Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, no. Slow Start stills stays. I lol'd at your answer though.

On a related note, anyone have something w/ Ice Punch I can borrow for like 3 minutes?

EDIT: Mold Breaker ignores traits, i.e, Levitate doesn't work against someone with Mold Breaker.

Mold breaker ignores defensive traits. IE, Levitate, Heatproof, Wonderguard, etc don't work, but INtimidate, Technician, Blaze, etc still do.

So I have a Celebi I'm including on my WiFi team, and it's a Calm Mind passer; here are its relevant stats and moveset:

Celebi
@ Leftovers
Bold l l Natural Cure
252 Hp/ 142 Def/ 116 Spd
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Recover/Leech Seed/Substitute
Energy Ball

31 Hp/ 14 Atk/ 10 Def/ 26 SAtk/ 26 SDef/ 18 Spd

However, should I adjust the EVs to accomodate the IVs? Additionally, since I have TWO Wishpassers on the team, should I instead opt for Leech Seed or Substitute to pass with Calm Mind?

^This will inevitably be buried and not answered unless I put it out again. Thanks for your help guys.

^ IMO, you don't need Leech Seed, as you already are carrying Leftovers, and your subs'll get stronger as you build up CMs, so Substitute will get you farther in the long run. As for EVs....I dunno. Probably, since that Speed will hurt you a lot.

Yeah, the speed kind of sucks, but I don't know any 'magic numbers' I should be hitting with it, especially since I can't afford to lose anymore defense than I already have. And I like the idea of Sub, so thanks.

Both are Super effective on Ghost, and Psychic
Dark / Steel resists both

Normal is immune to Ghost
Fighting resists Dark.

Those are the differences immunity / resistance wise. Crunch, however, has 80 more BP and a 20% Chance to lower defense. Shadow Claw has a high Crit-hit rate. I'd go with crunch for the higher BP, to be honest.

Both are Super effective on Ghost, and Psychic
Dark / Steel resists both

Normal is immune to Ghost
Fighting resists Dark.

Those are the differences immunity / resistance wise. Crunch, however, has 80 more BP and a 20% Chance to lower defense. Shadow Claw has a high Crit-hit rate. I'd go with crunch for the higher BP, to be honest.

And I'm with you on that one though I will be hating the fact that I will have to breed constantly to get a good natured riolu with crunch but hopefully it will be worth it.

EDIT: Mold Breaker ignores traits, i.e, Levitate doesn't work against someone with Mold Breaker.

Ummm... that's a little vague...

Mold Breaker disable traits that either make a pokemon immune from or resistant to certain types of attacks, and does not mean that the user ignores all traits.

breed a female torchic with a male pkmn with reversal, for example growlithe (level up move in D/P, lv. 25), lucario (riolu level up move, lv.19) or vigoroth (lv. up move in RSFRLGE and D/P, level 49)

Still shooting this question out there.

With Zoom Lens, if you go last repetitively, will you still get boosts in Accuracy? Ex. Go last first turn, get a boost; go last second turn, get another boost. Are such a boost (either a single or multiple boosts) Baton Passable?

I'm not so sure because:
OmegaDonut said:
Zoom Lens: If the holder is hit first during a round, the holder's Accuracy goes up one level.

As seen in: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14230

---

Are Metronome boosts Baton Passable as well?

As well as my reversal question, I have another:

What's the % chance of flinching with a flinch move (e.g. Waterfall) with a King's Rock equipped?

Also, a poke with Sniper ability, using a high-crit hit move with the scope lens... what is the % chance of getting a crit. hit.

What is the formula for the chance to catch a pokémon?

Is there a big difference trying to catch anything with 1 HP and like 5 HP?

Do all statuses affect the chance to catch a pokemon the same?

Oof. New question, also, my others as well.

Does Defog remove all Spikes/Stealth Rocks on the field, or the ones your opponent set down?

What's the base power or Reversal at 1HP? And also at 50% HP?

200 BP at 1 HP. Not sure about 50%, maybe 100 BP?

Oof. New question, also, my others as well.

Does Defog remove all Spikes/Stealth Rocks on the field, or the ones your opponent set down?

It only removes the ones YOU have put down. It might be helpful if you use it on your partner in a 2 vs 2 though...

What a better Nature for an Arcanine? Jolly or Adamant? I know it sometimes depends on your team, but jsut in general?

jolly, imo. he needs to be fast to pull anything off

1) does Electivire's Motor Drive make him immune to electric attacks also, or does he take minimal damage first and then get the speed boost?

2) will legit pokemon that know tm's that have been hacked for (hacked but not illegal) be recognized and disqualified in tournaments and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back