The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I like how people took umbrage with Shrug sayint the Broncos might be a wild card seed and not that the Browns might be super bowl contenders if mayfield pans out. I love the brownies they’re my pet team but they got rid of what was making the team good (Sachi Brown) and kept an at best below average coach. They’re loaded with talent but talent being mismanaged rarely gets any results.

Last team to win a super bowl with a bad coach has gotta be the Packers, when they had all their receiver talent and Rodgers AND. A defense. That’s the level of stuff needed to overcome bad coaching.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like how people took umbrage with Shrug sayint the Broncos might be a wild card seed and not that the Browns might be super bowl contenders if mayfield pans out. I love the brownies they’re my pet team but they got rid of what was making the team good (Sachi Brown) and kept an at best below average coach. They’re loaded with talent but talent being mismanaged rarely gets any results.

Last team to win a super bowl with a bad coach has gotta be the Packers, when they had all their receiver talent and Rodgers AND. A defense. That’s the level of stuff needed to overcome bad coaching.
That was the year they had like 19 guys on IR or something silly like that. Pittsburgh won the super bowl a couple years before that with the same bad coaching issue. Just makes you wonder how many super bowls these teams might have won with good coaching. Rodgers i think would have at least 3 rings by now.

Got an eye on the Colts, think they're better than people give them credit for right now and have an easy schedule. Not inconceivable anyway...
*coughs* Jaguars and colts on 12/2, any idea howll that turn out? A L for the colts.

TheValkyries

That was the year they had like 19 guys on IR or something silly like that. Pittsburgh won the super bowl a couple years before that with the same bad coaching issue. Just makes you wonder how many super bowls these teams might have won with good coaching. Rodgers i think would have at least 3 rings by now.
Pittsburgh has had good coaching for a long ass time what are you on.

TheValkyries

Average coach how? Every time I see Pittsburgh play their players are set up to succeed by the scheme. That’s like the fundamental aspect of good coaching. If you’re blaming their “erratic” performances on coaching you’d be better suited to look elsewhere.

Honesty for a bit of perspective here y’all would be in more Super Bowls if Pittsburgh was in the NFC. Cuz the problem definitely isn’t a lack of anything in any area it’s that your up against a historically dominant franchise every year. Pittsburgh has I think consistently been like the second or third best team in the league for years. You guys are yourselves on a rare stretch of dominance and that comes from a good front office and good coaching. Very few teams have ever been as consistently good as the Steelers in the past 15+ years. To try and poopoo their accomplishments because they couldn’t get more Super Bowl wins is ludicrous. Super Bowl wins are Hyper Rare and y’all got 2!!!! Within like 5 years!!! And you made another appearance where you should’ve won but had literally half the roster on IR. Your team has been buck wild my guy get off this nonsense you’re on that they’re being “wasted”. Since he came in as head coach Tomlin has presided over 6 Division titles over 11 years in the toughest division in the NFL. That consistency does not happen without coaching. SO KNOCK IT OFF WITH THIS TRASH AND LOVE YOUR TEAM.

The audacity to call the steeler's coaching bad when they play literally the worst coach in history today

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I mean, Tomlin has like a 2-457 record against sub-.200 teams. It takes special talent to consistently lose to the worst possible teams.

Tomlin has presided over 6 Division titles over 11 years in the toughest division in the NFL.
Tomlin doesn't coach in the NFC East. :smogthink:

the ravens are B-B-B-Bootycheeks again this season.

4/5 years of mediocrity under Harbaugh looking like that streak is gonna extend this year

I can't get over the Ravens obsession the media has that makes them think this team can contend every year. How TF were they ROAD FAVORITES today.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
the ravens are B-B-B-Bootycheeks again this season.

4/5 years of mediocrity under Harbaugh looking like that streak is gonna extend this year

I can't get over the Ravens obsession the media has that makes them think this team can contend every year. How TF were they ROAD FAVORITES today.
I tipped the Panthers because I was gobsmacked we were favourites on the road. Unless we're playing the Steelers (where most games seem to be decided by 3 points no matter what), we historically have been destroyed by good teams on the road ever since our SB win.

The Rams logo is fused with the USC logo, the stadium is 50% Packers fans and a packers chant just broke out. Rams fans dont deserve a superbowl.

I tipped the Panthers because I was gobsmacked we were favourites on the road. Unless we're playing the Steelers (where most games seem to be decided by 3 points no matter what), we historically have been destroyed by good teams on the road ever since our SB win.
So in other words the Ravens aren't very good.....

1:57 with Rodgers? the only thing I'd be worried about is that they'd score with to much time left. But, you decide to run it out 10/10 decision making
Rodgers wasn't about to accidentally let the clock run out before getting into field goal range, but it does open up options for play calling when the clock is less of a factor. That makes it easier to get into field goal range in the first place without committing a turnover or running out of downs.

Yep agreed with 100% of this post. The Saints are kind of the second best nfc team by default (although I fully expect the Vikings to beat them next week), but the Rams, Chiefs, Pats and Chargers are all clearly better at this stage of the season. I forgot about the Falcons escape too, this is a team that could very easily be 2-4, not the 3-3 that I mentioned first.
LOLOLOL

vikes shot themselves in the foot twice, thielen fumble and the kirk pick-six

looked like to me on the kirk pick-six diggs sorta gave up on his route but his defender kept going, woop de doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)