Dancing Venomoth

I was in a nostalgic mood and was thinking about the first Pokémon I trained to level 100 back in the day when I was a little squirt. So why not try to build a team around it. A Dancing Venomoth team. I'd like some constructive reviews about this team and what you think that should be better.

49.png

Venomoth Focus sash
Ability: Wonder Skin
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed/6Def
Timid Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Bug Buzz
-Baton Pass

So the whole purpose of Venomoth is to setup and Baton pass. I usualy lead with Venomoth if I don't see any threats that could carry a priority move or a Skill Linker. I start of with a Quiver Dance so that I'm already boosted, if the opponent would take his first move to set up some hazards or just a low damaging deal move I would go for a Sleep Powder on the 2nd move and continue to setup. Eventualy I would Baton Pass into my Latias. Bug Buzz for STAB and gets through a potential Substitute so that's always good. Wonder Skin decreases the accuracy of non-damaging moves to 50, Making it somewhat harder to T-Wave or Taunt it.

250px-380Latias.png

Latias Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 100 SpA/ 80 SpD/ 78 Def
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Reflect Type

Quiver Dance boosted Reflect Type Latias is so much fun to play with. Psyshock for Physical damage and Surf for Special. It's good to have a Water type against me that wants to Ice Beam for example Greninja, I'll just Reflect type so that it becomes not very effective + I can do STAB Surf untill I see an other threat to use Reflect Type on. Recover to regenerate when needed, most of the time right after the Baton Pass.

images

Rotom-H @Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD / 6 Def
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Overheat

Rotom-H as my Fire type and support. I don't like Rotom-W, U see them in 50% of the teams and it's just not very original imo. The typing is good altho a Mold Breaker with EQ is the biggest threat. I run the basic Resto Chesto set and Volt Switch when there a Water threat into Vaporeon to get some free HP back with Water Absorb. Will-O-Wisp to cripple some Physical attackers and Overheat as STAB to get rid of Steel types.

250px-134Vaporeon.png

Vaporeon Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD / 6 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Protect

Special defensive wall and team support. Curing unwanted statuses with Heal Bell, it can work against me considering that I have a Poison Heal Gliscor. Wish + Protect combo to regenerate back or just Wish to get some health back on team members. Scald for STAB + to burn others. Great way to get rid of a Rotom-W, just burn it play with protect and switch into Gliscor on the predictable Volt Switch tot stall the burn. Switch back into Vaporeon to get HP back on the Hydro Pump with Water Absorb, it's risky but it's all about predicting. It works out for me anyways.

250px-472Gliscor.png

Gliscor Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 6 Speed
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

This set speaks for itself, Taunt to deny a setup, hazards status moves etc.. Knock Off to get rid of some annoying leftovers and such. Protect to get some HP back for Poison Heal or just to scout a bit when I'm not sure what to predict. And Earthquake as STAB. Good to deal with Mold Breaker Excadrill, which can take care of Latias and Rotom-H. Most Threats with Ice Beam won't be around anymore considering that they've tried against Latias. If there would still be an Ice threat I'll just switch into Vaporeon or Rotom-H.

1381856980480.png

Skarmory Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Speed
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is in here to get rid of Hazards and set up some rocks. If I wouldn't lead with Venomoth I at least want it unharmed for when I see a chance to use it and with rocks on my side, the Focus Sash would become useless. Skarmory is just a great wall to have, Brave Bird to get rid of some Fighting types, Roost to regenerate and some Entry Hazard removal + setup. Seems good to me.

Last edited:
Venomoth's hardly a threat in uu, the only reason it gets any use is most people arent ready to counter a baton pass team at a given time.

Venomoth's hardly a threat in uu, the only reason it gets any use is most people arent ready to counter a baton pass team at a given time.
I never really play in a set tier, they can use whatever they want against me. I guess because you hardly see a Venomoth in competitive battles that people don't really know what to expect from it, what gives you the advantage.

Last edited:
Back