Project 1v1 Secret Santa 2023 (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1701743458901.png

Approved by Itchy | Art By bored_glitch | Format Stolen from 1v1 Secret Santa 2020

Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously receive and give a gift to someone else in the community they were assigned. For this particular project, the gifts will be 1v1 teams! This is your chance to share and receive ideas for team building that you always wanted to try or never thought of before. Everyone who signs up will be given 1 person they will have to gift and will receive 1 gift from someone else. Please read the details below in order to get a more in depth understanding of this years format.

:sawsbuck-winter: General Rules :sawsbuck-winter:
  • Post "in" to join.
  • Please do not sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. No one likes to get stuffed of their gift due to a selfish sign up. I will be available to help anyone who needs it and will be checking in with each signup for progress in order to prevent anyone getting stiffed a gift from happening so don't be afraid to reach out if you need to!
  • Avoid telling the person you are assigned that you got them as it will ruin the surprise factor of the project. People will inevitably tell their friends who they got, so if someone tells you don't go tell the person who has them!

:Cryogonal: Submission Rules :Cryogonal:

• Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the deadline then your sign up will be void.
  • You can request any pokemon/core you like, but please remember that building levels are different for everyone in 1v1 which can make your request more difficult.
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it.
  • After sign-ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them. Once you're done building the team, bump the PM with the end result.
  • If you don't want me to see the team you made, you're allowed to use https://cryptobin.co/. However, make sure you provide me with the password so the person you're gifting can open the bin!
  • Similarly to the Pokemon/core requests, it is preferred that you keep teams as viable as possible. This means do not just throw 2 random pokemon on the team with the players request pokemon and call it a day. As long as effort is being put in, then you will easily align with this rule.
  • If you do not put effort into your team (purposely submit a troll team to make someone mad or so you can get a free team with minimal effort) we reserve the right to remove you from the Secret Santa group and take away take away your assigned gifter. I doubt this will be an issue, but please remember this is supposed to be a fun project not a min max for someone else to do all the work.

:delibird: Miscellaneous Details :delibird:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par. Help is everywhere around you in order to finish a team. I just ask you try your best to make the best you can.
  • If you suddenly cannot finish a team because of life getting in the way, please let me know ASAP so that we can handle the situation accordingly.
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign-up deadline, but due to the amount of requests that will be coming in, it is best recommended to take some time to think about what you want before telling me the first thing that comes to mind.
  • Have fun!
The sign up deadline is Sunday, December 17th at 11:59 PM GMT -5. No further sign-ups will be accounted for.
The team submission deadline is Sunday, December 31st at 11:59 GMT -5. No further submissions will be accounted for.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)