NOC Working Title Mafia (Game Thread) [Mafia Wins]

Alright so my thoughts first of all I don't think redless is mafia because he didn't say anything that would make him suspicious to be honest . One thing i don't understand is why he would vote me?

For you you seem to be trusting me but is that a good idea ecat because other people said that I'm scum but I'm not mafia.

For you you seem to be trusting me but is that a good idea ecat because other people said that I'm scum but I'm not mafia.

I don't know if it was a good idea or not. But initially, regardless of whether you were Mafia or Town, the people who suspected you did so with arguments that didn't seem correct to me. They didn't indicate any reasons, they just said, "hmm, she looks like scum because she's not active," but you were actually being active.

When I discussed this with Lechen and saw that you started cooperating, I believed you were trustworthy. After that day, I didn't see you do anything suspicious, which is why I trusted you.

I still need to isolate your content and see if there is something I missed, but that's the reason behind my trust in you.

I don't know if it was a good idea or not. But initially, regardless of whether you were Mafia or Town, the people who suspected you did so with arguments that didn't seem correct to me. They didn't indicate any reasons, they just said, "hmm, she looks like scum because she's not active," but you were actually being active.

When I discussed this with Lechen and saw that you started cooperating, I believed you were trustworthy. After that day, I didn't see you do anything suspicious, which is why I trusted you.

I still need to isolate your content and see if there is something I missed, but that's the reason behind my trust in you.
?

I finally ended my self-review of the game, I think this could make more easier to decide if I'm mafia or not. It's a self track of everything I have done here. Feel free to ask about any point if you want more explanation or something.

Ecat's recapitulation thoughts:

• I defended people who were a bit new to the game, like Catfries and Des, from being lynch targets.
  • I tried to prevent DBD and Redless from being lynched because I wanted more information from them.
  • I refused to join a Jalmont wagon. I preferred to vote for Redless because he didn't present any defense.
  • I had a long chat with Genisu where I committed to being more active.
  • I was absent at the end of the deadline, and my vote couldn't be changed in time.

• I was glad to see that Catfries and Des had improved the quality and quantity of their posts.
  • I liked a post Redless made about not attacking Des and Catfries.
  • I mentioned that Alice had been strongly suspecting Joey to see if it was possible to start a wagon on him.
  • I expressed my displeasure about Pulsar making an early and unfounded lockvote against Catfries.
  • Wagons against Joey and Jalmont finally formed, but they were confusing. Both started defending themselves, and there were divided opinions from people I trusted. I suggested opting for Pulsar, as I really disliked her playstyle.
  • I talked with M2H, who presented interesting reasons to vote for Jalmont, so I decided to vote for him.

• Seeing Jalmont's flip as town, I asked for a wagon on Joey this time.
  • I gave my reads on all the living players (post #1700), marking Joey, Flandrs, Pulsar, Redless, and Saber as suspicious.
  • Pulsar/Joey >>>>> Redless > Saber/Flandrs > Catfries was my priority order for voting.
  • I managed to convince Lechen not to vote for Des. Lechen had been pressuring Des for a long time due to her lack of activity, but she had improved a lot in that aspect, so I didn't see any arguments to support the vote.
  • Lechen then decided on her own to start a wagon against Pulsar, with the condition that Des also vote for Pulsar.
  • There wasn't much enthusiasm for other wagons; everyone had voted for Pulsar, including me.
  • Close to the deadline, I felt rivalry towards Redless, who had read me as scum without presenting many arguments.

• I asked if anyone was the backup Tracker to inform us so we could plan the vote better. No one did, so I assumed they were already dead.
  • I indicated that after seeing the numbers, I personally didn't see a clear advantage between voting for WW or Mafia, but I clarified that the most important thing was not to vote for a town.
  • Des and HH started a wagon against Redless.
  • Flandrs started one against Saber. Later, he said he believed Saber was the WW.
  • I asked Catfries to please give me their read on the game.
  • Saber randomly voted for Des.
  • Close to the deadline, the only possible wagons were Redless or Saber. I decided to go with Saber because I wasn't sure about Redless; there was a possibility he could be town.

• I didn't like how Flandrs or Catfries acted at the end of the previous day.
  • Catfries agreed with me on voting for Flandrs. I asked him to elaborate on his reasons, which made me trust him a bit more.
  • I liked Redless' stance on starting to lock votes, so I locked my vote on Flandrs.
  • I was absent for a while since I had already locked my vote and returned at the deadline to see the result.

Hey, sorry I'm late, here's my summary of the entire game, specifically the posts that I thought were useful relating to the three of us:

197 - ecat defends unfounded des bloodlust
243 - flandrs votes me -- "better than rand"
352 - ecat defends m2h
364 - ecat defends pulsar
560 - joey questions votes on me
634 - I vote joey
635 - flandrs unsuspects me for voting joey
660 - des votes jalmont
690 - ecat suspects me and defends des. note that I was the only of the top 3 wagons at this point who wasn't scum
693 - ecat votes me. not interested in joey/flandrs
703 - ecat makes a readlist that didn't age well
973 - joey suggests me as a target
978 - joey suggests not killing me
1062 - des votes catfries
1106 and 1108 - des pushes catfries
1138 - ecat votes catfries
1120 - des reads catfries as scum based on his votes
1247 - I roundly debunk the catfries vote and start a counterwagon... also on town
1269 - joey suspects myself and des
1271 - des accuses flandrs
1319 - des asks flandrs to explain his vote on her
1323 - des votes catfries
1352 - des is friendly with flandrs
1363 - I bravely denounce the catfries wagon in the strongest possible terms
1410 - joey scumreads me, scumleans ecat, and nulls des
1467 - des asks flandrs for reads
1477 - des TL's ecat and SL's me
1537 - joey votes me, locks at EoD
1593 - flandrs votes me, locks a few posts later
(next day)
1640 - des votes catfries
1671 - des votes Joey
1683 - des questions flandrs
1711 - ecat waffles on joey, then says he thinks he's scum
1737 - lechen points out des's super weird "TMI slip"
later - flandrs and joey reassure des publicly after her TMI slip
1825 - des professes good vibes on ecat
1844 - my readspost that aged ok
1872 - flandrs votes me
1920 - des votes me
2003 - ecat says I am likely town or WW (also 2051)
2084 - flandrs votes des (locks her later)

The best case against voting me is that both Joey and flandrs attempted to vote for me repeatedly. Both locked me when I was runner up and the main wagon in a close race was another town member. This is patently crazy to do if the three of us are a scumteam.

Right now, I can't help but feel like des121 is the mafia member remaining. I found her interactions with flandrs/joey to be very suspicious. She acts very familiar with both of them.

The most damning single post is the classic slip at 1683. How can you explain this post except that des thought she was replying in scumchat and mistakenly posted here instead?

ya but saber is town. He's not mafia. Are you gonna vote joey or keep staying on catfries? StupidFlandrs48

After she makes this post, she acts slightly sad and then flandrs and joey both go out of their way to reassure her.

And then, we have the fact that flandrs voted for her yesterday. This vote reads to me like a scummate trying to deflect suspicion from her. Note he didn't post barely at all besides this yesterday, just voted des and accepted his fate without trying to start a real wagon on her.

Vote des121

I am now going to read through ecat's analysis of the game.

Right now, I can't help but feel like des121 is the mafia member remaining. I found her interactions with flandrs/joey to be very suspicious. She acts very familiar with both of them.

The most damning single post is the classic slip at 1683. How can you explain this post except that des thought she was replying in scumchat and mistakenly posted here instead?

After she makes this post, she acts slightly sad and then flandrs and joey both go out of their way to reassure her.

And then, we have the fact that flandrs voted for her yesterday. This vote reads to me like a scummate trying to deflect suspicion from her. Note he didn't post barely at all besides this yesterday, just voted des and accepted his fate without trying to start a real wagon on her.

Vote des121

I am now going to read through ecat's analysis of the game.
Redless I'm not mafia

Des Recap:

• Des seems quite confused and lost. I think she was overwhelmed by the number of messages. She often commented that she was confused and needed time to think.
  • Des requests a votecount to see who voted and who didn’t, to make a better decision.
  • In #624, Pulsar says that after reading her posts, she thinks Des is just a bit lost.
  • Jalmont votes randomly for Flandrs, Des questions him, and seeing that Jalmont doesn’t offer a coherent response, she decides to vote for him.

• Des votes for catfries following Lechen’s logic. She feels that Catfries was scum and Lechen thought the same.
  • She is asked to expand more on the reasoning behind her vote, and she says that she is still a bit confused but has a theory that Catfries is a mafia backup.
  • She asks several people for their thoughts on Flandrs.
  • Des says that Catfries, Flandrs, and Saber could be scum.
  • Des asks for many people’s opinions and receives praise from Joey for increasing her activity significantly.
  • Des summarizes the situation to me and says she thinks I am not mafia. She tells me the plan is to vote for Jalmont or Joey.
  • Des finally leaves her vote on Jalmont.

• Des plans to vote for Catfries, Joey, or Pulsar. She asks other players for information to lean toward an option.
  • Des has a brief chat with Flandrs where he questions her for not vote-locking the previous day.
  • Des thinks Redless is not Wolf and Joey is not Mafia.
  • Des argues a bit with Lechen and decides to change her vote to Joey.
  • Here, what Redless mentions happens in post 1683.
  • Des states that she wants to keep voting for Joey.
  • Lechen finds something else to argue about with Des. I join the chat, and Des ends up changing her vote to Pulsar to align with Lechen and avoid problems.
  • Joey compliments Des but also reads her as Wolf or Mafia.
  • Des thanks him but asserts she is neither mafia nor Wolf.
  • Saber says Des could be mafia.
  • Des says Pulsar is suspicious but so is Joey.

• I asked Des what she thought of Catfries and Redless. She said Catfries seemed like town and Redless a bit scummy. But she wanted more information and to read messages before affirming anything.
  • Hydreigon asks Des about her vote the previous day. Des says she thought Joey was an excellent vote but changed her vote to Pulsar.
  • Des votes for Redless. I don’t quite understand why. I think it was to follow Hydreigon, who also voted for Redless.
  • Saber votes for Des and claims she is Mafia.
  • Des can’t confirm it but thinks Flandrs is town.
  • Des votes for Saber because he accused her of being the Wolf, and it wasn’t true.
  • Saber asked her to retract her vote, but Des refuses because she doesn’t trust him.

• Des asks other players and decides to vote for Flandrs.
  • Des reminds Flandrs that he needs to respond to the accusations made by the other players.
  • Des says she suspects Catfries and Redless.

Day 6
Today

Back