Project Metagame Workshop

Yeah, this may be too much chaos, stuff would get out of control too easily and games would snowball too early, how do you balance this?

This isnt reasonable for ladder people to understand, the premise is too long and complex.

Im not sure what I'm reading here, but sounds kinda lame, just control how switching works?

This it is, indeed, Hackmons with some restrictions. Like, you just want to make sure everyone plays offense while removing half of the strategic value from those teams.
Parting Shot.

This isnt reasonable for ladder people to understand, the premise is too long and complex.

This is pretty simple, although it may be annoying to keep track of multiple meters. You need to display the meters every turn or a command to show them. He could forgo the changes that don't involve meters.

Im not sure what I'm reading here, but sounds kinda lame, just control how switching works?

It turns the simultaneous game into a partially sequential game where you reveal your odds of staying in or switching, and the outcome is determined by RNG.

Can we use just the point system in Joim's post in page 9 of this thread for an OM?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/skillmons-coming-back-soon™.3524601/page-9
Ignore the other balancing changes.

We have meters for a bunch of things. Initially, we only show the meters for misses, secondary effects, and critical hits, but as other effects like para and freeze happen, we show those too.

Unbans include mechanics that increase evasion like sand veil. OHKO moves are still banned.

Had this vague idea recently, I don't know if it's interesting enough but I think it's worth sharing :

MAVERICKS CHALLENGE

Premise : The way moves are executed is reversed.

1) Moves that last one turn behave as follows -> first the effect/backlash, then the attack (if physical or special) :
Pivot moves instantly make the user switch (no hit) while moves like Dragon Tail force the opponent to switch out then hit the next one
Knock Off and Fling make the target lose their item first (so Fling is basically unusable)
Spit up and Swallow make the user lose its Stockpile count (+ boosts) without making damages/healing
Draining moves like Giga-Drain, Matcha Gotcha or Drainig Kiss always remove 1 HP before hitting, Strength Sap first drops the target's Att then recovers HP
Moves with recoil damages like Flare Blitz or Take Down inflict 1 HP to users before hitting
2) Moves that last more than one turn :
Doom Desire and Future Sight will inflict damages but one can't use them for the next two turns
The likes of Solar Beam or Meteor Beam now work the same as Hyper Beam or Giga Impact, and vice versa. Bide works like Metal Burst but the user can't move next two turns
Bounce, Dig, Dive, Fly, Phantom Force and Shadow Force let the users hit first then "hide" next turn
3) Effects are independant from moves accuracy, which means it's possible to annoy opponents without being able to hit.
For example, Rapid Spin let users remove hazards while doing no damages against Ghost-type foes. However, if the effect itself has a probability lower than 100% to happen then it'll be taken into account.
4) The following moves are not affected by the mechanic :
Axe Kick | High Jump Kick | Supercell Slam => still inflict 50% recoil if missing.
Beak Blast => still need contact to burn the target ;
Clangourous Soul | Fillet Away | Substitute => loses HP after setup, can't repeat if HP are too low ;
Explosion | Final Gambit | Lunar Dance | Memento | Misty Explosion | Self-Destruct => users always faint at the end ;
Fell Stinger => can't boost the user if it doesn't knock the target out ;
Outrage | Raging Furry | Thrash => confusion comes after the hits.
Endless Battle Clause
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause : only one Pokemon can be frozen
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause : sleep moves are banned
Species Clause
Arena Trap
Contrary
Moody
Sand Veil
Snow Cloack
Shadow Tag
Clear Powder
King's Rock
Baton Pass
Dire Claw
Last Respects
Relic Song
Shed Tail
Uber Tier list, even more to come
Q1 : How do effects take place when they're multiple ?
A1 : The last one becomes the first one, and so on.

Q2 : How Shield Dust and Covert Cloak work under this mechanic ?
A2 : They don't work anymore (lol). To be accurate, as they're supposed to ignore secondary effects of offensive moves, they can't do it in these special circumstances because the effects come first.

Questions for the community :

Do you see potential threats ?
Should I add/remove bans ?

None yet
On approval

Now gentlemen, to your keyboard !

Last edited:
Had this vague idea recently, I don't know if it's interesting enough but I think it's worth sharing :

MAVERICKS CHALLENGE

Premise : The way moves are executed is reversed.

1) Moves that last one turn behave as follows -> first the effect/backlash, then the attack (if physical or special) :
Pivot moves instantly make the user switch (no hit) while moves like Dragon Tail force the opponent to switch out then hit the next one
Knock Off and Fling make the target lose their item first (so Fling is basically unusable)
Spit up and Swallow make the user lose its Stockpile count (+ boosts) without making damages/healing
Draining moves like Giga-Drain, Matcha Gotcha or Drainig Kiss always remove 1 HP before hitting, Strength Sap first drops the target's Att then recovers HP
Moves with recoil damages like Flare Blitz or Take Down inflict 1 HP to users before hitting
2) Moves that last more than one turn :
Doom Desire and Future Sight will inflict damages but one can't use them for the next two turns
The likes of Solar Beam or Meteor Beam now work the same as Hyper Beam or Giga Impact, and vice versa. Bide works like Metal Burst but the user can't move next two turns
Bounce, Dig, Dive, Fly, Phantom Force and Shadow Force let the users hit first then "hide" next turn
3) Effects are independant from moves accuracy, which means it's possible to annoy opponents without being able to hit.
For example, Rapid Spin let users remove hazards while doing no damages against Ghost-type foes. However, if the effect itself has a probability lower than 100% to happen then it'll be taken into account.
4) The following moves are not affected by the mechanic :
Beak Blast => still need contact to burn the target ;
Clangourous Soul | Fillet Away | Substitute => loses HP after setup, can't repeat if HP are too low ;
Explosion | Final Gambit | Lunar Dance | Memento | Misty Explosion | Self-Destruct => users always faint at the end ;
Fell Stinger => can't boost the user if it doesn't knock the target out ;
Outrage | Raging Furry | Thrash => confusion comes after the hits.
Endless Battle Clause
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause : only one Pokemon can be frozen
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause : sleep moves are banned
Species Clause
Arena Trap
Contrary
Moody
Sand Veil
Snow Cloack
Shadow Tag
Clear Powder
King's Rock
Baton Pass
Dire Claw
Last Respects
Relic Song
Shed Tail
Uber Tier list, even more to come
Q1 : How do effects take place when they're multiple ?
A1 : The last one becomes the first one, and so on.

Q2 : How Shield Dust and Covert Cloak work under this mechanic ?
A2 : They don't work anymore (lol). To be accurate, as they're supposed to ignore secondary effects of offensive moves, they can't do it in these special circumstances because the effects come first.

Questions for the community :

Do you see potential threats ?
Should I add/remove bans ?

None yet
On approval

Now gentlemen, to your keyboard !
This would only qualify as a petmod, as there is no clear way to define what the reversed effect of everything is, so you need to go one by one with each case, on top of sounding like a coding nightmare.

This would only qualify as a petmod, as there is no clear way to define what the reversed effect of everything is, so you need to go one by one with each case, on top of sounding like a coding nightmare.
Just to be sure, is my premise confusing ? Nothing about the moves change in itself.
I'm not a developer but I've practiced in Java and Javascript/HTML/CSS, so I'd be interested in seeing PS! code.

Just to be sure, is my premise confusing ? Nothing about the moves change in itself.
I'm not a developer but I've practiced in Java and Javascript/HTML/CSS, so I'd be interested in seeing PS! code.
Is not confusing, but you need to realize, not all moves are being affected the same way, what is happening with recoil is very different from what happens with delayed moves, you even have a list of excluded moves for a reason, rules need to be simple and have a single interpretation when being applied that someone who is playing can easily guess what is going to happen in each circumstance.

The premise is mainly just "things are at odds and predictable, no blaming RNG", all of the extra stuff is just to explain how it's actually implemented
preferably there would be gauges displaying everything too, or the accuracy being replaced with "Will Hit?" and "Will do secondary effect"? each displaying yes or no depending on what would happen at odds

Time Traveling Titans (Godly Gift PH)
Premise:
The basic idea is that its godly gift but ph. The twist though is your “god” would be a mon from gen 9 whilst the stat inheriters are from gen 7.
Potential Bans: It’s pure hackmons so no bans but i would like to keep the gods in gen 9 because i think adding eternamax would ruin the creativity and everyone would pick it as their god. (We could do a bh form with bans but I’m partial to ph)
Questions: would the movset/ability of the god be in gen 9 or 7? (ie: can i have an ngas eleki with revival blessing or a wg caly with ltbts) I think either way works and would be fun but idk

VGC Draft
(note: no so much an other metagame, more so an extension of vgc to give more advantage to dynamic teambuilding)

Premise: VGC battle with current regulation but instead of preparing a team, you and your opponent do a short draft (time TBC but something like 2 minutes per player). It will consist of ban and pick phases. After this, another short timer, 3 mins maybe, is given for the player to build it in team builder quickly before playing. It is VGC but you have to be able to teambuild as a skill AND pilot the team. More skill to general versatile players as they can tell what's important and build to a win condition. At a high level you can also target ban (eg wolfe glick is very good with incin and rilla pivot playstyle, you can ban it but will lose in another way because he is good).

Bans: N/A. Would follow the current official VGC format (eg reg G, or reg H, etc). Pokemon are banned by the players during the pick ban phase, so the bans are different for every game! (unless a player decides to choose to always ban calyrex and urshifu etc).

Threats: A threat is that player 1 or player 2 draft order is deemed unfair. Maybe first pick is too broken (it likely won't because whatever is picked gets countered) or maybe last pick is broken because it gives one single mon that can't be broken. The draft order will be the only point of changing the rules, as otherwise will follow VGC rules.

Questions for the community:
Can this be implemented into showdown? I would guess yes because it already has the framework, but obviously there are a few steps to it, draft screen (with timer), teambuilder (with timer), and then battle. I think if showdown is able to make it really easy for people to play from a software perspective, it will get a lot of use. The current format of a google sheet with a separate timer, then showdown with separate timer, then organise a battle is bad.

Would anyone that is keen to try the idea like to contact me and try it (google sheets then showdown team builder then battle)? I think this format is also very entertainment friendly as a caster can discuss: why things were banned, potential counterpicks to come out, significance of important picks).

Example:
1.png

In picture. I have made this into a google sheets to play the premise.
Would work best on showdown because.
1. Showdown can implement the timer system, and make the drafting clean.
2. Showdown is required anyway for google sheet version because a part of it is drafting your team around an idea. With the ease of team builder you are able to assignmoves/tera type for your strategy quickly.
3. It allows people to play it without being dependent on my google sheet doc. Play with others on the ladder.

Last edited:
I still have no idea for the name, but the idea is that pokemon with abilities that affect the users moves, get every move affected by their abilities. For example, a pokemon with Sharpness would get every slicing move powered up by it. Or a pokemon with Triage would get every hp restoring move in the game. This would be a really cool format. It's basically just STABmons but with abilities instead of types. Pokemon that don't get abilities that affect moves are just normal pokemon. Abilities that grant immunites to certain moves (such as Good as Gold), will not get every move they're immune to. Banned Mons: CalyS, CalyI, Miraidon, Koraidon, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Kyurem(all forms), Zekrom, Reshiram, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma(all forms), Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta-Crowned, Eternatus.

Ability Bans: Pure Power, Huge Power. Although not because of the moves they get, since Huge Power affects the attack stat, not the physical attacking moves themselves
Ability Watchlist: Triage, Water Bubble. The reasons these guys arent banned is because their users aren't too great. It's not parabolic charge comfey is going to OHKO anything. Water Bubble is closer to being banned though, as Araquanid with surging strikes might be too strong, although its slowness will probably help counter that
Mon Watchlist: Chi-yu, Chien-pao, Regieleki, Regidrago. Chien-Pao and Chi-yu, even without not being affected by this format, still are just very strong. I'm not too comfortable with an unoutspeedable pokemon getting STAB Electro Drift, ALONG with another 1.3x boost without considering items, although may not be that OP. Regidraco does get focus energy, making spacial rend getting 3 1.5x boosts with crits, Dragon's Maw, and STAB, along with its hp, might be overwhelming opponents. Although if proven it not be as strong as it is on paper, probably not gonna get banned.
Move Bans: Last Respects, Baton Pass, Revival Blessing
Item Bans: King's Rock, Starf Berry, Razor Fang, Leppa Berry

had this idea recently, so here goes nothing.

THE PHANTOM ALLY (updated)

Description:
Ever wanted your pokemon to give itself a Coaching, a Dragon Cheer or better yet a Helping Hand? Or have you ever enjoyed twisted doubles strategies that involve you attacking your ally? This meta would allow you to do just that in a singles format, where your pokemon is treated as its own ally.

Premise: In place of the nickname of your pokemon, you can put names of legally obtainable moves that normally target a single ally or a single opponent. Every time a user switches-in, becomes active, and clicks on any one of its 4 moves, the nickname move, a.k.a the phantom ally will target the user itself. The clicked move will be executed normally and on the same turn as the phantom ally move.

Rules/FAQ:

Q:
What are the list of moves that can be Phantom Allies?
A: Any move that either, (a) targets one ally, (b) targets one adjacent pokemon, (c) targets any pokemon

Q:
Can I use Phantom ally moves consecutively?
A: No. They can be used ONCE for the duration the user is active. They'll activate the turn after every time a user switches-in and with the first move they click. For the successive turns the user is active, the phantom ally will not activate.

Q: How does priority/move ordering work?
A: Phantom ally works like a move and retains its priority. If both phantom ally and clicked move share the same priority, the moves are executed at random order. Speed tie with the opponent works the same way as it does in a doubles format.

Q: Is there a restriction on the category of the Phantom Ally move?
A: No, they can be either status or non-status.

Move Restrictions: All charging and semi-invulnerable turn moves (both in move slot and nickname slot)

Pokemon Restrictions: Ubers

Sample Mons with Phantom ally nicknames:

Heal Pulse (Clawitzer) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mega Launcher
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- U-turn

Pluck (Zapdos-Galar) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Hurricane
- Knock Off

Ice shard (Donphan) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Gunk Shot

Ideas, constructive criticism are welcome (as before).

Last edited:

Name: THE PHANTOM ALLY

Description:
Ever wanted your pokemon to give itself a Coaching, a Dragon Cheer or better yet a Helping Hand? Or have you ever enjoyed twisted doubles strategies that involve you attacking your ally? This meta would allow you to do just that in a singles format, where your pokemon is treated as its own ally.

Premise: In lieu of your item, you can put a legal move that falls into the following categories.
a) Targets: one ally
b) Targets: one adjacent pokemon
c) Targets: any pokemon (long range moves basically)

and every time you click your 1st move, the item slot move will be executed before your 1st move, and will target the user itself, instead of using the target in its description. Then the selected 1st move will be executed normally. This allows you to use two moves consecutively in a given turn (kinda a blend of linked and forte)

Examples:
1)
Jolteon with Thundershock in item slot, and Thunderbolt as 1st move. Clicking on Thunderbolt will have it use Thundershock on itself potentially activating Volt Absorb before thunderbolt is executed.

2) Ribbombee with Pollen Puff in item slot, and Moonblast as 1st move. Clicking on Moonblast will make it heal itself first before Moonblast is executed, since that's Pollen Puff's ally effect.

Mon bans: All Ubers potentially, rest TBD

Move bans/restrictions: TBD (potentially Heal Pulse, Floral Healing), 1st move should be restricted to be in a priority bracket that is at the highest same as the move in item slot.

Ideas, constructive criticism are welcome.
I had a similar concept in mind, involving abilities for Doubles too. Thought this idea looks OM potential, I see some minor issues :
1) While stating the order in which actions happen (item then move), "selected first move" can, in my opinion, still be interpreted as either the move located in the first moveslot or the first move ever used in battle. The second one highlights a question : let's suppose a Komala uses Sleep Talk as first move, would it activate the item with Sleep Talk or the output ?
2) If my opponent taunt me on my first move, which is Statut, does the item activate ?

I had a similar concept in mind, involving abilities for Doubles too. Thought this idea looks OM potential, I see some minor issues :
1) While stating the order in which actions happen (item then move), "selected first move" can, in my opinion, still be interpreted as either the move located in the first moveslot or the first move ever used in battle. The second one highlights a question : let's suppose a Komala uses Sleep Talk as first move, would it activate the item with Sleep Talk or the output ?
2) If my opponent taunt me on my first move, which is Statut, does the item activate ?

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated!

1) I should have perhaps made this clearer in the premise. By 1st move, I mean the top slot move in the teambuilder, not the first move you use in battle.

2) This one is much trickier. What I had in mind was the item moves (phantom ally moves) are subject to the same checks as the the regular moves you use. So long as you're able to click your top move, the item moves will activate but will be subject to checks such as taunt or full paralysis if the pokemon is paralyzed, and these checks would be applied to both the item move and the 1st slot move independently.

Here is an example with Taunt:

CASE 1: Both item and 1st slot moves are status

If the user successfully clicks top slot move, but opposing pokemon's Taunt goes first, then both moves should fail with the appropriate failure messages. (i.e "[mon] cannot use [item move] after Taunt!" followed by "[mon] cannot use [1st move] after Taunt!" ).

Now there is a possibility here that the sequence of moves is intercepted by opposing pokemon's Taunt if there is a speed tie, in which case, only the latter move will be blocked by Taunt.

CASE 2: Item slot move is status, 1st move is non-status

In this case, every time you click on your 1st move, as long as you are taunted, your item move should fail as you're trying to use the move but can't due to Taunt status and the 1st move would work as usual. So if you have Helping Hand in your item slot and you're Taunted while using your top move, because the move is high priority, you'll get the message "[mon] cannot use Helping Hand because of Taunt" before everything else.

CASE 3: Item slot move is non-status, 1st move is status

This is perhaps the trickiest. If you're Taunted during the turn you click your top slot move, the item slot move should successfully activate, while 1st slot move fails with the appropriate message.

Being able to click the first move is the prerequisite for the item move to activate and checks are applied afterwards. That's basically what I have in mind. There may be more cases the consider here.

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated!

1) I should have perhaps made this clearer in the premise. By 1st move, I mean the top slot move in the teambuilder, not the first move you use in battle.

2) This one is much trickier. What I had in mind was the item moves (phantom ally moves) are subject to the same checks as the the regular moves you use. So long as you're able to click your top move, the item moves will activate but will be subject to checks such as taunt or full paralysis if the pokemon is paralyzed, and these checks would be applied to both the item move and the 1st slot move independently.

Here is an example with Taunt:

CASE 1: Both item and 1st slot moves are status

If the user successfully clicks top slot move, but opposing pokemon's Taunt goes first, then both moves should fail with the appropriate failure messages. (i.e "[mon] cannot use [item move] after Taunt!" followed by "[mon] cannot use [1st move] after Taunt!" ).

Now there is a possibility here that the sequence of moves is intercepted by opposing pokemon's Taunt if there is a speed tie, in which case, only the latter move will be blocked by Taunt.

CASE 2: Item slot move is status, 1st move is non-status

In this case, every time you click on your 1st move, as long as you are taunted, your item move should fail as you're trying to use the move but can't due to Taunt status and the 1st move would work as usual. So if you have Helping Hand in your item slot and you're Taunted while using your top move, because the move is high priority, you'll get the message "[mon] cannot use Helping Hand because of Taunt" before everything else.

CASE 3: Item slot move is non-status, 1st move is status

This is perhaps the trickiest. If you're Taunted during the turn you click your top slot move, the item slot move should successfully activate, while 1st slot move fails with the appropriate message.

Being able to click the first move is the prerequisite for the item move to activate and checks are applied afterwards. That's basically what I have in mind. There may be more cases the consider here.
I know for a while now (because I tear my hair out to find exploitable ideas for OM) that the less deep a mechanic is the better. Regarding Taunt, I think you should just limit the effect range to the moveslot only (instead of item + moveslot going into case-by-case basis), because you have to use the move in the first slot to activate the item anyway.

Last edited:

Name: THE PHANTOM ALLY

Description:

Premise: In lieu of your item, you can put a legal move that falls into the following categories.
a) Targets: one ally
b) Targets: one adjacent pokemon
c) Targets: any pokemon (long range moves basically)

and every time you click your 1st move, the item slot move will be executed before your 1st move, and will target the user itself, instead of using the target in its description. Then the selected 1st move will be executed normally. This allows you to use two moves consecutively in a given turn (kinda a blend of linked and forte)

Examples:
1)
Jolteon with Thundershock in item slot, and Thunderbolt as 1st move. Clicking on Thunderbolt will have it use Thundershock on itself potentially activating Volt Absorb before thunderbolt is executed.

2) Ribbombee with Pollen Puff in item slot, and Moonblast as 1st move. Clicking on Moonblast will make it heal itself first before Moonblast is executed, since that's Pollen Puff's ally effect.

Mon bans: All Ubers potentially, rest TBD

Move bans/restrictions: TBD (potentially Heal Pulse, Floral Healing), 1st move should be restricted to be in a priority bracket that is at the highest same as the move in item slot.

Ideas, constructive criticism are welcome.

I would recommend you look at the OMs Trademarked and Fortemons. What you are describing is already pretty much "Trademarked but Doubles" with a few more complications. Because both of these OMs already exist, I don't really think this could go very far, even if you did flesh this out more. Council would likely deem this as being too similar to the existing concepts.

Edit: I misread, this isn't a doubles format. However, I think my point still stands as this does appear to be a mix of the two OMs I have linked here.

Last edited:
I would recommend you look at the OMs Trademarked and Fortemons. What you are describing is already pretty much "Trademarked but Doubles" with a few more complications. Because both of these OMs already exist, I don't really think this could go very far, even if you did flesh this out more. Council would likely deem this as being too similar to the existing concepts.

Edit: I misread, this isn't a doubles format. However, I think my point still stands as this does appear to be a mix of the two OMs I have linked here.

hmm.. While I do hear you, I think this may be a little superficial.

As an avid player of fortemons, the only similarity I can think of is placement of the move in the item slot. Otherwise the premise is quite frankly different. That could be enough reason for council to reject the idea (or maybe not). If the placement of the move in item slot bothers you, there are presumably other places such as nickname or even tera type spot. This would also free strategies such as activating your own Weakness Policy by targeting oneself etc.

As for Trademarked, the potential similarity lies in whether you want to treat item moves as trademarks (abilities), which are exempt from your usual move checks, accuracy checks OR whether you want to treat them as separate moves. I'm for treating them as separate moves, which activate upon clicking a move and definitely would not activate during switch-in.

I think the idea of changing the target of moves that normally target other pokemon to user is a concept worth exploring. There may be better meta ideas out there that utilizes this concept while not tiptoeing on the domain of another already existing OM. (Personally, I feel like you're bound to step into existing territories to make doubles moves viable in singles. There is only so many existing OMs you can have before you start seeing some minor overlaps, but that's just my humble opinion.)

The idea is too similar to Linked.

On the surface, out of the 3 OMs, this probably looks the most similar as I briefly alluded to this in the premise. (Fun fact: the infamous linked Inteleon using Snipe Shot on itself was an inspiration for this meta idea)

But, I do think there are key fundamental differences and maybe a half-solution to make it less linked-like.

In retrospect, "item move is executed before 1st move" seems maybe redundant and one could just update it so that "item move and 1st move are executed on the same turn, when the 1st move is clicked" - (this means if two moves share the same priority, they'll be executed at random order - similar to user and the ally having a speed tie)

Linked has a complex priority mechanics of sharing the lowest priority in the linked sequence. This becomes more relevant and even buggy when both moves are of + priority. This has no relevance in this meta as the item move and the top move keep their separate priorities. So they are not really linked in the same "doubles" manner of you and your ally's move not being linked. They just respect the speed ordering.

You also don't have the problematic links of Protect being paired with a damaging move with 0 priority. You don't have to worry about pairing Super Fang or Trick Room with other things as targeting a non-traditional move to self makes these strategies not too relevant.

There may be subtleties with semi-invulnerable/charging moves that deserve further attention.

Many of the traditional and some of the problematic links in Linked do not work here due to the self targeting premise of the meta, and the moves keep their separate priorities and are not linked in a traditional sense.

Last edited:
Ultimate Relevance
Idea:
Every item constantly has its effect constantly happening,
Example: The Binding Band makes it so when you land a move, it does the remaining 25% of the damage it would have done over 5 turns and locks the opponent in,
Potential bans: Default Nat dex OU bans,
PS: if you need me for any item that seems too hard to try and implement, I am welcome to help!

Ultimate Relevance
Idea:
Every item constantly has its effect constantly happening,
Example: The Binding Band makes it so when you land a move, it does the remaining 25% of the damage it would have done over 5 turns and locks the opponent in,
Potential bans: Default Nat dex OU bans,
PS: if you need me for any item that seems too hard to try and implement, I am welcome to help!

What do you mean by "constantly" or has "its effect" ?

Does leftovers heal you off-screen when you swap out ? I think you need some common theme between items for something like this to work? Binding band is relevant only when you use a trapping move and leftovers is relevant every turn the user is on field.

One such "common theme" is the fling effect of items but that's only for some.

Back