Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Yes, Njb013, the Nature, Gender, Ability and Shinyness are generated as soon as the old guy has the egg. The IVs are generated as soon as you take the egg.

IVs are RNG, I think, because Elm advances frames when you try to get the right IVs. You should go check my guides on my thread, because they're step by step.

My frame is being screwy in Soul Silver. I'm trying to breed a Snover and two calibration trials gave me a frame of 1, but now I'm getting inconsistent results.

No roamers
Parent A: 31/29/1/24/3/14
Parent B: 0/29/3/31/16/3
6/10/2010 19:05
Target (assuming Frame 1): 71130292 (31/29/31/31/31/26)

Trial 1:
Egg: 0 - 1 / 29 / 1, 3 / 9 / 12 / 15, 17
Drowzee (caught immediately after receiving egg): 10 - 11 / 30 / 6, 8 / 26 / 17, 19 / 4 (Naive)
Seed: 71130280
Frame: 3
Delay: 630

Trial 2:
Egg: 31/12/1,3,5,7/31/23/21,23,25,27
Drowzee: 12-13/4,6,8/2/4/21,23,25/30
Seed: 71130286
Frame: 1
Delay: 636

Trial 3:
Egg: 31/24/1/24/4/25
Drowzee: 3/28/16/14,16,18/14/31
Seed: 71130290
Frame: 3
Delay: 646

What's going on?

How many pokemon do you have in your party? My first guess would be that you are running 128 steps, which advances the RNG by 1 for every pokemon in your party. If you have two, there's your answer. Doing IV's with Eggs can be difficult according to the info given by Chamommy; you'll have to restart the game once the Egg is within 128 steps of hatching and then re-hit your seed to hatch on frame 1. Ain't that a b****?

Btw, thanks Chamommy.

How many pokemon do you have in your party? My first guess would be that you are running 128 steps, which advances the RNG by 1 for every pokemon in your party. If you have two, there's your answer. Doing IV's with Eggs can be difficult according to the info given by Chamommy; you'll have to restart the game once the Egg is within 128 steps of hatching and then re-hit your seed to hatch on frame 1. Ain't that a b****?

Btw, thanks Chamommy.
You don't walk to get Egg IVs. You just get the egg at the right time.

But he has to hatch it on the right frame, right? :confused:
Not at all, you need to receive the egg at the right frame. Before you criticize someone about something make sure you have some idea about what you are talking about. Have you ever RNG'ed for egg IV's successfully? Sorry for coming off harsh, but whenever someone makes a comment that they have no idea what they are talking about it aggravates me.

No, it has to be picked up from the daycare man on the right frame. :-)

When you're experienced, you can actually determine that you hit your target frame, save right after getting the egg and hatch it wherever you want because you know it's IVs already. That's how people go about hatching them at special places. They already know the IVs. They just save right after taking the egg because they also know they landed on their seed exactly.

Read my guides. I tried to keep it step by step as I could.

I am actually brand new to Egg IV RNGing, but I wasn't criticizing anyone......I am very experienced in doing shinyness in 4th Gen Eggs, though, especially in Platinum. I have also RNG'd a good deal of shiny/IV'd Legends, so my skills aren't exactly lacking. I am simply trying something new to expand my skills.

And I was just saying that to point out that he'd walked 128 to advance the frame between recieving the egg and catching the Drowzee

I am actually brand new to Egg IV RNGing, but I wasn't criticizing anyone......I am very experienced in doing shinyness in 4th Gen Eggs, though, especially in Platinum. I have also RNG'd a good deal of shiny/IV'd Legends, so my skills aren't exactly lacking. I am simply trying something new to expand my skills.
I apologize for that. You seemed to say that the guide was wrong without any experience which was annoying me as it appeared to criticize something you have no experience in while someone succeeded with it. Also just try Chamommy's guide a bit until you successfully RNG the IV's. I actually began RNG'ing the eggs shinyness and IVs on my HG and I recently RNG'ed the Eevee you get from Bill so I would say that if you can RNG eggs well you would be able to RNG other things. I don't know if this works the other way around.

Yes, I realize that. My comments weren't bad-mouthing the guides in any way; I referenced them several times while beginning to RNG. Apology accepted, btw. No hard feelings?

@Chamommy: Agh. Forgot already. *Sigh*

And I was just saying that to point out that he'd walked 128 to advance the frame between recieving the egg and catching the Drowzee
I probably only walked (cycled) a maximum of 15 steps, given the proximity of the Day Care Man near Goldenrod and the patch of grass below him.

What I want to know, however, is why the frame kept changing.

Hmmmm.....so if you didn't walk 128 steps, idk what happened. Did you walk 128 steps before picking up the Egg? Also, you have no roamers, correct?

You guys shouldn't be walking at all. You should just get on the right frame using Elm calls and grabbed that egg before the frame advances due to NPC movement.

Yeah, but that was just in case he had saved somewhere close by instead of like RIGHT in front of the guy. That NPC was a good spot, though. Forgot about him.

I loaded my game and was directly in front of the DCMan on my bicycle(where I saved). I got the egg and cycled down into the patch of grass and caught a drowzee. All my roamers were killed before I saved, and I did not call Elm.

Not that I think it's relevant, but after catching drowzee, I flew to Victory Road then Cerulean, checked Hidden Power, hatched egg on cycling road, checked Hidden Power, flew to and battled Elite Four to get IVs through Metalkid's calc, then turned game off, reset time, and did it again.

Since Egg IVs are determined at the time the Daycare man is about to hand over the egg--after you said yes, you want it--the only right way to get the right IVs is to get into the game at the right time and advance the frames to the exact frame just before speaking to the Daycare man.

This means you absolutely must save directly in front of him and there is no walking around or biking beforehand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)