UU Snake Draft IV - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to the first week of UUSD, hosted by Frozoid and I! Please familiarize yourself with the following:
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you cannot schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag me, the opposing team's managers, and all the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, but they also contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.

:scovillain: Ascovillains (5) vs. (7) Tohjo Falls Dragonites :dragonite:
SV UU: mncmt vs watashi
SV UU: passion vs Parpar
SV UU: lax vs starbitstorm
SV UU: Ciro napoli vs TyCarter
SS UU: TPP vs dex
SM UU: airfare vs robjr
ORAS UU: Elfuseon vs Gondra
BW UU: GoldCat vs Fakee
DPP UU: Le Don vs LpZ
ADV UU: Cam vs Xrn
GSC UU: dawnbuster vs Mystras
RBY UU: Unowndragon vs Sabelette

:dragonair: Dragon's Den Dragonairs (2) vs. (10) Lake of Outrage Sandacondas :sandaconda:
SV UU: vivalospride vs Fc
SV UU: Andyboy vs Azick
SV UU: Moutemoute vs hs
SV UU: Feliburn vs gum
SS UU: TDK vs Luthier
SM UU: Sage vs pdt
ORAS UU: Sylvi vs dingbat
BW UU: rs vs Nalorium
DPP UU: Eternal Spirit vs Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: BigFatMantis vs Heysup
GSC UU: col49 vs vani
RBY UU: royzin vs YBW

:ceruledge: Ceruledge of Tomorrow (5) vs. (7) Paniola Primarinas :primarina:
SV UU: JustFranco vs Lily
SV UU: Mandibuladel5555 vs ninjadog
SV UU: dunoks vs Dr. Phd. BJ
SV UU: Leru vs Corperate n
SS UU: Attribute vs udongirl
SM UU: etern vs Xiri
ORAS UU: Ashbala vs Scalescale
BW UU: Alkione vs Finchinator
DPP UU: HSOWA vs fatty
ADV UU: HANTSUKI vs SEA
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs Estarossa
RBY UU: Amaranth vs NotVeryCake

:wurmple: Wild Wordle Wurmples (7) vs. (5) Violet City Vtubers :meloetta:
SV UU: Floss vs justdrew
SV UU: DugZa vs Liz Angeles
SV UU: Danny vs Mimilucha
SV UU: Piyush25 vs Rasche
SS UU: kythr vs 691
SM UU: Chaitanya vs EternalSnowman
ORAS UU: Amukamara vs Lyssa
BW UU: EviGaro vs Punny
DPP UU: Beraldo vs Micciu
ADV UU: gorex vs EllingtonReborn
GSC UU: alive vs Real FV13
RBY UU: MrSoup vs Torchic

Ascovillains (0) vs. (0) Tohjo Falls Dragonites

Dragon's Den Dragonairs (0) vs. (0) Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
SV UU: Andyboy vs Azick

Ceruledge of Tomorrow (0) vs. (0) Paniola Primarinas
ORAS UU: Ashbala vs Scalescale

Wild Wordle Wurmples (0) vs. (0) Violet City Vtubers
SV UU: Piyush25 vs Rasche
ORAS UU: Amukamara vs Lyssa

The deadline for this week is Sunday, October 15th @ 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
quick dicts

:dragonair: Dragon's Den Dragonairs vs. Lake of Outrage Sandacondas :sandaconda:
SV UU: Andyboy vs TJ
RBY UU: royzin vs YBW - no clue ngl

:ceruledge: Ceruledge of Tomorrow vs. Paniola Primarinas :primarina:
ORAS UU: The Strap vs Scalescale

:wurmple: Wild Wordle Wurmples vs. Violet City Vtubers :meloetta:
SV UU: Booty vs Rasche
ORAS UU: Amukamara vs Lyssa - shes prob not even playing anyway...

spell

It’s a femininomenon
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
not going to keep score

SV UU: mncmt vs watashi - i did not even know watan signed up for this tour, but he has a rough first pull. hes been a pretty iffy player in recent tours but i know he can put in results sometimes, going to keep a close eye on him but i think mnc is more fine tuned to the generation and to the tier itself while putting up much more respectable results in the generation than wata has. rooting for him though to overcome the odds!
SV UU: passion vs Parpar - passion is a good player, but parpar has been grinding and labbing in Elbaf so he gets the edge. Also just a really impressive player in general
SV UU: lax vs starbitstorm - sbs is the typical mainer who grinds but i think lax is just better, but also if he loses i wouldnt be surprised at all
SV UU: Ciro napoli vs TyCarter - cant get a read here at all

SV UU: JustFranco vs Lily - pretty close in terms of skill, i think. their previous encounter was uult? i think where lily won, but that was in the ancient land of pre-home so who knows how itll go this time around; 50-50
SV UU: Mandibuladel5555 vs ninjadog - he put up admirable performances in uuwc when hes supplied with good teams, his support pool seems good so i think hell do just fine
SV UU: dunoks vs Dr. Phd. BJ - you think you can replace skarph? tough luck bro Dr. Phd. BJ
SV UU: Leru vs Corperate n - i normally would bold leru, since i think hes the better overall player, but i think w1 i'll side with the more known uu quantity.

SV UU: Floss vs justdrew - holy grew
SV UU: DugZa vs Liz Angeles - liz seems more into the metagame and is likelier to pick up on the more subtle things compared to dugza, and i think shes been more impressive in other gens of uu and in past metagames as well
SV UU: Danny vs Mimilucha - i think danny is a very, very shakey player in uu and i dont think hes ever done really well in these tours, but i trust in his ability to win here. i dont really know mimlucha
SV UU: Booty vs Rasche

go dragonairs, and also my friends on other teams

Seldanna u should have signed up

GSC predicts! Don't be mad if I don't bold you, everyone is capable of picking up the W

dawnbuster vs Mystras
dawn taught me how to play this tier, and is in contention for goat status. Mystras knows what he's doing, but I've never seen him go + in gsc (I could be wrong though!). Think dawn has the clear advantage, especially considering her propensity to luck with shit teams ;)

col49 vs vani
col ranked hypno 10th on the vr...

Mr.378 vs Estarossa
Iron man of GSC. Esta's good, but I disagree with a lot of his meta takes and I think he has a habit of tunnel visioning in this tier

alive vs Real FV13
FV continues to impress me with every tour he's in. He likes to bring jank, but he somehow always figures out how to make it work. alive has been away from the tier for long enough that they probably have some catching up to do with meta trends. They'll have to learn fast if they want to keep pace with the rest of the pool

Dragon's Den Dragonairs vs. Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
SV UU: vivalospride vs Fc - viv seems like he's been having a good time w the gen and I'm going to assume that continues
SV UU: Andyboy vs TJ - I have no idea who Andyboy is, might be the greatest player to touch the site for all I know...
SV UU: Feliburn vs gum - predicting very famous uu open winner to go x-1
SS UU: TDK vs Luthier - What is there to say
SM UU: Sage vs pdt - the player to beat in the pool
ORAS UU: Sylvi vs dingbat - can't decide tbh, both are rly enthusiastic about the tier, fun MU
DPP UU: Eternal Spirit vs Thiago Nunes - I believe in the nudes
ADV UU: BigFatMantis vs Heysup - I'll cry if he loads kangaless, I'll cry more if he actually wins w it
GSC UU: col49 vs vani - vibes x2
RBY UU: royzin vs YBW - ummm yea

Ceruledge of Tomorrow vs. Paniola Primarinas
SV UU: JustFranco vs Lily - Not bolding against Lily in this pool, though Franco did fine last time they played for LT, if Lily decides to not bring any pokemon with Ice Beam then Franco can probably put up a fight
SV UU: Mandibuladel5555 vs ninjadog - He'll bring some jank garbage and win somehow
SV UU: dunoks vs Dr. Phd. BJ - if that isn't a winning name I don't know what is
SV UU: Leru vs Corperate n - corp ns cool + has better odds in the builder I feel
SS UU: Attribute vs udongirl - Would bold Attri against most + free sv udon
SM UU: etern vs Xiri - I vaguely remember Etern's UUWC record not being so hot, but he could've been unlucky or smth I didn't watch games tbh
ORAS UU: The Strap vs Scalescale - The Strap
DPP UU: HSOWA vs fatty - Not gonna bold against brew, tho I feel like I see HSOWA win a shitton in all sorts of random DPP lowers so I can see it being close
ADV UU: HANTSUKI vs SEA - SEA hasn't played ADV UU extensively if at all in tours tmk, but also SEA will play any random ADV tier and end up going turbo positive so they get a bold
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs Estarossa - Think I like Esta's odds at navigating the unbans meta more
RBY UU: Amaranth vs NotVeryCake - who the hell is hariyana josh

Wild Wordle Wurmples vs. Violet City Vtubers
SV UU: Floss vs justdrew - my sources have told me user JustDrew is infamously inexperienced with UU...
SV UU: DugZa vs Liz Angeles - bring an eeveelution if real
SV UU: Danny vs Mimilucha - prob fares better w team choice + solid
SV UU: Booty vs Rasche - vibes but rasche is good
SS UU: kythr vs 691 - vibes x2 but 691s good
SM UU: Chaitanya vs EternalSnowman - Whys chait in SM
ORAS UU: Amukamara vs Lyssa vs Deadgame - if this somehow gets played I'll do predicts every week
DPP UU: Beraldo vs Micciu - if memory serves micciu owned in uupl
ADV UU: gorex vs EllingtonReborn - goat + better + threat in adv uu matches
GSC UU: alive vs Real FV13 - alive hasn't touched the tier in multiple years and it's hard to bold against FV
RBY UU: MrSoup vs Torchic - not even going to try

Back by popular demand, and while we wait for official PRs to be released by the New York Times, I have once again started up the...

:sv/Lurantis: WEEK 1 INDIVIDUAL MANTIS RANKINGS :sv/Kleavor:
(sponsored by Toys R Us. I don't wanna grow up!)

These rankings have been run through various tests and procedures to unveil a final product, and will continue to do so each week. I will be ranking each tier individually, with SV UU being ranked 1-10 and all other tiers being ranked 1-5. If you do not make the Top 10 or Top 5 that means you are unranked but if you win some games you can easily move up and make it to the big time on top of the Mantis Billboard Top UUSD 50 end of season. The Dragonairs are all #1 in their respective tiers so I will not waste everyone's time ranking them obviously.

Since this is Week 1 the rankings are mostly based on a combination of track record + potential for explosion and/or implosion.

:Garganacl: SV UU RANKINGS :Iron Hands:
  1. Dr. Phd. BJ​
  2. Lily​
  3. mncmt​
  4. starbitstorm​
  5. justdrew​
  6. dunoks​
  7. Floss​
  8. DugZa​
  9. Fc​
  10. lax​

:Zarude: SS UU RANKINGS :Hatterene:
  1. Attribute​
  2. Luthier​
  3. TPP​
  4. udongirl​
  5. kythr​

:Primarina: SM UU RANKINGS :Latias:
  1. robjr
  2. pdt
  3. EternalSnowman
  4. Xiri
  5. Chaitanya

:Sylveon: ORAS UU RANKINGS :Virizion:
  1. Amukamara
  2. Lyssa
  3. Gondra
  4. dingbat
  5. Scalescale

:Victini: BW UU RANKINGS :Druddigon:
  1. Punny
  2. Finchinator
  3. GoldCat
  4. Fakee
  5. Evigaro

:Leafeon: DPP UU RANKINGS :Uxie:
  1. fatty
  2. LpZ
  3. Thiago Nunes
  4. HSOWA
  5. Micciu

:Kangaskhan: ADV UU RANKINGS :Lapras:
  1. Heysup
  2. HANTSUKI
  3. SEA
  4. Cam
  5. Xrn

:Muk: GSC UU RANKINGS :Aerodactyl:
  1. Real FV13
  2. Estarossa
  3. Mr.378
  4. dawnbuster
  5. vani

:Tentacruel: RBY UU RANKINGS :Articuno:
  1. Torchic
  2. Unowndragon
  3. Amaranth
  4. MrSoup
  5. NotVeryCake

Please note that these rankings were completing without harming any sea creatures. Do what you can to preserve and improve the environment and our society.

Looking for the official UUSD Power Rankings? Me too! But not to worry, I have been assured they will be out by mid-week! Cheers!

Melt Gibson

horror domain
is a Forum Moderator
:scovillain: Ascovillains vs. Tohjo Falls Dragonites :dragonite:
SV UU: mncmt vs watashi - mncmt has just been on fire lately, not much else to say
SV UU: passion vs Parpar - passion is probably the better player but parpar has probably played more SV
SV UU: lax vs starbitstorm - same here, lax is 100% better but if anyone is tryharding this tier it's starbitstorm
SV UU: Ciro napoli vs TyCarter - typhoon carter sweep
SS UU: TPP vs dex - probably a close match, but i think dex has a bigger chance of tilting
SM UU: airfare vs robjr - it will be a cold day in hell before i bold against robjr
ORAS UU: Elfuseon vs Gondra - just vibes here, wouldn't be too surprised at a gondra win tho
BW UU: GoldCat vs Fakee - i have faith in goldcat
DPP UU: Le Don vs LpZ - lpz my oldgen lowtier goat
ADV UU: Cam vs Xrn - i would have faith in cam but they brought punishment infernape in an roa roomtour once
GSC UU: dawnbuster vs Mystras - mystras is my bestie but i think dawnbuster is better at this tier
RBY UU: Unowndragon vs Sabelette - one day sabelette will pay for their rng crimes against both man and god but i dont think it's this week

:ceruledge: Ceruledge of Tomorrow vs. Paniola Primarinas :primarina:
SV UU: JustFranco vs Lily - very hard to bold against lily right now but franco is insane, def would not be surprised if i was wrong here
SV UU: Mandibuladel5555 vs ninjadog - this is going to be the jankiest matchup of the season and we get it week 1? goddamn
SV UU: dunoks vs Dr. Phd. BJ - i know who dunoks is
SV UU: Leru vs Corperate n - i think corp n is better in the builder by a long shot
SS UU: Attribute vs udongirl - very hard to bold against attribute + free sv udon
SM UU: etern vs Xiri - i dont think etern's record in uuwc was too hot but this could be better idk
ORAS UU: The Strap vs Scalescale - STRAP GAMING
BW UU: Alkione vs Finchinator - alkione is good but bolding against finch in bw is a big ask
DPP UU: HSOWA vs fatty - fatty is just better probably
ADV UU: HANTSUKI vs SEA - SEA can put their hands on any ADV lowtier and come out stupidly positive
GSC UU: Mr.378 vs Estarossa - i don't think this needs explaining
RBY UU: Amaranth vs NotVeryCake - idk man

:wurmple: Wild Wordle Wurmples vs. Violet City Vtubers :meloetta:
SV UU: Floss vs justdrew - bolding against floss in current gen doesn't feel smart
SV UU: DugZa vs Liz Angeles - liz is better in the builder
SV UU: Danny vs Mimilucha - danny is a better player but i think mimi is better at uu specifically
SV UU: Booty vs Rasche - rasche is one of the best svuu teambuilders i know
SS UU: kythr vs 691 - bolding against kythr in ss feels wrong
SM UU: Chaitanya vs EternalSnowman - who put chait on SM????
ORAS UU: Amukamara vs Lyssa - if this game gets played i will dunk my head in a bucket of ice water
BW UU: EviGaro vs Punny - you think i'm gonna bold against a top 3 slot in this entire tour?
DPP UU: Beraldo vs Micciu - vibes
ADV UU: gorex vs EllingtonReborn - she's an ADV prodigy and is also like, gonna have up to date shit and know lapras meta
GSC UU: alive vs Real FV13 - real
RBY UU: MrSoup vs Torchic - can we get mrsoup playing a real metagame please ty

Unowndragon

不是很懂我的固有厄运
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Spr_1g_006.png
Unowndragon's RBY prediction
Spr_1g_149.png

I don't have that much understanding of their level, so my guess this time will only be based on my first intuition, and there will be errors. Please forgive me

RBY UU: Amaranth vs Notverycake
Although RBY UU highly values players' understanding and quick response to attacks, and there is no stable victory rule, I am still more willing to believe that amaranth can achieve victory in the first place.

RBY UU: Mrsoup vs Torchic
They are all quite outstanding players, and it's not surprising who won. I think the winning rate is 5:5, but Torchic has a greater chance of winning, and of course, Mrsoup is also a powerful player I have seen.

6MY.png
Good Luck and have fun! -Fire Type Pokemon Trainer Unowndragon
937.png

Ascovillains vs. Tohjo Falls Dragonites
SV UU: mncmt vs watashi - Probably close but I've seen more from mence in sv
SV UU: passion vs Parpar - If parpar brings a good team he can win but this is not a guarantee
SV UU: lax vs starbitstorm - As the tour goes on sbs's prep will make a bigger difference but this is a tough mu for him w1, still wouldn't be surprised if he won
SV UU: Ciro napoli vs TyCarter - Have seen more from ty
SS UU: TPP vs dex - Vibes pretty much, tpp has been solid in this tier from what I've seen but I think dex has slightly higher upside in the builder + sspl was fun

SV UU: vivalospride vs Fc - Viv probably cares more, wouldn't be shocked if Fc won
SV UU: Andyboy vs TJ - I've never seen andyboy play
SV UU: Moutemoute vs hs - Vibes
SV UU: Feliburn vs gum - Trust feli in uu more
SS UU: TDK vs Luthier - Would probably bold tdk vs anyone, Luthier looked solid in this tier during uupl when he wasn't bringing bad teams though

SV UU: JustFranco vs Lily - Objectively should probs bold lily but drew won't shut up about franco
SV UU: Mandibuladel5555 vs ninjadog - Haven't seen mandi play since dlc yet, generally brings insane stuff. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win but the floor is higher from ninjadog
SV UU: dunoks vs Dr. Phd. BJ - Never seen bj play, dunoks is good
SV UU: Leru vs Corperate n - Not really sure on this but corp n normally bolds me
SS UU: Attribute vs udongirl - Free sv udon

quick predicts, no descriptions this time cus ive been rly busy but i hope to do smth fun next week onwards (posting before hsowa fatty ends)

Ascovillains vs. Tohjo Falls Dragonites

SV UU: Andyboy vs TJ
SV UU: Moutemoute vs hs (wouldve picked if it didnt happen same with dingbat)
SM UU: Sage vs pdt - 51/49 though

ORAS UU: The Strap vs Scalescale

RBY Predicts:rb/tentacruel:

UnownDragon vs Sabelette
Winner

Mrsoup vs Torchic
I give the slight edge to the god amongst men, though its very close.

Royzin vs YBW
I think Royzin has more overall experience than YBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)