Weather is the only choice? My Ass!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Freak here with a team that needs rating. I wanted to try a non-weather team out, lets see how it goes~

Purpose:

As you can see, this team has two dragon sweepers and a Magnezone. This is what is known as the DragonPull combo. The purpose of this team is to eliminate any steel types that may wall my dragon-type sweepers, and abuse the raw power of my dragons to sweep my opponents team. Of course, I wanted this team to do fairly well against weather teams, and for those of you who have seen my other RMT's, you might see that added my favorite ways to stop these threats :P Anyways, I use Magnezone to trap my opponents steel types, and finish the game with my dragons. I run a balanced team between offense and defense.

Weaknesses:

Without Mew's taunt, Baton Pass teams like to play around me. Also, my team itself isn't fond of opponent Magnezone's as I need my own and I run Ferrothorn. Excadrill is sands candidate to fend of my team. I do play a Magnezone set that is considered its "check". Kingdra is rains candidate to ruin this team as well. Although, any SS'er with Ice Beam makes winning a challenge as my only checks to them are Rotom and Ferrothorn. Blaziken also does its fair share of sweeping. Enough with that though, lets get into it:

@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- WoW
- Hidden Power [Grass]

In Depth Analysis:

I wanted something that can hit any weather starter hard from the beggining. I instantly thought of this Rotom, it can Hydro Pump T-Tar for half, and Volt Switch Politoed for around 60%. I usually go for HP [Grass] on toed to scout for Gastrodons. Pain Split is usually just there to abuse its bulk, and I invested in SDef over Spe because its speed really cannot out speed many Pokemon of importance anyways, except for maybe Gliscor. Its only flaw fighting against weather is that Abamasnow is a bitch, but not commonly seen so I decided to take my chances. I like to pretend to be scarfed/specs too, as usually my opponent tries to predict that in a bitch-like way and I counter that with a bitch-faced switched attack :P

Changes

+ Might run an offensive set if it proves to be more efficent.
+ Might add WoW over Hp [Grass] or over Pain Split

Synergy:

~ Rotom-W and Ferrothorn have nice type synergy when walling.
~ Rotom-W and Latios have good synergy as Rotom-W can take any Ice Beam's if needed.
~ Rotom-W and Dragonite have some type synergy, Rotom-W can take any Ice Beam's needed.
~ Rotom-W and Magnezone have nice synergy, Rotom-W can take any Fire hits when needed.
~ Rotom-W and Mew have no synergy whatsoever really XD

@ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

In Depth Analysis:

Latios has that raw speed and power that OU so craves for. It has a 130 base special attack, and a base 110 speed. Talk about boom, it usually takes scarfers or even priority in order to out speed Latios! I run specs>scarf because a Timid nature already gives me a whooping 350 speed that does not need more added to it. I decided that I like the power Draco Meteor + Specs give my Latios. Usually, its job is simply to switch. I used to run HP [Ice], that is, untill I learned it can use Ice Beam. I must admit; its not that useful, but I do not want to use trick at all. Unless someone can offer me a better choice attack, I am compelled to use Ice Beam. Psyshock>Psychic hits Blissey much better. Draco Meteor is for that juicy STAB! Surf is to abuse opponents rain, or to deal with sand/sun better (although for sun meteor is probably better).

Changes:

~ Might change Ice Beam for trick
~ Might change Ice Beam for thunderbolt, although x4 weakness to Dnite is nice w/o Spa drop.

Synergy:

~ Latios and Ferrothorn have nice type synergy. Ferrothorn can take any attack aimed for Latios.
~ Latios and Rotom-W have good synergy as Rotom-W can take any Ice Beam's if needed.
~ Latios and Dragonite have nice sweeper synergy, they balance physical and special attack.
~ Latios and Magnezone have nice synergy, Magnezone can eliminate any opposing steel types for me.
~ Latios and Mew really have no type synergy or sweeper synergy.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

In Depth Analysis:

I really wanted a Dragon that can abuse power, like Latios. I wanted it to be a physical sweeper though, and was tempted to use this as my first escuse to test out Haxorus. However, I remembered just how powerful a banded Dragonite can be to the ass. First off, its priority Extreme Speed. Its not STAB, and its never going to be super effective, but ES is just boss on D-Nite. Anything that can out speed me that can OHKO me think I am stupid for sending him out and go for the attack. Then they see I revenge kill with ES. Its the perfect Revenge Killing attack. Ghost types force a switch, but not too problematic. I run Outrage for his STAB + Band. You do not want to suffer that kind of pain. I have to be careful for steel types, but then again, I got Magnezone ;). I run Earthquake to replace the useless waterfall. It does everything waterfall does and better so I decided to put it on Dragonite. I lastly run Fire Punch just so that I can hit Ferrothorn or any steel types with a nice super effective attack. Although I have Magnezone, one must always have plan B.

Changes

Dragonite does need to be changed, unless someone can prove to me that there is a better physical dragon in OU (actually, please do, I like testing out new things).

Synergy:

~ Dragonite and Ferrothorn have nice type synergy. Ferrothorn can take any attack aimed for Dragonite.
~ Dragonite and Rotom-W have good synergy as Rotom-W can take any Ice Beam's if needed.
~ Dragonite and Latios have nice sweeper synergy, they balance physical and special attack.
~ Dragonite and Magnezone have nice synergy, Magnezone can eliminate any opposing steel types for me.
~ Dragonite and Mew really have no type synergy or sweeper synergy.

@ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt

In Depth Analysis:

Magnezone's job is rather important on this team. It has to eliminate as many steel types as possible to enable my dragons to power their way through. I run this odd sweeper balloon set to check Excadrill. It prevents Excadrill from late game sweeping as if I can keep zone alive until the last few rounds Exca shows its ass, I can abuse my balloon and OHKO with HP [Fight]. HP [Fight] is because rain really fucks up my steel elimination and HP [Fight] can still do its job. I miss running HP [Ice] on Magnezone, but Excadrill is more of an ass. Substitute is to allow me to prevent Ferrothorn from ruining my sweep with Leech or Thunder Wave. I run Thunderbolt for STAB. I really love this thing, and its speed investment allows my to outspeed Scizor so I can hand it down a nice Thunderbolt which usually wears it down, and if I catch it in pursuit or BP while banded, then its no problem.

Changes

Might switch for a different set if I see one works better than this one.

[/b]Synergy:[/b]

~ Magnezone and Ferrothorn have nice synergy. Magnezone can be rid of Ferrothorn's steel threats that ruin it from walling/crippling a team.
~ Magnezone and Rotom-W have good synergy as Rotom-W can eat fire type attacks.
~ Magnezone and Dragonite have nice synergy, Magnezone can also eat any attacks aimed for Dragonite. Also eliminates steel threats.
~ Latios and Magnezone have nice synergy, Magnezone can eliminate any opposing steel types for me.
~ Magnezone and Mew have nice synergy. Mew eats fighting type attacks.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

In Depth Analysis:

I wanted to use something that can resist dragon and ice types so that I can protect my Dragons from being swept from those attacks. I thought of Ferrothorn right away, as it fares well against sand and rain, and can do the job at hand. I gave it thunder wave to enable my Latios to sweep scarfers, and for Dragonite to out speed a few Pokemon. I put leech seed to troll, and Stealth Rock to catch opposing Dragonite. Power Whip was the attack I chose to handle rain and choice Rotom's. Ferrothorn also doesn't take any extra damage from sandstorm, so I knew it was perfect for this team. I run a SDef Ferrothorn so I can work alongside Mew, to take physical + special hits together.

Changes

Might change the Pokemon if I can see a better one to do its job.

Synergy:

~ Ferrothorn and Latios have nice type synergy. Ferrothorn can take any attack aimed for Latios. Latios can take a few fighting hits.
~ Ferrothorn and Rotom-W have good synergy as Ferrothorn and Rotom-W eat grass/fire type attacks aimed at each other.
~ Ferrothorn and Dragonite have synergy, Ferro walls Dragonite's weaknesses.
~ Ferrothron and Magnezone have nice synergy, Magnezone can eliminate any opposing steel types for me.
~ Ferrothorn and Mew have perfect synergy. Mew takes any fighting attack aimed at Ferrothorn.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost

In Depth Analysis:

There is a reason why Mew is here. I know it seems out-of-place, but, I needed something to work well alongside Ferrothorn. I knew that fire was no problem as Dragons + Rotom-W resist these hits, but fighting would be an issue. Latios is very frail, and I knew then I needed something to take fighting type attacks. This Mew can wall any physical dragon and counter hard with Ice Beam. WoW support really helps me cripple any threats aimed at my team, while, Taunt provides me the option of not being set up bait. Roost is just my way of trolling reliable recovery. I use Ice Beam because I don't like doing a Dragon Vs Dragon as its too risky.

Changes

None, unless something does its job better [maybe Gliscor?]

Synergy:

Mew has no synergy with sweepers, but only has synergy with Rotom, Ferrothorn, and Magnezone.

This is my non-weather team meant to shut up SL from saying: "Weather >.>". It proves I can use an effective non-weather team, but I am sure it has flaws. Please rate away ^_^

Are you a Team Thief? I made your job easy:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)