Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that she got NP Missy will be promoted to OU. Just wait...

Exactly what set are you proposing would be OU worthy? Don't forget that Missy has Scizor, Weavile, Tyranitar, Metagross, Forretress, Infernape, Latias, Bronzong, Snorlax, Umbreon, Skarmory, Jolteon and others to contend with in OU.

If Scizor uses Pursuit Mismagius will outspeed and hit it with a boosted Thunderbolt (if she NPs on the switch). Mismagius can also use Sub, to scout what move said Scizor uses and react accordingly.

Edit: I didn't say that Mismagius would have no counters in OU, I just said that now with NP Missy usage will rise enough to make her OU.

NP missey will thrive with magnezone, and to a lesser extent, dugtrio support. These pokes work at eliminating her counters for a quick sweep.

Dunno whether this has been mentioned before but what about Forrey with pain split? I don't think any new pokemon learnt rapid spin so it's not like Forretress's role is being taken over anyway but this could just and to its effectiveness. Although, the most common switch ins to Forretress are ghosts to block rapid spin and now with them blocking pain split as well plus the fact that Forrey has a 4 moveslot syndrome.

Delibird got Fake out, Farfetch'd got Leaf Blade, and Luvdisc got Aqua Jet.

Seriously Nintendo How broken do you want this Metagame to be? Smogon are going to have to be forced to make a tier ABOVE ubers for those three elites

But Seriously Quick Feet Belly Drum Urasing could run rampart for the two turns hes on the field, And Cacturne got NP which is cool. And Mismagius With NP of course.

Dont know if this has been posted before (dont have time to search through +20 pages, AND im capped) but Gliscor get Power Trick. He also knows Baton Pass. The possibilities are endless....

lol at Swift Swim Agility Aqua Jet Luvdisc xD
Ursaring would be much better if he didn't die in 2-3 turns, but even in those few turns he can wreak havok in the lower tiers.

Ursaring should at least be bumped up to UU. In NU he outclasses Linoone to a point. (Ring could cause people to use Protect more often.)

Tropius gets DD, which is great, but it is impossible with Leaf Blade. He doesn't get Seed Bomb/Brave Bird either. It's such a waste.

oh god

Scizor got Bug Bite, with Technichian and STAB it reaches 120 base power
you couldnt stop, could you.

EDIT: All this talk about Mismagius being OU

no

As long as Gengar is OU, Mismagius wont be

Some notably changes I see are:

Nidoqueen (Super Fang then Sucker Punch): Taunt + Pain Split+Sucker Punch + Toxic Spikes, I see a possibly anti lead that's smexy. I feel like I could see this girl going up to OU.

Feraligatr (Aqua Jet): Mmmmm not bad. I am not too sure whether if this is an OU material though, I'd still say BL material.
Crobat (Super Fang): I'd say this thing might be able to go up to OU but not too certain.
Misdreavus (Nasty plot): OU? Maybe since it is still too frail.
Sharpedo (Super Fang): WIth super fang and aqua jet along with its nice speed and powerful attack stat, it can do a lot of damage in OU. Still, its frailty...I would say if it were ever to go up to OU, I would use this as the anti-lead/suicide lead -_-.

Aggron (Head smash): What the crap? It's powerful!!!!! It still has 2 x4 weaknesses. I can't see this guy going up to OU but that is something I need to find out lol.

Cradily (Curse): This guy...now this guy is the one I have been waiting for. This guy should give me a monstrous mixed wall in my SS stall team. I can see him going up to OU.

Walrein (Super Fang): Hail stall!!!!!!!! I guess you hail stallers will love this guy lol.

Spirittomb (Pain Split): Hmmm....

Forretress (Pain Split): Fuck yeah!

GIBLE: MUD SHOT ZOMG!

well thats true. buutttt....

Wouldnt a +1 Attack and +1 Speed Move like Waterfall be more effective then a +2 Move like Aqua Jet and no Speed? Even though its priority and all..

idk im not good with calculations

OMG Chansey gets Mud Shot gtfo

+2 Attack will always be better than +1 Attack and Speed with a priority move >_>. What I also see coming if a massive increase in Gravity teams.

well thats true. buutttt....

Wouldnt a +1 Attack and +1 Speed Move like Waterfall be more effective then a +2 Move like Aqua Jet and no Speed?

Nope.
Let's see, for this I have made some calculations with an adamant max attack Gatr against the standard CB Scizor (water hits it for neutral damage).

+1 Gatr with life orb waterfall: 508 Atk vs 236 Def & 343 HP (80 Base Power): 240 - 283 (69.97% - 82.51%)

+2 Gatr with life orb aqua jet: 678 Atk vs 236 Def & 343 HP (40 Base Power): 160 - 190 (46.65% - 55.39%)

Aqua jet will most definitely make you miss some KO's but it gives him what's really important in this current metagame, priority :)

For his aqua jet sd set, I'd give him lots of bulky (HP and such) so he should also be able to pull off a sd or two (probably one). I still think he's not an OU but a BL material.

Edit: OH! and this calculation was without considering torrent in so...he should do more damage later on :D

Nope.
Let's see, for this I have made some calculations with an adamant max attack Gatr against the standard CB Scizor (water hits it for neutral damage).

+1 Gatr with life orb waterfall: 508 Atk vs 236 Def & 343 HP (80 Base Power): 240 - 283 (69.97% - 82.51%)

+2 Gatr with life orb aqua jet: 678 Atk vs 236 Def & 343 HP (40 Base Power): 160 - 190 (46.65% - 55.39%)

Aqua jet will most definitely make you miss some KO's but it gives him what's really important in this current metagame, priority :)

For his aqua jet sd set, I'd give him lots of bulky (HP and such) so he should also be able to pull off a sd or two (probably one). I still think he's not an OU but a BL material.

Edit: OH! and this calculation was without considering torrent in so...he should do more damage later on :D

I agree. SD Empoleon will be so outclassed...

I really In my opinion think the DD set is better, Youve got the Speed boost so you really dont need priority, unless facing other priority, none which are super effective against Gator BTW and If you putting EV's into HP on the SD set, than Priorty vs Other Priority wont matter because youll be slow as a snail.

I dont know just my opinion on it all

I really In my opinion think the DD set is better, Youve got the Speed boost so you really dont need priority, unless facing other priority, none which are super effective against Gator BTW and If you putting EV's into HP on the SD set, than Priorty vs Other Priority wont matter because youll be slow as a snail.

I dont know just my opinion on it all

If you look at scizor, you don't need BP to be super effective to make him pretty much wreak havoc as he's just powerful. Setup sweepers are great but they have a major problem as compared to that of strong priority users: no matter how many dd's they get, they are still outran by the priority users. Of course after getting like 32348u092834 DDs, they can just OHKO back but that's very unlikely to happen (unless you suck but I am sure you won't let that happen). There's a reason as to why the current metagame greatly emphasizes on priority users and what not. I would say that in my opinion, the SD would be more effective if he wre to come over to OU (not sure about other tiersat all though).

Well I guess we are on a Stalemate then. But I think Gyarados would outclass Feraligatr in OU

Anyways onto the topic, umm

Barbroach gets Dragon Dance!
Alright back on track

DD/Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Stone Edge, and it also gets Spark and Zen Headbutt. Even though 78 attack and 60 speed isn't enough to sweep even in NU, this guy certainly has the bulk (110/73/71 defenses) to get a few DDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back