Abortion, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
every good law is an example of this: humans have a right to property, so theft is banned; they have a right to security, so assault is banned; they have a right to good health, so health care is provided; no and they have a right to a dignified living, so welfare exists. no

It's not so much that they have rights, so far as that society exists for the sake of humans (lifting us above the level of kill-or-be-killed jungle life), and in order to incentivizes people to strive for goals that will help society. And those last two incentivize people to sit on their asses, so no.

But yes, morality and ethics are the realm of philosophy (and religion...I guess...), where as law is often about making society work better. Ethics only comes into play when the ethical issue involved is so important it shuts society down (see: slavery)

Coming back to abortion, whatever you think about abortion ethically, it's hard to deny that it is beneficial to a healthier/more efficient society (adding insurance that people will make families when they're ready for them). So yeah, whatever you think about it ethically, I think it only makes sense that it should be legal.

When pro-lifers are ready to start a civil war over the issue... D:

Potential to be something does not equal being that thing. If someone destroyed the block of marble the Venus de Milo was carved in, would they be guilty of a crime against art? Of course not. The sculpture was not done yet.

If someone snuck into the sculptor's studio after a few months, weeks, or even days of work and destroyed the sculpture in progress, you can bet he'd be upset about it.

Similarly, a fetus has the potential to eventually become a human being, but it's not. Being a human is not fucking magic. It takes more than a bunch of chemical reactions. Just like a work of art takes time to emerge from raw materials, it takes time for an embryo to develop to a point where it has interesting enough properties to warrant us granting it rights. It sure as hell doesn't become intelligent, viable and self-aware overnight.
So your definition of a human being, or at least a human being worth preserving, is one that is intelligent, viable and self-aware. Not saying this with a tone of condemnation, but it's actually nice to see a line being drawn somewhere.

To carry the art analogy further, say the artist was just getting started on her sculpture, chipping away huge chunks, with an idea in mind as to how the piece is going to look. To an audience, it's just shapeless stone, but the artist, if left unimpeded, would continue to chip away at the rock until a figure begins to emerge. The point at which we, the audience, would begin to recognize a human form, would be purely subjective. In a sense, I'm just repeating your point, but if it's unclear when the exact point in time a clump becomes a human, why take the risk of erring on the side of human? Unless you don't care if it's murder as long as it's legal.

You might say, but if the artist doesn't wish to complete the sculpture, isn't that her decision? The mother doesn't form the baby in her womb in the sense that she is an active participant in its ongoing creation. It's a natural process (the institution of which I would attribute to God) that will produce another human being.

I suppose the missing piece of my argument is God, which sadly doesn't hold any water with most of you. The idea being the child to be doesn't belong to the mother or father in the ultimate sense, but to a God who forms living, thinking beings from an insentient mass of cells.

I'm guessing I'm not a big help to the pro-life cause, bringing up God where some might prefer a God-less argument, and not being particularly interested in implementing any laws which might cause many at this point to feel victimized and harden their hearts farther...

Also, why are people trying to take morals out of the question? Isn't the whole argument of pro-choice that it is WRONG to impose your beliefs on my actions. That it is RIGHT for me to make my own choices with my own body. Aren't those MORAL judgments?

edit: just watched the Sam Harris video. He makes the same faulty assumption as Brain. The zygote is not just any old cell on the body just like the artist's marble block is not any old block in the quarry. The chisel has already been put to the stone and the work of art is already in production.
As far as souls splitting...who said anything like that? The soul is not a tangible, substantial thing that is linked to the body. You cut off someone's arm and they don't suddenly have 4/5 of a soul.

I agree with Chou. Reading this thread makes me lose respect for a lot of people on this forum. I just don't see why people think they should have the right to not have to face up to the consequences of their actions. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, so to speak. It is unfortunate that the consequences of the action more negatively affect the female in the relationship but we aren't seahorses and there isn't a whole lot that can be done about that. But stop calling pro-life people misogynistic. I believe the man should be held responsible for supporting the baby. Women shouldn't have the right to kill their babies. End of story.

If you make the decision to have sex you need to accept that there is a chance you may end up having a child to care for. The problem with this country is everyone feels self-entitled and doesn't want to accept responsibility for their actions.

Also, I too want to give Deck Knight credit for how well he is behaving himself and expressing his thoughts. He often irks me with his Glen Beck like behavior but he has been honestly level-headed and intelligent so far in this thread.

EDIT: At the video about splitting souls for twins and merging them for chimera. lol. I'm an atheist but that is the most retarded attempt to turn religion against itself ever. Was that guy raised as an atheist? How can someone that I'm assuming is way smarter than me have such a poor understanding of religion?

There is a general intense hatred of the far right among moderates and lefties in America
more like, "in the whole world" and the usa just happens to be a massive conglomeration of evangelicals and wingnuts
It's not so much that they have rights, so far as that society exists for the sake of humans (lifting us above the level of kill-or-be-killed jungle life),
society exists for the sake of humans... to have rights...? the level of kill-or-be-killed is bad because... of human rights?
and in order to incentivizes people to strive for goals that will help society. And those last two incentivize people to sit on their asses, so no.
are you serious, chou? you don't have a problem with watching people suffer, possibly die, because they got into a car accident and didn't pay for insurance, on the basis of "they would sit on their ass otherwise"? you don't think humans are entitled a life if you think they're going to waste it?

edit: yes, the position that women can't have sex irresponsibly but men can is inevitably going to be misogynistic. that discussion would be able to move on if the pro-lifers would admit that they're sexist when other issues conflict with women's rights.

But stop calling pro-life people misogynistic

So I shouldn't call out things how I see them? I should just be quiet about them instead of raising them to attention to be dealt with?

What a shitty way to brush things under the rug you are suggesting

I don't know what it is about this that makes people so aggressive. Nothing you can yell at someone on the internet will actually change this, and it would be nice to have a discussion without trying to form alliances against the imaginary "bad guys" who don't agree with us.
Personally, I think abortions should only be used in limited situations including when the mother is in danger and when the child was conceived by rape. As far as I'm aware of, putting a child up for adoption is a far more practical solution that often gets rejected because most people assume that adopted child somehow has an incomplete life because they were not raised by their biological parents. If anyone who was adopted wants to affirm or deny what I said, then I will take their word because they would know better than me, or anyone else here. (Also, please stop calling adopted children orphans because those are completely different things.) Having an abortion because the child has a chance to be disabled is like saying that a disabled person isn't as valuable as anyone else and disgusts me. People have also mentioned overpopulation as a reason to have abortions, which is complete nonsense when you consider that America (and most 1st world countries where this is even relevant) have negative population growth based on birth and death rates which usually evens out when you factor in immigration.
I refuse to discuss the morality of whether a fetus is a person because there is no objective answer to anything regarding morality, so my argument is mostly about how unnecessary abortion is. I have this radical idea for a solution: If people (as in men and women, because it takes two to make a child) do not want to have children for whatever reason, then all they have to do is not partake in activities that will produce children. Call me crazy, but I think it might just work.

I dont really like rights based arguments. Rights are always an oversimplification. They are convenient because they are simple, but ultimately things are never about rights, they are just about what people want.

I could answer the questions, but there have been a lot of people answering the questions, and while my answers might be different I dont think they are interesting enough to put in the effort..

I dont really like rights based arguments. Rights are always an oversimplification. They are convenient because they are simple, but ultimately things are never about rights, they are just about what people want.

THIS THIS THIS

society exists for the sake of humans... to have rights...? the level of kill-or-be-killed is bad because... of human rights?

No, I said society doesn't exist for humans to have rights. Society is just an engine for human survival. More specifically, individuals build a society because they know that cooperation to improve military force and increase resources is better than being at the mercy of predation and environment.

are you serious, chou? you don't have a problem with watching people suffer, possibly die, because they got into a car accident and didn't pay for insurance, on the basis of "they would sit on their ass otherwise"? you don't think humans are entitled a life if you think they're going to waste it?
Considering how many people die from "unnatural causes" on a daily basis, and the finite pool of resources that do require human effort to procure and maintain-- no, you don't have a right to health, or government hand outs just because you drew the short end of the stick. I don't believe people are entitled to my wealth for their sake, just as I'm not entitled to theirs. If they choose to split their resources with me, fine--but they should not be co-erced by government to do so.

Death is a part of living. I'm not saying people shouldn't jump to help those who obviously are in need of immediate medical attention, but if that medical aid puts said person under huge debt, that's part of their lot.

I agree with Chou.

Uh... except I said I'm pro-choice (or at least pro legal abortion...)

So I shouldn't call out things how I see them? I should just be quiet about them instead of raising them to attention to be dealt with?

What a shitty way to brush things under the rug you are suggesting

You shouldn't resort to ad hominem, no. Explain why making abortions illegal is destructive to women but don't call people names because you disagree with their beliefs. I find nothing misogynistic in believing that both parents, male and female, should face the consequences of their actions and provide for the child they created.

EDIT: @Chou: I agree that reading this thread makes me lose respect for people because of the cruelness of their beliefs.

Eh, I'm not about to lose disrespect for people. I'm just a bit disappointed.

For instance I'm almost absolutely certain U_D and I will never agree about how society should be, but hopefully we can agree to disagree.

NJ, I'm certain my beliefs piss off a lot of people too, but I'd at least hope they could be civil about it. At the very least, blowing your stack does not push your case.

I agree with Chou. Reading this thread makes me lose respect for a lot of people on this forum. I just don't see why people think they should have the right to not have to face up to the consequences of their actions. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, so to speak. It is unfortunate that the consequences of the action more negatively affect the female in the relationship but we aren't seahorses and there isn't a whole lot that can be done about that. But stop calling pro-life people misogynistic. I believe the man should be held responsible for supporting the baby. Women shouldn't have the right to kill their babies. End of story.

If you make the decision to have sex you need to accept that there is a chance you may end up having a child to care for. The problem with this country is everyone feels self-entitled and doesn't want to accept responsibility for their actions.

Sex is an essential activity to compensate for the almost ridiculous amount of stress in American society. In fact, it is SO common that making abortion illegal becomes an utterly ridiculous prospect, as quality of life for young people age 30 and under would plummet as they are faced with even MORE living expenses in a shit economy.

"...women aged 20--29 years accounted for the majority (56.9%) of abortions and had the highest abortion rates (29.4 and 21.4 abortions per 1,000 women aged 20--24 and 25--29 years, respectively)" (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6001a1.htm?s_cid=ss6001a1_w)

Not only is not having an abortion when you cannot afford a baby irresponsible, but it is also an leads to the negligence towards the quality of a prospective human life.

To go through with a pregnancy without means to care for a baby and keep up healthy living conditions could lead to illness and/or death of the child, who is now developed enough to agonize over the pain of hunger and disease.

"Among the 40 areas that reported marital status for 2008, 15.7% of all women were married, and 84.3% were unmarried"(http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6015a1.htm?s_cid=ss6015a1_w)

In an attempt to garner funds in order to pay for the child, the (most likely single) parent will have to work multiple jobs and extremely long hours, as most job openings in this economy offer a little over minimum wage and only allow part time positions in order to avoid the prospect of paying medical insurance. This is mostly keeping in mind the lower class. The middle class is only a little better off. With college degrees becoming mostly useful as a coaster in many cases, graduated students have to work much harder than they have before in order to earn a decent living. This means more hours. And by more hours, I mean working multiple jobs that offer minimum wage in order to mitigate the low pay of one's hard-earned full time job where they utilize their degree. These people can not afford a child, period, time-wise nor economically. On the plus side, they are at least more likely to have adequate medical insurance that pays for the basic infant care.
Abortion isn't for the parents as much as it is for the child. No child should have to suffer as their parents neither have the time nor the money to care for them. Outlawing abortion will not only damage the lives of parents and children, but it will also damage government services, such as schools, where overcrowding is already a problem. And as for accommodating birth control in health insurance, I am an advocate. Lower class women take longer to gather the funds in order to pay for abortions. In order to avoid late term abortions, which I am against, it is necessary to provide people with this services.

EDIT:
EDIT: @Chou: I agree that reading this thread makes me lose respect for people because of the cruelness of their beliefs.
Oh shut up you hypocrite. I took your previous post seriously because I thought it had some merit, but this is just ridiculous. People can't judge you for your beliefs, but you can judge them for theirs? Give me a fucking break.

I'm sorry for the language here, but it needs to be said. Don't be a hypocrite if you decide to deem a thread hostile and aggressive. Just because people have opinions that differ from yours doesn't mean you get to act all high and mighty like yours is the only "right one".

NJ, I'm certain my beliefs piss off a lot of people too, but I'd at least hope they could be civil about it. At the very least, blowing your stack does not push your case.

And I don't really think anybody has been uncivil in this thread so far? Having strong opinions or being aggressive about your opinions isn't the same as being uncivil.

So your definition of a human being, or at least a human being worth preserving, is one that is intelligent, viable and self-aware. Not saying this with a tone of condemnation, but it's actually nice to see a line being drawn somewhere.

My actual definition does not use "and". It uses "or", which is as generous as it gets. That embryos can't even pass such a generous definition is quite telling.

if it's unclear when the exact point in time a clump becomes a human, why take the risk of erring on the side of human? Unless you don't care if it's murder as long as it's legal.

It might be unclear to me the "exact" point in time the clump becomes a human. But it is extremely clear to me that this point is AFTER conception. Take the morning after pill, which might be killing a day old zygote. Well, in my book, that thing is NOT human, it is NOT valuable life. It's a bunch of cells, nothing more. I am not unsure of whether the clump has become a human in that time span. I am completely sure that it hasn't. There is no erring in this case.

Basically, it might be unclear at what point, exactly, a small tomato becomes a big tomato. For some unknown reason, we might want to avoid calling big tomatoes small. But some tomatoes are obviously small. I'm not going to call them big out of caution because they are not large enough for me to hesitate. The same goes here. From what I understand, the gray zone is around the second trimester, and that's where your argument might be sensible. But the first month, for instance, is not a gray zone - it's clump zone. The last month is not a gray zone either, the baby is viable anyway.

You might say, but if the artist doesn't wish to complete the sculpture, isn't that her decision? The mother doesn't form the baby in her womb in the sense that she is an active participant in its ongoing creation. It's a natural process (the institution of which I would attribute to God) that will produce another human being.

What if I made an artificial womb, at the bottom of which I put sperm, and at the top of which I put an ovum? Pulled by gravity, the ovum slowly falls onto the sperm. According to the natural laws, fecundation is inevitable, and the process will produce another human being. So is it murder to smash the artificial womb to pieces while the ovum is falling? What if I froze a zygote and made a timer trigger the thawing? Is it murder to stop the timer?

Oh and I am not done with experiments. Far from it.

Let's say I make a small bacteria or nanorobot which, when injected in a zygote, quickly and systemically visits all cells in order to swap its DNA for some other DNA. If this process is done in the first few seconds or minutes of mitosis, it will effectively replace the embryo by another completely different embryo that will develop in a completely different baby. Did this process kill the original baby? Is this process murder?

Or let's say that I make some kind of machine which takes the genetic code of a man and a woman, selects random genes from each, and then from a large bank of nucleotic acids, painstakingly assembles a zygote, without ever having actual sperm or ovum at hand. Once assembled, the zygote develops normally. Now, I ask: it murder to destroy the machine before it's done with assembly? As soon as it digitally receives the original genetic code of the man and woman, if left to its own devices, it will produce a baby.

All this to say, if an embryo is valuable, it must be inherently valuable. It doesn't matter what it will become, because it is not that yet, and I can engineer a nearly infinite number of convoluted machines that have the potential to become a baby, thereby blurring even the line of conception. No matter how hard I look, I fail to see any intrinsic value in an embryo.

I suppose the missing piece of my argument is God, which sadly doesn't hold any water with most of you. The idea being the child to be doesn't belong to the mother or father in the ultimate sense, but to a God who forms living, thinking beings from an insentient mass of cells.

Don't take this the wrong way, but every time you and other Christians describe God, the only mental image I can muster of him is that of a drooling retard trying to hammer a square peg down a round hole. I feel bad for saying that (because mental retardation is no joke), but there is honestly no other way I can put my thoughts into words. So forgive me while I get this out of my system: your God is of such crass incompetence that it infuriates me. There. I feel better.

I mean, seriously, if abortion is a problem with God, there's a solution, right there, in fucking nature: OVIPARITY. I mean, I don't even... ugh... UGH. If you consider developing embryos as sacred, the least of things is to make them develop outside of the mother. Then if the mother doesn't want it, no big deal, just give the egg to someone else. If anything, placental viviparity is evidence that God doesn't give a shit.

Also I would like to add that something that does not exist does not have a place any discussion, whatsoever, while the topic of God is being brought up.

Since these turn into quotefests otherwise:

1. jrrrrr:

Morality is objective (or are you willing to argue "morality is relative is the only moral absolute?"), and you have no problem with laws that enforce what you think is right, e.g. gay marriage no matter how many adoption agencies get shut down because of the inherent conflict between religious rights and homosexual normalization.

Thousands of children were denied loving homes because of gay marriage's passage via judicial fiat in Massachusetts (and also in Illinois. And also anywhere else gay marriage passes by law or fiat, because as soon as it is legalized the lawsuits and forced shutdowns cometh against longstanding Catholic agencies) - your preferred policies are not moral just because you believe them to be. They must be measured by their actual effects and intended consequences. You know a law is moral by how it comports with its net effects combined with its intention, implementation, and common sense.

2. Brain / Umbreon Dan:

None of those things you mentioned Brain are rights (though they may stem from the right to liberty - the difference is no one must be compelled to give you liberty, but they must be compelled to pull your teeth), and Dan: health care is not a right because health care is provided by the skilled labor of medical professionals. By definition to have health care be a right is to enslave the doctors who provide it. Never mind it's impossible to have a right to "good health" because genetics and old age tend to take care of that one without interference from tyrannical governments.

Rights have a very limited definition and are specific from privileges. Rights by necessity must not be products or services, but concepts. Property for example is tangible but the right protects the principle that a parcel of land can be owned and used exclusively by one person. You don't have a right to a specified plot of land or free-standing object, you have the right to own a parcel of property or object in the abstract.

The confusion on this subject of rights is purposeful because modernist progressives would have no leg to stand on if they didn't cloak each of their policy preferences as some "right." This is how the Soviet Constitution operated, and conveniently the Soviet Constitution allowed for every right except dissent (they also weren't keen on private property, life, or liberty)

Nastyjungle:

I explained it how it is, just like in the other thread I made a passing reference to partial-birth abortion as delivering a baby breach, then snapping an infant's spinal cord and collapsing their skull. If it sounds ugly and indefensible, it's because it is. No one holds an infant in their arms and imagines pulling it limb from limb, making sure each and every piece of their body is removed from the uterus. Yet that is what a late-term abortion (as opposed to PBA) is.

If we upscaled the standard second and third term abortion procedures and applied them to death row inmates, we would be accused of being barbarians of the highest order. We perform those on tiny innocents in the name of "choice."

I have no love for your position either, the difference is I understand your concerns and so do pro-lifers, which is exactly why we try to help women in crisis pregnancies understand that their life and the life of their child is precious. What has Planned Parenthood ever done for women? Take their money, toss them on tables, slaughter their children, and wait a couple months for the cycle to continue.

I urge you to check out organizations like Birthright. They are, as can be expected, opposed by Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest (and most subsidized) abortion provider. CPC's are bad for their business - After all, it takes nine months to give birth for free with a CPC, whereas an abortion can be done over two days for $300 a pop, and since none of the circumstances that led to the problem pregnancy will be addressed, they could be seeing the same client again in only a few months.

Which brings me back to jrrrrr:

You are attempting to wrap multiple issues into "pro-life" in order to obfuscate the specific argument against abortion. I know of very few "pro-choicers" who support school vouchers, less draconian cigarette laws, or less restrictive government in general.

As a saying I developed goes:

A pro-choicer will let you choose to kill your child, but not where they can go to school or whether you can have a cigarette or a bag of chips while you think about it.

Remove the euphemisms and you just end up with pro-abortion and anti-abortion. As I said before, I don't consider abortion to be definable as a "right" by any consistent standard [abortion is a product or service, not a concept] so there's just the word itself. It should stand or fall alone on its merits and definitions.

Finally to Chou and as a general note:

The pro-abortion position is predatory. It proclaims that as long as the human life is small enough, weak enough, young enough, or insufficiently developed to the pro-choicer's arbitrarily selected standard, that the rights that humans ordinarily enjoy can be suspended for personal preferences. Any pro-choice line where they start to believe ending human life is wrong in regards to abortion can easily be stretched out to one or two years outside the womb, thus why the OP link mentioned infanticide. I understand it may be hard for you to realize "I'm gonna have sex DK," but no one is prohibiting that. To jump back to Dan, no one bans "being gay," they ban specific actions and endorsements via established public policies.

Back to Chou: The point is, when you do have sex and you do create a life, you should understand the gravity of that and work to protect that life. As a man, you cannot even create life! Your body is constructed to deliver a constituent part of it, but you cannot nurture and nurse a life from its tiniest structure to the baby you will hold in your arms. There is no other realm where you would allow someone's whims to curtail another human being's unalienable rights. There is no other time when "doing the right thing is too hard" is accepted as a valid excuse.

If you work in a school system you are a mandated reporter of sexual abuse. No matter how hard it is, you must report a friend who is abusing their position to harm the well-being of a minor. The concept that life is precious and deserves to be protected is absolutely foundational to a functioning society.

People are carping about broken homes and financial non-viability:

Ask yourself if you support or oppose these statements.

1. Marriage between a mother and father is optional - cohabitation is morally neutral.

2. There is no intrinsic value in the mother/father/children arrangement over and above alternative definitions of a family.

3. Single mothers should be lionized because they work so hard, and we should not question them as to why the father of their child is not in the picture.

4. No fault divorce should be the legal norm.

5. Sex can and should be considered separate from monogamous love.

6. Some combination of welfare checks, alimony, and child support is a suitable substitute for the presence of a (non-abusive) father in the home.

I would argue if you support the preponderance of these statements, the problem is you support positions that weaken and/or dismantle the bonds of family. The best insurance against poverty and youth criminality is a married mother and father living in the same home.

Is this an easy life? No. But when you view society through the lens that it exists for the benefit of children and not adults (loosely defined as anyone 18 and over), it becomes much easier to accept and live.

I'll end with an experience:

One of my coworkers recently had a baby, and she brought her in at two weeks. The baby barely fit across my folded arms. She was fast asleep and completely helpless, even as she was passed around from person to person. She can't speak, she can't articulate her life experiences or feelings, she is not self-aware, her eyes have not developed the proper focus to see anything but blurry images yet anyway. She is too weak to feed herself, she's still trying to develop the motor skills in her arms and hands. She can't control her bowel movements.

According to some of the standards used in this thread, she is not a human being yet. I can't abide by that kind of obvious, oblivious shortsightedness and selfishness. It's easy to talk about the abstract qualities of humanity when you have no children - as if all of life is an academic exercise with no stakes involved. The only difference between then and two weeks prior is real estate - location, location, location. I stand in awe and wonder that the things I believe and the decisions I make will impact this child's life, so I try my hardest to believe the right things, to elect the right people, to fight for the right ideas and hold the right ideals.

So I guess I'm a softie at heart. All the better then, that I can direct my intensity where it counts. I too will pass... but I want her to have the same chances I've had to live, to work, to dream, to be disappointed, to suffer hardship and adversity - and to overcome them, if slowly and ploddingly. Nothing crystallized my belief in life so much as holding a little one.

Ask yourself if you support or oppose these statements.

1. Marriage between a mother and father is optional - cohabitation is morally neutral.
Well it has to be if Anti-Gay Marriage-ists advocate it.

2. There is no intrinsic value in the mother/father/children arrangement over and above alternative definitions of a family.
This is absolutely true. We only put as much meaning in to things as we want to. There are many people who don't see their parents as anything more than people who take care of them or, in many cases, don't.

3. Single mothers should be lionized because they work so hard, and we should not question them as to why the father of their child is not in the picture.
If abortion were illegal they wouldn't have a choice but to become a single mother if the father leaves the picture on his own accord which does happen by the way.

4. No fault divorce should be the legal norm.
Um... ok?

5. Sex can and should be considered separate from monogamous love.
Yup. Abstinence is pointless and the only people that advocate it are either Evangelicals or just wouldn't be able to get any anyway :D (or both, of course)

6. Some combination of welfare checks, alimony, and child support is a suitable substitute for the presence of a (non-abusive) father in the home.
Again, why is divorce being put into the picture? It isn't relevant. If a husband divorces a pregnant wife, he will be obligated to pay child support, yes - that is true. Welfare checks cannot substitute stable income for households with children. Furthermore, distributing welfare checks to single parents with child is an unnecessary burden on the state.

I would argue if you support the preponderance of these statements, the problem is you support positions that weaken and/or dismantle the bonds of family. The best insurance against poverty and youth criminality is a married mother and father living in the same home.

yes I support all of those statements, but that's probably because I'm a secular heathan :O. I also support Gay Marriage, stud!!!

I have no love for your position either, the difference is I understand your concerns and so do pro-lifers, which is exactly why we try to help women in crisis pregnancies understand that their life and the life of their child is precious. What has Planned Parenthood ever done for women? Take their money, toss them on tables, slaughter their children, and wait a couple months for the cycle to continue.

Take it as a cop out response, me giving up, me losing the argument, whatever

but i literally do not know how to respond to this, i can't even fathom anything to say to something so ludicrous as this paragraph

edit: actually, after fulling reading everything you wrote, apply what i just said to that entire post

i almost jokingly said "then masturbation is a sin" but i remembered it actually is oops

was interesting before deck started spewing the usual honeyed filth, someone feel free to unlock this if they think more can be gleaned from it

i think more good discussion maybe can but i don't have the presence of mind to lead it after waking up and reading what i missed

man naruto NEver has to make decisions about abortion and stuff

i just wanna protext v_v

I guess you can blame me for all of this, I took a thread with no responses, lit the fuse and threw it into a crowded theatre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back