The Official "Complain about being beat by Seattle Defense" Thread

You guys forgot about Peyton. Got him in the 8th round and traded away Brees (who I got with the #3 pick) for Julio Jones and Brandon Lloyd. I also eventually recieved Stafford in a trade as backup/trade bait

even if you were to go QB first round... weren't brees/rodgers/newton/brady still on the board?
all gone. i drafted like 8th i think.

all the RB talk is interesting, but last year i had good RBs and Rothlisberger and i did terrible, while Stafford had a career year last year, hence my change of style this year.

:pirate:

Any of you want to help me out with a potential trade? Standard scoring league, one W/R slot. This guy says he's interested in my two starting RBs (LeSean and AP).

My 1-3 team is:

QB: Vick/Palmer (d/c'd and autodrafted Vick in the 5th round, along with the rest of my team after ~_~)
RB: McCoy/AP/Benson/K. Smith
WR: S. Smith/Harvin/Nicks/Hawkins/D. Avery
TE: Hernandez/Daniels
K: Seabass
D: Niners

I feel good about my starters (aside from Vick). But I have no depth. The other guy at 3-1 has:

QB: P. Manning/Flacco
RB: Rice/Forte/Turner/M. Bush
WR: Andre Johnson/Wayne/Amendola/Stevie Johnson/Marshall
TE: Davis
K: Gostkowski
D: Da Bears

I feel like either of his QBs would be upgrades over Vick, because I'm almost sure he's going to get injured. And they are both scoring well. Best free agent QB is Schaub. He obviously has a shit ton of depth at WR, and I'm short there for as long as Nicks is injured.

I am thinking I could swing one of my two starter RBs and Nicks for one of his lesser RBs and Wayne (I really like him). Or perhaps get 2 WRs in exchange for Harvin or S. Smith. The thing is that I really dislike all of his RBs aside from Rice... which I suppose is why he wants to trade in the first place. Any ideas on how I could swing this in my favor? I'm leaning toward just standing pat for now.

Somehow this team is 1-3 for me:

Newton
D. Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Lynch
T. Richardson
Brandon Pettigrew/Kyle Rudolph (I switch back and forth)
Reggie Bush
Greg Jennings (Ryan Williams this week cause Jennings sucks and is hurt)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Somehow this team is 1-3 for me:

Newton
D. Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Lynch
T. Richardson
Brandon Pettigrew/Kyle Rudolph (I switch back and forth)
Reggie Bush
Greg Jennings (Ryan Williams this week cause Jennings sucks and is hurt)
Don't want to hear it. I have a team of Brees, Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne, Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson, and Vernon Davis, and they are also 1-3. How the hell that happens I don't know.

Steeler I don't really think you should make a move right now. Yeah, your depth is hurting, but since you don't exactly have an explicit position of strength I'm not sure a trade would definitely work in your favor. If you have to make a trade, I'd try going with AP + Hawkins or Avery for Forte + Stevie Johnson, giving you an upgrade at WR for a downgrade at RB. If you don't like Forte, though, I wouldn't make the trade even if he would agree with it.

Stand pat right now, see if you can grab someone off waivers to build up some depth before attempting to make a trade, or wait until your bye weeks are mostly finished to try and trade Vick/Benson or Vick/Nicks for an upgrade at QB.

Well, Spiller is gonna split carries with FJax and the 49ers run defense is gonna smash so prob not...
You prob shouldn't have played either xD
my only other options were Pierre Thomas and Nate Washington. It was a pretty tough decision.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my only other options were Pierre Thomas and Nate Washington. It was a pretty tough decision.
I would have played Nate Washington if those were your four choices. You'd almost be better off playing a Bye player than Ryan Williams -_-

Finally has a good run and he gets knocked out at the end of it.

Really it's been his O-Line's fault, though.
three. fucking. points. from a starting running back in the nfl. on a team with a bad quarterback.

what is this i dont even

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Look at it this way my RB2 in Smogon League is, at this time moving forward if nobody accepts any of my god damn trade offers I've been putting out for two weeks now, a weekly choice between Andre Brown and Jackie Battle. :/ Thank you Lions for literally forgetting that Kevin Smith exists and is on your roster.

This is why you still go heavy on RBs in the early half of the draft. Nicks isn't doing me any damn favors being injured, I mean my WR starters and depth is great so I don't need him but he isn't much of a bargaining chip in the meantime either.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
:( as if my season wasn't going badly enough, Amendola breaks his collarbone. At least he gave me 5.5 pts first...

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Steeler: I'd rush and pick up Schaub if I were you, instead of trading for a QB.

@WB: I know that feel. Have Amendola in two of my leagues. When I saw that happen, I qq'd.

pookar

Banned deucer.
cool the ppr league i value picked amendola in. cool

fuck this game

news update: its not broken calm down

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
lol I lose Finley and Amendola in the same week. God does not want me to win a single game in League A...

You, sir, have won this week.
If it wasn't obvious I meant I'm playing against Bradshaw/Wayne. Unless you meant I win the game of losing.

I fought back thanks to a big game from Percy, but I'm still down ~35 points with Brees/Sproles to go against Andre Johnson. Normally I wouldn't be very hopeful, but it's been that kind of year for me. 30 points from Brees and 10-15 from Sproles isn't out of the question, if they just repeat their performance from last week.

In another league with 1 PPR, I started Harvin, Marshall, and Wayne at WR. 106.2 points for the three of them alone. That's good enough to be 3rd in scoring in the league this week so far if I benched everyone else!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)