What Extracurriculars did you do in High School?

When I was in High School, I did cross country, soccer, and tennis. All were varsity, thank you very much! ^_^ I enjoyed having fun with my friends AND kicking another school's asses. I discontinued my athletic career in college though. I'm going to a community college and their main sport is swimming...ewwwww.

I hope this thread could also be interpreted as "What Extracurricular Activities are you taking in High School". My school district is rather poor, so we unfortunately don't have much in the form of programming or engineering.

Anyway, what I've got:

Math Team- Very happy when our team won the JV competition last year.
Quiz bowl- Oh so fun and I love the random things you learn
Student Council- We mainly decorate for events and dances, but It's been pretty fun.
FBLA- Argh, we do so little in this. I don't actually dislike it at all, we just never have meetings or the like.

I also use to have band for my Freshmen year... I absolutely hated it. I didn't like the marching, I didn't experience any kind of reward from preforming, and I was being dragged into a group I had never associated myself with (not band, the creepiest upon creepy band nerds that showed just apathy for school). To put it short and sweet, fuck the tuba.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Varsity XC.
Varsity Track.
Sophmore Class student council representative.
Math team.
JV Basketball (although i ended up having to quit last year cause schoolwork was getting to hard)
Peer leadership (though that is more inschool)

Not bad I guess.

Cross Country Varsity, 16:43 5k PR
Track Varsity, 4:56 Mile PR
athletic.net profile
DnD club (yes...we actually had a DnD club)
Piano Lessons, though not school related.
heh i'm right where you were sophmore year for 5k.

outdoor club
jv basketball

most of this shit is a waste of time to me personally, never really saw how my communication skills improved much :/

ill be going for varsity football next year (constant health problems haven't let me play at all, finally healthy).

I often thought they were a waste of time, and most of them are imo :P

Some friends convinced me to join the robotics team, so I did. We were team 888 for the NASA robotics competitions. I ran into my old teacher last month, and 4 years later, he's still at it.

I also did Habitat for Humanity with my church each summer. If there's anything to do, it's this. You may not get along or like some of the kids you work with, like any other club, but by the end of the week, you'll grow to love them. It's an eye opening experience and a very rewarding one too; if you have the chance to do it, don't pass it up.

Well my school doesn't really have many clubs that interesting, and currently I am not in any at all (Senior year).

Though, sophomore year I joined Multicultural Club, which was a ton of fun. Met a lot of people who became my friends and I enjoyed eating the food people would bring in. :naughty: I was also on the tennis team, but during our last tournament I got intensely sick and never got to play. :/

Junior year I was again in Multicultural Club. Still enjoyed it, got to learn a lot more this year about other cultures than last year (We didn't do much except make food for each other and talk about anything but culture lol). I joined Rugby because I wanted to do some extra working out and the practice was tough. I completely and totally sucked, barely go to play, but it was a decent experience.

All of the friends I made from Multicultural Club were a year older, so when they left there was nobody left to really run the club so it doesn't exist this year. :( Wouldn't be the same with different people for sure though...
I might join some kinda club later on though, but there is nothing at all interesting. I'd like to join Photography Club though, I'd like to learn the 'science' behind taking photos and would enjoy doing it as a hobby. I just have no idea where to start... What kinda camera to get, yadayada.

Everyone I've spoken to in that club is more interested in doing portraits and environmental photos. :\ Nobody I've spoken with likes fashion photography, which is what interests me lol.

Varsity tennis, indoor track, math team, physics team, various orchestras, class vice president, newspaper club.

ECs are essential if you want to go to a top college. If you are just trying to get into your run of the mill state schools, they don't really matter except for scholarships.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
School cricket team
Quiz teams
Maths team
Young Enterprise
Deputy head boy
Poker society
Economics society
Spirit of Enterprise

Wrestling, Reach for the Top (trivia; like QuizBowl), Chess Club, Ping Pong Club, various plays and stage performances

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)