Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah, Its seems just like a few months that the new 5th gen games were released, time is going so fast. I'm very stoked to see what the new Kyurem forms will be like. I really hope the stat spreads aren't the same generic 100/150/90/120/120/95 or something like that. It would be cool one of the forms actually had a stat over 150 or 154 because in Ubers base 150 offensive stats are the norm. The only pokemon seen occasionly in Ubers with a higher offensive stat is Deoxys-A. Move tutors or may be new egg/event moves are another thing that I'm really looking forward to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lG-tmuvmrU&context=C4d5d5a8ADvjVQa1PpcFNXDdDAW4yQDPDtpqNoHMXKw-P

Normal Kyurem using what appears to be Flamethrower, the animation looks way too fire-centric for Hyper Beam.
I dunno, seemed a little too explosive for Flamethrower. Fusion Flare perhaps? It would make more sense given its association with Zekrom and Reshriam. It also looks like it uses those two 180BP Ice moves as well, though they could've been Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I dunno, seemed a little too explosive for Flamethrower. Fusion Flare perhaps? It would make more sense given its association with Zekrom and Reshriam. It also looks like it uses those two 180BP Ice moves as well, though they could've been Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Neh, Fusion Flare is more like this:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/up...Flare.png/800px-Reshiram_M14_Fusion_Flare.png

Edit: And a Flamethrower for reference http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/25/Reshiram_M14_Flamethrower.png

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Finally...

The new player characters look fantastic, especially the girl.

New gym leaders by the looks of it.

Appears to be a new region (or new areas in Unova at least), but Unova is also featured in the background of the last scan so that must play a role.

Old pokemon are featured (for the regional dex?).

This is awesome.

EDIT: Unova looks all icy...

The game still takes place in Unova, goofuses. We start out under Driftveil; the area that was foresty now sports at least 3 new towns.

The rocker is a Poison type leader, the swimmer is water (shock). Poofy blue haired guy is our rival

Unova dex now encoporates older Pokemon to give a 300 strong dex

edit: Pokejungle says 2 years after

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think the non-Unova Pokemon added to Unova will just be the ones that were in the post game of BW. Riolu, Metagross (Metang), Mantine (Mantyke), Golduck (Psyduck), etc. are all available in the postgame.

Thinking about it, it makes sense for them to have migrated to the main region if the right side was being frozen.

I think the non-Unova Pokemon added to Unova will just be the ones that were in the post game of BW. Riolu, Metagross (Metang), Mantine (Mantyke), Golduck (Psyduck), etc. are all available in the postgame.
They also show Eevee, Mareep, and Arcanine, who weren't available normally.

anyway just posting what I posted on serebii since why not
For reference, here is the BW Unova: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...:Unova_alt.png
BW2 Unova: http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855386.jpg

Obviously the entire east side is frozen except for the Abundant Shrine. Looks like Iccuris & the Pokemon League are frozen as well. Anville is still just fine, though.
The Entralink's surrounding water has dried up. The Entralink itself is more elevated with stairs and such.
Route 4's road has been completed, in addition to the buildings
The Resort Desert now has a rectangle of water jutting into it.
The previously forested section now makes up the new starting area of Unova
Drifveil seems to have a number of changes:
-No lighthouse. Possibly just left off for detail reasons?
-The are now 2 ... craters? indents? in the town. One by the gym, one where the Cold Storage was.
-The Cold Storage area also now has a new building
A cute touch, the electroweb blocking the Chargestone Cave isn't there.
ALSO MELOTTA STILL DID NOT GET SUGIMORI ARTWORK

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't care, as long as they make a new item called Red Shoes which increases Normal- and Fighting-type moves' power by 20% and makes Pirouette the default forme.

Hey, Unova is partially frozen so maybe I'm right about Snow Warning. Let me keep on my wishful thinkings, thank you.

I don't care, as long as they make a new item called Red Shoes which increases Normal- and Fighting-type moves' power by 20% and makes Pirouette the default forme.

Hey, Unova is partially frozen so maybe I'm right about Snow Warning. Let me keep on my wishful thinkings, thank you.
Apparently they might just be hiding the map with ice for teaser purposes. But that's still up in the air

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Second of all, that looks like every hyper beam ever, flamethrower rarely has related explosions, where Hyper Beam always does.
I havent watched the anime for a few months now, but as of the Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus episode, Hyper Beam has been changed to look more like it does ingame (more of a smooth beam rather than the fiery one they used 1st gen-4th gen). But again, who knows.

Also
On the top part of the page, where the screenshots of Ice Burn and Freeze Shock are, there are captions that say Zekrom [Fusion Bolt] .... 140, and Reshiram [Fusion Flare] ...140. Can someone make out what it says to complete the sentence?

Upstart

Copy Cat
Due to the appearance of the new protagonist it would appear that you are the children of the protagonists of Black and White

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I highly doubt that is the case if this game is set two years in the future. I believe the BW protagonists were 15 years old...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)