OU CCAT - Mark III (Laddering/Discussing - See Post #547)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, now it's time to vote. You may back up your claim with text and discussion.

Here are the nominations:

Teamstyle Ballot

General Archetypes (Choose 1)
  • Stall / Semi-stall
  • Balance / Bulky Offense
  • Heavy Offense
  • Baton Pass
Weather Dependence (Choose 1)
  • Weather Independent - May include weather summoners to combat opposing weather
  • Weather-centric - Team with weather-dependent abusers
Weather Type (ONLY choose if you select Weather-centric; Choose 1)
  • Rain
  • Sand
  • Sun
  • Hail

Here's a sample entry:
Heavy Offense
Weather-centric
Sun
Discussion Responses

Weather-Centric TeamsWeather-Independent Teams
Hopefully this voting format will allow people to select a loose template for our CCAT while having an overall "big picture" of what our desired team would look like.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I revised Electrolyte's ballot to provide a more flexible yet directional approach to this voting process. Please follow the new voting directions. Anikrahman, The Reptile, and Superpowerdude should re-submit your voting entries.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Balance / Bulky Offense
Weather-Independent

also when did ho start meaning heavy offense as opposed to hyper offense?

tehy

Banned deucer.
Heavy Offense
Weather-independent

I mean, just look at the choices.
  • Stall / Semi-stall
  • Balance / Bulky Offense
  • Heavy Offense
  • Baton Pass
Stall, and even semi-stall, have very little use for being baton passed subs.

A lot of people are choosing bulky offense, which to me makes little sense. The point of subpass is to have a pokemon with boosts against a team only beats sweepers by never letting them set up, or a team that relies on revenge-killing. I'm not saying that bulky pokemon can't use a sub, just that it's not as useful, and i'm not seeing any great, bulky recipients-slowbro would be the best, but even then, i feel like plenty of pokemon beat him even WITH a sub. BP offense is interesting, but i feel like we'd just end up with a BP team. If he passes to a pokemon that sets up to bp, the sub protection is nice, but IMO not that useful. If he passes to a recipient, they'll have no boosts and will be less threatening. Also, BP is supposed to have surprise value, which it wouldn't have on a BP team. So to me, HO makes the most sense.

As for the weathers, i guess Sun could work out, but many sun sweepers are outright walled, not checked.Rain could work too but the synergy seems weak to me, although it'd help with CM keldeo (Actually, CM keldeo with a sub might be GG for many teams), SS seems pointless and hail seems outright detrimental. SO weatherless HO seems best to me;or maybe rain HO.

Balanced Offense
Weather-independent

I revised Electrolyte's ballot to provide a more flexible yet directional approach to this voting process. Please follow the new voting directions. Anikrahman, The Reptile, and Superpowerdude should re-submit your voting entries.
Thanks for this. I think this gives us a much better way of choosing a general style without being too constrained.

Balance/Bulky Offense
Weather Independent

I am hoping that we'll be able to adjust the playstyle according to the Pokemons that we choose and that we won't restrict ourselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)