League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Not sure I want to first-day purchase Volibear, he doesn't seem nearly as awesome as I imagined nor as fun as Fizz. :( He still looks cool, though.

Tanky deeps? Tanky deeps. Volibear doesn't have the AP ratios Fizz does to encourage any significant AP building (Rylai's >= Mallet, maybe Gunblade/Triforce) and his W and presumably passive encourage stacking Health. Wit's End, Atmog's, yawn.

hexdrinker sounds good on him,basically negates any type of bursty ap thats tries to kill through passive. there i said something constructive will some1 play with me now?

Volibear looks super tanky from what I saw, his passive is like Blitzcrank's, but without the need to worry about your mana usage.

Cool, Mundo ult as a passive. As if we needed another reason to forget Mundo exists.
His passive is Mundo's ult/an imo better version of Anivia's passive. His Q is a way better Fling. His W is like Jax's ult's passive and will allow him to build super tanky and jungle. Just when they nerf red buff his E is an AoE slow that fears minions for some reason. And his R is like Kayle's E. Such a focused kit. Will be an awesome tanky dps or tank. Is there any benefit to his E fearing minions aside from flavor? I guess it might help keep them out of the way when you try to gank? I feel like they initially had it as an AoE slow/fear and nerfed it because that would have been insane. He's gonna be a beast ganker with Fling + as and ms steroids + AoE slow.

Non-volibear post: GP looks so good now. I love him as a champ, he's probably my main attack damage-based champ, but I always thought he looked stupid. Now he looks like a badass pirate, and not some stupid cartoony shit

also breaking news Sivir still sucks

I can't tell if that's shittalking teemo or not...but yeah, nerfing her ult and her ricochet and her base ad=best idea ever
Ult affects minions now (so I hear), it constantly rebuffs, she has a higher AD ratio on Boomerang Blade, not too sure about the Ricochet changes though.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just to buff some things then nerf some others, it was beyond out of touch. They could have buffed everything without fear, especially when she still has only 500 range. Worst part about Ricochet change is 40 mana cost.

Point is though, in theory, I don't think there will be a Sivir tier anymore. She's still not good.

Just to buff some things then nerf some others, it was beyond out of touch. They could have buffed everything without fear, especially when she still has only 500 range. Worst part about Ricochet change is 40 mana cost.

Point is though, in theory, I don't think there will be a Sivir tier anymore. She's still not good.
You touched on my main problem with this change. I thought they realized how absolute trash she was. I think they are actually under the impression that she was just a "niche" pick, and not fitting the common situations one faces on Summoner's Rift. What they fail to see is that she was just straight-up shit. Wishy-washy buffs and nerfs is going to do shitall for her, and I feel Riot has outright failed in implementing what was a long-awaited change. The only bright side is that her Q no longer is magic, which was fucktarded to begin with, and is not a commendable change.

I like theorycrafting. Here's a Volibear guide.

SUMMONERS
OR

EXHAUST/FLASH WILL GET YOU MORE KILLS. IGNITE/FLASH WILL GET YOU MORE KILLS. PLEASE CHOOSE APPROPRIATELY. HEAL OR GHOST CAN ALSO WORK

START
OR

I REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TELL YOU WHY THIS IS GOOD

CORE

YES, WARMOGS. YOUR BEST SPELL SCALES OFF OF YOUR BONUS HP, MEANING WARMOGS WILL GIVE YOU 184 BONUS DAMAGE ON FRENZY WHEN YOU FIRST BUY IT AND 274 BONUS DAMAGE WHEN FULLY FARMED. THIS IS A PRETTY BIG DEAL.

DAMAGE

THIS GIVES FRENZY EVEN MORE DAMAGE AND ADDS A SLOW TO SOME OF YOUR ABILITIES. AMAZING

TANKINESS

SHURELYA'S ISN'T REALLY A TANK ITEM BUT WHAT THE HEY.

AS YOU CAN SEE THE IDEA IS TO GET YOUR CDR TO 40% SO YOU CAN USE YOUR CC AND FRENZY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WHILE STILL BEING ABLE TO TAKE A LOT OF PUNISHMENT (YOUR PASSIVE AND WARMOG'S/FORCE OF NATURE HEALTH REGEN HELPS OUT QUITE A BIT). YOU CAN ALSO CONSIDER ANOTHER WARMOG'S OVER RYLAI'S IF YOU NEVER WANT TO DIE, EVER

RUNES
I HAVE NO IDEA

MASTERIES

9/21/0. IF YOU THINK YOU'LL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR BLUE ELIXERS GO DOWN THE ATTACK SPEED/ARMOR PEN PATH

Rylai's only works on his ult and Majestic Alreadyhasslow. You would probably rather have the slow on your q, as a fling+slow is pretty nifty and his ult is a tad too long cd to use as your only real ability to benefit from an item

btw the fear minions part of his E is probably for jungling...

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Build for Volibear:

Youmuu's
Merc Treads
Warmog's
Atma's
Spirit Visage
Filler

Summoner's: Who cares? Pick what you want. Flash, Ghost and all that jazz are still good spells. I jungle him, and I like to grab heal along with smite since I'm playing a champ I like to call BearFaggots. Cleanse is also cool too, if you're laning, since everyone and their mother is still in love with Flash/Ignite or Flash/Exhaust.

Here's a hint: His ult with a Youmuu's does 700 more bonus damage over the duration, as opposed to a Rylai's. That's not even getting into the difference between the AD and the added steroid of the Attack Speed compared to the only base stats the Rylai's uses. If you're building AP on him, you're getting blinded by the Spotlight.

CDR on equipment doesn't stack, you'll get 20% CDR from buying shurelia's and frozen heart
Can tell if troll..or just doesn't know the game...

But yeah, Atmog's, Mercs, and SV are all really good on him, especially if oyu take summoner heal for the uber bait, which SV helps a lot wih. I generally don't like building Yomuu's on anyone because after the clock hits a certain time that item becomes a Renekton, useless lategame.

Hi, sup guys, a level 27 newbie here. Just wondering, what's it like when you start playing your placement games in ranked? (Compared to normals?) Is the standard of play generally a lot higher or what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)