SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Are they all the same or are there differences between them? Also if the Meltan line is in, does it have an unknown method?
I mean, you know the files are public right? :P

Example
Stantler - 73/95/62/85/65/85 (Total: 465) - Normal/Normal - Intimidate/Frisk/Sap Sipper
Evolutions:
Level: 0
Condition: UNKNOWN_61
Parameters: [0, 0, 0, 0]
Species: Wyrdeer
Form: 0

Ursaring - 90/130/75/75/75/55 (Total: 500) - Normal/Normal - Guts/Quick Feet/Unnerve
Evolutions:
Species: Ursaluna

Meltan is not in the game files, so cannot know.

I'm done!

EDIT: I'm so stupid I forgot the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0PjCBLEYcLgy6mhjsaUDxiSFY/edit#gid=1550671514

On my spreadsheet, available here, I have a huge vertically sorted sheet with all learns on it, on the tab LearnsetData. Matches the 1.0.1 datamine exactly, though I called the unknown table reminder moves "Other" for the time being.

1668638222646.png

On the tab Learnset-Check, I'm going to build a couple of small functions to output lists of interest. Let me know if there's any other others you're looking for. Also feel free to steal LearnsetData outright to use in your own projects!

1668638169919.png

Hope someone got fired for that blunder :/
1668638201667.png

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Hard hopium for a 1.0.2 patch that fixes all the godawful moveset inconsistencies

I guess it’s a good thing trainers are optional, it means I don’t have to worry as much about catching Pokémon getting me too over-leveled for gyms and etc. I’ll probably end up leveling almost exclusively off of wild Pokémon anyway, if I end up catching everything in sight.

Trying to make the permissions allow people to use the dropdowns without exposing the whole file to public editing. Sheets is kind of annoying

I mean, you know the files are public right? :P

Example
Stantler - 73/95/62/85/65/85 (Total: 465) - Normal/Normal - Intimidate/Frisk/Sap Sipper
Evolutions:
Species: Wyrdeer

Ursaring - 90/130/75/75/75/55 (Total: 500) - Normal/Normal - Guts/Quick Feet/Unnerve
Evolutions:
Species: Ursaluna

Meltan is not in the game files, so cannot know.
Huh. Interesting. Both have the same evo parameters, but neither should evolve the same way...

I wonder what this means.

Unrelated, but I'll spoiler it anyway for those who like blind exploration.
Map of the stakes you need to interact with to get the Four Ruinous Beasts of OU.

https://imgur.com/a/1b690Oe

Edit: Gonna put it in another spoiler just because it opens the Reddit link with a massive compilation of most pastebins we got lol.

I've done a small parse over any entries in the encounter table that have a set "area" or "location" field, so this doesn't include encounters that seemingly are allowed to spawn in any area, but only if the biomes match.

https://pastebin.com/hhdpw1M7

There are still a few areas/locations that are unknown, which can be found by just doing a search for "Unknown". If anyone here has found any species that have an unknown area/location, please mention it.
so these are how they show up in the summary
Code:
loc_desert_west        Asado Desert
loc_desert_east        Asado Desert
loc_lake_east        Casseroya Lake
loc_lake_south        Casseroya Lake
loc_snowymountain_01    Glaseado Mountain    the south side of the mountain, especially near the peak
I couldn't find Larvitar in any caves in the right level range.
Frigibax and Arctibax though, it could possibly be a rare spawn in this cave on the north coast. It spawns a lot of deino and gabite. I don't have the ingredients to make an Encounter Ice sandwich to test it.

1668638120468.png

I seriously do not believe Surskit exists. I've spent over an hour looking for it in every area listed in its habitat and I haven't seen ANY.

Also what's up with the biome rates over 100%?

Huh. Interesting. Both have the same evo parameters, but neither should evolve the same way...

I wonder what this means.
All four of Stantler, Scyther, Ursaring & Qwilfish-H are in the same boat

The optimistic thought is it's simply a placeholder (even though Qwilfish should be able to evolve just fine, but whatever) and that Home compatability/DLC will come with an update to make them properly available

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A side note but I'm looking at Gimmighoul and Gholdengo a lot right now and the more I look at them, would I be wrong if I say that Gimmighoul and Gholdengo remind me a lot of Larvesta and Volcarona in a sense?

This thing in the regional dex and presumably National Dex is right before the legendaries in the dex order and right after the pseudo-legendary, which was a similar case with Volcarona in terms of the Gen 5 roster. Both of these families are two-stage families. Gholdengo also has a very high BST of 550, which is the same as Volcarona's.

And even though the manner of which they are presented in their respective debut games is very different Gimmighoul and Gholdengo definitely feel "stand-out" and "special" amongst the new Paldea mons in SV, in a vein to how Larvesta and Volcarona were presented as very "special" amongst Unova's roster in Gen 5. Gimmighoul in Paldea isn't a generic Pokemon you can find in the wild, and it's presented as a particularly special mon that is associated with collectibles and has a very unconventional evo method. This is different from Larvesta, but Larvesta in Unova was unique because you could only get one via an Egg, and one other evolved specimen of Volcarona could be encountered like a Legendary. It has a more conventional evo method but it has a very high effort level of investment needed to evolve Larvesta.

These guys also feel very "integrated" into the lore of Paldea like Volcarona was. Gimmighoul from the trailer tease had a lot of lore going on, and Gholdengo seems to have plenty going for it in terms of being a special, elusive mon in Paldea. Volcarona was very elusive and rare in Unova and practically treated as an ancient deity.

In many ways Gholdengo feels similar, yet different, from Volcarona, but it really does feel like a repeat of what they were trying to do with Volcarona back in BW.

Just a few thoughts.

A side note but I'm looking at Gimmighoul and Gholdengo a lot right now and the more I look at them, would I be wrong if I say that Gimmighoul and Gholdengo remind me a lot of Larvesta and Volcarona in a sense?

This thing in the regional dex and presumably National Dex is right before the legendaries in the dex order and right after the pseudo-legendary, which was a similar case with Volcarona in terms of the Gen 5 roster. Both of these families are two-stage families. Gholdengo also has a very high BST of 550, which is the same as Volcarona's.

And even though the manner of which they are presented in their respective debut games is very different Gimmighoul and Gholdengo definitely feel "stand-out" and "special" amongst the new Paldea mons in SV, in a vein to how Larvesta and Volcarona were presented as very "special" amongst Unova's roster in Gen 5. Gimmighoul in Paldea isn't a generic Pokemon you can find in the wild, and it's presented as a particularly special mon that is associated with collectibles and has a very unconventional evo method. This is different from Larvesta, but Larvesta in Unova was unique because you could only get one via an Egg, and one other evolved specimen of Volcarona could be encountered like a Legendary. It has a more conventional evo method but it has a very high effort level of investment needed to evolve Larvesta.

These guys also feel very "integrated" into the lore of Paldea like Volcarona was. Gimmighoul from the trailer tease had a lot of lore going on, and Gholdengo seems to have plenty going for it in terms of being a special, elusive mon in Paldea. Volcarona was very elusive and rare in Unova and practically treated as an ancient deity.

In many ways Gholdengo feels similar, yet different, from Volcarona, but it really does feel like a repeat of what they were trying to do with Volcarona back in BW.

Just a few thoughts.
to me i see "spiritomb" because its a weird ghost type you have to work your ass off to get

I also can't help but feel the entire reason its so deep in the dex is because they wanted the 999th pokemon to be the pokemon that takes 999 coins to evolve and then evolves into a strong "popular in universe" pokemon for #1000

It's a shame marketing never talks about national dex numbering since they dont want to give away how many pokemon there are, I could see them making a bigger deal out of gholdengo

It's a shame marketing never talks about national dex numbering since they dont want to give away how many pokemon there are, I could see them making a bigger deal out of gholdengo
Well, I wouldn't exclude them to go back to it later once all mons are officially revealed.

so these are how they show up in the summary
Code:
loc_desert_west        Asado Desert
loc_desert_east        Asado Desert
loc_lake_east        Casseroya Lake
loc_lake_south        Casseroya Lake
loc_snowymountain_01    Glaseado Mountain    the south side of the mountain, especially near the peak
I couldn't find Larvitar in any caves in the right level range.
Frigibax and Arctibax though, it could possibly be a rare spawn in this cave on the north coast. It spawns a lot of deino and gabite. I don't have the ingredients to make an Encounter Ice sandwich to test it.

I seriously do not believe Surskit exists. I've spent over an hour looking for it in every area listed in its habitat and I haven't seen ANY.

Also what's up with the biome rates over 100%?
I'm not sure about the rates over 100%, though I imagine they are just special values, like how learnsets use a level value of 0xFE / -3 to indicate "learn at evolution"

Well, I wouldn't exclude them to go back to it later once all mons are officially revealed.
possibly but post-release marketing is always way more subdued

if they were more willing to talk about the numbers and give away a rough estimate of how many pokemon were getting added, I think they'd make a way bigger deal about it comparatively

Its kind of interesting that gamefreak removed a lot of "universal" tms that are unhealthy in competitive while also not making much sense in- universe. Every pokemon knowing how to spit poison, but quite a bit of pokemon know trailblaze, lots of non-grass too.

I'm done!

On my spreadsheet, available here, I have a huge vertically sorted sheet with all learns on it, on the tab LearnsetData. Matches the 1.0.1 datamine exactly, though I called the unknown table reminder moves "Other" for the time being.

View attachment 466207

On the tab Learnset-Check, I'm going to build a couple of small functions to output lists of interest. Let me know if there's any other others you're looking for. Also feel free to steal LearnsetData outright to use in your own projects!

View attachment 466205

Hope someone got fired for that blunder :/
View attachment 466206

Enjoy :)
Hm did you forget to include a link to the sheet? Thanks for making this btw

Scovillian proves that the bare minimum you need is something "hot"

Spice & sun are instant fire players there. But also can probably just "what if thing LOOK like fire BUT ACTUALLY ARE NOW"

dog they've done a mermaid and a witch (that was just straight up a magical girl the stage prior) before this i don't think they really care about femme designs on their starters
Reminder concerning Primarina:
1668640127497.jpeg

Starters such as Primarina, Delphix, and now Quaquaval are more or less femboys (if male)

I'm not sure about the rates over 100%, though I imagine they are just special values, like how learnsets use a level value of 0xFE / -3 to indicate "learn at evolution"
If I had to guess... These must be the "mass outbreaks".

Basically a clump of the same mons in a group. Potentially with a "Leader". That's how you evolve Bisharp anyway.

Also, I think the "Area rates" are like, the "Encounter ratio" the older games used to have. Kinda like this:
1668640141742.png

That's what Emerald Route 101 looks like encounter-wise. You have a 7% chance of encountering a mon when you walk into a tall grass tile, and then the individual percentages kick in to show what mon you get.

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Do we have a comprehensive breakdown on how Tera works? I'm mostly interested in knowing if each Pokemon is locked to one Tera type and if you can have multiple Pokemon capable of using the mechanic on the same team.

Erm, Carnival is quite linked to catholic tradition, and the Brazilian carnivals DO come from Iberian ones (which in turn come from Venice). It is less "cultural appropiation" and more "shared culture". Non me fodades, que o entrudo é unha tradición moi antiga que partillamos a ambas beiras do Atlántico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Santa_Cruz_de_Tenerife
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Cadiz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Las_Palmas

The skull imagery for Fuecoco is more of a Día de Muertos thing tho, and, that one has mesoamerican origins through and through, but ended up, like the European mid-fall, end of harvest fest, as part of the catholic "All souls`day". Still, that imagery get used everywhere anyway, so...

If I had to guess... These must be the "mass outbreaks".

Basically a clump of the same mons in a group. Potentially with a "Leader". That's how you evolve Bisharp anyway.

Also, I think the "Area rates" are like, the "Encounter ratio" the older games used to have. Kinda like this:
View attachment 466209

That's what Emerald Route 101 looks like encounter-wise. You have a 7% chance of encountering a mon when you walk into a tall grass tile, and then the individual percentages kick in to show what mon you get.
That Gen 3 encounter table reminds me of AdvanceMap. Ah the memories.

Just a few thoughts.
I remember someone else bringing up Wimpod's F-tier level-up movepool recently, so all I've personally been seeing in Gimmighoul-Gholdengo is the odd-generation sequence of Magikarp-Gyarados, Feebas-Milotic, Tynamo-Eelektrik-Eelektross, and Wimpod-Golisopod - just like Gimmighoul-Gholdengo, all of their first/basic stages have very shrunken level-up movepools, and most of them have a substantial BST increase when they finally evolve. Feebas even also has/had an evolution method involving you putting inordinate amounts of repetitive work into your wimpmon!

In comparison, Larvesta has a substantial level-up movepool, including learning a move at Level 100 back in Gen 7.

In the meantime, I want all the Violet Dex entries, but yes, I am particularly interested in Gholdengo's. Both its and Gimmighoul's lore combined so far imply to me a get-rich-quick scheme for Gimmighoul with an actually sympathetic goal: travel the world with some safety at something faster than a snail's pace. Gholdengo's Scarlet Dex entry, with its mention of making friends easily, even implies that either it's constantly apologizing for its actions as a Gimmighoul or it already aimed for more transparency about its goal back when it was a Gimmighoul.

That Gen 3 encounter table reminds me of AdvanceMap. Ah the memories.
It is. :totodiLUL:

Erm, Carnival is quite linked to catholic tradition, and the Brazilian carnivals DO come from Iberian ones (which in turn come from Venice). It is less "cultural appropiation" and more "shared culture". Non me fodades, que o entrudo é unha tradición moi antiga que partillamos a ambas beiras do Atlántico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Santa_Cruz_de_Tenerife
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Cadiz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Las_Palmas

The skull imagery for Fuecoco is more of a Día de Muertos thing tho, and, that one has mesoamerican origins through and through, but ended up, like the European mid-fall, end of harvest fest, as part of the catholic "All souls`day". Still, that imagery get used everywhere anyway, so...
The irony. I was the ignorant one all along. This leak season got me on Twitter too long, I got brainrot. :totodiLUL:

Do we have a comprehensive breakdown on how Tera works? I'm mostly interested in knowing if each Pokemon is locked to one Tera type and if you can have multiple Pokemon capable of using the mechanic on the same team.
Not sure what you mean, we already know most of how Terastal works.

Every pokemon can Terastalize (albeith only 1 per battle), every pokemon can have any Tera type.

While the initial tera type may be fixed (es: starters always have Tera = their main type), it can be changed in game an indefinite amount of times from a NPC.

The irony. I was the ignorant one all along. This leak season got me on Twitter too long, I got brainrot. :totodiLUL:
It's ok sir, we all have our dumb days.

In my cause, I almost exclusively have dumb days!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)