Project SV OU Teambuilding Lab (Open)

This is gonna be a weird request!!

So recently I was scrolling through some heat sets (in NBT), & found a rather interesting one!! Expanding Force Iron Valiant. I seriously didn't know Valiant gets that, & it could lead to some potentially nasty play!! The set used Psychic Terrain as a move, but the builder may use Psychic Surge Pokemon instead (idk I'm not sure which direction this team goes)!! Any changes in the below set is fine for me too (except Expanding Force :p)!!

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic Terrain
- Expanding Force
- Moonblast
- Close Combat

This was the set, created by Heatranator (won the Week 12 Next Best Thing)!!

So here goes my request:
A Team using Expanding Force Iron Valiant

:sv/iron Valiant:

Thanks in advanced :D
val.png
moth.png
king.png
pult.png
oger.png
lando.png

https://pokepast.es/5b8c37db9c8080b1
While this may be the most unviable Iron Valiant set I've ever used, I still did my best to get it to work with this offense team.

:booster-energy: :sv/iron-valiant: :booster-energy:
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Expanding Force
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psychic Terrain
I tried to make Expanding Force Iron Valiant work on a full-out Psychic Terrain team, but those teams are too gimmicky and there are too many viable Dark-types for the archetype to be reliable. Then, I tried manual Psychic Terrain with Galarian Slowking and some Pokemon that enjoy the terrain but don't need it to do well... and it was still awful. I ultimately decided on a regular team with Iron Valiant setting up terrain for itself, that way I was not too dependent on the terrain but could set it up if need be to boost the power of Expanding Force. After lots of testing, this set put in the most work. I did my best to make Expanding Force shine, but it was in nearly every way inferior to Moonblast. Essentially, Iron Valiant has to give up a move slot and use up a turn to get terrain going, only for Expanding Force to only have two minor positives: very slightly stronger than STAB Moonblast, and able to hit Poison-types. The investment is not worth it at all; Iron Valiant thrives off its diverse movepool which Psychic Terrain inhibits, and it misses out on superior set-up, better coverage, and/or a support move. I liked physically-biased mixed attacking Iron Valiant because Expanding Force is usually difficult to use in most games, so you want to lean more into your physical attacks to bait special walls. For some fast Pokemon, Psychic Terrain would be quite nice to avoid being revenged by priority moves especially after defense drops from Close Combat, but Iron Valiant is quite resilient into those moves. The most notable users of priority are Sucker Punch Kingambit (which Valiant resists 4x), Grassy Glide Rillaboom (Rillaboom changes the terrain so Psychic Terrain is useless), Extreme Speed Dragonite (which you lose to Dragonite anyways since this set lacks Moonblast / Ice Punch / Encore), and Thunderclap Raging Bolt (can be nice, but you still want Moonblast). If Iron Valiant ran Moonblast, Expanding Force, and Psychic Terrain, you would only have room for one more coverage move, and you end up being blanked by either one set of viable mons or another set. You can try to make this set work, but I don't see any competent opponent letting that happen unfortunately. I tried!

:booster-energy: :sv/iron-moth: :booster-energy:
Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Tera Blast
- Substitute​

Pretty standard Iron Moth. I included it as its next partner since Rillaboom destroys Psychic Terrain Iron Valiant, so I thought it would be nice to have a 4x resistant fast sweeper to put on pressure and punish Grassy Glide. I attempted to use 4-Attack Iron Moth since it didn't need to worry about priority thanks to Psychic Terrain, but in testing, Psychic Terrain was not clicked enough to argue that point, and Substitute felt more valuable. For that same reason, I did not include Psychic on this Iron Moth set, but you could try it over Tera Blast or Substitute. This current set tends to offer the most value, so I would stick with it.

:leftovers: :sv/kingambit: :leftovers:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance​

You may be surprised to find Kingambit here, but I really liked its role on the team. Only in one game of testing did Psychic Terrain mess me up and prevent me from using Sucker Punch in an end game, but otherwise Psychic Terrain has not been problematic for Kingambit. Bulky Kingambit is nice to tank hits for the team, and Kingambit as a whole can help against tanky Pokemon that take on the previous two Pokemon. Tera Fairy is really nice to have defensively, though I felt Iron Head was better on the set than Tera Blast so the set isn't too one-dimensional pre-tera.

:focus-sash: :sv/dragapult: :focus-sash:
Dragapult @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
Naive Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp​

Dual status Dragapult has put in major work for the team. Being able to slow down some teams with Thunder Wave and reduce damage or rack up chip on other teams with Will-O-Wisp has been quite nice, and Focus Sash ensures Dragapult can either spread more status or do big damage with Hex before getting knocked out. For opposing HO, Focus Sash is a great way to make sure you always have a back-up check for a threat that gets out of hand. Max Special Attack allows Hex to do a lot of damage, and Dragon Darts performed better in testing than Draco Meteor did, even though there isn't Attack investment.

:wellspring-mask: :sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :wellspring-mask:
Ogerpon-Wellspring @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Encore​

Ogerpon provides the team disruption with Encore, the ability to handle Fire-types, a Water immunity, and a breaker who benefits from dual status Dragapult as it can outspeed fast threats when paralyzed or set up on physical attackers when burned. Play Rough offered the team the best coverage in testing; since Iron Valiant does not have Moonblast and Dragapult's Dragon Darts cannot always KO Dragon-types, Play Rough enables Ogerpon to help out against those strong Dragons. I tested with Power Whip and Knock Off as well, but neither felt quite as good for coverage.

:rocky-helmet: :sv/landorus-therian: :rocky-helmet:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock​

Last on the team is Landorus. Lando offers the teams Intimidate, Stealth Rock, a little extra bulk, Ground and Electric immunities, and chip with Rocky Helmet. Tera Water ensures sun and rain aren't too overpowering, as between Landorus, Water Absorb Ogerpon, Focus Sash Dragapult, and Sucker Punch Kingambit, you have some answers.

I hope you enjoy the team! :iron-valiant::mind-plate:

Last edited:
Hello team, I've found some really good teams on this thread, so I've decided to request one of my own. In light of the recent suspect, here's my requested core:

:azumarill: & Gouging Fire (how tf do i paste 3d models here?) , specifically the Assault Vest & Booster Energy sets.

As an :azumarill: fan, I've always thought it would be nice to see it have some success in this tier. Its main selling point is that it's a Fairy type that can reliably deal with :slowking-galar: . With all the Dragons running amok, it can reliably deal with them all with :assaultvest: + Terastallization without being impeded too much by the supporting cast of :slowking-galar: and :ironcrown: . Gouging Fire helps deal with threats such as :rillaboom: , :meowscarada: , :ogerpon-wellspring: , :skarmory: & :corviknight: . Looking forward to see the teams built around this core!

someone build an Balance or BO with iron moth pls
moth.png
corv.png
lu.png
cha.png
bolt.png
weav.png

https://pokepast.es/7315169fadd7bc60
While Iron Moth usually shines on Hyper Offense due to its ability to snowball out of control with Speed Booster + Fiery Dance boosts, with the right team it can have a solid niche on Bulky Offense.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/iron-moth: :heavy-duty-boots:
Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes​

In the early days of SV OU, I tried to make boots Iron Moth work, but I was approaching Iron Moth wrong and not making good use of its strengths and flaws. In my opinion, Sludge Wave is the only flexible move on this set, and it's really hard to give up since it's 95 BP, STAB, and lets you hit Fire-types when no other coverage would be able to as well outside of Tera Blast, which you should not use on this set. On BO, Iron Moth can force switches and set up Toxic Spikes freely, which can be game-winning in certain matchups. The switch-ins are often Poison-types like Galarian Slowking or Glimmora because they fear a strong Fire or Poison attack, and Overheat does so much damage that risking you going for something else is often not worth it. Depending on the team, you could either set up Toxic Spikes and force something to get poisoned since their Poison-type is on the field already and cannot absorb Toxic Spikes, or you can U-turn and gain momentum. U-turn also pairs nicely with Overheat, as you can do a significant chunk to an opponent, get off the fast U-turn for a little extra chip, and keep up the momentum. For those reasons, I believe Overheat, U-turn, and Toxic Spikes are non-negotiable if you want Iron Moth to have a distinct role and not be outclassed on BO by another Pokemon. You could potentially forego Overheat if you want to try this set on Balance, but Iron Moth does not have enough longevity or speed for Balance in my opinion. As for the tera, in all my testing I had Tera Flying to gain an immunity to Ground and punish something like Great Tusk, but I never clicked tera once. I think Tera Fire has more merit since you can do crazy damage with Overheat on something like a weakened Galarian Slowking, but you shouldn't really use tera on this Pokemon as other members benefit a lot more.

:leftovers: :sv/corviknight: :leftovers:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Roost​

Corviknight is a great partner for Iron Moth on BO. I struggled a lot to find the perfect set for the team, but I settled on this. Due to having boots spam, Defog did not feel too important on the set. Slow pivoting with U-turn felt more useful since it allowed Iron Moth and Weavile safer entry onto the field. While Body Press is probably the least useful move on the set, it is necessary for Kingambit which the team struggles against. Brave Bird will be clicked more often, and it dishes out a surprising amount of damage. Paired with Leftovers and Roost, the recoil is never a big issue, and it allows Corviknight to have a bit of an offensive presence so it isn't too passive on BO. The Speed is for max speed Adamant Kingambit, and the rest is pumped into Defense to increase its defensive capability and Body Press damage. Tera Water helps against weather matchups.

:chesto-berry: :sv/ting-lu: :chesto-berry:
Ting-Lu @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 200 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rest​

Chesto Berry Ting-Lu is great for the team and underused for how solid it is. You feel safer clicking Ruination and Earthquake relentlessly into the opponent's team, weakening them a lot. Stealth Rock felt better than Spikes in testing since it can be a bit difficult to get 3 layers up, and one layer of rocks tended to put in more work than 1-2 layers of spikes. With this set, you can freely absorb status and safely switch into Dragapult. In general, you can take on many hits with Ting-Lu and come back very threatening with a well-timed Rest. Missing out on Whirlwind is a bit of a bummer, but between two forms of priority, Taunt, and Stun Spore, it did not feel too necessary to deal with set-up sweepers. Tera Poison is nice into many special attackers and flips the weaknesses to Fairy and Fighting. 8 Speed EVs help you get off the fast Rest on opposing Ting-Lu that are uninvested. I put some Attack into the set since the HP is already very high and I like Earthquake to do more damage.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/sinistcha: :heavy-duty-boots:
Sinistcha @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 168 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Matcha Gotcha
- Hex
- Stun Spore
- Strength Sap​

Sinistcha is epic, I've always been a fan of its role in SV OU and I'm happy it's been seeing more success. Beyond its unparalleled role as a spin blocker for Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes, it is nasty at spreading status and checks many important threats in the metagame. With Tera Fairy, it can 1v1 any Gouging Fire set (once paralyzed) thanks to Heatproof. Naturally, it is one of the best checks to Ogerpon Wellspring, and it only loses to SD + Knock Off, and Raging Bolt can take on that variant. Strength Sap is the most overpowered healing move in the game, and against physical attackers it allows you to spread more paralysis with Stun Spore or pivot safely into something else on the team. I prefer the Stun Spore set over Calm Mind on this squad since a lot of the team is middling in speed and would appreciate the speed debuff, plus the chance of paralysis is always nice. The EV spread is my go-to for Stun Spore Sinistcha, and I've been using it since my team made it during the World Cup. You retain your good bulk while having an offensive presence with Matcha Gotcha and Hex. The speed can be increased to outspeed other fast threats when paralyzed, but on this team I prefer the extra bulk.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/raging-bolt: :heavy-duty-boots:
Raging Bolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Thunderclap
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt​

Raging Bolt provides the team another pivot, a strong and bulky attacker who can drop Draco Meteors pretty freely, great priority, and Taunt for set-up sweepers. I did not know until recently that Raging Bolt had Taunt, but it's honestly a nice utility option on boots sets and catches many off guard. It also works well with Thunderclap since you either guarantee you hit them or you force a switch, ultimately messing up fast sweepers. Even against fat, it can be problematic for Blissey or Clodsire since you deny them the chance to heal after a strong Draco Meteor chips them away. Tera Fairy gives you immunity to incoming Dragon attacks, but there is definitely room to toy around with the tera; STAB tera could be nice too or even something more niche could be cool.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/weavile: :heavy-duty-boots:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Swords Dance​

Weavile rounds off the team nicely. The speed tier is great, it is a strong set-up sweeper, Dark + Ice is very strong coverage, Ice Shard is good priority to have, and Knock Off removes items for either our hazards or to take out Leftovers. Tera Ice is pretty unparalleled, as it allows for stronger priority and more breaking potential with boosted Triple Axel. I tried to use Pickpocket to steal an item in a pinch, but I kept stealing Toxic Orb from Gliscor, so I would not recommend it personally.

I hope you enjoy the team! :iron-moth::heavy-duty-boots:

I want help in building an Offense team with fast sweepers. My main pokemon I would like in this team are Deoxys-speed and Iron Boulder.

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fighting
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I have been experimenting with Araquanid for webs and mirror coat damage:

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Mirror Coat
- Sticky Web

Any good recommendations for bulky pokemon are much appreciated.
deo.png
boulder.png
sciz.png
glim.png
oger.png
moon.png

https://pokepast.es/93eaf29688565d44
(built by leng loi)
With the lack of Pursuit trapping this generation and the glass cannon nature of Deoxys-Speed and Iron Boulder, the two Psychic-types work well together to create a potent offensive core on Hyper Offense.

:life-orb: :sv/deoxys-speed: :life-orb:
Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot​

While your mixed Deoxys set you suggested is often very nice, Iron Boulder can take on that coverage and serve as the physical side of Deoxys, so to speak. Nasty Plot allows Deoxys to become a potent special sweeper with +2 Psycho Boost ripping apart fat teams. Focus Blast is a must to hit Kingambit, Blissey, and other Dark- and Steel-types that can handle Psycho Boost. Dark Pulse is chosen here as the other coverage move, as it is able to hit Gholdengo and Psychic-types that would resist the prior moves; plus, being able to flinch in a pinch is quite nice. Tera Dark complements this set well to boost Dark Pulse while giving a resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch and other Dark- and Ghost-type moves that the two Psychic-types hate dealing with. Life Orb makes sure that Deoxys can dish out a lot of damage and is not entirely reliant on Nasty Plot for good damage output.

:booster-energy: :sv/iron-boulder: :booster-energy:
Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Throat Chop
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance​

Iron Boulder provides impeccable speed control, outspeeding even the fastest (non-weather boosted) threats like +1 Iron Valiant and +1 Roaring Moon. Mighty Cleave is an amazing move to have, and it's very useful given the current Gouging Fire suspect test as well as pestering other Fire- and Flying-types. Again, we pair this set with Fighting and Dark coverage to handle the common checks to Iron Boulder, and Tera Dark is great offensively and defensively for the set for the same reasons as Tera Dark Deoxys. Just like Dark Pulse Deoxys, people do not expect Throat Chop Iron Boulder, so it can be quite clutch sometimes.

:choice-band: :sv/scizor: :choice-band:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- U-turn​

Scizor is great at providing strong priority, a solid defensive typing, and most importantly, powerful pivoting. U-turn is so good for Deoxys and Iron Boulder so you can threaten Dark-types. With a Choice Band, you are immediately threatening, and with this coverage, you can threaten basically anything in the metagame with the right click. Tera Steel keeps a strong defensive typing while pushing Bullet Punch to new heights. 216 Speed EVs lets you hit 220 Speed, which makes sure you outspeed Pokemon trying to speed creep Jolly Kingambit. Knock Off and Close Combat are yet another Dark + Fighting offensive core to help out the prior Pokemon and stack offensive typing with the attacks.

:red-card: :sv/glimmora: :red-card:
Glimmora @ Red Card
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 128 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin​

Glimmora is wonderful for HO as a grounded Poison, hazard setter, and hazard removal. leng loi utilized this bulky EV spread with Red Card Glimmora to work better defensively and ensure Red Card is proc'd when needed to phaze out the opponent if they set up too much. With Tera Ghost, it also becomes a pretty sturdy temporary spinblocker. The speed hits 219 with this investment for Jolly Kingambit so you can use Earth Power and tank a Sucker Punch if needed. Nobody expects bulky Glimmora, so it can be quite effective. Sludge Wave + Earth Power provide decent coverage into everything barring Air Balloon Steel-types, which Scizor can usually pivot in on and pop the balloon.

:wellspring-mask: :sv/ogerpon-wellspring: :wellspring-mask:
Ogerpon-Wellspring @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Play Rough
- U-turn​

Ogerpon Wellspring helps the weather matchup not be an auto-loss, as the two requested Pokemon are very fast but not fast enough for Barraskewda, Hisuian Lilligant, and other speed-boosting Pokemon. Since we have three set-up Pokemon in Deoxys, Iron Boulder, and Roaring Moon, it did not feel necessary to use Swords Dance, and Encore isn't too necessary here either as we make up for it with Red Card Glimmora and Taunt Roaring Moon. Alternatively, U-turn is preferred here to once again chunk down those Dark-types and open up opportunities for Deoxys, Iron Boulder, and even Roaring Moon pre-tera. Ivy Cudgel and Power Whip are great STAB attacks, and Play Rough gives you the ability to hit Dragon-types supereffectively, which the team wouldn't be able to do otherwise. The only Pokemon that effectively walls this coverage is Sinistcha, but the team is quite strong into Sinistcha thanks to all the Dark coverage, so it isn't a big deal.

:booster-energy: :sv/roaring-moon: :booster-energy:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance​

Roaring Moon is not just a potent physical attacker; it also helps defensively thanks to its Dark typing being able to resist Dark and Ghost attacks. The goal against Kingambit is to catch it off guard with the first two Pokemon as they can tera and use their Fighting coverage to OHKO Kingambit. From there, this set is able to break through most teams, especially with the help of Taunt. Knock Off is also nicely paired with Glimmora's hazards. The set is pretty standard, but it gets the job done.

I hope you enjoy the team! :deoxys-speed::iron-boulder:

I've been watching the meta and haven't seen it yet the core that kicked ash's ass in sinnoh
We need a team with Darkrai and Latios
Wanna know how Tobias did it? Then check out this team.

When building around this core, I needed to decide what set to run for Darkrai and the kind of team I’ll be running these two on. I found that the duo works well on offensive teams with a solid defensive backbone, in this case it’s the classic Ghold/Zama/Lando core with an Iron Valiant to top it all off. Latios is a fun mon to mess with. Tera Steel dogs on many Balances and Kyurem while packing one of the strongest Dracos in OU only behind Proto Raging Bolt’s.

252+ SpA Soul Dew Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gholdengo: 151-178 (39.9 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Protosynthesis Raging Bolt Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gholdengo: 170-201 (44.9 - 53.1%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO

Here’s a rundown.

:sv/darkrai:
Darkrai @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb/Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Here’s an unusual Darkrai set. I found that Ice Beam is unnecessary on NP since Lando and Gliscor are never staying in on Darkrai, so you just click NP anyways as they’re forced out. Tera Fighting on Darkrai serves a purpose. It allows Darkrai to one-shot Tinkaton, Ting-Lu, Tera Water Garg, SpD Corv, and Zama after rocks while cleanly 2-shotting Blissey with boosted Focus Blast into Dark Pulse.

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 470-554 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zamazenta: 357-421 (92 - 108.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 322-381 (80.5 - 95.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 204+ SpD Tera Water Garganacl: 324-382 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 504-594 (98 - 115.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Tera Fighting Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Tinkaton: 306-360 (81.8 - 96.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Since Darkrai and Latios have similar checks, This Darkrai is capable of nuking them out of existence. Focus Blast also lets Latios forgo Aura Sphere for a different option. Alternatively you’re free to run Psyshock over Sludge Bomb to force a Tera on Blissey or Clodsire while hitting AV mons and the occasional Darkrai hard.

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Make It Rain

The thing Darkrai and Latios hate the most are Fairies. Either they outspeed and one-shot these two like Valiant, Enamrous, etc, or effortlessly tank their hits like AV Prima. Gholdengo is the exact Fairy resist we need while providing the team with a form of status spreading, a Zama check, and pivot into Kyurem while Latios hasn’t Tera’d yet.

:sv/iron_valiant:
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond
- Encore

Valiant was the last mon I implemented onto the team. The team was very weak to Prima and I needed a way to lure and dispatch it. I also needed speed control alongside Zama, and I lacked Knock Off support. Iron Valiant was the answer to all three of my problems. Its main job is to bait out AV Primarina, either crippling it with Knock Off or taking it down with it via Destiny Bond. Into many offensive matchups, Valiant will be our response to checking Outrage G-Fire, Raging Bolt, Pult, and other faster threats. In defensive matchups, Valiant will be spamming Knock Off and Moonblast, sometimes taking down Glowking with Tera Dark Knock after it switches into a Moonblast, but Knocking it for big dmg tends to do enough for our wincons.

:sv/landorus_therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

Big Lando is a top 5 mon in viability and top 3 mon in usage. It does a bunch of things for this team such as being our rocker, pivot, defensive glue, disrupter, and Bolt check. I opted for EQ because it deals more to targets like Prima, Gking, and CM Bolt.

:sv/latios:
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic Noise
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Now for the best Latios set. As established earlier, Latios is a destroyer of Fat teams and also switches into a bunch of things with Tera Steel, including the infamous Sub-Tect Kyurem. Latios serves as a bulky wincon next to Zamazenta with Calm Mind. Due to how many responses I have to Kingambit, I feel Aura Sphere is not needed, especially since Modest Draco with Soul Dew already does 40% minimum to bulky Kingambit, and with pressure from Darkrai + Helmet Lando + Ghold, its not hard to constantly pressure it.

Calm Mind is good on Latios because people forget how good its special bulk is. 80/110 is only a few points less than Primarina. So it’s very much capable of tanking Moonblasts, Shadow Balls, and Dark Pulses at +1 while retaliating with big dmg back. For reference, Primarina’s Moonblast doesn’t pick up the KO even after rocks.

252+ SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 206-246 (68.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And in return

+1 252+ SpA Soul Dew Latios Psychic Noise vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Primarina: 144-169 (44.8 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Calm Mind lets it beat several other things with or without Tera such as AV Gking, AV Crown, Bulky Dengo, Clef, and Hex Pult.

I might find ways of optimizing this set since I find it underrated, but it puts in work.

:sv/zamazenta:
Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Roar

There couldn’t be a more standard Zama set than this. Zamazenta’s role is to check the physical threats that Lando can’t take or is too weakened to do so like Waterpon, Ice Spinner Dnite, BU Tusk, DD Swipe G-Fire, etc. It also serves as a phazer and cleaner. With Darkrai, Latios, and Valiant putting pressure on stalwarts to Zama, I’m more likely to secure a sweep with it.

Here’s some replays vs high level players of me testing the team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2186229236

(Latios put in work this game vs Vk
Draco is pretty much free here, doing nearly 70% to the Gking after Val removes its Knock, demonstrating their synergy with each other. I bluff not having Focus Blast in front of Gambit by pivoting into Lando, making Vk feel secure with switching into Darkrai with Gambit before getting Focus Blasted to oblivion. In the endgame, Latios Terastilizes and hardwalls both the SR Tusk and AV Gking before setting up Calm Minds.)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2186226470

(Warning, Salt Ahead! I get up a Nasty Plot with Darkrai and fish for a flinch vs Tinkaton, putting it in range of +2 Focus Blast. Without a Fairy or Steel type, Latios can now freely Tera and click Draco. I get a lucky crit on the Cinderace looking to Pyro Ball me, ending in a forfeit.)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2186214561?p2

(Pu1t brought a Boots Spam Balance. I lead Darkrai and set up a NP but miss the Tera Fighting Focus Miss that would’ve KOd the Ting-Lu. After Darkrai does 54% with Focus Blast thanks to Ting-Lu being Tera Water, I bring in Latios and click 2 CMs in front of the Glowking before Dracoing it out of existence. With Tera burnt and Glowking eradicated, A Zama sweep was free.)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2186222223-hqi7vargnxlvvvfm0rb4ebns2qvo5zppw

(Tera Steel Latios was free in this matchup, except that my opponent has an AV Hoopa, however my opponent Terastilizes it, meaning Psychic Noise was free. Eventually with efforts from Lando and a lucky crit with Psychic Noise, the Hoopa goes down. Even afterwards it was still an uphill battle with Encore Grasspon and preserving my Recover PP. +1 Draco gets the kill on Moltres even after Soul Dew is Knock’d, and eventually, a healthy Latios with Psychic Noise and no Dark type becomes too much for my opponent.)

You do have to watch out for certain matchups. Scarf Ghold and Specs Pult can be annoying due to the lack of a sturdy Ghost resist. Tspikes are trouble for Val and Zama, fortunately Latios and Darkrai are great leads into Glimmora while being immune to Tspikes themselves.

I had a lot of fun with this team and I hope you do too.

:darkrai: :latios:
IMG_6847.jpeg

Hi! Usually, I'd build for myself, but I've been having a bit of trouble building around something I think is a cool idea: Calm Mind Necrozma. Yes, that Necrozma. It's C rank on the OU VR, which is pretty interesting to me so I decided to check it out. The problem is that its only set on Smogon's dex is some kind of lead set with no explanation of what exactly it does, especially over other leads, so I thought I'd try to experiment a little more with it.

I'd like to use Necrozma because I feel like it has a really nice toolset. It's pretty bulky (especially with Prism Armor reducing super-effective damage), it hits hard, and it gets an amazing move in Photon Geyser, so I was considering a bulkier Calm Mind set with Moonlight, Photon Geyser, and one other attack for coverage - likely to be Tera Blast. I've experimented with the set a little but I haven't found out what exactly I want to do with it in terms of teambuilding, so I thought I'd ask for some help here.
Necrozma @ Leftovers (Or a power-boosting item if needed)
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Fairy (Fighting, maybe?)
- Photon Geyser
- Tera Blast
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
View attachment 665286View attachment 665287View attachment 665288View attachment 665289View attachment 665290View attachment 665291
https://pokepast.es/7315169fadd7bc60
While Iron Moth usually shines on Hyper Offense due to its ability to snowball out of control with Speed Booster + Fiery Dance boosts, with the right team it can have a solid niche on Bulky Offense.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/iron-moth: :heavy-duty-boots:
Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes​

In the early days of SV OU, I tried to make boots Iron Moth work, but I was approaching Iron Moth wrong and not making good use of its strengths and flaws. In my opinion, Sludge Wave is the only flexible move on this set, and it's really hard to give up since it's 95 BP, STAB, and lets you hit Fire-types when no other coverage would be able to as well outside of Tera Blast, which you should not use on this set. On BO, Iron Moth can force switches and set up Toxic Spikes freely, which can be game-winning in certain matchups. The switch-ins are often Poison-types like Galarian Slowking or Glimmora because they fear a strong Fire or Poison attack, and Overheat does so much damage that risking you going for something else is often not worth it. Depending on the team, you could either set up Toxic Spikes and force something to get poisoned since their Poison-type is on the field already and cannot absorb Toxic Spikes, or you can U-turn and gain momentum. U-turn also pairs nicely with Overheat, as you can do a significant chunk to an opponent, get off the fast U-turn for a little extra chip, and keep up the momentum. For those reasons, I believe Overheat, U-turn, and Toxic Spikes are non-negotiable if you want Iron Moth to have a distinct role and not be outclassed on BO by another Pokemon. You could potentially forego Overheat if you want to try this set on Balance, but Iron Moth does not have enough longevity or speed for Balance in my opinion. As for the tera, in all my testing I had Tera Flying to gain an immunity to Ground and punish something like Great Tusk, but I never clicked tera once. I think Tera Fire has more merit since you can do crazy damage with Overheat on something like a weakened Galarian Slowking, but you shouldn't really use tera on this Pokemon as other members benefit a lot more.

:leftovers: :sv/corviknight: :leftovers:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Roost​

Corviknight is a great partner for Iron Moth on BO. I struggled a lot to find the perfect set for the team, but I settled on this. Due to having boots spam, Defog did not feel too important on the set. Slow pivoting with U-turn felt more useful since it allowed Iron Moth and Weavile safer entry onto the field. While Body Press is probably the least useful move on the set, it is necessary for Kingambit which the team struggles against. Brave Bird will be clicked more often, and it dishes out a surprising amount of damage. Paired with Leftovers and Roost, the recoil is never a big issue, and it allows Corviknight to have a bit of an offensive presence so it isn't too passive on BO. The Speed is for max speed Adamant Kingambit, and the rest is pumped into Defense to increase its defensive capability and Body Press damage. Tera Water helps against weather matchups.

:chesto-berry: :sv/ting-lu: :chesto-berry:
Ting-Lu @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 200 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rest​

Chesto Berry Ting-Lu is great for the team and underused for how solid it is. You feel safer clicking Ruination and Earthquake relentlessly into the opponent's team, weakening them a lot. Stealth Rock felt better than Spikes in testing since it can be a bit difficult to get 3 layers up, and one layer of rocks tended to put in more work than 1-2 layers of spikes. With this set, you can freely absorb status and safely switch into Dragapult. In general, you can take on many hits with Ting-Lu and come back very threatening with a well-timed Rest. Missing out on Whirlwind is a bit of a bummer, but between two forms of priority, Taunt, and Stun Spore, it did not feel too necessary to deal with set-up sweepers. Tera Poison is nice into many special attackers and flips the weaknesses to Fairy and Fighting. 8 Speed EVs help you get off the fast Rest on opposing Ting-Lu that are uninvested. I put some Attack into the set since the HP is already very high and I like Earthquake to do more damage.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/sinistcha: :heavy-duty-boots:
Sinistcha @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 168 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Matcha Gotcha
- Hex
- Stun Spore
- Strength Sap​

Sinistcha is epic, I've always been a fan of its role in SV OU and I'm happy it's been seeing more success. Beyond its unparalleled role as a spin blocker for Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes, it is nasty at spreading status and checks many important threats in the metagame. With Tera Fairy, it can 1v1 any Gouging Fire set (once paralyzed) thanks to Heatproof. Naturally, it is one of the best checks to Ogerpon Wellspring, and it only loses to SD + Knock Off, and Raging Bolt can take on that variant. Strength Sap is the most overpowered healing move in the game, and against physical attackers it allows you to spread more paralysis with Stun Spore or pivot safely into something else on the team. I prefer the Stun Spore set over Calm Mind on this squad since a lot of the team is middling in speed and would appreciate the speed debuff, plus the chance of paralysis is always nice. The EV spread is my go-to for Stun Spore Sinistcha, and I've been using it since my team made it during the World Cup. You retain your good bulk while having an offensive presence with Matcha Gotcha and Hex. The speed can be increased to outspeed other fast threats when paralyzed, but on this team I prefer the extra bulk.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/raging-bolt: :heavy-duty-boots:
Raging Bolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Thunderclap
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt​

Raging Bolt provides the team another pivot, a strong and bulky attacker who can drop Draco Meteors pretty freely, great priority, and Taunt for set-up sweepers. I did not know until recently that Raging Bolt had Taunt, but it's honestly a nice utility option on boots sets and catches many off guard. It also works well with Thunderclap since you either guarantee you hit them or you force a switch, ultimately messing up fast sweepers. Even against fat, it can be problematic for Blissey or Clodsire since you deny them the chance to heal after a strong Draco Meteor chips them away. Tera Fairy gives you immunity to incoming Dragon attacks, but there is definitely room to toy around with the tera; STAB tera could be nice too or even something more niche could be cool.

:heavy-duty-boots: :sv/weavile: :heavy-duty-boots:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Swords Dance​

Weavile rounds off the team nicely. The speed tier is great, it is a strong set-up sweeper, Dark + Ice is very strong coverage, Ice Shard is good priority to have, and Knock Off removes items for either our hazards or to take out Leftovers. Tera Ice is pretty unparalleled, as it allows for stronger priority and more breaking potential with boosted Triple Axel. I tried to use Pickpocket to steal an item in a pinch, but I kept stealing Toxic Orb from Gliscor, so I would not recommend it personally.

I hope you enjoy the team! :iron-moth::heavy-duty-boots:

Hi, not sure if this has been requested yet, but I am not sure why ursaluna is used so less. It can snowball through every team, 2hkoing dondozo (DONDOZO FOR GODS SAKE!!) and yet I feel that its used really less. I wonder if its due to its middling speed, but would it be good on a webs team? I am not sure, because I have not seen it on ladder. Maybe something like twave spam/webs could be good with it? These are just ideas of course, I just want to see an ursaluna team (as long as its not stall, please no stall). Can I get some help here? :O

P.S. I am new on this site, so I do not know how to send images of pokemon, I do hope that won't be an issue :P

Hi, not sure if this has been requested yet, but I am not sure why ursaluna is used so less. It can snowball through every team, 2hkoing dondozo (DONDOZO FOR GODS SAKE!!) and yet I feel that its used really less. I wonder if its due to its middling speed, but would it be good on a webs team? I am not sure, because I have not seen it on ladder. Maybe something like twave spam/webs could be good with it? These are just ideas of course, I just want to see an ursaluna team (as long as its not stall, please no stall). Can I get some help here? :O

P.S. I am new on this site, so I do not know how to send images of pokemon, I do hope that won't be an issue :P
It's generally used on trick room.

Hi, requesting a :suicune: and :kyurem: pressure stall team, I know SubTect :kyurem: has been going around and I wonder if SubCM/Tect :Suicune: can work with it too.

In the absolute flux of requests (the builders here are awesome just woah like 4 requests when the thread was dead for a while) I shall toss my Meowscarada hat back in the ring after the advent of the Gouging Fire ban, of course only if the builders have the time amidst whatever other things, so no rush.

The "core request" so to speak, would be Meowscarada + H!Samurott. Meow definitely works best with hazards, and it feels like initiative is key with so many threats stacked about, so Samurott just became the obvious choice, and I've played around with the two in a team before with an AV set on Rott. I wouldn't wan't to restrict builders much more than the core, though I'd ask Meow not run a choice item as I really value being able to Knock or throw out a strong super effective and then U-Turn out with a (relatively) fast pivot. Quite literally everything else about the team would be fair game.

Back