Sports NBA Thread: 2023-2024 Season

That game 6 was truly insane but hey

WE'RE IN THE WESTERN FINALS GO MAVS
This team is so fun to watch between being lob city, playing great defense and never giving up. You can see the chemistry they have and it's special not to mention the entire roster is under contract heading into next year aside from DJJ(BRING HIM BACK NICO) and they can only build on this success.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This team is so fun to watch between being lob city, playing great defense and never giving up. You can see the chemistry they have and it's special not to mention the entire roster is under contract heading into next year aside from DJJ(BRING HIM BACK NICO) and they can only build on this success.
as a mavs fan, be honest are we really getting past the nuggets / wolves?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Luka has a shot at the ring, huh.

As a Mavs fan I'm gonna say it's highly unlikely, I think matchup wise it's just difficult for the Mavs, Edwards will lock down Kyrie, McDaniels / Alexander Walker for Luka (Injured), KAT / Naz Reid I think will be a bit much for PJ Washington, and if they decide to put either at the 5 I think we're fucked. Would love to be proven wrong though.

As a Mavs fan I'm gonna say it's highly unlikely, I think matchup wise it's just difficult for the Mavs, Edwards will lock down Kyrie, McDaniels / Alexander Walker for Luka (Injured), KAT / Naz Reid I think will be a bit much for PJ Washington, and if they decide to put either at the 5 I think we're fucked. Would love to be proven wrong though.
don't think ant can lock down Kyrie though he's a good defender but Kyrie will get his I do unfortunately agree Luka probably will struggle with McDaniels due to his knee and him being an elite defender. It'll come down to kyrie and the role players stepping up again like PJ, DJJ and lively did vs thunder.

My initial thoughts on Mavs/Wolves is that this is the first time in the playoffs the Mavericks will play a team longer and bigger (as far as size) than they are. OKC and Clippers were primarily wingmen trying to drive and shoot. Wolves are aggressive and (strangely) aren't a strong defensive rebounding team but still managed against Denver.

Honestly Edwards could bother Kyrie quite a bit if Murray was any indication. It's not like Kyrie has had a great OKC series. I think the Wolves being early slight favorites makes sense.

My initial thoughts on Mavs/Wolves is that this is the first time in the playoffs the Mavericks will play a team longer and bigger (as far as size) than they are. OKC and Clippers were primarily wingmen trying to drive and shoot. Wolves are aggressive and (strangely) aren't a strong defensive rebounding team but still managed against Denver.

Honestly Edwards could bother Kyrie quite a bit if Murray was any indication. It's not like Kyrie has had a great OKC series. I think the Wolves being early slight favorites makes sense.
Oh I'm not saying ant can't bother him he definitely has the ability to slow Kyrie down I just disagreed with locking him up Kyrie has a bigger bag and far better handles compared to Murray. I expect a good series that probably goes 6 or 7 and could go either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)