Smogon Users from Antarctica!

Bella

Tears over Beers
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hello Smogonites from Antarctica! Like the South America, North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent, New Jersey, Moon, Mars, Galaxy, and Observable Universe Topics, there will be a Antarctica topic!!!! This is totally a good idea that definitely was not made to be a satirical post!

You might have a neighbor in your continent, who knows! Maybe it isn't a penguin!

Here's a map for reference!
1714522880361.png

Chilean Claim -
Argentina Claim -
British Claim -
Norwegian Claim -
French Claim -
New Zealand Claim -
Living on unclaimed territory -

More countries will be added later.

IMG_0561.jpeg

I have a wittier idea now but I don’t wanna doublepost

edit: y’all are fucking slowpokes I now own 16 percent of antarctica lmao who claims second in command
IMG_0562.jpeg

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
Antarctica in the current Smogoff metagame is underrated. It's stats might be worse than Ohio, but they are still gargantuan, and it has the valuable defensive Ice type. It completely walls Plant-type Pokemon, as well as Colonialism, one of the biggest metagame threat.

Blizzard is a strong support move that has 90% accuracy and a 30% chance to freeze the target, and Glacier lowers the foe's Defense stat so that your special attackers can flood through your opponent's team. Obviously, you need Recover, which is the strongest through June to August. The 4th slot is flexible; you can inflict Frostbite, use Haze, or redirect crucial magnet attacks in single battles. I heard penguins are a strong option as well, but I have yet to explore it.

Unfortunately, it has a poor matchup into Teh Sun, which slowly reduces Antarctica's defensive stats each time Teh Sun switches in. Also, it is difficult to fit in the current metagame, with staples such as the Untied States and China having little synergy with Antarctica. This is why is it stuck in NOUBL and remains as a niche pick. However, I believe it is one of the least explored option, only behind Space and Ocean. We will have to see the metagame developments as people, however few, are exploring potential movesets.

Furthermore, the new DLC is promised to give Antarctica a new form. Now, I don't know when this DLC is going to be released, or what this form entails, but I heard through leaks that this is similar to the Arctic and Greenland. It's only natural for the opposite of the Arctic to also have a new form. I think more people are talking about the Arctic's new form since it finally gives it access to Oil and Trade Routes, which sadly Antarctica misses out, but it still will become stronger as many other Pokemon will lose moves in the DLC.

Does anyone know about the city in Antartica called Villa Las Estrellas? It's a Chilean City in the peninsula of Antartica. Anyone from Villa Las Estrellas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)