Clash of the "Ubers" [Latios Warstory + Discussion]

Supposedly it's been overshooting calculations by a bit lately, so it's not all that accurate right now.

At the moment, the only calculation of Lord Alchemy I found off the top of my head that was wrong was Tyranitar (I haven't checked any other of his calculations, I only checked Tyranitar's because his calculations definitely looked wrong)

252 HP Tyranitar IN SANDSTREAM takes 85.40% - 100.50% from surf from a regular Specs build. Not happening.

Apparently, Metalkid's Calculator is a bit off when calculating the Sandstorm +SpDef to Rock types effect. Instead of checking off Sandstorm, leave Sandstorm's thing unchecked, and instead, give Tyranitar a +1 SpDef Stage since it's essentially the same thing.

With that being said, a 252 HP Tyranitar takes 57.43% - 67.33% from a Modest 252 Special Attack Choice Specs Latios Surf, a definite 2HKO.

While Draco Meteor does 62.87% - 74.01% (254 - 299 HP damage) with the first hit and 31.93% - 37.62% (129 - 152 HP damage) after the SpAtk drop on the same Tyranitar. If I'm doing these calculations correctly, that leaves a 32.3529% chance at a 2HKO (so a 67.6471% chance of him surviving) if Leftovers are factored in (Latios has to do 429 HP damage, since 252 HP Tyranitar has 404 HP, and Leftovers recovers (404/16=)25 HP).

Cresselia actually loses here. You switch in, I DD. I hit you, you hit me. I hit you, you die. The only thing that would save you is if you crit, get T-wave hax, or this Mix Latios doesn't have Shadow Ball or Dragon Pulse.

This statement also seems kind of off, since it doesn't look like you're factoring in Leftovers recovery. With Leftovers Recovery, a lot of the time, Cresselia does seem to stand a chance at surviving and 2HKO.

Apparently, Metalkid's Calculator is a bit off when calculating the Sandstorm +SpDef to Rock types effect. Instead of checking off Sandstorm, leave Sandstorm's thing unchecked, and instead, give Tyranitar a +1 SpDef Stage since it's essentially the same thing.

This explains it, as thats exactly what I did, just turn on Sandstream. This is good to know next time I work on a sandstream team. As for the DD calc, I've done it twice so I think I would be correct on that. Unless it overshot twice.

This statement also seems kind of off, since it doesn't look like you're factoring in Leftovers recovery. With Leftovers Recovery, a lot of the time, Cresselia does seem to stand a chance at surviving and 2HKO.

It is possible, but Shadow Ball -> Draco Meteor gives you a fairly good possibility of 2HKOing Cresselia. I'm not much of a fan of using counters that can possibly lose depending on a dice roll. I'm sure there would be a new Cress standard built to counter Latios more effectively, but it would be interesting to see how Cress deals with the attack/defense trade off because you could potentially give Latios too much time to set up, because even with Modest and 224 SpAtt EVs it can only 2HKO Latios if it uses a Life Orb.

I enjoyed the battle. However, it needed more story.

I also read somewhere in this thread that Lati@S could be a potential Infernape counter, that's definatly true. Using 240 EVs or 252 EVs in speed, outspeeding Infernape, and with some HP invested into its set, it could use Recover to come in freely like Starmie, and not worry about Grass Knot.

Back