Project 1v1 Secret Santa 2023 (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Thank you to everyone who signed up! I am currently working on finalizing the list of who got who, so you should get your designated secret santa person soon! REMINDER: please do NOT tell the person who you got that you are building their secret santa team! Keep it a surprise until it is ready! If anyone needs help building their teams please do not hesitate to reach out to me, I am more than happy to help!

The team submission deadline is Sunday, December 31st at 11:59 GMT -5.

Contact me for any reason through smogon PM or my discord (@ Mojangles or @ Slip in the 1v1 discord)

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I'm a bit early but merry christmas crucify!

:raikou: :archaludon: :arcanine-hisui: (click me!)
I've built a team around Raikou for you. As for the Raikou set, I picked PP stall with Protect, Substitute, Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave as filler. I don't think any offensive Raikou set would be strong enough to beat anything in the current metagame, so I went with stall. As for the moveset, I figured that there isn't any other filler move worth using because I didn't see anything winning you additional matchup aside from Thunder Wave cheesing some stuff with paralysis, so I figured that would be the best option. I actually ended up abusing it quite a lot.

I wanted to pair it with something fast and strong and something resilient (preferable something with like Sturdy) to handle stuff that's too offensive for Raikou to handle. (e.g. scarf Haxorus, Scale Shot stuff, Hoopa) I ended up picking Archaludon because the combination of Sturdy and Metal Burst turns a lot of matchups that would otherwise be lost into mindgames. I figured that Custap would be a good option for the item since it fares well with Sturdy and was extremely torn between Protect and Endure from there. I think both have merit, Endure gets some matchups where Custap wouldn't activate and Protect gets some matchups against Fake Out stuff and additional burn chip against Ursaluna. I think Endure is better overall but both are valid choices. On the last slot I went with Arcanine-Hisui because it's a great combination of both fast and strong with a Choice Scarf. I'm aware that this means I'm running too many inaccurate moves for comfort between Draco Meteor and Head Smash but I found Arcanine-Hisui to get a damn lot of matchups in the current meta so I think the fish is worth it.

I had a bunch of versions with stuff like Deoxys-Speed and Ogerpon-Hearthflame before but I scrapped those for one reason or another (I thought Psychic Noise Specs Deoxys-Speed sounded really funny into stall stuff but I didn't run into a single enemy Pokemon with recovery so I binned that one) and this is the version that I thought got the best matchups out of all of them. I'm aware of there being 3 Ground-weaks but Archaludon should salvage against most with Metal Burst. The speed is for minspeed while still outspeeding Adamant Ursaluna, by the way. (The route there is pretty straightforward with Flash Cannon into Draco Meteor, but don't forget to Protect whenever you can except turn 1 to make them eat some additional burn chip, you may not always have to risk Draco if you do that)

I'll send you the account details so you can check out all the changes the team went through if you want, there should be at least one replay for each version. I also smoked Murman a couple times and made sure to upload all of those replays as well so you can also check those out if you'd like.

bern

no.1 cramorant fan ❤️
is a Social Media Contributor
forgot that i had to do it over here and not through PMs
anyway i am ever-so-lucky that i got assigned to make a team for my homie stravench, so merry christmas!!!!!!

:roaring-moon::primarina::archaludon: Music Styles! ty leru for the cool idea

Desired Pokemon: Roaring Moon

moon is not real :sob: but i think i made a team that works! i decided to go with attack booster with knock off and scale shot for good stabs. x-scissor for hoopa and acrobatics for decent coverage, also evs to live a focus blast from scarf hoopa.
i knew that the team needed a steel and fairy type, so i picked the new pokemon, primarina and archaludon.
primarina is strong and has a potent torrent hydro cannon, and its steel neutrality means it's not easy to target its weaknesses
archaludon is a steel type pokemon with strong stabs and sturdy... idk what else to tell you, might be new toy syndrome but i think it's pretty good with power herb, meteor beam and electro shot as coverage.

ty Murman for qc i thnik?

Last edited:

Miyoko

Be happy!
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Merry Christmas Urfgurgle !
Here is ur secret santa team based on Garchomp.
:garchomp: :necrozma: :iron valiant:
Desired Pokémon: :Garchomp: - Garchomp
This team seems more like an ss team lol.

:Garchomp: - Starting with our hero, garchomp. It has great atk stats. The EVs and IVs r of gen 8. It survives a primarina moonblast and can 2hko back with eq. :custap berry: Custap berry helps vs faster mons that don't have priority or locked into moves. Some speed helps it to outspeed other custap mons.

:necrozma: - Next is Necrozma and i don't need to explain abt it lol. It's Prismatic Laser + :choice specs: Choice Specs is so strong that it can OHKO anything. Heat wave beats steels. Hyper beam for dark types and photon geyser as a psychic type move which doesn't need recharge. Also it avoids abilities and can kill Sturdy mons.

:iron valiant: - Our last Pokémon is the most beloved mon of all time, Iron Valiant. This cool designed Pokemon is monstrous. It's encore disable set can literally beat anything and everything. It is currently the top stall mon. With :booster energy: booster energy+ speed, it is the fastest encore disabler and I don't need to explain abt this lol. Everyone in his/her life has once (atleast) struggled vs this mon and set

This was the introduction of the team. I hope u will like it and enjoy using it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too in advance. Stay happy and safe. Thank you!

Merry Christmas Krytocon!

In the spirit of Christmas, I give to you these teams of your desired Pokemon.

Desired Pokemon: :Incineroar:
https://pokepast.es/c71ca91ae0d95d5c

Regidrago is the haban set to handle most other dragons. Regidrago handles the elemental types pretty well which the other two might struggle against. To round out the dragon slayers, is Metagross. Metagross is the AV variant which is designed to live a banded adamant Haxorus, banded Azumarill, and Landorus Incarnate Earthpower. The last mon is the Incineroar. The team was built to be around Incineroar. This particular Incineroar outspeeds modest Magnezone or tanks a thunder from a timid one. The Defense on Incineroar is to survive a banded close combat from Iron Hands after Intimidate and Bulk Up.

https://pokepast.es/b282d5efd2346d50

There is also this one that I made which has AV Incineroar which beats PZ, paired with Hisuian Goodra and Iron Bundle. Goodra uses the Chople berry for mons fighters like Valiant. Iron bundle uses choice specs for immediate power to break through things.

I had two choices for the desired Pokemon so here's the other as a bonus :>

Desired Pokemon: Physical:Sylveon:
https://pokepast.es/ed4c34b8ab762e64

This team was fun trying to build lol but it might not be the best. Regidrago is the Life Orb Variant which is capable of beating Cresselia with the boosts from Dragon Dance. Ogerpon is also there because this mon is broken, the set which most Porygon Z with Spdef investments for great odds vs PZ. Lastly is the Sylveon. Sylveon is built to tank a gunk shot from banded ursaluna to activate WP and to Hyper Beam. (It's more of a mixed attacker but bear with the 65 base attack Pokemon which even giga impact doesn't OHKO).

I hope these teams serve you well and don't get 3-0'd by common stuff that I missed!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Shoutout to bo_bobson27 LittEleven and Slip for advice and sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)