Suspect SV AAA Suspect #13: Dragonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
567657.png

I'll vote Ban. It is no coincidence that I see Dragonite in many teams, and it is a Pokemon with good defense, so it is not so easy to beat. It has access to roost, dragon dance, fire Blast, thunderbolt, extreme speed, added to the great attack it has, undoubtedly a Pokemon that determines what kind of team will be used.

1724578095058.png

Overall a somewhat clean run. Alternated between different old stall and balance teams and ran into a couple of bad matchups mainly with the stall teams that also involved some horrendous crit luck into my Pecharunt and Corviknight. This also reminds me, I haven't found time to finish dumping the OMPL teams even though I promised to do so weeks ago...

My thoughts on Dragonite are somewhat mixed and I'm not entirely sure whether to vote DNB/Ban as of now. I can understand that it provides very valuable utility defensively but at the same time it's a very obnoxious mon both in gameplay and the teambuilder, taking control of most of the games I've played and more than a few times having to go out of my way to gimp my structure to add some form of check when exploring stuff outside of standard six type of teams. That being said its checks aren't that scarce if sometimes annoying to restructure around though are all really sketchy with them all losing with chip. I am a bit miffed that there's no support to try to open up more diverse checks for it but so be it. There might be some more action that might fall from this ban but that isn't something I'm too concerned about (mainly Volc, but that mon is dumb anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back