Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hybrid, I'd like to see a Bahamut-esque sprite of a city on an island on Salamence's back. I tried it myself but it didn't turn out too well. I'd like to see your take on it though!

Hey, I'm CK, you probably saw my noobish mistake of not seeing the rules and posting an original art thread... :/

Anyways here are some of my better sprites:

Fusions:

Recolours:

Scratch:

It might look nice, but I don't generally go back and change sprites I did ages ago like that one. Might do it at some point though.

EDIT: I decided to give it a try, which do you think is better:
or
?

Here are some banners from my trade thread. Comments?
They're really colourful and the brushes you use look very nice. But there are some negative points, like the font who, for me, is unreadable, especially on the Smeargle banner. Also, there are some pixels who shouldn't be there and some who are missing, like on Raikou's eyes. I think it might be because of the Transparent tool, so if you want to remove a white background, fill it with a very flashy colour like a fluorescent yellow and use the Transparent tool on that colour, so the white colour on the eyes will be untouched.

Here are some banners from my trade thread. Comments?
Overall, not too bad, but a few nitpicks:

As soraryuu said, you have font problems. Try not to use the exact same font for every banner, and you want font to be clear if its a banner. sigs are something else.

the icons in the bottom left corners are unnecessary, and take some attention away from the main banner. if its your "signature" or something, you could maybe turn the opacity down to ~30%, so its barely visible. Personally i never do this, and i don't see the point anybody else does.

The sprites are also unnecessary, because they don't really add anything to the banner, and once again, takes attention away from the main render and text.

EDIT: render was so sexy i couldn't resist

Can someone please make me a Suicune wallpaper? You have no idea how much I'd appreciate it. Can it have Brendan written in the corner of it or something as well?

I want as my profile photo on facebook as all of a sudden some sort of Pokemon week has exploded out of nowhere and i need an amazing one to out do everyone and show my love for Pokemon!
i need it done pretty fast so i would appreciate if someone would make it for me soon

Attached (and soon to be my avatar) is my first, and quite possibly last, recolour - Dialga in Cambridge Blue. Looks a bit washed out, though I fear that's going to always be inherited since the base colour isn't exactly saturated.

Sprite taken from Bulbapedia, recoloured by editing the colourmap in The Gimp.

Feedback?

Attachments

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great concepts, you just need to 'proofread' your sprites a bit more to check for missing pixels like on the Tyranitar (and making lines neater etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)