Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i used an AR to get 999 of every ball, does anyone know if that will come up in the hack check? I deleted all the unobtainable balls and i'm going to get rid of the others before the tourney so what happened to GEC doesn't happen.

I'd suggest using a game that has been wiped clean, since it's hard to tell what will happen. It may pull a red flag, it may not.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you won an invite to Nats, will you possibly not play? I saw that on my invite it said sign-ups at 8:30 for the Pre-Lim rounds on that Saturday.

No, if you have an invite and you are there (on time, I'm assuming), you play. I guess what they mean by sign-ups is registering, like making sure you are there and confirming you are battling.

I have a completely legit pokemon (a Palkia), except that it was edited to change the nickname. Does anyone know if this will show up or should I go find another Palkia?

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I am highly doubtful that changing a nickname would make it show up as hacked. However, if you really want to err on the side of safety, I suppose you could try getting another one...

I have a completely legit pokemon (a Palkia), except that it was edited to change the nickname. Does anyone know if this will show up or should I go find another Palkia?
nothing wrong with that its just like going to the name rater and changing the nickname

Is there anyone willing to let me borrow a typical scarf'd ogre for VGC? Or know where I can do a favor for one?

(Yes, be scared, I am running a scarf'd ogre!)

Does this work

Ludicolo Fakes Out Slaking

Alakazam uses Skill Swap on Slaking and Slaking gets Inner Focus

Slaking doesn't Flinch and uses his move
I would like a 100% sure answer on this question.

My guess is that it won't work but i'm just hoping

I would like a 100% sure answer on this question.

My guess is that it won't work but i'm just hoping
Slaking would flinch and be unable to attack. He received the trait Inner Focus after he was hit by fake out, thus meaning that he would be marked as flinching before he receives the trait. Inner Focus only means that the pokemon does not suffer the effects of flinching if they are hit by a move that would cause flinching while they have the trait Inner Focus, it does not prevent them from receiving the "x flinched" message altogether.

nothing wrong with that its just like going to the name rater and changing the nickname
I don't think he's referring to an in game Palkia. I think he got one in a trade from someone maybe even himself, and used a hacking method to change it.

i used an AR to get 999 of every ball, does anyone know if that will come up in the hack check? I deleted all the unobtainable balls and i'm going to get rid of the others before the tourney so what happened to GEC doesn't happen.
Well, all they really do is check your Pokemon. If you wanna be safe, then use a clean cart.

JRank

Jonny
This is kinda off-topic, but ties into the VGC. So I'm at Dallas, and I download my shiny Eevee. Once I get home, I pick it up in the Pokemart and then try to fly to Kanto. That entire side of the map is GONE!! I have to start at Mt. Silver if I want to go to Kanto!! Has anyone else had this problem?

You can't fly directly to Kanto anyway. You always have to fly to Indigo Plateau or Victory Road and then fly to wherever you want to go from there.

JRank

Jonny
Well, yes, I know, but even when I use the pokegear Kanto is not on the map. I can't even fly to the pokemon league!

Depends. With Swift Swim and Speed EVs, I think Ludi still outruns other Fake Out users with or without Timid. Depends on what you are using Ludi for. If it's going to be stalling or a pain in the ass, I'd put it with Timid to be a bit faster. If it's going to be dealing damage, go for Modest.

Who does Bulky Giratina with Max Ivs fear running (non ice poke ice attk is not an issue)
jolly 102 hp/248 atk/160 Spe
Haban Berry
Shadow Force
Will-o-Wisp
Dragon Claw
Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)