Chaining Research Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm finally ready to let this begin after doing more testing of my own. Please just test the formations, no speculating or hypothesizing for now. If you have ideas feel free to express them, but they had better be good and worth everyone's time. Also, reread the instructions before beginning. Thanks, guys!

Still looking for more people btw!!!

Sure, I'd love to help. Can I just get a shorter explanation? I mean, it's just finding out what patch formations work best, right?

EDIT: I can also identify the formations with ease now. But, I won't be able to start helping out until I finish up my SBP project, since chaining in a sandstorm makes it hard to identify things.

Oh yea, trying this in the Sandstorm would be a bad idea. Thanks for joining though, I appreciate it! And yea, it's pretty much: test the formations, record your results. Make sure you thoroughly read the directions about taking data though, that's the most important part.

I'll help too as you already know after I get done with my SBP with Aron:)

EDIT: My SBP is finally finished so I'll begin my research now:) I've found a new formation that rarely breaks my chain, only once out of the 20 times I've tested it and that's when there is a direct 4 away and all other patches are not in a line with one another, I think they can be connected as I still entered the 4 away without it breaking my chain, so could this be a new formation that I've discovered?

i recommend recording the result using a web cam or something. Its just a thought, it might make chaining easier or harder. I know i chain in bed often times and using a camera might just be awkward and uncomfortable

grrr, I was chaining scyther and this broke my chain... I don't really get what's wrong with it.

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

all I can remember other than that is that I am CERTAIN that the 4 patch shook the same way as before...
And couldn't you just use a DS emulator and save the image then go into the same shaking patch over and over to see if it's reliable?
Or is the pokemon in the patch predetermined?

In restrospect, whenever sparkly 4 patches broke my chain, there was something visually suspicious about them.
Usually, they seemed a little duller than the others and, especially when combined with other risky factors, I've learned to avoid those like the plague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back