Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Is there anywhere in Pokémon X where you can see Gorebyss, Rhyperior and Yveltal (especially the latter) to complete your Pokédex since that just needs Pokémon seen rather than caught, or do I have to obtain them myself?
(I was planning to go through Y for Yveltal and transfer up some stuff eventually, but it would be nice to get the Oval Charm before all that...)
Yveltal I don't think so, but I think that the people in the cafes who will show you a random Pokemon can show you anything else.

Is there anywhere in Pokémon X where you can see Gorebyss, Rhyperior and Yveltal (especially the latter) to complete your Pokédex since that just needs Pokémon seen rather than caught, or do I have to obtain them myself?
(I was planning to go through Y for Yveltal and transfer up some stuff eventually, but it would be nice to get the Oval Charm before all that...)
Inver can have a Rhyperior, no trainer in XY uses Gorebyss outside the Battle Maison.

Yveltal is not able to be seen without having been caught in Pokemon X, you must trade for one for its Pokedex entry.

Hey y'all! I was recently starting to consider making a mono bug playthrough for pokemon scarlet (I might post a thread about it if/when I get around to do it). However, I stumbled upon a weird situation when thinking about using scizor. I don't really have a second game to trade back and forth and evolve scyther with or irl friends that could help me evolve em, but I do have legends arceus on the same switch, so in theory I could transfer the scyther, evolve em in that game, and transfer em back to use scizor. However, I'm kinda worried about the legality of it. Would doing that be technically the same as trading back and forth or would it be considered cheating?

Hey y'all! I was recently starting to consider making a mono bug playthrough for pokemon scarlet (I might post a thread about it if/when I get around to do it). However, I stumbled upon a weird situation when thinking about using scizor. I don't really have a second game to trade back and forth and evolve scyther with or irl friends that could help me evolve em, but I do have legends arceus on the same switch, so in theory I could transfer the scyther, evolve em in that game, and transfer em back to use scizor. However, I'm kinda worried about the legality of it. Would doing that be technically the same as trading back and forth or would it be considered cheating?
Buddy, you're doing this for your own enjoyment. It's only cheating if you think it's cheating.

If you decide transfering a Scyther to PLA or SwSh is off limits for your playthrough, then if you're willing to wait a bit in your playthrough to add Scizor to your team, you can catch it from 5* raids or in the terarium if you have the DLC. You can get access to the terarium before you beat the main story, though I don't know if the areas Scizor is in would require certain Raidon sandwich abilities, or what level the Scizor would be at before you beat the main story.

As Pumpkinz says this is just something you're doing for fun. Mods are not going to come into the thread and ban you because you evolved your Scyther in another game. No one would care about this unless it was literally a speed run that has to go up on a leaderboard.

Honestly you could literally just cheat a Scizor in and no one would really care.

If you decide transfering a Scyther to PLA or SwSh is off limits for your playthrough, then if you're willing to wait a bit in your playthrough to add Scizor to your team, you can catch it from 5* raids or in the terarium if you have the DLC. You can get access to the terarium before you beat the main story, though I don't know if the areas Scizor is in would require certain Raidon sandwich abilities, or what level the Scizor would be at before you beat the main story.
Kitakami has pre- & post- game levels but I believe Terrarium is post-game levels only (outside of the raids). It's like the IoA/CT split.

The Johto wild Pokémon battle theme has been used in the anime in episodes like Good 'Quil Hunting, however it turns out it has also been slightly remixed and used in the third Pokémon movie (in Japanese) with Entei and it plays when Misty battles Molly.

It's distinct from the usual anime version of this theme though obviously is very similar. I remember it being used in the penultimate episode of the AG series Once More With Reeling.

My question is where else this particular remix of the theme has been used in the anime - whether they be sub or dub, episode or movie. Cheers!

Last edited:
Okay after seeing a Weavile refuse to use Triple Axel on Rayquaza, I need to ask. Do we happen to know if the AI in SWSH is really much worse than in SV? I'm seeing way too many instances in Dynamax Adventures of CPU allies seemingly not using effective moves or trying to spam stat reducing moves when they can't work.

Okay after seeing a Weavile refuse to use Triple Axel on Rayquaza, I need to ask. Do we happen to know if the AI in SWSH is really much worse than in SV? I'm seeing way too many instances in Dynamax Adventures of CPU allies seemingly not using effective moves or trying to spam stat reducing moves when they can't work.
Multihits only see the base power of the move. At 20 base power, it's gonna use whatever Dark moves it has first.

Back