Balanced Hackmons Mentoring Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by based god arcticblast
Balanced Hackmons Mentoring Program

I.Introduction
The BH mentoring program is a new project designed to grow the balanced hackmons player base and teach new players or beginning players how to excel at the tier. Us mentors love the tier but unfortunately the tier has a steep learning curve- it takes experience and knowledge before one will truly be able to call themselves a BH player. Through our desire to spread BH we have launched this program to help teach new players the ropes. If you are a new BH player or just a player looking to improve this is the place for you.

II.Mentoring Program
The mentoring program is quite simple: a mentee is assigned a mentor which they work with for 2 weeks. The signup form is designed so mentees get matched up with the mentor most suitable for them. In between the two week periods a few days will be allowed for signups. Mentors and Mentees can meet on PS! and IRC to discuss the tier. By the end of the process mentees should be able to make solid teams on their own and know how to use them properly.

III.Mentors
*NOTE*
The amount of posts/time on Smogon is completely irrelevant to a battler's skill, do not disregard anybody here based on low post count, it's the battles that count. Some people with lower post counts here are actually the best players the tier has to offer.

Asterat

Adrian Marin

E4 Flint

Keep It Playful

Kumiromi (TheCommadore)

Minor Mentors:
Minor Mentors are new mentors that are here to help newer players out. After a player has completed work with a minor mentor (or has a significant amount of experience) they will be eligible to work with a main mentor. Our current minor mentors are:

TheBurgerKing99

Uselesscrab

United States

Hey! Can I be a Mentor? If you have any interest in becoming a mentor and believe you are good enough the process is simple. All of the current mentors hang out on the othermetas room of the main server on pokemonshowdown. Simply go there and PM some of them, challenge them to some battles. After all of the mentors have judged you we will decide whether or not you will be allowed in. (If we already know you and you want to be in, do the same and the processes may be waived.)

IV. Sample Signups

Code:
Smogon Username:
PS Username:
Preferred Playstyle:
Experience:
Timezone (GMT):

Last edited:
So first as some people have noted this is pretty informal and anybody can get advice/teams etc. if they want, but we're going to stick with pairings anyways. I just did this based on timezones and playstyles, so it's open to switch around if people want.

Asterat: perplexingpool

Adrian Marin: Shaymin :D
(they already started working together last night and Adrian's timezone doesn't really match up to his activity)

E4 Flint: dbzmariogeno

Keep it Playful: Leafshield

Kumiromi: AWailofATail

So just show up in othermetas room of PS and you will find us there. You can PM us on Smogon and set up appointments and such but just hopping on othermetas is a lot easier.

And we'll have a mini-tournament, I'm thinking everybody plays everybody else (mentees only) and whoever wins the most wins. If there are ties then the tied players can round robin if three or just do a match if 2.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
So first as some people have noted this is pretty informal and anybody can get advice/teams etc. if they want, but we're going to stick with pairings anyways. I just did this based on timezones and playstyles, so it's open to switch around if people want.

Asterat: perplexingpool

Adrian Marin: Shaymin :D
(they already started working together last night and Adrian's timezone doesn't really match up to his activity)

E4 Flint: dbzmariogeno

Keep it Playful: Leafshield

So just show up in othermetas room of PS and you will find us there. You can PM us on Smogon and set up appointments and such but just hopping on othermetas is a lot easier.

And we'll have a mini-tournament, I'm thinking everybody plays everybody else (mentees only) and whoever wins the most wins. If there are ties then the tied players can round robin if three or just do a match if 2.
I think we should set up a term for each mentoring session, say 2 or 3 weeks, and hold a mini tour for the mentees before and after each session. That'd be interesting.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Smogon Username: Kit Kasai
PS Username: Kit Kasai
Preferred Playstyle: Offense
Timezone (GMT): GMT -8

Aw, to heck with it. I need to try to reach top 10 :P

Edit: btw put mentee/mentor matchups in op?

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Smogon Username: The Reptile
PS Username: DreMZ
Preferred Playstyle: Bulky Offense/Balance
Timezone (GMT): GMT -8

Asterat: The Reptile

Adrian Marin: Excellent Name

E4 Flint: Ranger Mike

Keep it Playful: Kit Kasai

Round 2, tourney coming soon.

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Smogon username: Mowtom
PS username: Mowtom
Playing Style: Balance/Hyper Offense
Timezone: GMT -5

Smogon username: pKreate
PS username: pKreate, but I've been using various alts to battle since the beginning of Gen 6, so no battles on this account yet.
Playing Style: Stall
Timezone: GMT: -6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)