SV UU UU double steel gastro team

I've recently learned a lot about uu, including some optimal sets and some old sets that haven't been used much, as well as the meta and how it has been defined as of post home. I decided to rework my old team from the ground up, keeping the core and throwing away everything else I didn't need or seemed less optimal. Here's what I came up with:

Pyrrah Nikos (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast

I relatively kept magenzone the same, but gave it more speed and switched out Tera flying for Tera grass since a ground resistance without a worry about rock and eletric is pretty nice. It's main use is to dish out a lot of damage to unsuspecting mons while being able to live some hits. Even super effective ones at full health. It's been really useful, especially with all the water types now in the tier.

Nora Valkyrie (Tinkaton) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Gigaton Hammer
- Tera Blast

I decided to switch up my tink set from Leftovers to life orb, mainly after hearing about it from my teacher and his encounters with it. He says offensive tink was annoying to deal with until they started becoming more defensive, in which he says they were a bit easier to deal with now. I wanted to see if i could experiment with it and see if I can make it work again. I put in Tera water because it deals with all its weaknesses and put in knock off as opposed to play rough since tink doesn't really need dairy moves to be good.

Previously, as the standard tink set, it had pretty good utility, setting up stealth rock and knocking off a lot of items. Gigaton hammer provided nice coverage and its fairy typing has been very beneficial.

Lie Ren (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 12 SpA / 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover

The 1st star omy team since it's so bulky and hits hard. It doesn't matter if it's slow since it can just shrug off any hit and deal super effective damage a lot of times. Recover helps it get healthy again while the rest of its moveset makes sure gastro gets good damage into everything. It's such a good mon to deal with everything that isn't a grass type. I did switch its Tera from fire to ghost since I wanted a Tera that didn't have a ground weakness. Although, maybe of I ran boots instead of Leftovers, Tera fire could work. But for now, i will keep it as ghost.

Jaunce Arc (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Spiky Shield

A pretty good wall that can deal with some of my weaknesses from an offensive side of things. Spiky shield gets some nice chip damage while leech seed keeps it healthy. Since it has a lot of healing, it can set up spikes from time to time and body press helps me deal with dark types and other fighting weak pokemkon in this meta. It's pretty good at its job

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake

The second star of the team. It's typing helps out with the entire double steel gastro core while being a very good sweeper while at it. Once it gets one dragon dance in, it could mean the entire game. Dual wingbeat deals with the bugs in the meta and earthquake makes for nice coverage. Tera steel so it doesn't get ruined by its weaknesses and HDB so it doesn't get damaged by rocks.

Little (Maushold-Four) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Tidy Up
- Encore
- Crunch

I still needed a hazard cleaner and maushold seemed to fit in my team pretty well. It can pressure my opponent early in the game if given the chance and has very good sweeper potential. Encore is a very good support move that saved me on a couple of occasions. It even has a lot of speed investment to make sure it can do something before being knocked out.

And that's it. Even though this team is a vast improvement on my last one, I feel like there can be a lot more improvements that can go in. For example, quag can just about wall this team if given the opportunity and sometimes,there's no way on how to deal with some set up mons. Any improvement, weather it be minor tweaks or pokemon swapping, is much appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day.

justdrew

beauty in the struggle
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Cool to see you posting another RMT.

I know you like offensive Tinkaton but that's really not a viable set.

Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Encore

This is the analysis set for Tinkaton. You can invest attack into Tinkaton. Probably up to 60 is as far as you should go. You can invest speed into Tinkaton as well. 12 and up to 68 or maybe a little higher if you choose. But I would really not suggest you use Life Orb Tinkaton. Another thing I notice is you not using Stealth Rocks on your teams. Tinkaton should be Stealth Rock, or make Gastrodon Stealth Rock. You NEED Stealth Rocks.

Gastrodon should never be without hazards. So I would either drop Gastrodon and use Donphan for removal, or give Gastrodon Spikes and take out Chesnaught for something else that can handle Meow and add additional check against Kleavor.

Another thing to note is your teams lack of speed and inability to break Skeledirge. Your teams fasted Pokemon is Maushold. There are 6 viable Pokemon naturally faster than Maushold not to mention every viable Choice Scarf user. You need to prioritize speed on your teams. Both Maus and Salamence struggle against Skeledirge. This is mostly because you have no immediate breaking power. Immediate breaking power is fundamentally found in Pokemon using Choice Band, Choice Specs, Life Orb, or anything possessing naturally high offensive stats. Magnezone is strong but it doesn't give you the breaking power you need due to Magnezones stabs being easily resisted.

I would continue to ladder to better understand the fundamentals of building in this tier which will better help you make more solid teams in the future.

Feel free to tag me and ask me any questions!

Cool to see you posting another RMT.

I know you like offensive Tinkaton but that's really not a viable set.

Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Encore

This is the analysis set for Tinkaton. You can invest attack into Tinkaton. Probably up to 60 is as far as you should go. You can invest speed into Tinkaton as well. 12 and up to 68 or maybe a little higher if you choose. But I would really not suggest you use Life Orb Tinkaton. Another thing I notice is you not using Stealth Rocks on your teams. Tinkaton should be Stealth Rock, or make Gastrodon Stealth Rock. You NEED Stealth Rocks.

Gastrodon should never be without hazards. So I would either drop Gastrodon and use Donphan for removal, or give Gastrodon Spikes and take out Chesnaught for something else that can handle Meow and add additional check against Kleavor.

Another thing to note is your teams lack of speed and inability to break Skeledirge. Your teams fasted Pokemon is Maushold. There are 6 viable Pokemon naturally faster than Maushold not to mention every viable Choice Scarf user. You need to prioritize speed on your teams. Both Maus and Salamence struggle against Skeledirge. This is mostly because you have no immediate breaking power. Immediate breaking power is fundamentally found in Pokemon using Choice Band, Choice Specs, Life Orb, or anything possessing naturally high offensive stats. Magnezone is strong but it doesn't give you the breaking power you need due to Magnezones stabs being easily resisted.

I would continue to ladder to better understand the fundamentals of building in this tier which will better help you make more solid teams in the future.

Feel free to tag me and ask me any questions!
Even though I believe skeledirge will most likely be banned in the future, it is a very concerning problem I keep facing and I would like to deal with. I did what you said so far, changing up my tinkaton set and giving it some speed and bulky sets. I also replaced surf with spikes on gastrodon, but afterwards I'm stumped.

I know of some pokemon that can deal with meowscarada, but not so much with klevior. If you could provide a list, that would be nice although I was thinking of lucario, rotom heat or lokix in my team. If I need to, I would be very glad to remove salamence or maushold for something more favorable. Thank you and have a nice day.

justdrew

beauty in the struggle
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Lucario gets hit with Close Combat, Rotom Heat gets Stone Axed and anything kills Lokix. I meant more defensively. Honestly Chesnaught is a good option to blanket cover those offensive threats. Theres also max defense Overqwil, defensive Hippowdon, and Skeledirge after tera.

One thing you for sure need to prioritize while building is speed tiers. Here is a list of the fastest viable Pokemon in the tier and what their speed stat is:
Weavile = 383
Meowscarada = 379
Greninja = 377
Cyclizar = 375-367
Tornadus = 375
Maushold + Scream Tail = 353

So when I say your team should have speed, ideally you have a Choice Scarf user that is able to outspeed all of the above, and you have one or two of those Pokemon listed to provide your team some speed.

Other things that you should focus on defensively are Choice Band Meowscarada, all Kleavor sets, Nasty Plot Tornadus, all Greninja sets, Skeledirge as it's just so good and the ability to boost Spa is insane. You should consider how your team handles these threats as you build. The #1 way to improve metagame knowledge is to ladder and keep laddering. Even when you lose you're improving your field of knowledge and skill as you can learn from your mistakes. Keep grinding. Pokemon isn't easy but it's absolutely a learned skill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)