Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Gliscor do to warrant being on the radar list? Isn't it infinitely easier to deal with now that it doesn't have Roost?

Protect helps it exploit more pheal recovery, it's one of the few knock + tox users in the tier (pex in shambles), it gained spikes and tspikes, is an excellent knock absorber after it triggers heal, and well, hazard game rn kinda sucky, plus you beat tusk relatively easily. Basically, bro is chilling since tox + prot + pheal means you can stall most of the tier, and eq/knock for some more damage on poisons/steels, and any hazard of your choice cause you pretty much win the hazard war regardless.

What did Gliscor do to warrant being on the radar list? Isn't it infinitely easier to deal with now that it doesn't have Roost?

Losing roost sucked yes, but it gained Spikes and if you've played any SV OU you should know how hard hazards are to remove this gen.

Gliscor, thanks to poison heal, is probably the most resilient spiker in the tier. It also kept Knock and Toxic, which combined with Spikes turn it into a progress machine. Its also still very bulky, and Protect can be ran as a psuedo-roost (though its more exploitable)

Gliscor is on the radar because of how easily it sets spikes whilst simultaneously outlasting all the decent hazard removal, and also being able to pressure teams in other ways with Knock and/or Toxic. Plus, its SD Facade set is still good

Gliscor beats 75% of the pokemon in the tier 1v1, does not need to waste PP to heal, hazard stacks like a mother, and is generally one of the most annoying pokemon maybe in the history of the OU tier.

I don't understand the incredulousness people have for players finding it to be too strong when it's this toxic (pun not intended).

Got to mid 1700’s & top 500 really simply with this team (under the name Buster Bashzone). I’d say this is solid against most of the meta, gotta play smart against wellspring tho. I was struggling much more before the firepon ban because balance was hard back then.

https://pokepast.es/fd2227bd1e71b0ed

I’ve seen some scizor slander here so I’m gonna school yall on why it’s so valuable: blood moon & iron valiant lol. You can win games by just clicking tera steel bullet punch I’m pretty sure lol.

See the Srn Post. It's a super bulky hazard setter that threatens every remover. Roost does not matter at all when you can hit protect and get 25% back (counting the prior turn) without being hit.

Frankly I'm not sure I'm playing the same game as the "why is Gliscor on the radar" gang. This tier is basically Gliscor's spike land - it's a Pokémon with absurd bulk, toxic, and basically no weaknesses. What's going on in your games that Gliscor isn't an extremely suffocating presence?

Personally I just want the bans to end. Im used to there being very few bans, and the metas were all the better for it.
View attachment 555871
Modern smogon would've cried over and banned ADV Tyranitar or GSC Snorlax, despite the numerous benefits they had in their OU. I'll admit, I was like this with Landorus-Therian, but i've moved on and can accept the good it brings to the tiers its in, like SV UU. Let us keep the banlist to the cover legends (who're almost AG this gen) and the shit that can 4+-0 a game from the getgo like fucking bundle or palafin.

I wanted to reply to this post because I also generally prefer having as few bans as possible in a meta (it's one of the reasons why gen 7 OU is my second favorite tier). However, gen 9 has released so many ludicrously strong mons that makes a more (for lack of a better word) lackadaisical tiering philosophy almost impossible to implement. Because of this, I feel that almost every ban this gen except for Volc's (which tbf, would probably be pretty stupid if not outright broken under Veil if it were still legal ban Alola Tales btw) has been justified.

Last edited:
I wanted to reply to this post because I also generally prefer having as few bans as possible in a meta (it's one of the reasons why gen 7 OU is my second favorite tier). However, gen 9 has released so many ludicrously strong mons that makes a more (for lack of a better word) lackadaisical tiering philosophy almost impossible to implement.
yeah, what people don't realize is that this is "as few bans as possible" in the modern era

We have heard pretty overwhelming outcry today, so we are likely to move into a suspect as quickly as tonight. The other Pokemon on the radar will still remain in talks for the future, too.
Whatever gets suspected, it's 1 step to a better future. And who knows? Maybe a CERTAIN SOMEONE will finally be gone cough cough Kingambit

We have heard pretty overwhelming outcry today, so we are likely to move into a suspect as quickly as tonight. The other Pokemon on the radar will still remain in talks for the future, too.

Yeahhhh My guess goes straight to dengo

Low ladder players beware, start running your unorthodox sets cause the 1900s players on alts are coming

1695840268373.png

Join traineraid discord for exclusive news
Edit:
Sorry finch gotta plug the discord

I'm going to guess that it's Blood Moon just on the basis of Manaphy and Wellspring getting a lot of "nay" talk but significantly more defensive discussion, whereas a lot of the discussion I see for Blood Moon tends to be in regards to its adverse effects rather than citing many positives/counter arguments (not saying they don't exist but they come up less)

How is keeping gambit healthy???

The sad part is that keeping gambit is "probably" not healthy for the game, but testing it so soon after it dodged the banhammer wouldn't be healthy for the community as it would question the validity of the results from suspect testing. The former is only a matter of waiting a bit, the latter could be harmful for a very long time. This is the lesser evil, is all.

Time to think about a good suspect song for this thing, Moon? Blood? Bears? Any ideas, Im outside right now, ill look at it later

Personally I would vote Ban on any of the radar Mons except Waterpon, which I need to play more and against to have it clear. I would Suspect Manaphy or Gliscor before Blood Moon, but its still a disgusting Mon, so not a wrong target.

Protect helps it exploit more pheal recovery, it's one of the few knock + tox users in the tier (pex in shambles), it gained spikes and tspikes, is an excellent knock absorber after it triggers heal, and well, hazard game rn kinda sucky, plus you beat tusk relatively easily. Basically, bro is chilling since tox + prot + pheal means you can stall most of the tier, and eq/knock for some more damage on poisons/steels, and any hazard of your choice cause you pretty much win the hazard war regardless.
Knock and poison heal with immunity to status should be irrelevant. Being annoying in OU should be irrelevant. If this is where the discussion is, then this Mon should have been talked about since x/y days lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back