Your favourite anime of 2007?

I didn't particularly like the ending in Death Note, so it lost points there and Claymore was overall disappointing. I think the manga is actually better than the anime without even reading it. If the producers hadn't rushed the anime so much, it would have been better. -Rozen Maiden/Rozen Maiden Traumend (second season of Rozen Maiden) - Some people think this is like Fate/Stay Night because here dolls have these contractors and they have to kill eachother for their Rosa Mystica in order to meet Father, their creator. However, it's much more than that, as it deeply exploits the dolls emotions. I still have to watch the two last episodes of Traumend, but I'm very impressed with this anime.

More like Fate-Stay Night is better in every single way humanly possible.

I simply think it makes no sense to go by anything but the original release date. Had Brawl been released in Japan in 2007, it would not be a 2008 video game!

You know we disagree with everything ;O. I love Lain, you hate Lain, I dislike Fate/Stay Night, you like Fate/Stay Night. I enjoy excellent music, you don't. :D

.hack//Sign was one of the fucking best animes I've ever seen despite knowing nothing about the .hack universe and I fucking love the dub for it, it's one of those rare cases where the dub was better than the sub.

Also it had good characters.

Anyways I didn't really watch anything in 2007 except Naruto when it came back from the cesspit of filler, so I'm giving it to Naruto thanks to the timeskip not sucking balls.

When I heard the concept for .hack//SIGN I was pretty interested. Friends told me it was boring, I said I'd probably like it as I'm so into games. I watch it, it was 26 episodes of standing around, talking, and not advancing the plot in any way.

It was also confusing.

And I hated Tsukasa.

Since I didn't watch any new 2007 anime, other than Naruto Shippuuden, it'd have to be that. It started slow, but got better.

Ongoing wise, I have to second One Piece here. It has been the fucking shit so far (save for some filler) and the Thriller Bark arc just started.

My top 3 of 07 would be (in order from worst to best) Clannad, Higurashi Kai, and Code Geass. HMs to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Moyashimon, Bamboo Blade, Gurren Lagann, and Death Note.

LuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStarIamsuchanerdLuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStarLuckyStar

I didn't notice how old this thread was until I saw my own post and didn't recognize it. Way to bring this from the dead

My favorite anime i was introduced to in 2007 was Baccano! thanks to CaptKirby...holy shit it was amazing

I've only watched FMA and Death Note aside from those, and i thoroughly enjoyed them this year

earlier i've watched Cowboy Bebop and Oulaw Star, both kicked immense ass

now i don't know what to watch next. I hated Hellsing, and Fate Stay Night wasn't doing it for me. I'm thinking Blood+. Any ideas?

Firestorm pretty much hit it: One Piece>all. Anyway, of the anime you mentioned, the only ones I saw were Gurren and Haruhi. Haruhi was excellent! Can't wait for The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Also looking forward to FMA 2 if it actually follows the manga storyline, which is really heating up! Also, I started the Death Note manga, and it was excellent for the first 20 chapters or so, and then it started getting annoying. I dropped it after 36 chapters...

SD watch One Piece. Nothing really quite compares to One Piece. However it suffers from slow-starter syndrome. It doesn't quite kick off until the first 30 eps are down (still has some awesome moments though). After that, it's just one amazing ride! There isn't a single non-filler boring arc, and the best part is that you never know when some seemingly insignificant incident/character at some point will resurface and create a twist in the plot. The humour is excellent, the characters are wonderful and their rapport, their uniqueness, their pasts and their goals make One Piece shine. Also, the whole world in which it One Piece is set, the Government with its mysterious past, the Devil Fruits, all the various factions, the islands and seas....everything. One Piece is simply the best there is as far as I'm concerned. Its size can be kind of intimidating though, the manga is already 514 chapters, with no signs of stopping anytime in the next 5-6 years, and the anime is already 370-ish eps long(with some 30-40 eps of filler I guess). Its worth it though.

*Goes to read latest FMA Chapter*

EDIT:Wow....that was some chapter...

Yeah so after this thread was rezzed I've been able to watch gurren lagann and can give a hearty FUCK YOU to anyone that says it's bad because it is the best anime ever, if you disagree you are wrong.

mecha_r2_c2_f4.jpg

Seriously suck my giant metal dick

The best 2007 anime was Baccano, but #2 was Nodame Cantabile!

So best 2008 anime..anyone for Code Geass R2? No? :x (haha I wonder how terrible the last episode tonight will be...hopefully a gigantic clusterfuck)

Lucky Star.

Also the R2 ending was worst than clusterfuck oh my god, best anime this year would probably be Macross Frontier. (unless something really good shows up)

Back