1 Taka

Council Choice:
Eeveeto
2 Fragmented
1 Orangesodapop
Themed Choice:
Éric
2 Eeveeto
1 Naere (this is voltorb-h hard counter)
Hybrid Ability Choice:
Eeveeto
2 glowbrogang
1 Taka

Council Choice:
3 Orangesodapop
2 Eeveeto
1 zxgzxg

Themed Choice:
3 Naere
2 Fragmented
1 Gekokeso

Hybrid Ability Choice:
3 Samtendo09
2 Rasdanation
1 Taka

Council
3 zxgzxg
2 eeveeto
1 Orangesodapop

Theme
3 Naere
2 Eeveeto
1 fragmented

Hybrid Abillity
3 Rasdanation
2 Anaconja
1 Fragmented

1 hour left to vote

uh I forgor to vote earlier, lets see

Council
3 Fragmented
2 Eeveeto
1 zxgzxg
Theme
3 Gekokeso
2 OSP
1 anaconja
Hybrid Ability
3 zxgzxg
2 Rasdanation (sv)
1 anaconja

The winners of slate 1 :

Council : zxgzxg
:ss/dreepy:
Name: Dreepy
Type:
Stat Changes: 41 / 60 / 40 / 42 / 40 / 82 (+13 HP, +10 Def, +2 Sp.Atk, +10 Sp.Def)
New Moves: Dragon Claw, Hex, Psychic Fangs, U-turn, Will-O-Wisp
Justification: Somehow the only sub to give back Will-O-Wisp? Basically just mini support Pult.

Themed: Naere
Name: Tepig:tepig:
Type: Fire/Ground
Stat Changes: +5 Def, +5 Sp. Def, -10 Sp. Atk
Abilities: Blaze, Sap Sipper
Custom Ability: N/A
New Moves: Earthquake, High Horsepower, Slack Off, Stealth Rock
Custom Move: N/A
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: Tepig isn't useful as is, weak to rocks and offering little offensive utility that isn't offered by other stronger and/or faster pokemon, so giving it a stronger typing with an ability that helps it deal with important pokemon like Foongus and Voltorb-Hisui alongside useful utility moves should give it a little more to work with in its ability to deal with the metagame. The base stat changes don't change a stat before EVs but after EVs should grant Tepig an extra point or so in a stat of choice by saving EVs on defence and special defence investment.

Hybrid: anaconja
:ss/meowth-galar:
Name: Meowth-Galar
Type: Steel
Stat Changes: +10 HP, +10 Def
Abilities: Tough Claws / Spiked Fur
Custom Ability: Spiked Fur - If this Pokemon is damaged by a move with less than 60 BP, the attacker loses 1/8 max HP. (Technician + Iron Barbs)
New Moves: Slack Off
Justification: puts the clamp on shellder by making it lose half its hp when it clicks its multihit moves; otherwise a generic steel def pivot

Discussion phase is today if you want to give any feedback now is the perfect time!
Slate 2 will be up 27th august

Last edited:
:dreepy: this seems ass to deal with, I think wisp is going to be very oppressive here tbh, no real mons that can stop it that easily. Ponyta is a decent answer but nothing more. Not a horrible winner but wisp hex def seems a bit strong

:tepig: this mon absolutely cuts the viability of any grass type, and has a very favorable roll to not get one shot by orb dig eq, which generally won’t matter if you play good. The main problem is this mon can switch into any viable grass and stone wall it, with a difficult to switch into type. Sick to my bones.

:meowth-galar: pretty neat, definitely a bit of a nasty punish to multi hit move use, which is incredibly common in lc. This has the potential to be very oppressive but as far as I can see it should be ok for now

:dreepy: this seems ass to deal with, I think wisp is going to be very oppressive here tbh, no real mons that can stop it that easily. Ponyta is a decent answer but nothing more. Not a horrible winner but wisp hex def seems a bit strong
i think dreepy will be for sure one of the best pokemon and will be hard to deal with but with the addition of tepig and swablu I think there are ways to play around it. For this pokemon in my opinion its the best to see some playtesting with it and look how it turns out. If its problem we can always look at option to nerf for example remove the bulk it gained. (ponyta is not in this mod)

this mon absolutely cuts the viability of any grass type, and has a very favorable roll to not get one shot by orb dig eq, which generally won’t matter if you play good. The main problem is this mon can switch into any viable grass and stone wall it, with a difficult to switch into type. Sick to my bones.
The common grass types in sv lc currently are toedscool that can just earthpower it, Voltorb that can opt to use ground terablast to beat it. foongus yea this pokemon will have a hard time agaisnt tepig and might lose his viability because of it :( and the new addition of this mod Sprigatito that can make use of its protean to beat it.

Meowth Galar was already a decent Mon with Scarf Tough Claws. Provided the Steel resists were low on health, it often was 1 flinch away from winning the game when I used it and even in the games it didn,t win, scarf + U-Turn is always a good combo. With the new ability + Slack Off, the Mon is now more versatile and uses the decent bulk well. Out of the 3 winners is the one I like most (despite preventing Eevee from being op :eeveehide: ).

Tepig is also cool, though its to be expected that Grass Mons sometimes will run Tera Blast Water for it and Numel.

One suggestion for the spreadshit, I think it would be cool if the Stats that have been changed had different color, green for the increased ones and red for the lowered ones.
Also, maybe change the name of the "Hazard Absorb" ability. Right now the name suggests the ability removes hazards, but it only makes Slugma immune to them. Can,t think of the right name, but pretty sure someone can come up with it.

Slate 2: Wings of Beginnings

Hello! Welcome to the second slate of Little Colosseum. With our starter Pokémon chosen, it's time to begin our journey by encountering the first birds on the first route.

For the Theme Choice , we've chosen the Route 1 birds. The options include :Fletchling:, :Hoothoot:, :Pikipek:,:Starly: and :Rookidee:. In older generations of Little Cup, Bird Spam archetype was a popular strategy, where the goal was to overwhelm your opponent with birds. Unfortunately, this archetype has declined in usage with the introduction of Dexit, but we're hoping to revive it and bring it back to its former glory!

For the Council's Choice, we've chosen Toxel. Unfortunately, Toxel has never seen serious usage in Little Cup due to its limited movepool, mediocre abilities, and poor stats. We're excited to give Toxel a chance to shine.

(TLDR)
Council Choice : Toxel
Themed Choice: Fletchling, Hoothoot, Rookidee, Pikipek or Starly
Hybrid Ability Choice : Any, this Pokémon can have 2 abilities at the same time active.

Submission Deadline is 3 September 23:59PM GMT+2

:Rookidee:
Choice: jtb ref
Name: Rookidee
Type: Flying
Stat Changes
: 48(38)/57(47)/35/33/35/57 (265)
Abilities: Magic Guard / Pressure | Big Pecks
New Moves: Spikes
Removed Moves:
Justification: make the bird not ass

:toxel:
Choice: Clowncil
Name: Toxel
Type: Electric/Poison
Stat Changes: 40/38/35/54/35/40
Abilities: Rattled / Punk Rock | Static
New Moves: Shift Gear, Boomburst, Overdrive, Drain Punch, Gunk Shot
Removed Moves:
Justification: mini toxitricity

:Varoom:
Choice: hybrid
Name: Varoom
Type: Steel/Fire
Stat Changes
: 45/55/70/30/63/47 (310)
Abilities: Return Fire (Flash Fire + Slow Start) | Overcoat
Flash Fire but it boosts attack and speed instead of fire damage
New Moves: Overheat, Fire Lash, Blazing Torque, Rapid Spin
Removed Moves:
Justification: really don’t like what I’ve seen from swablu gameplay. This adds a nasty wisp punish as both swablu and eepy spam the move unpunished. Can run haze, spin amd tspikes as a support but has a general lack of recovery

Last edited:
:sv/jangmo-o:
Choice: Hybrid Ability
Name: Jangmo-o
Type:
Dragon.png

Stat Changes: +5 Def, -5 SpA
Abilities: Bulletproof / Soundproof / Magic Scale [HA]
Hybrid Ability: Magic Scale - Combined Effects of Magic Guard + Multiscale
New Moves: None
Removed Moves: None
Justification: Multiscale DDancer. Ability plays Magic Guard’s hazard passive damage protection to ensure this guy can get in and ensure the first attack directed its way gets half damage. Slightly altered the BST so that this guy can now make full use of EV investments (before Jangmo-o had 36 EVs that could never be meaningfully distributed)

Last edited:
Choice: Council
Name: Toxel :toxel:
Stats: 40/38/35/64/50/40 (+10 SpA, +15 SpD)
Abilities: Rattle/Static/Motor Drive
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Boomburst, Sludge Bomb, Volt Switch, Psychic Noise, Shift Gear
Removed Moves: -
Justification: Punishes Voltorb a bit harder

Choice: Theme
Name: Pikipek :pikipek:
Stats: 45/75/30/50/30/75 (+10 HP, +20 SpA, +10 Spe)
Abilities: Keen Eye/Skill Link/Pick Up
New Moves: Overheat
Justification: Some bulk and more SpA to function as a mixed attack, chunking switch-ins like Pawniard and Meowth-G with Overheat. Also outspeeds Mienfoo now.

Choice: Hybrid
Name: Shroodle :shroodle:
Stats: 40/65/35/40/35/75
Abilities: Unburden/Pickpocket/Assassinize
Custom Ability: Increases priority of status moves and moves that can inflict poison by +1.
New Moves: Barb Barrage
Justification: Situational revenge killer :nerd:

Last edited:
Choice: Council choice
Name: Toxel :toxel:
Type: Electric-Poison
Stat Changes: +35 Defense, +35 Special Defense
Abilities: Rattled/Static/Good Conductor
Custom Ability: Good Conductor: This Pokemon's Electric moves will be able to damage Ground type Pokemon.
New Moves: Slack Off, Volt Switch, Sludge, Acid Spray, Poison Fang, Shock Wave, Spark, Thunder Shock.
Custom Move: No
Removed Moves: No
Justification:

We finally have a Pokemon that can replicate Ash's Pikachu success at damaging Ground Mons with Electric moves. This means that Toxel can paralyze almost every Pokemon (Limber ones and ones with abilities that make them immune to Electric moves being the exception) with Nuzzle. Of course, it still has trash Stats so it won,t be able to do actual damage, just paralyze things and pivot out with Volt Switch. However, I did increase its bulk a lot and gave it Slack Off, so that Toxel can stick around longer. This Pokemon is supposed to be very weak by its lore, so no Thunderbolt and no Sludge Bomb, just a bunch of weak Electric and Poison moves. The whole idea is to paralyze and pivot, while checking threats like Mienfoo with the Poison typing.

Name: Pikipek :pikipek:
Type: Normal-Flying
Stat Changes: +8 Speed, +8 Attack
Abilities: Keen Eye, Skill Link, Pickup
Custom Ability: No.
New Moves: No.
Removed Moves :No
Justification:

Barely any changes are neeed to make Pikipek good. I already used this Mon a lot in Gen 7 and it was a very competent Scarfer. Its problem was being pretty much restricted to that role due to the cursed 17 Speed Tier. So, now Pikipek has 18 Speed and one point more in Attack too. This will allow the bird to use its incredible (just look at it, it has everything it could dream of) offensive movepool to the fullest. Eviolite sets with Roost or without are now viable. Sword Dance + Flame Charge is now viable. Life Orb + 4 Attacks is now viable. Outspeeding Mienfoo, Drillbur, Toedscool, Zorua, etc. instead of Speedtying them can change the viability of a Mon a lot.

Name: Bellsprout :bellsprout:
Type: Grass-Poison
Stat Changes: No.
Abilities: Sun Blessing, Gluttony.
Custom Ability: Sun Blessing: Chlorophyll + Dazzling
New Moves: No
Justification:

Sun Pokemon that is completely immune to priority, meaning that if it gets to Boost with Growth, the only way to stop it will be with a fast scarfer or by stalling out Sun turns. It can also forget Growth and just attack with LO, having very good power even unboosted.

Last edited:
:fletchling:
Name: Fletchling
Type: Fire / Flying
Stat Changes: 45/50/55(+12)/40/38/52(-10) (290)
Abilities: Big Pecks / Gale Wings
Gale Wings: if the user is above 25% health, its flying type attacks receive priority.
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast,
Removed Moves: Brave Bird
Justification: We are bringing back Gen 6 Gale Wings (well, sort of). Priority Acrobatics is nothing to scuff at, but given our selection of mons it should not be too much of an issue, especially with how reliant it is on rocks in a knock off infested meta. Fire Flying typing may suck on the hazard side, but being able to switch into Tepig or tank a high jump kick from big man mienfoo is nothing to scuff at. The removal of brave bird means fletch has to compromise between boots for hazard damage removal, eviolite for bulk, or itemless for strong acros.

:spoink:
Name: Spoink
Type: Psychic / Rock
Stat Changes: 60/25/35/70/75(-5)/70(+10) (335)
Abilities: Magic Resistance / Own Tempo / Gluttony
Magic Resistance: Effects of Magician + Thick Fat.
New Moves: Ancient Power, Meteor Beam.
Removed Moves:
Justification: In a meta where Vullaby bullies psychic types out of viability, while mienfoo bullies rock types, Spoink stands out to fight against both. Psychic Rock is an especially effective type combination in this meta due to the lack of sturdy steel types, which makes Spoink into a deadly late game sweeper. With a generous donation into its speed stat, Spoink speedties mienfoo, while its ability magic resistance not only grants it switch in opportunities into fire and ice type attacks, but also steals important items such as eviolite or boots after using meteor beam, turning spoink into a powerful wallbreaker that dismantles common defensive cores. Low physical bulk and the presence of Voltorb should make this mon decently easy to revenge kill, even if overall it can hit extremely hard.

Last edited:
:ss/toxel:
Choice: Council
Name: Toxel
Type: Electric / Poison
Stat Changes: 60/48/55/64/55/40 | 322
Abilities: Rattled / Static / Pickpocket
New Moves: Spark, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Volt Switch, Poison Jab, Acid Spray, Clear Smog, Sludge Bomb, Slack Off
Justification: typing lets it naturally beat stuff like mienfoo, voltorb, vullaby kinda, etc so i leaned into taking knocks by giving it pickpocket to steal eviolites right afterward

:ss/smoochum:
Name: Smoochum
Type: Ice / Psychic
Stat Changes: 45 / 30 / 15 / 85 / 65 / 75 | 315
Abilities: Oblivious / Forewarn / Realtime (This Pokemon ignores priority boosts when taking or dealing damage.)
New Moves: Tera Blast
Justification: basically you set all prio to 0 for attacks, letting you outspeed stuff like pawniard, stunky, grookey, etc and killing them before they can move. obv ur still super frail and die to basically any physical attack though

Last edited:
:ss/hoothoot:
Name: Hoothoot
Type: Normal / Flying
Stat Changes 60/30/35/60/56/63
Abilities: Insomnia/ Compound Eye / (HA) Tinted lens
New Moves: Nightmare, Psychic Noise
Removed Moves: Extrasensory, Psychic
Justification: Hoothoot already has a strong movepool, but it has always lacked the stats to fully makes use of it. I've buffed it to make it a more effective sleep abuser, giving it a more accurate Sing and Hurricane with Compound Eyes. To balance this, I've removed its two strongest Psychic moves, forcing it to rely on Hypnosis and Dream Eater for taking down threats like Glimmet.

Choice: bird
Name: Pikipek
Type: Normal/Flying
Stat Changes: 35/75/30/33/30/62 (+3 SpA, -3 Spe)
Abilities: Keen Eye / Skill Link / Punk Rock
New Moves
: Rock Blast, Beak Blast, Beak Cannon (Custom Move)
Custom Move: Beak Cannon - Flying, physical, 20 BP, 100% accu, 30 PP (max 48)
Hits two to five times. Has a 35% chance to hit two or three times and a 15% chance to hit four or five times. If one of the hits breaks the target's substitute, it will take damage for the remaining hits. If the user has the Skill Link Ability, this move will always hit five times.
Justification: With the extra 3 spa stat, pikipek can reach 13 spa, punk rock + boomburst allows it to do decent damage on the special side. I also give it the signature move of its line Beak Blast, and I add rock blast together with a custom move which is a slightly nerfed flying type bullet seed to match its Skill Link. The bird can still reach 17 spe rn with Jolly or Timid, but I think it shouldn't be that broken with new ghost types we introduced, and if it ended up being broken, we can nerf it to 16 spe max easily. Nerfed to 16 spe max.

Last edited:
Name: Bellsprout :bellsprout:
Type: Grass-Poison
Stat Changes: No.
Abilities: Sun Blessing, Gluttony.
Custom Ability: Sun Blessing: Chlorophyll + Solar Power
New Moves: No
Justification:

Nuclear bomb that outspeeds everything in Sun. Its limited by the fact that Drought is not available, weakness to priority moves and the Solar Power part of the ability killing it.
We unfortunately have to veto this. Its power is simply too much, being able to OHKO defensive staples such as Mareanie or Foongus while not being weak to Stealth Rock and having the natural bulk to survive a Sucker Punch from a Life Orb stubnky for example we believe its to much. It forces players to rely on Stunky, Gastly or tera just to have a chance against it, which is too restrictive for the metagame. Altough this kills the concept of the pokemon i reccomend giving it a different ability that make use of sun.

i forgot to check all submits so voting will be delayed 1 day or till eeveeto fix the submission.

We unfortunately have to veto this. Its power is simply too much, being able to OHKO defensive staples such as Mareanie or Foongus while not being weak to Stealth Rock and having the natural bulk to survive a Sucker Punch from a Life Orb stubnky for example we believe its to much. It forces players to rely on Stunky, Gastly or tera just to have a chance against it, which is too restrictive for the metagame. Altough this kills the concept of the pokemon i reccomend giving it a different ability that make use of sun.

i forgot to check all submits so voting will be delayed 1 day or till eeveeto fix the submission.

Fixed, hopefully its more balanced now.

Back