with the goal of seeing what would rise to the top in such a limited metagame and what usually useless mons could find a place in the absence of stronger options. Unlike in Random Dex, some changes to moves, items, and abilities were made before the list of mons was generated, with more changes (including Pokemon changes) to come after playtesting, which'll also be necessary to tone down anything broken as you can't ban anything in VGC. The metagame is based on Gen 9's regional dex, so Terastalization is legal (using DH's implementation of it that uses your Pokemon's Hidden Power type), and no Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, or Dynamax. Movepools for mons not in SV were made manually using their most recent level-up and egg moves, then adding any moves they could previously learn that are TMs in SV.
Competitive Overview: The meta is obviously in its infancy, I haven't even really done any playtesting, but a couple things look pretty wild already, which I'll detail in the spoilers below. Even if you don't play VGC at all, I would love it if you tried out the metagame once it goes live after the next server restart, so be sure to read all the stuff below if you wanna try it out!
All Legal Fully Evolved Pokemon
:abomasnow::arboliva::audino::barraskewda::beautifly::bellibolt::bouffalant::brute bonnet::bruxish::cacturne::camerupt::celesteela::clawitzer::claydol::cloyster::cobalion::comfey::copperajah::corsola::corviknight::cursola::dachsbun::dracovish::drapion::dustox::eelektross::enamorus::enamorus-therian::fearow::forretress::froslass::furret::garbodor::glalie::gliscor::golisopod::golurk::greedent::hawlucha::heatmor::hitmonlee::hitmontop::hitmonchan::houndstone::illumise::infernape::iron bundle::iron moth::jumpluff::kingdra::klawf::klinklang::lapras::latios::lickilicky::lucario::mamoswine::medicham::milotic::mothim::nidoking::nidoqueen::oranguru::orthworm::parasect::passimian::pawmot::perrserker::persian::persian-alola::plusle::politoed::poliwrath::pyroar::pyukumuku::quaquaval::raikou::rhyperior::sceptile::seismitoad::shuckle::silvally::skarmory::skeledirge::slaking::slurpuff::spinda::tapu koko::tatsugiri::thievul::ting-lu::togedemaru::tropius::tsareena::tyranitar::ursaluna::veluza::volcarona::whimsicott::wigglytuff::wobbuffet::wo-chien::wormadam::wormadam-sandy::wormadam-trash::xatu:

:beautifly::dustox::forretress::golisopod::illumise::mothim::parasect::shuckle::silvally::volcarona::wormadam::wormadam-sandy::wormadam-trash:
:brute bonnet::cacturne::drapion::persian-alola::silvally::thievul::ting-lu::tyranitar::wo-chien:
:dracovish::kingdra::latios::silvally::tatsugiri:
:bellibolt::eelektross::pawmot::plusle::raikou::silvally::tapu koko::togedemaru:
:comfey::dachsbun::enamorus::enamorus-therian::silvally::slurpuff::tapu koko::whimsicott::wigglytuff:
:cobalion::hawlucha::hitmonlee::hitmontop::hitmonchan::infernape::lucario::medicham::passimian::pawmot::poliwrath::quaquaval::silvally:
:camerupt::heatmor::infernape::iron moth::pyroar::silvally::skeledirge::volcarona:
:beautifly::celesteela::corviknight::enamorus::enamorus-therian::fearow::gliscor::hawlucha::jumpluff::mothim::silvally::skarmory::tropius::xatu:
:cursola::froslass::golurk::houndstone::silvally::skeledirge:
:abomasnow::arboliva::brute bonnet::cacturne::jumpluff::parasect::sceptile::silvally::tropius::tsareena::whimsicott::wo-chien::wormadam:
:camerupt::claydol::gliscor::golurk::mamoswine::nidoking::nidoqueen::rhyperior::seismitoad::silvally::ting-lu::ursaluna::wormadam-sandy:
:abomasnow::cloyster::froslass::glalie::iron bundle::lapras::mamoswine::silvally:
:arboliva::audino::bouffalant::fearow::furret::greedent::lickilicky::oranguru::persian::pyroar::silvally::slaking::spinda::ursaluna::wigglytuff:
:drapion::dustox::garbodor::iron moth::nidoking::nidoqueen::silvally:
:bruxish::claydol::latios::medicham::oranguru::silvally::veluza::wobbuffet::xatu:
:corsola::klawf::rhyperior::shuckle::silvally::tyranitar:
:celesteela::cobalion::copperajah::corviknight::forretress::klinklang::lucario::orthworm::perrserker::silvally::skarmory::togedemaru::wormadam-trash:
:barraskewda::bruxish::clawitzer::cloyster::corsola::dracovish::golisopod::iron bundle::kingdra::lapras::milotic::politoed::poliwrath::pyukumuku::quaquaval::seismitoad::silvally::tatsugiri::veluza:
The Brokens
:iron bundle:Iron Bundle
:tapu koko:Tapu Koko
:ting-lu:Ting-Lu
:ursaluna:Ursaluna
:whimsicott:Whimsicott

The Good
:abomasnow:Abomasnow
:brute bonnet:Brute Bonnet
:celesteela:Celesteela
:comfey:Comfey
:corviknight:Corviknight
:dracovish:Dracovish
:enamorus:Enamorus
:enamorus-therian:Enamorus-Therian
:gliscor:Gliscor
:golisopod:Golisopod
:hitmontop:Hitmontop
:infernape:Infernape
:iron moth:Iron Moth
:kingdra:Kingdra
:latios:Latios
:medicham:Medicham
:milotic:Milotic
:oranguru:Oranguru
:orthworm:Orthworm
:politoed:Politoed
:rhyperior:Rhyperior
:seismitoad:Seismitoad
:skeledirge:Skeledirge
:tyranitar:Tyranitar
:volcarona:Volcarona
:wo-chien:Wo-Chien

The Niche
:arboliva:Arboliva
:audino:Audino
:barraskewda:Barraskewda
:bellibolt:Bellibolt
:bruxish:Bruxish
:camerupt:Camerupt
:clawitzer:Clawitzer
:cobalion:Cobalion
:copperajah:Copperajah
:cursola:Cursola
:drapion:Drapion
:eelektross:Eelektross
:furret:Furret
:hawlucha:Hawlucha
:houndstone:Houndstone
:illumise:Illumise
:jumpluff:Jumpluff
:lapras:Lapras
:lucario:Lucario
:mamoswine:Mamoswine
:nidoking:Nidoking
:pawmot:Pawmot
:persian-alola:Persian-Alola
:poliwrath:Poliwrath
:quaquaval:Quaquaval
:raikou:Raikou
:sceptile:Sceptile
:silvally:Silvally (All)
:skarmory:Skarmory
:thievul:Thievul
:togedemaru:Togedemaru
:tropius:Tropius
:tsareena:Tsareena
:wobbuffet:Wobbuffet
:xatu:Xatu

The Bad / IDK
:beautifly:Beautifly
:bouffalant:Bouffalant
:cacturne:Cacturne
:claydol:Claydol
:cloyster:Cloyster
:corsola:Corsola
:dachsbun:Dachsbun
:dustox:Dustox
:fearow:Fearow
:forretress:Forretress
:froslass:Froslass
:garbodor:Garbodor
:glalie:Glalie
:golurk:Golurk
:greedent:Greedent
:heatmor:Heatmor
:hitmonlee:Hitmonlee
:hitmonchan:Hitmonchan
:klawf:Klawf
:klinklang:Klinklang
:lickilicky:Lickilicky
:mothim:Mothim
:nidoqueen:Nidoqueen
:parasect:Parasect
:passimian:Passimian
:perrserker:Perrserker
:persian:Persian
:plusle:Plusle
:pyroar:Pyroar
:pyukumuku:Pyukumuku
:shuckle:Shuckle
:slaking:Slaking
:slurpuff:Slurpuff
:tatsugiri-stretchy:Tatsugiri
:veluza:Veluza
:wigglytuff:Wigglytuff
:wormadam:Wormadam
:wormadam-sandy:Wormadam-Sandy
:wormadam-trash:Wormadam-Trash
Sample Cores:
(click the sprites for sets)
:iron bundle::tapu koko::iron moth:- Iron Bundle + Tapu Koko + Iron Moth
:iron bundle::abomasnow: - Iron Bundle + Abomasnow
:oranguru::ursaluna:- Oranguru + Ursaluna
:oranguru::medicham:- Oranguru + Medicham
:tapu koko::enamorus: - Tapu Koko + Enamorus
:politoed::kingdra::seismitoad: - Politoed + Kingdra + Seismitoad
:politoed::dracovish: - Politoed + Dracovish
:whimsicott::dracovish: - Whimsicott + Dracovish
:celesteela::ting-lu: - Celesteela + Ting-Lu
:oranguru::camerupt:- Oranguru + Camerupt
:houndstone::tyranitar::dracovish: - Houndstone + Tyranitar + Dracovish
:oranguru::bellibolt::rhyperior: - Oranguru + Bellibolt or Rhyperior
:iron moth::whimsicott: - Iron Moth + Whimsicott
:politoed::wobbuffet::lapras: - the closest thing you can get to perish trap
:medicham::slaking: - i am adding a neutralizing gas mon at the first available opportunity

Sample Teams
(Will add more as I playtest more)
:oranguru::orthworm::ursaluna::brute bonnet::enamorus-therian::medicham: - Hard Trick Room (if you're new to VGC, use this, get trick room up at all costs and then click buttons)
:mamoswine::abomasnow::iron bundle::tapu koko::iron moth::thievul:- Snow Cloak Mamoswine + Brokens
(Alphabetically ordered)
Offense
Strong Physical Attackers
::barraskewda::brute bonnet::copperajah::dracovish::golisopod::golurk::hitmonlee::houndstone::infernape::klawf::lucario::mamoswine::medicham::passimian::pawmot::perrserker::quaquaval::rhyperior::silvally::slaking::tapu koko::ting-lu::tyranitar::ursaluna:
Strong Special Attackers::abomasnow::arboliva::bellibolt::cacturne::camerupt::cursola::eelektross::enamorus::enamorus-therian::infernape::iron bundle::iron moth::kingdra::latios::pyroar::raikou::skeledirge::tapu koko::tatsugiri::volcarona:
Mixed Attackers::infernape::tapu koko:

Setup
Swords Dance
::bouffalant::bruxish::cacturne::cobalion::drapion::gliscor::hawlucha::infernape::klawf::lickilicky::lucario::perrserker::quaquaval::rhyperior::sceptile::silvally::skarmory::ursaluna:
Nasty Plot::cacturne::infernape::lucario::plusle::tatsugiri::thievul::wigglytuff:
Bulk Up / Coil::corviknight::quaquaval::slaking::ursaluna:
Calm Mind::cobalion::comfey::enamorus::enamorus-therian::latios::raikou::tapu koko::xatu:
Quiver Dance::beautifly::dustox::mothim::volcarona::wormadam::wormadam-trash:
Dragon Dance::tyranitar:
Shell Smash / Fillet Away::cloyster::veluza:
Shift Gear::klinklang:
Belly Drum::greedent::lickilicky::poliwrath::ursaluna:
Iron Defense::corviknight::orthworm:
Acupressure::barraskewda::drapion::medicham::shuckle::tsareena:
Focus Energy::kingdra:
Contrary::enamorus::shuckle::spinda:
Anger Shell::klawf:

Utility
Speed Control
Trick Room
::audino::bruxish::claydol::comfey::klinklang::medicham::oranguru::spinda::whimsicott::xatu:
Trick Room Abusers::arboliva::bellibolt::bouffalant::brute bonnet::cacturne::camerupt::celesteela::clawitzer::copperajah::cursola::dracovish::enamorus-therian::golurk::greedent::heatmor::lickilicky::medicham::orthworm::perrserker::rhyperior::ting-lu::tyranitar::ursaluna:
Tailwind::beautifly::comfey::corviknight::dustox::enamorus::enamorus-therian::fearow::gliscor::illumise::jumpluff::latios::mothim::silvally::skarmory::tropius::volcarona::whimsicott::xatu:
Thunder Wave / Nuzzle::audino::bellibolt::cobalion::eelektross::forretress::froslass::illumise::klinklang::latios::pawmot::persian::persian-alola::plusle::raikou::silvally::slaking::tapu koko::togedemaru::tyranitar::wigglytuff:
Icy Wind::abomasnow::audino::bruxish::clawitzer::cloyster::corsola::cursola::froslass::glalie::golisopod::golurk::iron bundle::kingdra::lapras::latios::lickilicky::mamoswine::milotic::nidoking::nidoqueen::persian::persian-alola::politoed::poliwrath::quaquaval::rhyperior::seismitoad::silvally::slaking::spinda::tatsugiri::tyranitar::veluza::wigglytuff:

Disruption
Intimidate
::hitmontop:
Fake Out::hitmonchan::hitmonlee::hitmontop::infernape::medicham::pawmot::perrserker::persian::persian-alola::spinda::togedemaru:
Perish Song::cursola::lapras::politoed::wigglytuff:
Shadow Tag::wobbuffet::wynaut:
Charm::arboliva::camerupt::comfey::dachsbun::froslass::furret::houndstone::illumise::jumpluff::lapras::mamoswine::nidoqueen::pawmot::perrserker::persian::persian-alola::plusle::slurpuff::tsareena::ursaluna::whimsicott::wigglytuff::wobbuffet:
Eerie Impulse::bellibolt::claydol::eelektross::pawmot::raikou::tapu koko::togedemaru:
Parting Shot::persian-alola::silvally::thievul:
Accurate Sleep Moves::brute bonnet::jumpluff::parasect:

Support / Protection
Screens / Aurora Veil
::abomasnow::corviknight::froslass::jumpluff::raikou::tapu koko:
Safeguard::arboliva::milotic::pyukumuku::shuckle::wobbuffet:
Double Team::froslass::sceptile:
Howl::dachsbun::houndstone::lucario::thievul:
Helping Hand::abomasnow::arboliva::audino::cacturne::cobalion::comfey::dachsbun::forretress::froslass::furret::hawlucha::hitmontop::illumise::jumpluff::lapras::lickilicky::medicham::milotic::orthworm::pawmot::perrserker::persian::persian-alola::plusle::pyukumuku::shuckle::skeledirge::slurpuff::spinda::tatsugiri::togedemaru::tropius::tsareena::tyranitar::whimsicott::wigglytuff:
Follow Me::furret:
Rage Powder::brute bonnet::jumpluff::parasect::volcarona:
Ally Switch::houndstone::latios::xatu:
Screech::gliscor::klinklang::parasect::persian::persian-alola::sceptile:
Fake Tears / Metal Sound::froslass::illumise::klinklang::persian::persian-alola::plusle::silvally::slurpuff::thievul::whimsicott:
Noble Roar::pyroar:
Shed Tail::orthworm:
Wide Guard::celesteela::golisopod::hitmonlee::hitmontop::parasect::tropius:
Quick Guard::cobalion::hawlucha::hitmonchan::hitmontop::infernape::lucario::medicham::passimian::sceptile::thievul:

Weather / Terrains
Drought
: N/A
Prankster Sunny Day::illumise::riolu::whimsicott:
Sun Abusers::arboliva::brute bonnet::camerupt::infernape::iron moth::pyroar::jumpluff::tropius:

Drizzle::politoed:
Prankster Rain Dance::illumise::riolu:
Rain Abusers::barraskewda::dracovish::iron bundle::kingdra::parasect::poliwrath::seismitoad:

Sand Stream::tyranitar:
Sand Abusers::cacturne::dracovish::houndstone:

Snow Warning::abomasnow:
Snow Abusers::froslass::iron bundle::mamoswine:

Terrains::arboliva::tapu koko:
Terrain Abusers::hitmonlee::hawlucha::iron bundle::iron moth::sceptile::slurpuff::thievul:

Perhaps I'll do a forum tour to get that playtesting I desire, but for now if you wanna play, then just hit me up on the Solomods Discord and I may be available
Retiring VGC by RNG, got some other stuff cooking that'll hopefully be out soon

Shoutouts to this image one last time

ViZar

your toast is burned
Retiring ROPMM. It was a nice idea, but it seems like all interest has evaporated entirely. It also does not help that almost all combinations can be played with via challenge code. There's no point in adding an entirely new format.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's also an update on Roovnen.

First off, there are some more ability changes and a move change before we head to bans

1. Ability Changes

:klinklang::garganacl: Clear Body :metagross::tentacruel:
Clear Body now prevents self-inflicted stat drops. This is a little buff and it only really benefits one allowed Pokemon, but the buff can open up some good strategies. Metagross is currently the only Pokemon that benefits from the buff. Hammer Arm got buffed to 120 BP, so Metagross can spam Hammer Arm without drawback. Also I know that Dragapult will be broken with that change, but it isn't here (yet) so it only affects NatDex formats.

:polteageist: Cursed Body :marowak-alola:
The 30% chance to inflict Disable has been changed to a 10% chance to inflict Curse. This is seems wack and it kinda is, but there are only 3 fully evolved Pokemon in the meta, that can use this effect. And then, Polteageist prefers Weak Armor, Marowak-Alola is weak to SR and doesn't heal and the new Pokemon Prehuck prefers Heavy Shoulders. It is useful but hard to justify over their over options. Also Dragapult gets it. Yeah NatDex will be fun.

:cofagrigus: Mummy and Wandering Spirit :runerigus:
The abilities activate before the Pokemon is hit by a contact move. This makes them completely hard counter Scrappy and some Guts Pokemon. This allows them to be more effective as defensive Pokemon. This won't make them staples in OU, but they will have extremely valuable niches.

2. Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock got a rework. It will still do 1/8 of damage towards neutral targets, but the damage for resists and weaknesses have been changed. The old formula made it so that the damage ranged from 1/32 -> 1/16 -> 1/8 -> 1/4 -> 1/2. Now the formula has been changed to 1/12 -> 1/10 -> 1/8 -> 1/6 -> 1/4. This keeps Stealth Rock as a solid option against neutral targets still but it closes the disparity between SR weak and resistant Pokemon. The types that weak are not good types on their own and the opposite is true for the resistant types, essentially it's a rich get richer situation and I wanted to reduce the benefit that those Pokemon have.

3. Bans

- Phoenuss: This Pokemon was the best offensive support and it did not one thing better, it did both great. Its stats are solid all around, having decent bulk and offenses. However, it has absurd moves in U-turn, Close Combat, Defog, Healing Wish, Revival Blessing, Taunt and great STABs in Brave Bird, Pyro Ball and Sacred Fire. Rebirth also makes every match a 6.5v6 and if it decides to run Revival Blessing, it is potentially a 7v6. Therefore, it is quickbanned.

- Dracovish: Dracovish got a nerf, where Fishious Rend is resisted by Ice and Cofagrigus removes Strong Jaw before taking damage. However, it still hits hard and it can resort to Sand Rush to chip Ice-types and outrun more Pokemon. There is not much else to it. It does Dracovish things and that's pretty much it.

- Baxcalibur: It was already on the edge of being broken with the Ice-type changes but the Stealth Rock rework makes it overbearing now, since it looses less half on switch in now. Some item buffs like Wide Lens and Shell Bell and new items in Thermal Jacket and Collection Bag make it harder to deal with. The removal of Tera significantly hurt it, but the other buffs make up for it.

- Bredoom, Frosgross, Latakuno: Three of the corrupted Pokemon here and these three are the best of them. Bredoom has a great offensive typing, Frosgross has Quiver Dance and Latakuno has STAB Dark moves. Corruption is really strong and eventhough, the three Warriors are immune to the effect, they are unable to beat these three.

- Mranovo: Not allowing the use of Status moves is really absurd honestly. This is the best Stallbreaker there is and it isn't weak on the offense. It has solid bulk, a good attack and while it's speed isn't great, it has Sucker Punch for faster Pokemon.

(whoops, forgot home additions)
- Shaymin-Sky: This Pokemon is really fast and it has Hax. The meta might be fat enough to tank its hits but it can cheese its way through its checks. Also, Stealth Rock does less damage to it.

- Zygarde: Stealth Rock deals more damage to it, Paralysis got nerfed and Ice resist its Thousand Arrows now, but it is like Skymin, where it can cheese its way through. Paralysis is still obnoxious and it can heal SR damage behind a sub. I don't want the meta to be a battle between Substitute Set-Up Sweepers, therefore it is banned.

- Melmetal: It is similar to Radriss but it does way more damage, has priority, Spin and buffed elemental Punches. Its offensive is what seperates it from Radriss and it is too much for now.

Lastly, there's a little annoucement. Since creating a moveset for every Pokemon is really time consuming, I decided to enable Home transfers for older Pokemon. Making it easier to play the meta. A few Pokemon also got buffed since they lost Knock Off, Defog and other useful moves but now they have access to them again. After creating movepools and testing the mod on the new server, I will host an introdruction tour for the mod followed by a tour with a prize money (probably). So stay tuned for that!
Servus! Another Update. Just wanted to quickly mention that Roovnen is now playable! Check it out: http://petmodsdh.com/#
I plan on starting a kickoff tour soon, but I will fix a few things before that. So stay tuned! One thing I will mention is that there were two new bans and one unban. First the unban.

:sv/dracovish:
When first testing Dracovish I was shocked that it still dealt a lot of damage. I banned it for that intitially. However, later I realised that Fishious Rend and Bolt Beak didn't have their nerfs that I planned for them. The nerf is those moves having 80 BP and boosting by 1.3x if the target is slower. Effectively going from 170 BP to 104 BP, which is a big nerf. Therefore, it is unbanned!

Now onto the new bans.

:sv/dragonite:
Dragonite-Roovnen is banned because of its SubDD sets. You could run Leftovers, Substitute and Dragon Dance and just cycle between Substitute, Dragon Dance and the occasional ESpeed. Dash Happy gave Dragonite-R the ability to be passive and still a lot of damage. The weakness of using status moves like Substitute and Dragon Dance is that you don't attack but Dash Happy allows you to play in such a way. Therefore, it is banned.

:sv/sigilyph:
Sigisin is also banned. Corruption giving it perfect coverage was really obnixious on a fast Pokemon. However, it liked using its STABs eventhough Dark Pulse provides perfect coverage. The reason being the only two remaining Warriors, who are immune to the effects of Corruption. Yorlator fears Psychic and Curtowal fears Fire Blast. Both are even unable to touch it. Therefore, it is banned.

Hope that some of you get interested in the mod. Cya!

Pokémon Earth & Sky: Horizons Expansion
The Gen 9 update to Earth & Sky is here! Venture to the island of Sartori, a quiet and ecologically diverse place and the site of a recent naturalistic movement to preserve rare Pokémon and even re-introduce extinct species to a modern environment, such as those from the ancient land of Hisui. The island itself has some Pokémon you can't find anywhere else, such as the Bug/Electric Sartorian Kricketune, said to have inspired the theremin, and its bass-boosting Dark/Electric regional evolution Amplitune that blasts Galvanize Boombursts out of one speaker and Technician-boosted moves such as Parabolic Charge and Payback out of the other.

What makes this metagame unique? My central design philosophy with Earth & Sky that I continue with Horizons is balancing the effects of moves, Abilities, etc. relative to each other's power and to their levels of distribution, while also maximizing variety to create more Pokémon that are interesting as the sums of their parts. I firmly hold against Game Freak's ever-more-prevalent trend on hyper-optimizing and granting flashy signature toys to each and every new addition to warp the game around them. Most of these elements are tuned down, given out, or even tossed entirely to create a metagame that enjoys the contributions of Gens 6, 7, 8, and 9 while leaving behind the broken stuff that National Dex metagames still struggle with.

Another major example of this philosophy in action is the introduction of the Hidden Move. Like their Hidden Ability, a Pokémon's Hidden Move is a special move, handpicked for each and every Pokémon, that it wouldn't otherwise be able to learn, including many moves exclusive to other or even legendary Pokémon. This is sure to provide new niches for some forgotten old Pokémon; experience such novelties as Accelerock Rampardos, Ruination Spiritomb, and Spectral Thief Dusknoir.

What's new? The original Earth & Sky were finalized around midway through Gen 8, so other than a couple of tutor moves, I didn't include anything from the DLC and beyond. The Horizons Expansion brings it up to speed, notably being the first playable Solomod or Pet Mod to include the entire National Pokédex (including in a balance sense... sorry imando). The Sartorian Dex adds nearly 90 new Pokémon and 30 regional forms (both of Egelan and Sartorian forms and variants of regular forms who are in the Egelan Pokédex) to the Regional format, a 50% expansion that has been designed to highlight Earth & Sky's big changes and diversify the metagame. I'm also trying something different in all regular formats to combat what actually counts as power creep as more and more legendary-tier Pokémon are introduced: This is the Restricted Rules, which limits players to two combined Legendary/Ultra Beast/Paradox Pokémon on their team and enforces Item Clause. The purpose of this ruleset is to emulate the feel of Gen 6 metagames, where teams rarely ran or needed more than two Pokémon of that power level, and to prevent teams from being stacked with items like Heavy-Duty Boots and allow more niche items to have a place like they do in Item-Claused VGC metas.

Highlights: Here are some Pokémon that I think will be intriguing or just that I like a lot.
+
/
+ 77/135/140/75/110/48 stats
Oh yeah, did I forget to mention the twelve new Mega Evolutions? Mega Druddigon is one of the two new ones in the Horizons Expansion, coming with a unique Ability in Stoneskin. With Stoneskin, Mega Druddigon enters its Statue Form upon switching in or using a non-damaging move, which protects it from being inflicted with status, having its stats dropped, or taking residual damage from things like Spikes. Using a damaging move will switch it back, though. With access to a buffed Morning Sun as its Hidden Move alongside Druddigon's existing tools, it carves out a solid defensive niche for itself despite the lack of an item.
Genius engineer and local Steel-type Trial Overseer Ginny has been hard at work improving her greatest invention and working on a new one.
Utilitron.png
(look, I'm making art!) Utilitron is a unique Egelan Pokémon with three different Modes: its Default Mode is Steel/Electric with Ground and Rock coverage and a physical leaning, its Steel/Water Boat Mode has balanced offenses and Speed, and the Steel/Flying Copter Mode trades bulk for offense. With access to great moves like Shift Gear and Double Iron Bash, it had a lot of potential... except that Boat and Copter Modes were held back by being forced to know Surf or Fly, respectively, to maintain their Mode. This restriction is now lifted so those Modes can realize that potential, and a nice +20 Attack was thrown in there for all three to boot.

Ginny also got wind of a different Pokémon modification over in Paldea, and she worked with their creator to produce smaller versions that can be equipped to a standalone Revavroom. These Star Mods change Revavroom's secondary typing (or not, if you're Navi) to that of the Starmobile, swap a few moves to go with it, give it access to the matching Ability and Torque move, and alter its stats to more closely fit the original build.
&

Palafin has been unbanned! Why is that? Well, it certainly wasn't going to get to keep transforming into a 650 BST behemoth just for switching out. In fact, Hero Form Palafin doesn't gain any stats at all. Instead, it takes up Supreme Overlord's effect, transforming only after one of its allies has fallen. It can reach a power level close to what it had before, but only when it's the last line of defense before a bitter defeat. It also can't spam Jet Punch, which is now a Shadow Punch variant to give mid-level physical Water STAB to Mons that sorely need it like Azumarill and Swampert.

Kingambit itself loses Supreme Overlord to avoid its own absurd power level, if you hadn't guessed. It gets Sharpness instead, which has been reduced to a more modest 30% boost, in line with prior Earth & Sky changes to Iron Fist and Mega Launcher (which now boosts cannon moves and everything blocked by Bulletproof). Kowtow Cleave is cleaved to leave it with Night Slash, but in its place is a new Sharpness-boosted Steel STAB in Metal Edge (a clone of Leaf Blade) and the return of Pursuit, so it'll still have a place.

Would you believe me if I said that Unown could be a game-shaping threat without gaining any moves or stats? Well, it technically got Stored Power as a Hidden Move... but what it really got was a Hidden Ability, as all Levitate Pokémon got, but Unown got something special. Glyphic Spell's effect changes based on Unown's letter and draws from the strongest effects in the entire game. For instance, Unown J's Join puts its pitiful stats to use by splitting them all with the opponent (its actual HP is split as with Pain Split), Unown Q's Quicken immediately buffs it to +6 Speed to sweep weakened teams with the aforementioned Stored Power, and Unown R's Reverse provides the coveted automatic Trick Room.

It was originally introduced in Earth & Sky, but the Horizons Expansion changed or buffed quite a few letters' effects. Unown A's Adapt now gives it the unique Hidden Power mechanic from when it was its signature move in Legends: Arceus, only the algorithm is improved to consider double weaknesses, resistances, and immunities, and it also changes Unown's own type to match... and adds Adaptability just because. Unown D switched to Darkness, which summons the introduced Midnight effect that suppresses weather and terrain and prevents them from being set. The Darkness spell is the only automatic source of Midnight in the game.
... are all dead. They keep eating up the metagame, and quick frankly, it takes a lot of justification to be stronger than God.
Seeing as Primal Groudon is the original strength and normal Groudon is a weakened state, their stats were lowered to 700 and 600 BST respectively to reflect that. The same is true of Kyogre too, of course.

...and sort of Rayquaza. It only took a 30 BST drop, to its regular offenses and Mega's defenses and 5 Speed in both, but Mega Rayquaza is away from its Hoenn home and needs to hold a Meteorite to Mega Evolve now. Delta Stream was also nerfed to be on the same level as Filter, affecting any weaknesses of Flying-type Pokemon on the field. It'll still be good, but manageable enough to unban.

The Pokédex says that Necrozma's mangled state puts it in a lot of pain, and even Solgaleo's light that it's consuming to reach its original form is too much for it. This is now reflected in gameplay, as Prism Armor hurts it for 10% of its max HP at the end of each turn, like a Life Orb. Don't worry, it can still use Ultranecrozmium Z to Ultra Burst and escape it, and to be honest, with a better Morning Sun and Flare Blitz now at its disposal, Dusk Mane would've been even harder to handle than before otherwise.

Zacian is interesting because S/V nerfed it differently than I did. I dropped 20 Speed while S/V limited its Ability, and while I don't like once-per-battle as a concept, it did give me a different idea to limit the Ability to activating only under half-health. Zacian calls its full strength when it's cornered... and easily revenged. For example, Armarouge can comfortably take anything short of a +3 Assurance and then KO on the next turn with a Mega Launcher Pellet Shot.

Okay, maybe there's one king left, metaphorically if not literally. Astral Barrage was nerfed to 110/85% to match Origin Pulse, Grim Neigh was tossed in the trash where it belongs, and with Pursuit and no Tera, it can't run away from its crippling Dark weakness very well anymore. The other side is that Grim Neigh had to be replaced with something... and it's actually two very good somethings, as Calyrex and Spectrier both got Hidden Abilities in the form of Majesty (exactly what it sounds like) and Earth & Sky's Soul Drain (Shell Bell as an Ability). As One can pick from any pair of their Abilities (reflected in the teambuilder by which two slots are being taken), and with these two, it can avoid the priority that's most of what can outspeed its still blazing 150 and heal off chip damage with its still strong assault.

It's obviously more manageable without Tera, but Hadron Engine was also nerfed to match the other straight Sp. Attack-boosting effect... Wise Glasses, at a measly 10%.
Already existing changes in Earth & Sky prevents Gholdylocks here from invalidating hazard removal. Defog targets the enemy side, so the only thing Good as Gold blocks is the evasion drop, and Rototiller was reworked into hazard/terrain removal (which Defog doesn't do now) that also targets the field. It loses Make It Rain, too, letting it shine (hah) more for its outstanding defensive and utility profile rather than just doing it all.

Since Sharpness was given to Gallade in a game where Mega Evolution doesn't exist, I had to reconcile that by giving Sharpness to the Mega, which honestly fits those blades better anyway. It doesn't have the Agility TM, but it does have a buffed Steadfast in its base form, which is now a +1 Speed version of Defiant. This is going to make it a menace in the Regional Dex format, and given its and regular Sharpness Gallade's individual viabilities, I predict it will be able to lock blades with the newly-branded Valiant Droid in OU as well.

[artwork pending] The Egelan Legendary Jurotera was originally left out of a signature move or Ability by accident, but that has been fixed and it's very scary. Equalizer takes a page from Shadow Half, dealing damage to everyone on the field equal to half of Jurotera's max HP. With Recover to heal that off, base 100s across the board, and outstanding coverage, it should be a great mono-Normal threat. Who'da thunk?

=
Grafaiai gets Sketch as its Hidden Move. Like Necturna (who also has it as its Hidden Move now for the same effect), this limits it to one Sketched move. Let the chaos begin.
Blah blah blah, where's the metagame? Okay okay, fine. The spreadsheet of changes is here. Like Earth & Sky were at their launch, the Horizons Expansion is playable right now over on the new Dragon Heaven server! Expand your horizons with the Horizons Expansion!

Last edited:
Name of Mod: Interdimensional Interlopers
Link to Changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14r3D95rwZqpyaobPGYhQhaO4vSsHTig-7RnuflU7Bfg/edit?usp=sharing
Summary of the Mod: This isn't so much a mod as more so an idea I've been kicking around for a while now. I've been struggling to make this myself, but I would like to at least share what I have. Interdimensional Interlopers strives to have similar battle mechanics to pokemon but with its own cast of monsters and aesthetic. In it's most basic form it has a list of 72 monsters (58 if you don't include the different forms/stages) and 8 types. Also notably, secondary effects of moves are determined by a Luck Tier that's built into the Interloper rather than having be a % chance on individual moves.
Competitive Overview: The idea is to hopefully have a more tight and interactive meta than pokemon, with the specific goal in mind is to not have one interloper overshadow another.
I'm sorry I don't have more to offer, but if I can at least make one person go, "Neat" then I'll have considered this a success :3

Name of Mod: Interdimensional Interlopers
Link to Changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14r3D95rwZqpyaobPGYhQhaO4vSsHTig-7RnuflU7Bfg/edit?usp=sharing
Summary of the Mod: This isn't so much a mod as more so an idea I've been kicking around for a while now. I've been struggling to make this myself, but I would like to at least share what I have. Interdimensional Interlopers strives to have similar battle mechanics to pokemon but with its own cast of monsters and aesthetic. In it's most basic form it has a list of 72 monsters (58 if you don't include the different forms/stages) and 8 types. Also notably, secondary effects of moves are determined by a Luck Tier that's built into the Interloper rather than having be a % chance on individual moves.
Competitive Overview: The idea is to hopefully have a more tight and interactive meta than pokemon, with the specific goal in mind is to not have one interloper overshadow another.
I'm sorry I don't have more to offer, but if I can at least make one person go, "Neat" then I'll have considered this a success :3

neat for sure

ViZar

your toast is burned
Servus! Another Update but this is the last one, at least before the tour! First off, with the DLC dropping, I decided to update the movepools of Roovnen Pokemon. I based their movepools of the SV TMs, so it made sense that I updated the list.
KunirschGrassy Glide, High Horsepower, Solar Blade
PortrentiGrassy Glide, High Horsepower, Solar Blade
ElchunstGrassy Glide, High Horsepower, Misty Explosion, Roar, Solar Blade
PoniarcBurning Jealousy, Heat Crash, Lash Out
SizzlorseBurning Jealousy, Heat Crash, Lash Out
KlimyrossBurning Jealousy, Heat Crash, Haze, Lash Out
SynakeFlip Turn, Roar, Scald, Scale Shot, Uproar
WavettleFlip Turn, Roar, Scald, Scale Shot, Uproar
AeskoundFlip Turn, Roar, Scald, Scale Shot
FalicleDual Wingbeat, Haze, Icicle Spear, Weather Ball
FrezalkDual Wingbeat, Haze, Icicle Spear, Weather Ball
GletschalkDual Wingbeat, Haze, Roar, Weather Ball
NimmaupGyro Ball, Lunge
KokickGyro Ball, Lunge
SchmesattGyro Ball, Lunge, Misty Explosion, Uproar
ErinoxHigh Horsepower, Lash Out, Super Fang
IgloiceusHigh Horsepower, Lash Out, Focus Punch, Super Fang
BoltriaFlip Turn, Knock Off, Scald, Super Fang
NutriquaFlip Turn, Knock Off, Scald, Super Fang
KalaustryHigh Horsepower, Misty Explosion, Sand Tomb, Smack Down
RanschaefHigh Horsepower, Misty Explosion, Sand Tomb, Smack Down
AntronLunge, Super Fang
QueantLunge, Super Fang
VoleczBurning Jealousy, Lash Out
LidektroBurning Jealousy, Lash Out
YoarHeat Crash, Lash Out, Super Fang
BoaraxHeat Crash, Lash Out, Roar, Super Fang
WildaxeHeat Crash, Lash Out, Roar, Super Fang
GraidGrassy Glide, Lash Out, Solar Blade
AngrainFocus Punch, Grassy Glide, Lash Out, Solar Blade
FeveeHeat Crash
PauleonHeat Crash, High Horsepower
Orkave
TaurotDual Wingbeat, Focus Punch, High Horsepower
MinowingDual Wingbeat, Focus Punch, High Horsepower
KramlaufDual Wingbeat, Lash Out, Poltergeist, Vacuum Wave
RessuredomHigh Horsepower
GargionFocus Punch, Lunge, Roar
ManutzMisty Explosion
Decani
BurschussBurning Jealousy, Dual Wingbeat, Heat Crash
PhoenussBurning Jealousy, Dual Wingbeat, Heat Crash
Ostar-RichiDual Wingbeat, Sand Tomb, Smack Down
SeganubeFlip Turn
JealokaisBurning Jealousy, Spite
AmethizHigh Horsepower
ScalethystHigh Horsepower
JuwyvernHigh Horsepower
PatwinisLunge
RautwinisDual Wingbeat, Lash Out, Lunge
VolkobilBurning Jealousy, Charge, Gyro Ball, Heat Crash
ExpremoosGravity, Misty Explosion, Poltergeist, Spite
Expremoos-FGravity, Misty Explosion, Poltergeist, Spite
SeditzelHigh Horsepower
PlanindHaze
YsiogueHaze
PrehuckGravity, Poltergeist, Spite
MusalkasGyro Ball
FossgooGyro Ball
GoltinkFocus Punch, Gravity, Misty Explosion, Poltergeist, Spite, Vacuum Wave
TropalmGrassy Glide, High Horsepower, Roar, Solar Blade, Weather Ball
HypsandGravity, High Horsepower, Knock Off, Sand Tomb, Smack Down, Vacuum Wave
LaichtoFlip Turn, Scald
Uninown
LockossalHigh Horsepower
PauptionBurning Jealousy, Heat Crash, Weather Ball
NaturthisGravity, Gyro Ball, Misty Explosion, Smack Down, Weather Ball
KunturthisGravity, Gyro Ball, Misty Explosion, Smack Down, Weather Ball
GlaconeFocus Punch, Gravity, High Horsepower, Lash Out, Sand Tomb, Smack Down
OetzowakFocus Punch, Gravity, High Horsepower, Lash Out, Sand Tomb, Smack Down
FerreelRoar
PraspinRoar
RadrissRoar
SigisinHeat Crash, High Horsepower, Lash Out, Spite
BredoomHigh Horsepower, Lash Out, Spite, Vacuum Wave
FrosgrossIcicle Spear, Lash Out, Misty Explosion, Spite
AbomacruelGrassy Glide, Knock Off, Lash Out, Poltergeist, Solar Blade
Porygon-VCharge, Lash Out, Spite
LatakunoFocus Punch, Lash Out, Scale Shot
YorlatorMisty Explosion
MranovoKnock Off, Lash Out
Curtowal
GuadockSmack Down
StoleagleDual Wingbeat, Roar
AdlerzDual Wingbeat
HungurulDual Wingbeat, Misty Explosion
Hungurul-DynamicDual Wingbeat, Misty Explosion
ChasilenFocus Punch, Lash Out, Poltergeist
Cubone-RoovnenFocus Punch, High Horsepower, Lash Out, Sand Tomb, Smack Down
Dratini-RoovnenFocus Punch, High Horsepower, Scale Shot
Dragonair-RoovnenFocus Punch, High Horsepower, Scale Shot
Dragonite-RoovnenFocus Punch, High Horsepower, Scale Shot
Torkoal-RoovnenGravity, Gyro Ball, Misty Explosion, Smack Down, Weather Ball
Roggenrola-RoovnenGravity, Misty Explosion, Smack Down, Weather Ball
Boldore-RoovnenGravity, Misty Explosion, Smack Down, Weather Ball
Gigalith-RoovnenGravity, Misty Explosion, Smack Down, Weather Ball
Sewaddle-RoovnenBug Bite, Grassy Glide, Knock Off, Lunge, Solar Blade
Swadloon-RoovnenBug Bite, Grassy Glide, Knock Off, Lunge, Solar Blade
Leavanny-RoovnenBug Bite, Grassy Glide, Knock Off, Lunge, Solar Blade
Golett-RoovnenFocus Punch, Gravity, Knock Off, Poltergeist, Vacuum Wave
Rolycoly-Roovnen
Carkol-Roovnen
Side Note: I only included completely new moves. Some TMs were moves that the Pokemon could already learn, so they are not included in the list.

As for noteworthy changes:
-Chasilen gaining Poltergeist is huge. Now it has a strong Ghost STAB and does not need to rely on Chase Down for damage.
-Nutriqua now has Flip Turn and Knock Off to further annoy opponents.
-Angrain gained Solar Blade, which makes it really good on Sun teams, especially since it can boost its Attack while attacking
-Tropalm now has access to Grassy Glide, High Horsepower, Solar Blade and Weather Ball. The former helping Grassy Surge sets and the latter two helping Weather sweeping sets.
-Hypsand now has Gravity for reliable Hypnosis and no immunity to its Ground STAB. Knock Off and Vacuum Wave are also nice options for it.
-Yorlator now has access to Misty Explosion, which is nice for lead sets since it is desirable for Yorlator to find.
-Gigalith-R gained Weather Ball which makes it better under the sun.

I also decided to include the Loyal Three, Ogerpon formes and Dipplin from the DLC, since the first two groups are Legendaries from Gen 9 (I included them in the Home Extension) and I already had Applin in for Dipplin. The legendaries got buffs, especially Ogerpon because I love it it lost its ability to tera.

Now onto problems. I didn't want to ban these Pokemon immediately since they weren't as broken as some of the quick bans (like Latakuno lmao), but they are still problematic.

:sv/dragonair: (sprite for showcase)
Aeskound is the 6th iteration of broken Water after Keldeo, both Greninjas, Dracovish and Palafin. Aeskound has to snowball to receive powerful moves but they do a lot of damage immediately. Hydro Voice has 60 BP but doubles in power and Synthony is a build in Metronome. Hydro Voice goes from a 60 BP move to a 144 BP move in just a turn and it gets stronger. It has to use the move in the first place and it lacks immediate power with Hydro Voice, but don't worry, it has STAB Boomburst too.

:sv/marshadow: (sprite for showcase)
Chasilen punishes switches pretty hard. Between Chaser and Chase Down, it can rack up a lot of chip damage. It was okay previously since its best move was Chase Down, which only has 50 BP and there are situations were even Pokemon like Latias and Latios could 1v1 Chasilen since its damage output is only big when its opponent switches. With Poltergeist, Chasilen can either predict a switch with Chase Down or click a safe Poltergeist.

:sv/dragonite:
Dragonite is always a good set-up sweeper but some mechanic changes allow it to be a really consistant game ender. Snowball now gives a one-time immunity to Ice and raises Attack by 1. That and the nerf to Stealth Rock damage on weak Pokemon allow Dragonite to set-up pretty reliably, especially under Hail. Speaking of which, it can resort to Thermal Jacket which halves its Ice weakness and in Snow, it gets bulkier.

:sv/braviary: (sprite for showcase)
Gletschalk's signature move, while flawed, can be really volatile. Mountain Breeze makes the Pokemon weak to Ice if the move is resisted. This makes it click Mountain Breeze pretty easily and with an hazard immunity, it can freely use Life Orb or Choice Specs for more damage. It struggles against bulky neutral Pokemon and Mountain Breeze does not do it any favours in a 1v1 situation.

:sv/latios:
Latios got significanlty buffed. Luster Purge now has 5 BP more than Psychic and has a chance to lower Special Defense. In addition to that, its Psychic STAB is no longer resisted by Steel, therefore Latios has less switch-ins. Chasilen, Tyranitar and Clefable can keep it in check but Latios has its way through them. Its really versatile with Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, LO 3 Attacks with Recover or Calm Mind.

:sv/marowak: (sprite for showcase)
Oetzowak is another Pokemon with a funny button. It has okay stats, but these are good for a Thick Club user. In Snow, it gets an additional 1.5x boost to its attack and combine that with a SD and you one hit everything. Ice Hammer is really strong and Ice Shard is great priority for this Pokemon. In Trick Room it is so much better, with the speed drop of Ice Hammer.

:sv/ogerpon-hearthflame:
Ogerpon got stat buffs for all of its formes. All get 10 extra HP and 10 points in the stat that their respective Embody Apsect would've boosted. With 130 base attack and the power boost of its mask, Hearthflame is a threatening wallbreaker. Sun from Pauption is also great support and with the support of Angrain, Ogerpon can focus solely on wallbreaking so that Angrain can sweep.

:sv/torkoal: (sprite for showcase)
Pauption is a straight up upgrade to Torkoal. The Poison-type might make it worse against Grounds but it is really tanky. Seriously, it can even tank Earthquakes and the Poison-type makes it better against Toxic Spikes and Fighting-types. With Morning Sun is really healthy and Solar Panel and the nerf of Stealth Rock makes it easier to stay healthy.

:sv/porygon-z: (sprite for showcase)
Porygon-V only has three checks. Yorlator can switch into Dark Pulse but she fears Sludge Bomb and her moves might not even KO Porygon-V unless it is Psychic. Oppossing Porygon-V can switch in but cannot do anything back. Curtowal is the only counter to Porygon-V but Curtowal struggles to fit onto many teams.

:sv/armarouge: (sprite for showcase)
Yorlator's ability makes it a really versatile Pokemon and a mainstay on HO. Being able to heal status, health and PP is really big and all it has to do is faint. Of course, you want to get value out of her but you can manage to get that with a ScreenLeads + Misty Explosion, Calm Mind or Prepare Attack sweeper, Choice Specs or Choice Scarf. It does not have the same set versatility as Iron Valiant (not in the mod, but they are similar) but it is still versatile and always gets value.

Be sure to check out the Kickoff Tournament and a Discord I made for this mod!
That's it, cya!

Dropping a new(ish) solomod. You may remember this mechanic from Scootopia V.2 but I think that mod was a bit overwhelming. I've decided to isolate it in its own mod so it can be better explored.

crystalorb.png
Super Types OU
feralorb.png

This is simply the OU metagame with a new mechanic added: Super types allow a pokemon to replace their secondary type with one of two powerful new types: Crystal or Feral. Like many other generational gimmicks, you can only use one per team. The exact mechanics are as follows:

- A pokemon's secondary type will change if they are holding either a Crystal Orb or a Feral Orb.
- This change happens right before the first time they switch in.
- Only one pokemon on a team can gain a Super Type.
- These items cannot be removed in battle. They also boost moves of their corresponding type by 20%.
- Crystal- and Feral-type moves can only be used by pokemon with the matching type.

I think it's probably best to link the spreadsheet for a good representation of the type matchups. Here is also a typechart. Finally, there is a list of all defensive type combos so you don't have to work them out in your head.

Oh, and Terastalizing is banned of course.

There are 9 moves for each Super Type - each pokemon learns a subset of these moves, based on the rest of their movepool. Here is a list, or you can also see them in the spreadsheet.
These moves can only be used by pokemon with the corresponding Super Type.

crystal.png

Crystal CutterPhysical50 BP | 15 PP | Always Crits, User recovers 50% of damage dealtContact, Slicing
Crystal TailPhysical120 BP | 5 PP | 85% Acc. | 20% to Drop AtkContact
Crystal BashPhysical100 BP | 10 PP | 10% to drop AtkContact
Crystal BeamSpecial90 BP | 15 PP | 30% to drop SpA
Crystal CageSpecial85 BP | 10 PP | 80% Acc. | Traps and damages for 4-5 turns.
Crystal BurstSpecial120 BP | 5 PP | Lowers user's SpA by 1 stage.
Crystal HealingStatusCures the team's Status and starts effect similar to Aqua Ring
Crystal FortificationStatusUser gains +1 Def and +1 SpD, clears negative stat changes
Crystal ShardStatusSets a layer of Spikes

feral.png

Feral BitePhysical90 BP | 15 PP | 30% chance to PoisonContact, Biting
Feral ShredPhysical20 BP | 15 PP | Hits twice, lowers Def by 1 on each hitContact
Feral RushPhysical120 BP | 10 PP | User takes 1/3 recoil, 20% to drop DefContact
Feral ShriekSpecial90 BP | 15 PP | Sound move | 20% to lower foe's SpDSound
Feral PowerSpecial110 BP | 5 PP | Lowers user's SpD by 1
Feral BreathSpecial80 BP | 15 PP | 100% to lower SpD by 1Wind
Feral HealingStatusUser recovers 25% of its max HP and its status is cured.Sound
Feral SprayStatusFoe: Poisoned, User: +1 Atk, +1 SpA
Feral ResilienceStatusUser: Status cured, +1 Atk, +1 SpA
And here is the obligatory theorymon. These examples should illustrate that good Super Type users take advantage of both the new type combo and the new moves that they gain.
Cresselia
:sv/cresselia:
crystal.png

Cresselia will greatly enjoy the Crystal-type movepool, with tools such as Crystal Cage (a partial trapping STAB), Crystal Shard (literally Spikes), and Crystal Healing (Heal Bell + Aqua Ring). The additional resistances and even the Trick immunity can also help it quite a a bit.

Skeledirge

:sv/skeledirge:
crystal.png

Fire/Crystal is only weak to Electric and Fighting, and only resisted by Crystal, so Skeledirge can take advantage of the Crystal Orb very well. As with most other defensive Crystal types, the support moves it gains will increase its role compression by a lot. Moltres and Arcanine could function similarly.

Bellibolt
:sv/bellibolt:
crystal.png

Crystal/Electric is another great dual-type that is only weak to Fighting (although it's less potent offensively than Crystal/Fire). Could this be Bellibolt's time to shine? A secondary STAB and loads of resistances will surely help, although sadly it lacks Crystal Shard. Zapdos could function similarly.

Tornadus-Therian
:sv/tornadus-therian:
crystal.png

Tornadus-T benefits from having an alternate STAB type with moves that aren't horribly inaccurate or weak. Flying/Crystal is neutral to Rock, and the mon can easily take advantage of the other resistances it gains. Otherwise, it probably does typical Tornadus-T things, although it adds some new tools to its arsenal.

Sneasler
:sv/sneasler:
crystal.png

Fighting/Crystal has very strong coverage, making Sneasler one of the better options for an offensive Crystal type. Lots of other Fighting types could work, but the type is better suited to offensive pokemon. Zamazenta is probably very strong as well.

Dragapult
:sv/dragapult:
feral.png

Dragon/Feral is amazing both defensively and offensively, so pseudo-legends with signature Dragon moves can do very well (thankfully Baxcalibur is banned). Trading in a Ghost type with next to no Physical STAB for a Feral type with multiple great options is huge, but Dragapult can also use Feral Breath (Apple Acid clone) on the Special side.

Enamorus
:sv/enamorus:
feral.png

Fairy/Feral is a solid dual STAB, and Earth Power covers the one type that resists both (Fire). Contrary Enamorous can also get Def boosts by spamming it's strongest STAB, Feral Power (Clanging Scales clone). The move will hit like an absolute truck coming from 135 base SpA, regardless of whether you want Contrary or Calm Mind.

Okidogi
:sv/okidogi:
feral.png

Feral Shred and Feral Bite pair very well with Toxic Chain, giving Okidogi a double 30% Poison chance on multiple moves in its kit. Feral/Poison works pretty well offensively too, only needing coverage for Ghosts (which is easily covered by Knock Off).

Espeon
:sv/espeon:
feral.png

I don't know how great Espeon will really be, but I think it's an example of something that goes from having a single, medicore STAB to a great dual STAB thanks to the Super Type. Espeon has plenty of power to put behind Feral Power, but there are other forgotten pokemon that could work similarly such as Jolteon, Azelf, or Intelleon.

Yanmega
:sv/yanmega:
feral.png

Yanmega doesn't have perfect coverage with Feral type, but it can boost it's SpA with Feral Resilience and go for a lategame sweep with Speed Boost and Feral Power. Tinted Lens sets might prefer Crystal Type for the SR neutrality.
I'll be looking to do a tournament for this format at some point, though I'll probably wait until the Roovnen tour is done.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
New Update for Roovnen: Latios, Ogerpon-Hearthflame, Pauption, Porygon-V and Chasilen have been banned from OU. I already went over them in this post, so check it out for reasonings.

In addition to that, I'd like to announce a new Solomod: Limited
I generated a bunch of Pokemon and tried to balance them around each other. The point was to create a small meta with a lof of variety in it. There are at least 3 Pokemon of each type and some types have more representitives, but no Pokemon shares a type with another.

The meta is dominated by Fire/Water/Grass cores since there are a lot of representatives of those types. Mainly, three sets of starters, Rotom formes and more Pokemon. With these cores, a Dragon is great at checking them, as well as Rotom, which its formes being the only Electrics in the meta.

Offensive teams are also extremely good with Meowscarada, Weavile and Swellow being fast offensive threats. These Pokemon also have their checks in Tinkaton, Scizor and Garganacl. There are many options for teambuilding, and many teams should fine a way to be viable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Em-unw9XZPzet54WEriTHJRx5erwrYPnW6jBXhVhZcs/edit?usp=sharing

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Name of Mod: ROCK ROULETTE
Mascot:

Link to Changes: Spreadsheet Link
Summary of the Mod: This SoloMod is based on both Rouletemons and Monothreat (Monotype, but the two teams share the same type). It includes every Rock-type Pokemon ever generated in every Rouletemons, as well as "backported" Mineral-type mons from Extreme Roulettemons, and Rock-type Primal forms for Roulettemons that had abilities with "Rock" in the name.
Competitive Overview:
Shapire-Weakened​
The only Pokemon that I nerfed for this meta (-100 BST), but still a huge threat. It gets Shell Smash + STAB Thousand Arrows, which hits everything for super-effective or neutral, since everything is part-Rock. It also resists Rock.
Crabtle​
185/183/49 bulk, has reliable recovery and resists Rock. It's movepool is shallow for what it does, but it has Fishious Rend (hits everything for super-effective or neutral), however the move is only useful on switch-ins, because Crabtle has 52 Atk and 66 Speed.
Dictatonic-Basic​
A special tank with untauntable Calm Mind that deals chip STAB damage, and a 100 BP STAB drain move. The four "backported" Mineral-type mons received +60 BST (despite that, they still have lower BST than every Roulettemon). Dictatonic is the mon that needed this buff the least.
Cateloon-Primal​
159 Attack, 141 Speed, with the equivalent of a 115 BP Power-Up Punch, which hits most of the meta for super-effective damage. Probably balanced by the fact it's a Bug-type in a meta of Rock-types, and as a Primal, it can't hold things like Boots or Scarf.
Baeye​
This Pokemon has the 2nd highest Special Attack stat for a base form, so it packs a punch. What makes this truly interesting though is being the only mon with Misty Surge, as well as one of few with access to Sandstorm and Teleport. A solid utility mon for bulkier teams.
Allinyte​
Fighting-immune mixed wall with 135/146/141 bulk and access to Ceaseless Edge, Giga Drain and reliable recovery.
Salamorph-Primal-X​
Offensive Trick Room sweeper, with 192 Special Attack and access to Apple Acid, a move that not only drops SpD but also hits everything for super-effective or neutral.
Armadily​
EdgeQuake spammers beware! The only mon in the meta that resists Rock AND is immune to Ground. It has solid speed and access to Stealth Rock, Spikes and Parting Shot. STAB Drain Punch and 79/93/152 are nice bonuses for this hazard setter.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Name of Mod: Randomized Monothreat+
Mascot: :pangoro:
Link to Changes: Here
Summary of the Mod: Randomized Monothreat+ is an eighteen-metagames-in-one Solomod that is based of Monothreat, where both player must use a team that shares the same type (i.e. Fire vs Fire).

The available Pokémon are randomly selected until there are at least 20 fully evolved Pokémon + seperate forms, and then adjustments has been made for Pokémon, moves, Abilities and a few items to allow lower-tiered Pokémon to keep up with the more popular threats. A few have even changed one of their types to reduce overlaps. Overpowered threats will be nerfed accordingly to be allowed to stay, although 660+ BST Legendaries and Arceus aren’t allowed except Regigigas, who retain Slow Start.

No generational super mechanics are included to keep a power level relatively low, which means no Mega Evolution, no Z-Moves, no Dynamax + Gigantamax and no Terastalization. This is to encourage the players to experiment and use unorthodox sets without fear of getting powered through. Learnsets are based off latest generation the Pokémon is available otuside of BDSP, though several will eventually gain their dexited moves back.

To shake things up, several Pokémon whose stat buff could exceed 60+ BST also gets fanmade evolutions, including a few that used to have a Mega Evolution but lost it from Gen 8 onward. Some Pokémon even benefits greatly from Eviolite, such as Sableye, Donphan and Kecleon, allowing them to catch up with their stronger counterpart. Some new evolutions even gain a type or change their one of their types to make for further diversity.

In order for Ghost and Dragon Monothreats to be remotely playable, both are no longer Super Effective against themselves. As compensation, Ghost is Super Effective against Steel while Dragon is Super Effective against Normal. See Changed Typed Interactions + Others in the link above for additional details.

For those unfamiliar with Monothreat, it is best to use moves that is super effective against the type of Monothreat, and Pokémon that are either neutral or even immune to the super effective type will fare better than those that is naturally weak to it. This means if a Psychic-type Pokémon have at least one damaging Ghost-type move, they will use it in Psychic Monothreat. Weakness-reducing Berries are a popular choice for that reason.

The metagames are meant to be experimental and all about exploiting your own type, so don’t be surprised to see unusual moves like Vacuum Wave from an Empoleon if it means taking down Rock-type Pokémon or another Empoleon residing in Water Monothreat, for example.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
Alright people
I've done this last year and put too much onto myself, but I'm ready to give it a try again.
I will try to get as many Solomods coded as possible. I have my eye on a few of them and I won't promise on what mods I will work on, so you are getting surprised on that. Just wanted to mention this and get people hyped on Solomods. Maybe a Solomod Team Tour could happen? (I don't have anything in the works btw)

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Name of Mod: UUbers
Mascot : Palkia-Origin
Link to Changes: I'll just post the custom challenge format:
/challenge Gen 9 Ubers @@@ - Miraidon, - Koraidon, - Zacian-Crowned, - Flutter Mane, - Kyogre, - Arceus-Base, - Skeledirge, - Groudon, - Arceus-Ground, - Ogerpon-Hearthflame, - Ting-Lu, - Baxcalibur, -Giratina-Origin, - Rayquaza, - Iron Bundle, - Eternatus, - Annihilape, - Chien-Pao, - Great Tusk, - Ribombee, - Calyrex-Ice, - Regieleki, - Kingambit, - Clodsire, - Arceus-Fairy, - Landorus-Therian, - Basculegion-Base, - Corviknight, - Mewtwo, - Glimmora, - Toxapex, - Iron Treads, - Arceus-Ghost, -Ditto, - Arceus-Steel, - Arceus-Water, - Arceus-Flying, - Arceus-Electric
Summary of the Mod: There are a lot of OUBL 'mons that have no use in Ubers, as well as Ubers 'mons that don't get any use. Learning from freedom cup, we shouldn't make a tier just dominated by flutter mane, so let's apply usage stats to ubers! It acts exactly like a mainline smogon tier, with a banlist (UUbersBL), monthly tier shifts, and could eventually take in some of the legendaries that (might) "drop" from Ubers in the indigo disk.
Competitive Overview: The metagame is currently run by arceus, palkia-o, and zacian. However, there are still many viable threats in the tier besides them like espathra, skymin and palafin. Hazard meta is very limited, with arceus and dialga as the best rockers, magearna as the best spiker, and only cyclizar and giratina as hazard control. There are already many different types of viable playstyles including trickroom, sun and rain, HO, stall, and roar balance. the one thing you NEED in this tier is some sort of phazing.
Background: So this meta was already started by me two weeks ago on r/ stunkfisk, and we blew up in a major way I couldn't anticipate, with 1000 people in the discord, and well over 1000 games played total. I also collabed with chompy to make a video about the format, which helped it grow significantly. So it's already a growing a vibrant community. I wanted to bring it over to smogon, and I'm just starting to reach out and see what's up. I (now) know this has been tried and failed before, but this particular meta we've developed seems really diverse and interesting. I want to introduce it to smogon properly, and not try to break any rules or etiquette, so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

ViZar

your toast is burned
Servus! Small update

Modern Gen 1 is playable on Dragon Heaven. I haven't find the time to do as many test as I'd liked due to me being busy rn, but most mechanics should work as intended.

I also coded this mod, while I was at it, since it was easy and quick to do.
Name of Mod: UUbers
Hope y'all enjoy. Feel free to contact me when there are bugs that need fixing. Meanwhile I will work on other mods. Stay tuned!

Hi! I am looking for some help on coding a solomod for me and a few friends to use. We are doing a group tournament as we play through Pokemon Rejuvenation once the new update comes out, and we would like to be able to use the crests/aevian forms in showdown. Most of the work wouldn't be able to be done until public release drops ofc but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help us figure this out? We don't have much experience coding unfortunately which is why we are reaching out

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Name of Mod: Modern Gen 4 (Discord is here!)
Mascot: :tyranitar-mega:
Summary of the Mod: National Dex based metagame with generation 4 mechanics. Some things that are present here is no team preview, permanent weather, and nerfs to moves like Knock Off and Defog. Certain moves and mechanics may behave very weirdly in this format, but that is accepted as part of the identity of the metagame.
Competitive Overview:
:sv/zoroark-hisui:
Zoroark-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Flamethrower / Psychic

Zoroark-H benefits from team preview being non-existent; this is probably broken but that is to be determined since there's been little games in the metagame so far.

Documentation on how certain abilities and moves work is to be determined. For now, assume that things work like something such as MG3.

View attachment 538058
Balls

Yes, you read that right! Balls! BALLS!! A solomod all around balls! In this absolutely hilarious metagame, there's a total of eighteen different balls you can add to your team, representive of each type. These balls range from the iconic Baseball, Basketball, non-sports balls like Crystalball, and even some bizarre choices like Watermelon and the literal Moon! With so many memetic choices, playing ball has never been more fun.

Unlike nearly every other cliche pet mod or solomod, Balls has a power level of Ubers!! Screw balance! We want the most hilariously overpowered balls possible! It just makes it funnier! We wouldn't want the legendary Baseball to be a OU normie, would we? All balls have a BST of 600, ridiciously optimized stats, abilities, and sometimes even movepools, creating a crazy metagame that keeps you on your toes. In all honesty, rather than do nerdy things like strategize and build proper teams, we just want mons that can easily tear opponents down with little effort. That's the little kid in us all.

Of course, this is all hyperbole. If certain mons turn out to be way below or above the rest, they will likely be adjusted accordingly. While not too many changes will likely be made to keep the metagame chaotic and meme-worthy, balance is still somewhat of a factor so all of the balls are equally obnoxious competitively. But that's assuming anyone will even play this mod enough for balance to be warranted.

Either way, this mod should be playable hopefully in the next showdown update or two. For now, feel free to study all the iconic balls and imagine the sillliest teams you can imagine. Here's the spreadsheet for your preperation. With that, I hope we all have a jolly good time with this super fun metagame that hopefully won't become cringe after playing a few days, making even the iconic baseball become uncool.

Spreadsheet
Update on the Balls mod! It is finally playable in Pokémon Showdown! Time to finally play ball!

I will mention that while vanilla mons are listed in the format, they’re not meant to be a part of the mod. Only balls are legally allowed in the Balls Pet Mod. I might figure out how to fix it eventually but for now please stick to using only the legendary balls in your teams.

While I doubt many actually care enough about this dumb pet mod (I think the baseball meme died recently RIP), I would highly appreciate if someone wanted to test some battles with me and others so we can properly balance the metagame. It’s meant to be chaotic and overpowered, but I still want the power level to be somewhat consistent to keep it fun.​

Name of mod: Rejuvenating Showdown
Mascot: Giratina-Origin
Summary: The fan game Pokemon Rejuvenation is having the release of V13.5 later today. In a month or so (or perhaps longer), a few friends and I want to play the game together, and do monotype tournaments after certain badge checkpoints. The game adds held items called crests that buff certain weaker mons, turns gigantamax mons into megas, adds a few extra moves, and a set of regional variants. We would like to be able to use these in our tournaments. The format would be Gen 8 Custom Game, as gen 9 is not available yet in game.

My friends and I have little to no coding experience however, and we would love it if we could get some help in making this mod. Please, if you are interested, respond to this or DM me so we can get the ball rolling on this relatively soon.

Thank you in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)