Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

me too, that was the newest I found, gonna have to get my points up tho, also is ther ea way to get more than one pokemon in to the dream forest at once, rather than just always getting one pokemon a day

So I basically HAVE to entralink to "fix" my white forest :/ and all I did was go to DW. Oh, and after I beat E4 second round, I can't seem to find the swarm text on electronic boards...

that stinks tho must have been a glitch than cause I did get two pokemon in one day tho no idea how I did it, was an oddish and..I think tailow

Speaking of glitches, I threw an Ultra Ball at Elgyem and it wiggled once, then the little stars came out (indicating it had been caught). Does anyone know why it did this, seen something similar? Am I missing some sort of in game thing?

P.S. I wasn't hallucinating :D

Critical damn capture, its a new mechanic its been said already like 10 times through this thread, here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Critical_capture

It basically boosts your chances of catching a pokemon, because when you throw a pokeball, it geneartes 4 numbers, and those 4 numbers have to be below a certain value calculated via catch rate and status etc.
Critical capture only generated 2 numbers so your chance is increased. It doesnt guarentee capture though

Speaking of glitches, I was flipping through my party comparing stats and my Durant showed its backsprite on the summary screen. I went back and forth between Durant and the other pokes, and they were all frontsprites. I saved, turned it off, and it was normal the next time I played.

Speaking of glitches, I was flipping through my party comparing stats and my Durant showed its backsprite on the summary screen. I went back and forth between Durant and the other pokes, and they were all frontsprites. I saved, turned it off, and it was normal the next time I played.
If you tap the pokemon on it's summary screen, it'll flip to it's backsprite.

Critical damn capture, its a new mechanic its been said already like 10 times through this thread, here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Critical_capture

It basically boosts your chances of catching a pokemon, because when you throw a pokeball, it geneartes 4 numbers, and those 4 numbers have to be below a certain value calculated via catch rate and status etc.
Critical capture only generated 2 numbers so your chance is increased. It doesnt guarentee capture though

Thank you! I seem to have missed it amongst the 2000+ posts here so far :D

So I'm heading through the town map again before I go to the elite 4 the 2nd time, I need some suggestions for HM slaves. I currently have 3 pokemon for surf, flash, strength, and fly and I need to minimize that!

Golduck can learn:
Surf
Waterfall
Dive
Flash
Cut
Strength

(iirc)

I've been having a breeze with the new EV training mechansims, because I can tell when my Pokemon finishes gaining them! Just raised my Quiet Shiny Chimecho in Celestial Tower and I didn't even have to count. Save+check after a few battles. Also, does anyone know where to use Flash/Strength in the centre of the Abyssal Ruins? I've made it to Floor 2 but I can't get past it...grrrr...

I really love how Volcarona can learn Fly. Flame Body + Fly makes hatching eggs easy.
In HGSS I had to use a Hoothoot and a Slugma for the same effect.

Well, at least it made a good parent. Have my 31/16/31/31/31/6 Magic Guard Solosis now, so at least that went fairly quickly. And for once with this egg group, it actually ended up male in the end. I have a 31/21/27/31/31/31 Mismagius, the earlier Solosis, a 31/31/31/31/31/29 Jolly Solosis, and my 10(ugh)/31/31/31/30/31 Gengar, all ladies.

Now, my experience trying to breed an Azumarill...that was torture.

Because that would defeat much of the purpose of careful breeding?

What careful breeding? It's all percentages, and the RNG can screw you to hell whenever it feels like it. Honestly, I wish that the items for keeping IVs and natures worked higher than 50% of the time. Seems so pointless after I've bred a few dozen eggs all with differing natures than the one I want that I've Everstoned. Or getting a correct nature but not getting the IVs I've tried to pass down with the correct item for another few dozen eggs.

Wow, all you guys are lucky. After a few hours of breeding, all I got was:

Eevee Bold Male
31/x/31/25/31/20-30
I mean, just look at that imperfect Sp.Atk. Vaporeon is going to take a long time to get... :(

Wow, all you guys are lucky. After a few hours of breeding, all I got was:

Eevee Bold Male
31/x/31/25/31/20-30
I mean, just look at that imperfect Sp.Atk. Vaporeon is going to take a long time to get... :(

25 IVs is usable, you should stick with it. Also, at least you had better luck than me trying to breed a Timid Snivy. I got one with 31s in SpA, Def, and Speed, and 29-30 in the other stats. Except for SpDef. That was a 0. I was incredibly pissed.

25 IVs is usable, you should stick with it. Also, at least you had better luck than me trying to breed a Timid Snivy. I got one with 31s in SpA, Def, and Speed, and 29-30 in the other stats. Except for SpDef. That was a 0. I was incredibly pissed.
I had a bit more success than you. Here's the Snivy I hatched last night: 26-27/31/24/30/15/30, Timid. Its Hidden Power was Fire with base 67 power, but I was very disappointed by the Special Defense IV. Even though the mother Snivy had the perfect Special Defense IV, it wasn't passed down.

Okay then, thank you. Now it's a Vaporeon with 248 HP/216 Def/ 44 Sp.Def
Scald/Toxic/Wish/Protect

I also got:
Ninetales Timid Drought
26/26/28/31/31/31
Nasty Plot Sun-Starter

Politoed Modest Drizzle
30/27/31/31/25/31
Choice Specs

Breloom Adamant Poison Heal
31/31/14/13/20/31
Sub-Puncher

Ferrothorn Relaxed
31/31/31/x/26/x
General wall

I did not realize that my Breloom's defense was so low...

Back